• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Levelling Up Shulk's Arts - Custom Moveset Discussion 3.0

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Don't do MAS. Just use Reg. AS for those purposes. MAS has a greater advantage on-hit, but you'll never hit it.
I understand the range on both hits of MAS aren't good, but using the first or the second hit more preferrably for the case you're protecting yourself from projectiles wouldn't be a bad idea. 7 damage > 6, and 10 damage > 8 or 5.5 always.

Back when I tested N-air for Maple's thread about what projectiles get nullified from its Blade & Beam hitboxes, the difference was massive and that's only 1% of a difference. Monado arts add onto that. 10% vs 5.5% or 8% is far more different of a gap and is worth testing, which I'll do.

Last edited:

Scieric

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Player93
3DS FC
3325-4653-4007
So you're talking about destroying the projectile with your UpB? I would think that you'd just recover low underneath the projectile.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
When talking about projectiles, I just skipped to mentioning about the Aura Sphere variants because those get so large that they can hit you even if you recover low, especially if it's regular Aura Sphere. Mega Man's fullcharged F-smash is also a threat but you can't even challenge its transcendent priority.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Bump, because now that I played some Custom Doubles at the local GameKatz, I know now that I would definitely prefer a 2322 or 2323 set for Doubles.

Aside from that, I thought of something else in mind that MAS could provide for having some utility use in Doubles, and that reason is: saving lives. A Jump art involved makes it so much better, but when I talked about some of the Doubles strategy A-A-RON & I used with Shulk & Diddy, I mentioned about AS being a lifesaver tool in case he wanted to go balls deep for an edge-guard he could confirm since Air Slash's sweetspot knockback angle is 88° or something like that. This is why I chose to use Decisive arts with regular Air Slash because Advancing Air Slash would of hurt my partner more than helping, but AAS would have been better to use offensively for bullying the opponents. I suppose at that point, it comes down to preference and just how much team-play you'd consider with the set, but for me I'd rather save my partner if I can than always trying to Uair him with the chance of KO'ing or putting him in a bad spot airborne when he's getting back down to the floor.

So about MAS, the range reduction is of course glaring, but if the height the partner's launched is much higher and more favorable for lifesaving, MAS to me could have some utility use in Doubles like I said earlier. Thoughts? Otherwise, I'll test this with Mario getting launched & I'll report back what I find.

EDIT: I forgot about this, but if you're on-point with team-play, your partner could throw them upward or diagonally up & towards you with a throw, while we let loose the ceiling KO that MAS would net ridiculously early. Just a regular Smash art Mighty Air Slash from a throw followup would be fantastic but not sure about any Jump art because you simply go too high with the startup sweetspot. For a Jump art Mighty Air Slash, I'd think to use a high Uthrow launch with the rising sourspot so that you can scoop them up more favorably & finish their stock with the strong second hit.
----
EDIT#2: Unfortunately, the results were neither exciting nor helpful. Even when using Rage effect & with or without a Jump art for the grounded & airborne sweetspots for AS and MAS, both launched Diddy up around the same height. Although, MAS did slightly do better at 0% airborne, but the difference for this particular test was minimal & thus not worth the set's use for saving lives in terms of Doubles. Overall, it's better to use AS for saving lives because the range is greater & you can freely drift forward or backward while delaying it. MAS may travel higher allowing you to use it much deeper, MAS' hitbox underneath Shulk is lacking on top of the attack range being poor & lack of drifting ability.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I secondary Lucario and I can place my Spheres in unfavorable places for Shulk. Me and Eric kinda stumbled on that in the MatchUp but I think AAS works better against any Aura Sphere variant than AS since the second slash snaps the ledge quicker and deals more damage when it comes down to challenging a Sphere variant.

EDIT#2: Actually, for Aura Sphere and Piercing Aura Sphere, MAS could perform better than AAS because the move's first and second hit deal more damage when we're recovering accordingly. Something to think about I suppose.
Yup, I finally got around to doing this. This quoted message was the inspiration to this post's information I recently found about comparing the Air Slash variants using Vanilla & the Buster arts. I hope that I raise some eyebrows and justify MAS' existence, maybe. . .

