• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LI Presents (In Brooklyn) : The Search for Knightmare516! At Kings Games

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Wassup Guys. PD here bringing you a tournament that will hopefully make the NY scene a little more active. Pane has managed to secure us a REALLY great venue this time around, and I hope people from all around will come down to this!

1685 East 15th Street
(Corner of Kings Highway)
Brooklyn, NY 11229

The Venue:

This venue is really great. Anyone who has played card games or anything at Kings Games knows that the venue is great. 2 floors, both decently sized. The venue has also told us that they would hook us up with LIVESTREAM and SETUPS.

Here's their website if you're curious for more info.

Pricing:

Venue Fee - $10
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $20 per team ($10 per person)
Random Teams - $5 per person

Schedule:

The venue's hours are 10 AM until 12 AM, and the venue owner has told us that we have the venue for the WHOLE day. The times are tentative, but the schedule will be Brawl Doubles, followed by Brawl Singles, and then Random Teams. I'll update this later when I know more.

Payouts:
Singles:

1st 45%
2nd 30%
3rd 15%
4th 5%

Doubles:

1st 50%
2nd 30%
3rd 20%

Random Teams (players get random teammates):

TBD

Brawl Ruleset:

- 3 Stock
- 8 min. time limit
- Ledge grab limit: 40
- No Items
- Double Elimination
- All standing and walking infinites are banned except for ICs
- Mk's Infinite cape is BANNED
- DSR: You cannot counterpick the same stage you won on in a set unless the opponent agrees on it.
- First round consists of all characters being chosen by a blind pick. (Disputes settled by Rock-Paper-Scissors). The first stage will then be determined by a stage strike method. Players take turn striking out neutral stages until only one stage remains, which is the stage that is played. After the first match is over, each player bans one stage that can not be used in counterpicks.
- If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
- If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD, the person who initiated the attack wins. IF the victory is shown that the person who was swallowed won, then the win goes to them bc they broke out of the swallow, whether the player's realized it or not.
- If there is a dispute over controller ports then the two will rock paper scissors (best of 3) to determine who will be in which port.
- Each set is Best of 3. Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals are all Best of 5.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

STAGES:

Neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Smashville
Lylat

Counter Picks:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

AiB Link:

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11627

Please click "I am attending this tournament"

I'll give you guys more info later, just trying to get this thread up. Hype!

ch33s3

Smash Lord
This venue is the hugest pain in the *** to get to of any NYC venue, except the BX venues.

That being said, I see no reason why I wouldn't be here, and also no reason why this won't get like 100 people.

Tony T

Smash Ace
um Punishment Divine may I be able to help out as a co-host with you for this event I already had a tournament thread up for this already on AIB and I can make a few changes to it if you want (EX title whatever) because the owner you talked to told me to ask you because I lack the exp on hosting tournaments plus 45 other people are coming so far. http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=11222

please let me know so I can make the changes today.

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
^punishment divine is a co-host dude , and i already have enough of them , thank you but I'm sure Vinnie , PD , Will , and myself should be enough to run the tournament .

Tony T

Smash Ace
^punishment divine is a co-host dude , and i already have enough of them , thank you but I'm sure Vinnie , PD , Will , and myself should be enough to run the tournament .
Ok one question how did you find out about kings games other than my threads?

Also Make a AIB thread as soon as possible so I can delete mine and transfer the attendees to your thread.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Ok one question how did you find out about kings games other than my threads?

Also Make a AIB thread as soon as possible so I can delete mine and transfer the attendees to your thread.
Pane plays Magic, and was there one day and asked iirc.

I'll get more hype for this when all the details are closed and I have more time. I'll make that AiB page now and add it to the OP.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Ha ha, random teams. This might be the first NY tourney I attend for over a year and a half.

I was gonna do a tourney on this date, should have announced it sooner! But since I didn't announce it yet I'll change the date and come to this.

big bad wolf

Smash Journeyman
Ha ha, random teams. This might be the first NY tourney I attend for over a year and a half.

I was gonna do a tourney on this date, should have announced it sooner! But since I didn't announce it yet I'll change the date and come to this.
good to hear!!! random teams will be amazing

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
PD/Tony T

Can you please bump this up just 1 week? (June 11)

If so, Limit and I will be able to come.

M4ge

Smash Journeyman
I want to play this game again, so I'll probably be there.

Top Bottom