• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lightning for SSBU! - Lightning Support Thread

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
Who is Lightning you may ask?
Lightning is the main character of Final Fantasy XIII.

Aren't 3rd Party Franchises restricted to one character?
So far, yes but if Sakurai ever made a rule on that, Sakurai definitely changed his mind on things before (like adding an Animal Crossing character in Smash).
If 3rd party franchises do get more than one character, I'd want it to be Final Fantasy

Why Lightning?
Well I have been playing Final Fantasy XIII without any type of spoilers and I loved her attacks, I am mostly making the thread because I would love the concept.

What would she do?
I haven't fully worked on a moveset but she would use her Gunblade in her attacks and Idk what her Final Smash would be.

I know it is unlikely but it still could be possible... I'd want it to happen and it goes from there.

Art:

Supporters?
S SEGAGameBoy
Dyllybirdy Dyllybirdy
lakshaybaijal lakshaybaijal
silenthunder silenthunder
Gengar84 Gengar84
wizfoot wizfoot

Last edited:

ZagarTulip

Smash Journeyman
I have updated this page with a working image of Lightning as well as a new stock icon that was made by someone on discord

Also, If anyone has ideas for this character, let me know in the comments but try to avoid Final Fantasy XIII spoilers.

SEGAGameBoy

Smash Journeyman
Oh my god! She's my most wanted Final Fantasy character, I'll tell you that! If you have a supporters list, definitely put me on it!

Prince777

REIMU AND KOS-MOS FOR SMASH!
NNID
songokuthegreat
Switch FC
SW-3912-2310-8722
WIth Sephiroth's inclusion, the chances of Lightning's presence has skyrocketed. She's not going to be playable in this game--but I would love to see her playable in the next installment.

She's my favorite Final Fantasy character, and I thought the FF13 trilogy was brilliant and very well executed. I personally find her WAY cooler than Sephy. Not to mention she's more powerful, has more versatility, and is quite literally Cloud's female counterpart.

silenthunder

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
0490-6839-9144
I support. 13 was my first final fantasy game and my first game on the 360. I even had a limited edition FF13 Xbox. Vanille was my first video game wifi though. Sorry wii fit trainer.

Top Bottom