This test was done to find & know two things: One, how formidable Aura Sphere is, & Two, at what percentages roughly we should challenge it should we find it difficult to avoid altogether while recovering low with an Air Slash variant. I know it's a bit unnecessary showing the regular arts & regular Air Slash, but this is for a comparison plus we could use custom arts with regular Air Slash or regular arts with custom Air Slashes. Have some numbers:

Training Mode Test
Disclaimer: This is Training Mode, so stocks scaling from Aura is nullified. There is also no Rage effect in Training Mode.

Stage: It doesn't matter, as long as the conditions are met. I used a custom stage with huge walls having some helpful measurements so that I knew when to drop from ledge & time using my Air Slash variant's second hit to challenge Aura Sphere.

Note: These numbers are when the Air Slash variant starts losing, so if you look down & see AS1 Vanilla losing at 44%, that means you were winning from 0 - 43%, but you start losing from 44% & onward. Also know that AS1 means the first hit of Air Slash, & AS2 means the second hit of Air Slash. Moving on.

Here are the base damages for Shulk's Air Slash variants including the Buster art multipliers for something to keep in mind:
Vanilla AS1 / AAS1 sweetspot: 6%
Buster AS1 / AAS1 sweetspot: 8.4%
DBuster AS1 / AAS1 sweetspot: 9.24%
HBuster AS1 / AAS1 sweetspot: 10.08%

Vanilla AS2: 5.5%
Buster AS2: 7.7%
DBuster AS2: 8.47%
HBuster AS2: 9.24%

Vanilla AAS2: 8%
Buster AAS2: 11.2%
DBuster AAS2: 12.32%
HBuster AAS2: 13.44%

Vanilla MAS1 sweetspot: 9%
Buster MAS1 sweetspot: 12.6%
DBuster MAS1 sweetspot: 13.86%
HBuster MAS1 sweetspot: 15.12%

Vanilla MAS2: 10%
Buster MAS2: 14%
DBuster MAS2: 15.4%
HBuster MAS2: 16.8%

Air Slash variant | Vanilla | Buster | Decisive Buster | Hyper Buster
Losing AS1 | 44% Lucario AS | 72% Lucario AS | 80% Lucario AS | 89% Lucario AS
Losing AS2 near the ledge | 38% Lucario AS | 64% Lucario AS | 73% Lucario AS | 80% Lucario AS
Losing AAS2 near the ledge | 68% Lucario AS | 100% Lucario AS | 111% Lucario AS | 122% Lucario AS
Losing MAS1 | 78% Lucario AS | 114% Lucario AS | 126% Lucario AS | 139% Lucario AS
Losing MAS2 near the ledge | 88% Lucario AS | 128% Lucario AS | 142% Lucario AS | 155% Lucario AS
"Why didn't you test AAS1?" Because AAS1 & AS1 deal the exact same damage having different knockback angles. So to me, there's no need to test the difference since the only thing that matters about AAS is AAS2.

And I just wanna say this. You guys know that Samus' Charge Shot fully charged deals 24% & is formidable? Well guess what, HBuster MAS2 DESTROYS IT. Yes, DESTROYS. HBuster AAS2 does not destroy it. . .& that one is safer.

And finally, you guys know about that sound the Aura Sphere makes when it's charging at very high percentages? That's basically the sound of death & that you will probably die to it, unless you can avoid it, but can you? HBuster MAS2 can destroy it until 155%, or if you're rolling Decisive arts & have Decisive Buster active using MAS, your second hit destroys an Aura Sphere until it reaches 142%. 139% is when you start hearing this deadly sound in Training Mode. How ironic that HBuster MAS1 starts losing to a 139% Lucario Aura Sphere. . .:shades:

Last edited:

Grexin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Grexin
3DS FC
0404-8856-1751
Jab locks with Hyper Buster can get extremely crazy and I just love this character and customs soo much and hope this thread keeps being discussed it as customs are love, customs are life and never wanna see the beauty that is custom Shulk die out.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Hyper Buster locks are definitely insane, but then I just tell myself, "6 seconds" & I'm not too interested about the idea of HBuster locking unless you got super high amounts of damage from it, which is two good moves I suppose.

