• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[LGJC] Ledge-Grab Jump Cancelling and you!

DHD

Smash Cadet
I found this by accident and learned to do it a while later. (Maybe it exists already?) It took me a while to figure out, since I've only been able to do it on this stage so far. (please tell me if you find other stages it works on)

What you do is basically just hold backwards until you're in position, forward jump and hold backwards until you're close enough to Ledge-grab cancel your jump and then you let go of the D-Stick to grab the ledge.

If you find any cool uses for this, please share ^^

I'd say this is medium difficulty, about as difficult as Wavebouncing.

Last edited:

GMaster171

Smash Ace
That's caused by you bonking the stage in such a way that it leaves you close enough to the ledge to grab it.

Unfortunately not very useful outside of this one stage.

DHD

Smash Cadet
That's caused by you bonking the stage in such a way that it leaves you close enough to the ledge to grab it.

Unfortunately not very useful outside of this one stage.
I don't get the ceiling hit though; you have to be further out from the stage to do it. (not very far, but far enough to not hit it)

GMaster171

Smash Ace
Went and tried it out again, it's definitely caused by bonking the stage. Its a combination of the stage being incredibly thin and the fact that on frame 1 of hitting the stage, your "falling" ledge grab box appears, which just so happens to be large enough to snag the ledge on the same frame. If you're too deep the box wont touch the ledge and you'll just bonk, if you're too far you don't bonk at all.

DHD

Smash Cadet
I'm not going to pretend I'm some hitbox genius. I'll take your word for it.
I just really wish this had more uses xD

Top Bottom