• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lilac gets Smashified!

No, it's not Lylat.

Lilac from Freedom Planet gets a brand new outfit in her very own Smashified art by the artists Artsy Omni and Chris Szczesiul. This is their first ever commissioned art, and it was requested by the developer team itself, Galaxy Trail. The art showcases for the first time Lilac's new look for Freedom Planet 2, a spiritual successor to Sonic the Hedgehog, and it was done in collaboration with Galaxy Trail's Character Design Team.

You can find the Smashified website right here and Galaxy Trail's Twitter here.

What do you think about this art? Do you think this third-party collaboration is good for their project? Let us know in the comments!

Mario "Diosdi" Osuna

Comments

Lilac was unexpected, for sure, but they did a great job getting the most out of the character's design...well, upcoming design for the sequel, heh. Wouldn't have been my first choice for Smashified--or even on my list at all--but who's to say we can't see some surprises every now and then? It is just an art series; the creators can mix things up if they see fit.

Last edited:
I was hyped when I saw this, it even came just a little before I got my Freedom Planet Limited Edition.

It's definitely one of the best Smashified pieces, having official model sheets to work with really made a difference.

Didn't realize Freedom Planet 2 was a thing, but sure. I can't say I have much interest in either game, but I kind of like this new design for Lilac. For as much as I can remember her older one, anyway.

I love the character, and I love like 90% of the art, but that face is going to haunt me in my nightmares. There's just something weird looking about it.

Woah. I consider pixel art -> high resolution transformation to be difficult to pull off, but this was extremely well done! Looks and feels like official art!

Hmm, never heard of this character--or her game--until this moment. I just watched some videos of Freedom Planet and it looks well made; it reminds me a bit of the old Sonic games, back when Sonic was good. The storyline seems well-written, for a platformer.

[Shrugs] I might invest in this game, I might not.

Oh I've heard of her before....when someone else brought up she was being Smashified in another thread, but that's beside the point...

Great work as always...

I must be the only person here who would explode with hype if Lilac actually got into Smash.

Last edited:
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I prefer her more sonic inspired design. She's just a bit too "anime" now. Though, I've never been a huge fan of her character, I've just merely liked her character. She's like the Naruto, Goku, or Sonic of her game.

I've always prefer Carol as a character the most though, then Milla closely behind her. Though, I've only watched "Two Best Friends" play the game. So I only know things from Lilac's perspective. Spade might be cool, but from Lilac's perspective he's just a Shadow wanna-be edgelord with no real backstory. Now that Spade and Torque playable, I should probably watch some playthroughs.... Of course maybe I should just get the game since it is a fun game.

It's very easy to see how Lilac would work in Smash, since a lot of her moves are input a direction and press the attack button... Thinking about it, she might actually be a really fun character to play. Though, we'll never know since she has practically no chance to ever make it into a smash game.

Good work as usual Smashified, always nice to see their stuff.

My personal favorite Smashified so far. Love the game, and I'm super excited for the sequel. Great work as always, Smashified Team!

A) It's good to see the team are still Smashify-ing. I've wondered about the whether they were still at it.

B) If you needed any more reason to watch this space, getting commissioned by a game developer is it. Well done Smashified!

+1

The art looks really nice and I think it did its job nicely since I now know the existence of the Freedom Planet games xD

Like a Sonic game eh? Might as well try the first Freedom Planet.

Freedom Planet is a pretty dang solid game that fixes many problems of the old Sonic platformers. I reccomend it for anyone interested enough, I enjoyed the old sonic like design maybe a tad more but I can respect wanting a more original direction and it does look pretty good.
(Shoulda just made the teeth one smooth surface though, I swear those realistically arranged teeth look really odd there, the design is very anime-ish so might as well gone with anime teeth imo)

Last edited:
Never heard of her, but she sure is cute.
Ooh, and her game is 35% off ($9.74) on Steam for the next day and a half! And there's a free demo =3

Last edited:
I'd main her easily, just as long as she doesn't have a stall-than-fall down air.

Too bad I can't get a Smashified Violet Parr from the Incredibles to celebrate the upcoming sequel (in before Syndrome steals that spot).

Well, now that Smash Bros on the Switch has been announced, I really would like to see Sash Lilac in the game. Her Final Smash could be based on the Pangu dragon that she uses in the SHMUP level before Battle Glacier.

Top Bottom