Anyway, can we talk about the buff we got from the 1.1.1 Custom Special buff found here?

Character | Last (PST) | Changes
:4shulk: Shulk | Wed 01:31 |
  • Dash Vision (D-Special 2)
    • Hitbox angle altered 35° → 32°
    • Growth increased 84/94 → 89/99 (alt attack options)
Now refresh yourself by taking a look at Vision's frame data found here. Vision has a 50° knockback angle, a KBG value of 84 regular & 94 for the Forwarded. Compared to Dash Vision, it's not "wow!" or anything, but the slight buff to Dash Vision means we have a slightly buffed Vision variant move to use for matchups you couldn't use either Vision or PVision.

But seriously, I thought about the matches I played at the local tournament I went to Sunday & now think to myself, "man, if this patch would of came a week early, I would have used a XXX2 set so much more." And remember, the slight increase of KBG may feel meh, but next time, think about the difference when your Smash art is active with or without Rage effect. . .

Last edited:

Grexin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Grexin
3DS FC
0404-8856-1751
MALLCing Fair or Bair into Hyper Buster into a locking move such as f-tilt you can gain tons of damage

Grexin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Grexin
3DS FC
0404-8856-1751
Hyper Buster is love,
Hyper Buster is life.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Dash Vision already had no issues killing. Now it is even better at that with an even lower angle and a significant KBG buff. This is great.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Unfortunately the local place that hosts Smash WiiU tournaments no longer allows custom specials, so the drive to keep up with praising our customs is lacking I must admit. However, I'm still in the game & am open to the idea of using custom specials.

Anymore discussion about sets to use? We had a lot of good discussion going on the last page.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
. . .

So it doesn't seem plausible to declare more Dash Vision in our sets, but truthfully Power Vision doesn't deserve to be in eight sets while Dash Vision only gets to be in two sets. There's plenty of discussion & reasons that went along with why Power Vision is flawed in a good spread of MatchUps, & frankly the opportunity to use Power Vision in a dire moment but then losing it only leads to having to wait on PVision recharging its counter window. Using it at least twice in less than 10 seconds is killing the move's usage whereas Dash Vision recharges at a faster rate & continues to be useful at all times.

I'd like to say something about BSL & BSC, but the frame data buff to BS's startup is just too good to pass up. BSL was basically left behind, unfortunately. This leaves just BSC to be used for something.

Custom arts & Custom Air Slashes seem to be planned out & decided upon for the most part. Basically half want AS & half want AAS while almost no one wants MAS. I personally would be down for one set to have MAS just to have a scrooging Air Slash option that also punishes up close super hard, but that's just me.

So. My finalized sets:
0): Default
1): 1113
2): 1123
3): 1132
4): 2123
5): 2122
6): 2322
7): 3113
8): 3123
9): 3112
-----------------
10): shoutouts to my favorite set 2222 OR 1213

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
1132? Naw.
Have you considered scrooging with Shulk lately? MAS +Jump or HJump has the ultimate scrooging usage even without Uair for sharking on most legal stages. The point to scrooging with AS / AAS / MAS is that you get from ledge to ledge without using the move's hitbox, so the hitbox size of AS & AAS isn't factored nor does it need to be. MAS allows deep recoveries after characters we can only dream of edge-guarding on top of possessing potential to challenge moves that the other Air Slash variants struggle to face.

The majority of Shulk players may not even bat an eye to MAS, but I see usage for it. Others do too. Out of Shulk's customs to decide on what sets we may permanently use for another long-term period of time, it's not that bad of an idea to allow MAS in one set.

Last edited:

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
. . .

So it doesn't seem plausible to declare more Dash Vision in our sets, but truthfully Power Vision doesn't deserve to be in eight sets while Dash Vision only gets to be in two sets. There's plenty of discussion & reasons that went along with why Power Vision is flawed in a good spread of MatchUps, & frankly the opportunity to use Power Vision in a dire moment but then losing it only leads to having to wait on PVision recharging its counter window. Using it at least twice in less than 10 seconds is killing the move's usage whereas Dash Vision recharges at a faster rate & continues to be useful at all times.

