• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Light House Game Nights - Sunday is Race night!

John2k4

The End of an Era
Light House Game Nights!

Credit goes to:

Fuelbi (Created the original OP)
F8AL (Edited the OP and hosting this project)
ZIO (Created the banner + postbits and helped edit the OP)
Me [J2k] (Back to life)

Hey you! You like postbits? Well, you're in luck as we are now introducing Light House game nights! With these you now have the opportunity to win many postbits! You love Team Fortress 2? We got a postbit for it! You love Marvel vs. Capcom 3? We're going to have a postbit for it! And even IF you suck at these games, no biggie bro, we have postbits for even just PLAYING the games. Like to feel important and superior to others? We have a postbit for those who just love to be hosts of the games. Just read on to learn how you can possibly even come close to having these nice things!

The Postbits:

Here's the moment you've been waiting for everyone, because we have a bucketload of postbits:

Criteria: Participate in one LH game night. (Discontinued)

Criteria: Participate in five LH game nights. (Discontinued)

Criteria: Participate in twenty LH game nights.

Criteria: Participate in fifty LH game nights.

Criteria: Host a game during a LH game night. (Discontinued)

Still not good enough for you? Not to worry, we have A LOT more coming to you in store as the project moves along! Aside from these, we also have specific game postbits coming up. Which games we will use? That's for us to know and for you to find out!

The Games:

I've bet you've been killing yourself over what games we've been planning for you, huh? Trust me we have A LOT of games in store for game nights.

**Please keep in mind that these are only suggestions on what you can play!**

360 - Halo 3, Halo: Reach, CoD4, MW2, Black Ops, MvC2 & 3, SF4, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

PS3 - MvC2 & 3, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, Street Fighter IV, Uncharted 2, Resistance 2/3, Killzone 2/3

PC - TF2, Minecraft, flash games (omgpop.com), Left 4 Dead 1/2, Terraria, League of Legends, Starcraft II

Wii - Brawl, Mario Kart Wii

This isn't even the full list of games yet! There's still many more games we have in store for you that we're still deciding on so if you don't like this wide selection of games, no need to worry! Chances are that you'll see more games besides this list being put up in the future. There's a game here for everyone already! Don't like to pay for games? No problem, we have Team Fortress 2 and other flash games (Yes, you heard me, FLASH games!) online for us to play so everybody can be a part of it! Maybe you're an FPS addict and you want to show everyone your MLG skills? No problem either, we have a selection of the most popular shooter games out right here if you want to play.

If you want a game not on the list, suggest it! Chances are there are others who want to play the same game as you do so suggest as many games as possible. You guys decide the games you want for the day. This is a community project and as such you guys should be involved as much as possible! The only limitation to the games that get suggested is that each night is a certain genre night to get some variation. Besides that go knock yourselves out suggesting games! For example, Mondays could be shooter nights, Tuesday can be flash games nights, and so on!

We operate on the EST time zone, so set your clocks and make your plans.

The Hosting:

You'd love to be the leader wouldn't you? Well not to worry because you can host the game for the night if you want! See that people are choosing to do a Call of Duty night and you'd love to organize the entire event? Go ahead and go for it nothing is stopping you! This is for the community so anybody can jump in and take charge for the event! No credentials or prior reputation required!

Now that you guys know what the project entails, go ahead and jump in and impress all your friends with the MLG skills if you want to be competitive like or go ahead and socialize and make new friends if that's what you're looking for. Please check the second post for additional information!

New rule: You have until noon the next day to post any lists, or else it won't count. This will be enforced.

John2k4

The End of an Era
This week's events (July 16th - July 22nd):

Tuesday, July 17th will be co-op night.

Wednesday, July 18th will be a fighter night.

Thursday, July 19th will be a MOBA/RTS night.

Friday, July 20th will be a Shooter night.

Saturday, July 21st will be a free play night.

Sunday, July 22nd will be race night.
Additional information:

For anyone that wants to try out the TF2 server, type this in your browser's address bar:

steam://connect/96.255.3.210:27015

The password is "smaaash".

