• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Link’s objective in neutral and follow ups?

Jive :/

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
4946 5082 3413
I’ve always been interested in learning link in smash. When I saw the remote bombs and all of the cool tech that you can pull off, I finally decided that I would learn this character.

I consider myself a decent player and have a few characters in elite, but link made me feel like little Timmy picked up the controller. I learned some tech with the bomb, but I still have little experience with link’s neutral and disadvantage states. Could I have some pointers from some of you experienced link mains on how to win neutral and his follow ups?

Thank you.

BuddyBaker52

Smash Rookie
I’ve always been interested in learning link in smash. When I saw the remote bombs and all of the cool tech that you can pull off, I finally decided that I would learn this character.

I consider myself a decent player and have a few characters in elite, but link made me feel like little Timmy picked up the controller. I learned some tech with the bomb, but I still have little experience with link’s neutral and disadvantage states. Could I have some pointers from some of you experienced link mains on how to win neutral and his follow ups?

Thank you.
Bombs. Always bombs lol Nair is really good. Lingering wide hitbox. Boomerang. Fair is a good punishing tool and kill potential. Z drop the bomb as much as possible. Oos Nair and bair. Fair is really inconsistent. And u.tilt is broken. Hits on all sides and I think comes out fastest from behind. Hope this helps still learning link my own self

impossablank

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 4154 9068 4227
Keeping your opponent away with your projectiles is a big part of it, but it's also important to know when to get in close. I try to take out a bomb whenever I can, the bomb is probably his best tool, it's a lot of what Link is. Getting familiar with a few bomb setups is really good too.
Along with Izaw and Fatality, I'd check out frenchtutor.

ChinaCat

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 4209 0037 4617
i'm no pro player but as link I usually want to restrict movement options from my opponent with boomerang. I always have a bomb out either in hand or on the stage essentially trapping a section of the map which will also restrict opponents options. Nair is another of my most used tools. When you force your enemy's approach from projectile work i usualy will try to land a nair then try to follow it up. Nair is also great out of sheild. link's moves are on the slower side so you want to be careful but jab or downtilt are probably the safest sheild pokes.

BuddyBaker52

Smash Rookie
Keeping your opponent away with your projectiles is a big part of it, but it's also important to know when to get in close. I try to take out a bomb whenever I can, the bomb is probably his best tool, it's a lot of what Link is. Getting familiar with a few bomb setups is really good too.
Along with Izaw and Fatality, I'd check out frenchtutor.
Bro I watched some of frenchtutor and he's unreal. His highlights are so next level. He edgeguarded a ganon by b reversing off the ledge bouncing the bomb off it and hitting the opponent straight in the chest for the kill. And I love that he smack talks the whole time haha

impossablank

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW 4154 9068 4227
Bro I watched some of frenchtutor and he's unreal. His highlights are so next level. He edgeguarded a ganon by b reversing off the ledge bouncing the bomb off it and hitting the opponent straight in the chest for the kill. And I love that he smack talks the whole time haha
Yeah man he's crazy. A lot of the things he does with this character make me glad to be a Link main.

Top Bottom