I'd like to say something about BSL & BSC, but the frame data buff to BS's startup is just too good to pass up. BSL was basically left behind, unfortunately. This leaves just BSC to be used for something.

Custom arts & Custom Air Slashes seem to be planned out & decided upon for the most part. Basically half want AS & half want AAS while almost no one wants MAS. I personally would be down for one set to have MAS just to have a scrooging Air Slash option that also punishes up close super hard, but that's just me.

So. My finalized sets:
0): Default
1): 1113
2): 1123
3): 1132
4): 2123
5): 2122
6): 2322
7): 3113
8): 3123
9): 3112
-----------------
10): shoutouts to my favorite set 2222 OR 1213
Hmm, so I'm just going to compare this with my own idea of the sets to make it easier for me to understand.
0) Default
1) 1113
2) 1123
3) 1122
4) 2123
5) 2122
6) 3113
7) 3123
8) 3122
-
9) 2112
10) 2322
My list is in dark green, yours is compared in light green

1) 1113 ->
2) 1123 ->
3) 1122 -> 1132
4) 2123 ->
5) 2122 ->
6) 3113 ->
7) 3123 ->
8) 3122 -> 3112
-
9) 2112 -> 2222 or 1213
10) 2322 ->

Anyways, I will begin by stating I agree that regular back slash has more general use than back slash leap. However, back slash leap does have advantages. It falls much faster, making it more of a surprise when used while above, and it goes higher, which can be useful for opponents who are in that position or characters that like to go there often. I also suppose the lack of horizontal movement makes it not whiff on people who are too close. Unfortunately, there are limitations to this project, which means we cannot make Back Slash Leap easily available for use in the MU's where it would be useful. The general consensus appears to be that regular back slash is the less niche of the two moves, so it receives priority. It is possible for us to include 1 set which has back slash leap, but it must then be paired with other custom moves like hyper arts rather than regular arts, which would ultimately make more of an impact on the player's performance than the back slash custom. This is why there is a need for the final 2 slots to be left open for 3ds import.

Moving on, the main source of debate now appears to be Regular Air Slash vs Advancing Air Slash. Also whether we should have mighty air slash or not. I think this group of customs needs to be re-discussed.

Scieric

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Player93
3DS FC
3325-4653-4007
I honestly think our 10 sets should be
1. 1113
2. 1123
3. 1122
4. 2123
5. 2122
6. 2112
7. 3113
8. 3123
9. 3122
10. 2322
Really, that 10th set is the anti-meta/doubles set.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I agree with 1113 because it's for the player who knows nothing about Shulk's customs but can use PVision well as long as they're tame with their Down B usage in general.

I agree with 1123 because it's for the player who enjoys AAS over AS while still relying on PVision.

I agree with 1122 because it's the off-set change from 1123 since DVision is better suited for projectiles or fast frame moves with low endlag. For me though, I agree for 1132 because it's something new & interesting to consider for my recent game-play changes, so I guess this is a selfish suggestion but in fairness for MAS, you have DVision to punish moves from a distance for the lack of range MAS has.

I agree with 2123 because it appeals to Decisive art users who also enjoy AAS in combination, especially DShield, but it's mostly because AAS has good synergy with all 5 Decisive arts like AS does. PVision is just there to be the filler Down B rather than using regular Vision.

I agree with 2122 because reasons said for 1122 & for the Decisive art players who are fond of the custom arts.

I agree with 3113 because KO potential becomes maximized for 6 seconds if desired. Hyper Jump augments AS so high, Hyper Speed massively increases the horizontal drift speed of AS, Hyper Shield becomes godlike stock tanking that can be deactivated anyway, and Hyper Buster & Smash are self-explanatory.

I agree with 3123 because reasons said for 1123 but using Hyper arts to blend the playstyle into something more momentum-based with stage control in possession.

I agree with 3122, 3112, or 3132 because a DVision feels necessary for countering the projectiles or fast frame options with low endlag, but blending Hyper arts to capitalize off those singles moments much larger. The AS of choice is what helps define the set but that could just come down to preference to the player.

I don't know what to think about 2112, 2222, or 1213 honestly. I just like 2222 back then. It's just that I don't know or feel the same way as I do now but I still enjoy using 2222.