Join our Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/smashworld (Announcements and event reminders are sent out on a regular basis.)
The Paprika Killer server for Minecraft: To get on TPK's server, you have to get Hamachi (DL the unmanaged version). Once you get Hamachi, open it up and on the "Network" tab press "Join an existing network". Then when it asks you for the network name and password type:

network name: tPK Minecraft 3 (or 4 or 5 or so on if the server is full)
password: Disco Party

Then when TPK turns on his server, just type this IP address in the multiplayer box on Minecraft: 5.33.163.115
John2k4's Minecraft server IP: 72.201.39.201 (No Hamachi needed.) There is a whitelist, so please post your Minecraft name and I'll get you in.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
hopefully everyone likes all that's been done thus far.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
sounds fun! i like the sense of community here haha, though i probably won't have time for these. have fun yall

Gates

Banned via Warnings
AH3 for PS3 please.

Do we really need to have Brawl on here? I mean, the Smash community already has the AiB ladder and the online subforum of SWF for online matchmaking.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Yeah, 3rd Strike would be nice if there are enough people that want it in.

Host Change

Smash Ace
NNID
HostChange
3DS FC
0147-1153-9132
I would be interested in a Bomberman Live night. What do people think of that?

And I'm down for Halo anytime.

D

Deleted member

yay it has begun.
aside from TF2 and Minecraft I really want to play Blockles (on OMGpop) with as many people as possible

EDIIIIT:
Magicka (PC), especially now that versus has been implemented would be hilarious in 4P ffa or 2v2. no clue if many people actually have the game though.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You should wait to do Minecraft until after 1.8 is released. 1.9 will be even better though.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
This sounds great, I'll definitely try to be around for the fighting game night.

D

Deleted member

You should wait to do Minecraft until after 1.8 is released. 1.9 will be even better though.
well the server is up pretty much all the time (im awake) so I don't really care when or how we're going to do "official" nights.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Very nice F8AL :)
Gonna definitely be there for Minecraft/Mario Kart Wii.

S

smash brawl player 99021

I'd participate if the postbits weren't so ugly.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'll be in Brawl and Mario kart Wii since I only have the Wii. But I'll get a mac soon and play TF2. soon.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Well..do we just need to participate at least once without hosting to earn a postbit? How would you know if somebody actually participated? would It require confirmation on Skype/Aim? Conversation?

:phone:

Leaf.

Gets up to speed!
I'm sure that people would just be honest.

BTW I was in that game night that happened a while back, can I get my postbit?

Also we should do some Monster Hunter but for the Wii since it's the only one I have.

D

Deleted member

Well..do we just need to participate at least once without hosting to earn a postbit? How would you know if somebody actually participated? would It require confirmation on Skype/Aim? Conversation?

I'm guessing that's up to the host to take care of.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Yes, I'm guessing whoever is hosting a certain night would have to create a room/tournament or something I guess.

Also, setting up a Skype or IM feature while playing would be nice, I did this while playing MKWii tourneys in the past.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I'd participate if the postbits weren't so ugly.
Gee Icy, nice to know that ugly post bits is the thing that deters you from having fun with the rest of the community

Be happy that F8AL actually did something for the community instead of just blurting out rudely how ugly the post bits are and how you won't participate in the events. At least F8AL isn't like other ****ty mods who just stay there and do **** all day and cared enough to do this for us

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I would play MvC 3, but my friend borrowed it, I got Mortal Kombat from him but I don't wanna pay for the stupid online pass. We should play Castle Crashers though, that's a good game. Soulcalibur 4 is also good.

Edit: @prime, you could just, you know, play for fun.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Good, we don't want your kind here anyways. Go be ungrateful somewhere else, thanks.
I was just giving my honest opinion but then ya had to turn around and be a **** about it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
I was just giving my honest opinion but then ya had to turn around and be a **** about it.
And you could have been nicer too. Heaven forbid that F8AL tries to do something cool/fun/interesting with his room.

Don't like 'em? Then don't participate. Obv.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah, a douchebag honest opinion. Instead of saying that you won't participate solely on the basis that the postbits are ugly, how about you give constructive criticism huh? F8AL didn't NEED to organize this event for us and he's doing it because he wants our community to succeed. Instead of just being a **** about it, how about you read what say first and then look at yourself and realize how much of an ******* you are. F8AL has every right to be a "****" about it because of how much of an ******* you are. F8AL planned this for months beforehand and other people like ZIO worked hard to contribute the postbits you think are ugly. I literally saw F8AL pulling his hairs out trying to get this done and at one point was even about to delay it because he didn't have time to get this going on with the other projects in teh LH and among other things, and you come in all high and mighty on your throne and blatantly insult the work that other people cooperated to make just so ingrates like you can have a good time and make friends

But I guess being polite isn't in your personality so I don't blame you for your lower intelligence

Top Bottom