• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Like Brawl Wolf, Like PM Wolf, and Best Wishes

Beets

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. I am a huge fan of Brawl Wolf. I am likewise a huge fan of PM Wolf.

I'm not a very experienced player. To me, Brawl Wolf and PM Wolf are not the same character. I don't really have an opinion on which one is better or which one I prefer.

But I was hoping this could become a thread where people discuss what they like about both characters, and what each excels at.

I personally really liked Brawl Wolf's dash attack and up smash. I thought his dash attack was cute how Wolf did a quick backflip. It looked natural and fluid. PM Wolf dash attack is neat and the usefulness is clear. But I always wondered why they changed the animation, and not just the functionality?

His up smash form Brawl was great because of how it dragged opponents in from the side and then scissor snapped them above Wolf. It was cool and useful, especially when DA cancelled. His PM up smash is also very cool, however, and looks much more natural than his Brawl one. It IS sorta funny and weird that Wolf hovers upside down and performs an upward scissor kick. :p

So yeah. I kinda want the da animation reverted to Brawl's, but I also don't mind the current animation at all.

What do you guys think?

Kaithewolf

Smash Rookie
I personally like PM wolf's dash attack and up smash animations more than his brawl one. They seem more aggressive and appear to suit wolf's style more than a back flip and scissors kick. The pulling in of opponents with his up smash in brawl was helpful, but I just found it kind of strange.

Maybe they changed the animations just to make him more cool and like wolf, I'm fine with the brawl one though.

noboruplaysgames

Smash Cadet
the main concept behind the animation change was probably to make him the combo oriented character he now is. The dash attack is a more natural animation for what they were trying to accomplish. They may have had an issue with the lunging forward with the backflip animation or it was just preference to give him a fresh attack. However the up smash is a lot more clear on the change. The super wide arc wolf has on his up smash is super helpful for covering options and makes it way easier for the confirm. Also in certain situations you can now even combo with the up smash and edgeguard with the back part of it as well. It has a lot more functionality added basically.

Kaithewolf

Smash Rookie
Yeah, which is great for me! I'm a very pressure heavy player so having the new dash attack worked great after I started playing a while ago.
Sorry for the late reply BTW. I don't go on smashboards that much.

noboruplaysgames

Smash Cadet
Yeah, which is great for me! I'm a very pressure heavy player so having the new dash attack worked great after I started playing a while ago.
Sorry for the late reply BTW. I don't go on smashboards that much.
Wolf is totally pressure heavy so u gotta love him :)

Top Bottom