I agree with 2322 to the max. Anti-meta / Doubles is this set's way.

Grexin

Smash Cadet
NNID
Grexin
3DS FC
0404-8856-1751
I agree that we need more Dash Vision in our sets.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Just gonna do this real fast for a decent showing of info in table format:

Disclaimer: This is not 100% correct. Do not quote me on this. I didn't include DArts HArts DVision & PVision because reasons.
Attacks | Hitbox Active | Base Dmg. (+SD) | Angle | BKB/WBKB | KBG
Back Slash Leap (Startup) | 29- | 6/4/12/11 (+7) | 361/361/140/140 | 30 | 100
Back Slash Leap (Falling) | | 10/9/16/14 (+7) | 361/361/140/140 | 30 | 100
Back Slash Leap (Landing) | 1-4 | 10/8/18/16 (+10) | 361/361/140/140 | 25 | 100
Back Slash Charge (Startup) | 31- (Super Armor:1-30) | 6/4/15/13 (+7) | 361/361/140/140 | 25/25/30/30 | 100
Back Slash Charge (Falling) | | 4/3.5/11/9 (+7) | 361/361/140/140 | 25/25/30/30 | 100
Back Slash Charge (Landing 1) | 1-2 | 6/4.5/14/12 (+10) | 361/361/140/140 | 22/22/25/25 | 100
Back Slash Charge (Landing 2) | 3-4 | 4/3/7/6 (+10) | 361/361/140/140 | 22/22/25/25 | 100
Advancing Air Slash (Hit 1, Early) | 10-11 | 6 | 60/60/60 | W:120/100/90 | 100
Advancing Air Slash (Hit 1) | 12-14 | 5 | 55/55 | W:80/78 | 100
Advancing Air Slash (Hit 1, Late) | 15-17 | 5 | 45 | W:43 | 100
Advancing Air Slash (Hit 2) | 11-12 | 8 | 48 | 35 | 130
Mighty Air Slash (Hit 1, Early) | 10-11 | 9 | 78/91 | W:140/135 | 100
Mighty Air Slash (Hit 1) | 12-14 | 7 | 80 | W:100 | 100
Mighty Air Slash (Hit 1, Late) | 15 | 7 | 52 | W:80 | 100
Mighty Air Slash (Hit 2) | 15-16 | 10 | 80 | 55 | 80
Dash Vision (Attack) | | 8/5 (1.0x) | 32 | 70 | 89
Dash Vision (Forwarded Attack) | | 11/8 (1.0x) | 32 | 70 | 99
Power Vision (Attack) | | 17/14 (1.5x) | 50 | 70 | 100
Power Vision (Forwarded Attack) | | 20/17 (1.5x) | 50 | 70 | 100

BONUS
Chain Attack (Hit 1) | 20-22 | 3 | 80 | W:200 | 100
Chain Attack (Hit 2-12) | | 2%x10, 12 | 361 | W:1 | 80
Chain Attack(Hit 13) | | 5 | 361 | 105 | 180
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
But yeah, with the recent buff to DVision it should be on more of our sets. Even before the DVision buff I felt it should be on at least 5 out of our 10 sets. Regular Vision isn't in our current pre-sets, but the sets we're deciding upon now shouldn't have a single set using Regular Vision at this point.
═════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
So I was messing around with Training Mode comparing the knockback power between Monado Smash & Decisive Smash. Mario was placed at the center of Omega Gaur Plains & hit by our Final Smash, Chain Attack. Mario set to Control meaning no DI was involved. Monado Smash Chain Attack kills Mario at 28% with the Deadly Blow effect appearing. Decisive Smash Chain Attack kills Mario at 6% with the Deadly Blow effect appearing. Wow. If Hyper Smash's duration lasted just a bit longer, then I'd be able to witness Hyper Smash Chain Attack become a OHKO without question.
EDIT: More messing around. Tested it on Mario by using his Jab1 to activate the counterattack, comparing kill percentages between Vision & DVision. So Jab dealing 2.5% means that Vision applies 10% for the regular counter & 13% for the Forwarded Vision. For DVision, the damage is applied thus becomes 8% for the Regular & 11% for the Forwarded counter.

