• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightweight Melee for toasters? (not Melee light)

Guidodinho

Smash Rookie
Besides the basic crt-setup. I also like to play on dolphin sometimes. But I run it on a sh*tty toaster, wich works fine and dandy at 60fps on dreamland 1v1. But on most other stages it often dips to 50fps. So that's a no-go for netplay, especially with the newer 'fast-melee' dolphin builds wich seems to be way more demanding of your pc than older dolphin builds, but the big masses of people usualy move to the latest version.

So aside from obviously upgrading, from a toaster to an oven (short on moneys), is there a way to cut out all of the accesive graphics from the tourney-legal stages, for a consistanty smooth experience on a consistanly sh*tty computer?

(a quickly photoshopped example of what I mean, basically removing everything from the area except the stage itself, Randal can stay though, he's cool XD)

I already know how to work with the 'DAT Texture Wizard' for playing around with character textures and putting in my own music. But editing code like HEX editing and stuff like that is beyond my comprehension (gets me confused and lost in an ocean of text and numbers).

If someone could link me to a good guide for dummies to that, that would be fantastic.

But if someone has the knowledge and skills to do it themselves, I'd be eternally gratefull and willing to exchance service for service with my skills and experience with animation/pixel-art, if interested in stuff like that.
http://guidodinho.newgrounds.com/

Last edited:
Top Bottom