• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lie & EE Present "It Begins" Tournament

KageMurphy

Smash Master
NOTE: This is a house tournament. While there is plenty of room to work with, please be respectful.

DATE/LOCATION:

February 4th, 2012
300 Natick ct
Silver Spring, MD 20905

Contact Information:

This thread?

FEES:

Venue Fee - $5
Singles Fee - $10
Doubles Fee - $20 ($10/person)

PAYOUTS:

DOUBLES
:

1st: 60%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 10%

SINGLES:

1st: 55%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 10%
4th: 5%
5th: 2.5%

SCHEDULE(subject to minor changes):

11:00 AM: Doubles Signups(limit 1 MK per team)
12:00 PM: Doubles Begin
4:00 PM: Doubles Ends/Intermission.
4:30 PM: Singles Signups
5:00 PM: Singles Begin

Stage List:

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks:
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

BRING SET UPS, LETS TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE SPACE!

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Jose, you can car pool and bring 3 or 4 right there not including yourself(VA has lacked a reliable driver for almost all of 2011), this can easily hit 20 to 25 plus. Lets start 2012 off right. This is also one of the most neutral spots in MD to get to so a lot of those players should show up as well.

:017:

kraftydevil

Smash Cadet
Here comes a new challenger

I'm ready for a challenge...it's been a while since I've been on the tourney scene but I'm looking for regular meetups in the MD/DC/VA area. I'll bring my usual sparring partner (we're getting stale) as my teammate.

We're pretty good but I'm sure you've heard that a million times :D I expect to be terrible at doubles and decent at singles and I wanna learn all your tricks.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
how many people actually planning on coming to this??? if this has tje attendance of a chudat biweekly then there is no point in going.....
Being optimistic:

EEvisu
Korn
Boss
Esoj
Luckay
Lie
deez
sin?
gimr
aposl
logic
junebug?
Omni
Coney?
Bio
Speed?
SSR
Tant?

Guy who just posted and his partner

There's no other brawl event on this date so that's 20 possible people right there. Add a few randoms maybe PA? This can be a good turnout, we ain't dead yet.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Gotta include a 25% flake rate.

:phone:
Which needs to stop, like I swear it mainly happens because someone is like; "well I don't think such and such is going so I'm not going to bother going because a lot of people won't be there" when in reality everyone should just attend if their able and every event can have a damn good turn out. This needs to happen to keep smash alive in this region, so for a change everyone who's on the fence or anything of the sort just attend and lets see what happens, drivers get your carpools together to help with your gas and get people here. I know we can still pull 20+ people, start spreading the event.

Also, what do u guys think about a 1 MK per team rule?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Which needs to stop, like I swear it mainly happens because someone is like; "well I don't think such and such is going so I'm not going to bother going because a lot of people won't be there" when in reality everyone should just attend if their able and every event can have a damn good turn out. This needs to happen to keep smash alive in this region, so for a change everyone who's on the fence or anything of the sort just attend and lets see what happens, drivers get your carpools together to help with your gas and get people here. I know we can still pull 20+ people, start spreading the event.

Agreed.

1 MK per team rule sounds awesome.

That stagelist definitely needs to be condensed. /wouldtakeoutcastlesiegeanddelphino

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR

this is very true

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'm really liking the fact that u guys removed Brinstar/RC from the stagelist. I hope more regions do this more often.

/arandom's2cents

Also can anyone give me a ride

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
a couple of things:

is mk banned for singles???

i agree 1 mk per team sounds like a great idea

the stage list seems good

i am most likely going and im sure like always ill b bringing people with me..

on top of that, u all suck and i rule.... XD

XLR8TION

Smash Ace
NNID
XLR8TION
3DS FC
4399-0465-6002
a couple of things:

is mk banned for singles???

i agree 1 mk per team sounds like a great idea

the stage list seems good

i am most likely going and im sure like always ill b bringing people with me..

on top of that, u all suck and i rule.... XD
Judging from the stage list, it looks like EE is using the apex ruleset(I guess) and that has mk legal. But who knows....other than EE :L.

and I gotta try to make it to this.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
So you're gonna travel thousands of miles to pot fill when you could do it in your own backyard? I'm disappoint Anthony lololol jk, good luck to you and GIMR.

This still gonna be hype.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Agreed.

1 MK per team rule sounds awesome.

That stagelist definitely needs to be condensed. /wouldtakeoutcastlesiegeanddelphino
There is nothing wrong with those stages. Only stages that should be removed are Rc and Brinstar. I see nothing wrong with Delfino, Cs, Halberd, or even Ps2. If your character can't deal with sharking then that's their fault. Don't challenge sharking if your character can't handle the pressure. I'll just spike or shine :bee:.
So you're gonna travel thousands of miles to pot fill when you could do it in your own backyard? I'm disappoint Anthony lololol jk, good luck to you and GIMR.

This still gonna be hype.

LOL.

I'm gonna see Caitie this weekend. If I get a good partner then I'll have her come up here and we could go to the tourney.

Anyone? Would like to team with Logic, but he's going to Canada. Omni/June/Lie?

And could someone bring Melee to this event? I wanna practice my :sheikmelee:, :marthmelee:, and :drmario:.

:018:

Pings

Smash Rookie
I need a little bit more info about the event. Like what time it is lol?

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I'm gonna see Caitie this weekend. If I get a good partner then I'll have her come up here and we could go to the tourney.

Anyone? Would like to team with Logic, but he's going to Canada. Omni/June/Lie?

And could someone bring Melee to this event? I wanna practice my :sheikmelee:, :marthmelee:, and :drmario:.

:018:
Team with Omni, that be tight.

And as singles near its end just pop in a copy of Melee, that should be fine.
I'll come as long as I can find a ride.

Maybe you can post where you live? Lol.
I need a little bit more info about the event. Like what time it is lol?
If you look at the info at the top the schedule is there, doubles sign ups begin at 11am

BMC

Smash Cadet
BMC, you should totally find a ride, and we could partner.

Take a bus if you can't find a ride? This will be a good time.
I really do want to come. I'm trying to find a ride. Hopefully, something works out. If I find a ride, I'd like to team with you. :)

Didn't we do a ladder match? I'm BCM on Aib.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
yes we did

I use mk in teams though not rob yet i'm not back in my rob groove enough to use him for doubles. If you find a way here, you've got a partner. Maybe try to generate a delaware carpool? I know people play smash there.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Just saw this thread and... I only see a stagelist.

What is the LGL (If there is one... Which there better be)? And who wins if there's a Kirbycide (along with other suicides) last stock, the suicider wins or a 1-stock 3 minute runback?

Top Bottom