Center
Regular Vision kills Mario from the center at 176% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision kills Mario from the center at 157% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Forwarded Vision kills Mario from the center at 118% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Forwarded DVision kills Mario from the center at 101% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Ledge
Regular Vision near the ledge kills Mario at 119% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision near the ledge kills Mario at 101% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Forwarded Vision near the ledge kills Mario at 78% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Forwarded DVision near the ledge kills Mario at 63% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.
Now I'll use Mario's Ftilt to activate the counterattack. It dealing 7% means that Vision & DVision take on this move's damage & applies their respective multiplier. For Regular Vision & Forwarded Vision, 7% x 1.3 = 9.1%. For Regular DVision & Forwarded DVision, 7% x 1.0 = 7%.

Center
Regular Vision kills Mario from the center at 196% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision kills Mario from the center at 180% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Forwarded Vision kills Mario from the center at 165% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision kills Mario from the center at 151% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Ledge
Regular Vision near the ledge kills Mario at 135% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision near the ledge kills Mario at 123% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Forwarded Vision near the ledge kills Mario at 114% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Forwarded DVision near the ledge kills Mario at 99% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.
Now I'll use Mario Up smash to activate the counterattack. It dealing 14% means that Vision & DVision take on this move's damage & applies their respective multiplier. For Regular Vision, 14% x 1.3 = 18.2%. For DVIsion, 14% x 1.0 = 14%.

Center
Regular Vision kills Mario from the center at 92% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision kills Mario from the center at 89% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Forwarded Vision kills Mario from the center at 79% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision kills Mario from the center at 77% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Ledge
Regular Vision near the ledge kills Mario at 61% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision near the ledge kills Mario at 57% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Forwarded Vision near the ledge kills Mario at 53% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Forwarded DVision near the ledge kills Mario at 49% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.
Now I'll use Mario Forward smash sweetspotted to activate the counterattack. It dealing 17% means that Vision & DVision take on this move's damage & applies their respective multiplier. For Regular & Forwarded Vision, 17 x 1.3 = 22.1%. For DVision & Forwarded DVision, 17 x 1.0 = 17%.

Center
Regular Vision kills Mario from the center at 71% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision kills Mario from the center at 71% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Forwarded Vision kills Mario from the center at 59% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision kills Mario from the center at 59% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Ledge
Regular Vision near the ledge kills Mario at 43% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision near the ledge kills Mario at 41% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Forwarded Vision near the ledge kills Mario at 39% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Forwarded DVision near the ledge kills Mario at 38% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.
BONUS: Forward smash fully charged sweetspot deals ~23%.

Center
Regular Vision kills Mario from the center at 37% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision kills Mario from the center at 41% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Forwarded Vision kills Mario from the center at 29% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision kills Mario from the center at 32% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Ledge
Regular Vision near the ledge kills Mario at 16% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Regular DVision near the ledge kills Mario at 19% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Forwarded Vision near the ledge kills Mario at 15% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect. Forwarded DVision near the ledge kills Mario at 17% without DI showing the Deadly Blow effect.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Double Posting because lack of activity. I'm likely going to a tournament a few hours from my usual area in a few weeks from now, & customs are legal, so now my spark of interest is lit again.

I sound like a broken record but a quick rundown of my opinion:
  • All art variants are viable
  • BS is viable, while BSL & BSC are niche & can be in at least one set (7 - 8 for BS, 1 - 2 for BSL & 1 BSC)
  • AS & AAS are viable, but MAS is very lacking. However, I think MAS can be a staple for one set as long as it's paired with Monado arts or Hyper Monado arts. I feel that Decisive Monado arts are too restrictive for MAS unless you're using DJump DSpeed or DBuster to an extent, so I feel MAS should be paired with the flexible arts that can cycle & deactivate at will.
  • All Vision variants are viable, but given the pros & cons of DVision & PVision, we don't need Vision in any sets. Maybe just one I suppose.
MAS basically is best used with a Jump art for quick rundown reasons:
  • You have to mash the move to get the best horizontal & vertical distance. Speed would be fine for this, but using the stronger DSpeed or HSpeed art reduces the vertical height which is a no-no regardless of the increased horizontal distance.
  • MAS possesses the least horizontal distance of the AS variants, so by design the move favors only the Jump arts when it comes to recovering as safely as possible.
  • Vertical recovery height is super good!
However, here's where MAS with a Jump art is also flawed:
  • Your hitbox isn't increased other than besides the fact that your hitbox upon the first rising hit travels vertically faster. In fact, MAS' hitbox is the weakest vertically & horizontally in terms of frame data.
  • The lack of range & the weak amount of drifting influence to the move makes it easy for opponents to DI behind you whenever you go for a scooping finisher. This can result in you whiffing the second strong hit that you really need, & having practically no drifting presence leaves you wide open to a punish from mid-air or landing.
  • If your opponent isn't a floaty lightweight & you have no Rage accumulated, your MAS depending on which Jump art is active probably won't string correctly. This requires a good amount of time labbing to figure out exactly what is optimal against what characters. Using a stronger art like DJump or HJump could make your MAS travel too high to connect the second hit even if you land the sweetspot first hit.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
After coming back from Hype! Train 5 yesterday, I'm absolutely convinced of at least one thing: The 2122 set is glorious. Whether it's for Doubles or Singles, it served me well. Normally, I used to be fond of 2222, but the bigger stagelist made it more difficult to rely on BSL, so I stuck with regular BS for more consistency. Decisive arts in combination with AAS shined so well for me, that I blew some minds when I was recovering with Decisive Speed AAS or Decisive Shield AAS. Intentionally waiting by delaying the second hit of AAS in order to recover much greater horizontally was basically the reason I was surviving up to the ~220% range with DShield's AAS, or recovering from the magnifying glass blast line with DSpeed's AAS. And DVision ofc is so good that I didn't need to rely on PVision at all.

2122 is great. AAS is great. DVision is great. Man I love that Shulk has good custom specials.:shades: Getting a great placement with just 2122 because we were allowed to upload a different set if desired made all the difference. 2123 is only good for close-quarter moments & if the opponent doesn't have fast-frame-low-endlag options or any projectiles. DVision made Villager think twice about using a projectile unsafely & that feels great.

EDIT: Remember, the key importance about Decisive arts is that they improve Shulk's Neutral game while sacrificing adaptation to the Advantage or Disadvantage. However, maintaining better Neutral game means you won't have to adapt as much to the Advantage or Disadvantage depending on the art you choose to stay in for 20 seconds.

Last edited:

Scieric

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Player93
3DS FC
3325-4653-4007
I don't care about an improved neutral if I can get out of a disadvantage in a pinch. Just saying

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I don't care about an improved neutral if I can get out of a disadvantage in a pinch. Just saying
I feel you could of meant to say, "I don't care about an improved neutral if I can't get out of a disadvantage in a pinch." if you were talking about DArts, or you meant to say that in reply to DArts by saying you could get out of a disadvantage with Monado arts or Hyper arts. ??? Regardless, the moment you're grabbed & thrown into BnB combos, you're already in the disadvantage due to Shulk being combo fodder. At best, you can deactivate your current art & cycle to Monado Shield or Hyper Shield to survive a kill confirm like ROB's Dthrow > UAir, which isn't escaping disadvantage "in a pinch", that's saving your life in a pinch. Another example is being Vanilla or in a current art & deactivating it, then cycling to Monado Jump or Hyper Jump & using the activation in time before hitstun wears off so you can doublejump away from trouble. Not being able to escape out of a disadvantage would only apply to Decisive Jump or Decisive Buster when you're getting juggled, which shouldn't be happening. Deactivating arts & cycling through them to get to the art you want / need in mid hitstun during combos rely heavily on not taking too much hitlag, since you can't do so during any hitlag anyhow. And it's not like the art's intangibility will save you because you cannot perform a pose if you're suffering from hitstun.

Although, this is a good topic to discuss for all Monado art variants. When taking hitstun from combos, you can't receive the intangibility from the art's activation unless you remove your tumble falling state or do not flinch, & the only ways to do that are doublejump, footstool jump from someone's nearby hurtbox, or airdodge / use an aerial. However, it's impossible to utilize the art's intangibility when cycling to a Monado art or Hyper art & immediately trying to input any aerial or airdodge. You can only perform a pose after airdodging / using an aerial is if you're using Decisive arts since they take longer to activate. And good news, you can use ANY aerial after the desired DArt was cycled to, & you'll be able to utilize the art's intangibility. You can also airdodge twice & still perform the DArt's pose.
When playing against characters like ZSS or Sheik that can easily get out of disadvantage or bully you back into Neutral, then I become grateful to DArts for getting me through it or outright putting them back in disadvantage. This is of course speaking specifically about Decisive Speed, Decisive Shield, & Decisive Smash for their respective reasons:
  • Decisive Shield taking even less knockback & receiving less hitstun than Monado Shield means that Decisive Shield makes the opponent re-think & adapt to using different setups rather than their usual BnBs that they would have on Vanilla Shulk or Shield Shulk. Either that, or they would just choose not to approach at all once they realized Decisive Shield could not be combo'd. The result was them running away camping me, even though I would have the percentage lead.

• Decisive Speed's everything-speed with a slight jump height reduction more-so than Monado Speed meant I could extend combos & go much deeper for my edge-guards while bullying their low recoveries with Advancing Air Slash, capable of stage-spiking them had they not teched the first or second hit. Decisive Speed also having better air speed slightly helped me DI away from combos, causing the opponent to reach out more than they usually have to. And ofc, movement speed on the ground means your movement options such as Perfect Pivots, anything-pivot, RARs, and your positioning can easily follow anyone in the air better than Monado Speed.

• Decisive Smash receives more knockback taken, which leads to taking more hitstun as well. And despite that you're locked into the DArt for 20 seconds, the beauty of this drawback is that it's the same amount as the regular Monado Smash art. . .but that can be seen & written off as horrible & far too risky for the reward. Yet for the record, Decisive Smash can be used in Shulk's favor similar to the same way Decisive Shield disrupts & ruins BnB combos, except that the opponent has to overcommit farther for the combo. Decisive Smash can escape out of threatening moves such as ZSS' Boost Kick & Shulk's Air Slash first hit, & that gives Shulk the opportunity to retaliate with a Back Slash variant or a fast fallen aerial. You either launch them far away enough for an edge-guard, or outright kill them. Heck, you can use AS or AAS if you escape the move but are close enough to revenge punish them from the ground or in the air.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Btw. For lols I found a OHKO with Shulk using Hyper Monado arts & using our Final Smash Chain Attack. It's so exact & specific that it just shows how truly bad our frame data is.

Step 1: Have Mario stand at the center of FD or any Omega stage by having him die & drop from the revival platform
Step 2: Have Shulk placed close-by but out of Jab1's range
Step 3: Spawn the Smash ball & let it linger around until it gets right in front of you within Jab1's range
Step 4: Already be cycling through Hyper arts but ready yourself at Hyper Buster & cycle to Hyper Smash then immediately Jab1
Step 5: Spam B to input Chain Attack
Step 6: Profit. Your Chain Attack's last hit should be augmented by Hyper Smash art's knockback increase thus OHKO'ing at 0% without DI. With DI, Mario cannot live at 1% but he does live at 0%.

The Smash ball in Training mode gets broken by a measly Jab1, so yay. Someday I'll put up a video of this shown in Training Mode & maybe I'll try doing it successfully in VS Mode where freshness is real.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
So with helpful & thankful double confirmation from @Fox Is Openly Deceptive , these are the Short Hop & Full Hop Air Times for the Monado arts, Decisive arts, & Hyper arts by following the steps in Foxy's Guide to Testing & Labbing.

翔 (Monado Jump)
SH Air Time: 43 frames
FH Air Time: 68 frames
DJ Air Time: 70 frames

Jump Art Buffered Deactivation
SH Air Time: 57 frames
FH Air Time: 93 frames
DJ Air Time: 97 frames

D翔 (Decisive Jump)
SH Air Time: 41 frames
FH Air Time: 64 frames
DJ Air Time: 66 frames

H翔 (Hyper Jump)
SH Air Time: 39 frames
FH Air Time: 60 frames
DJ Air Time: 62 frames

Hyper Jump Art Buffered Deactivation
SH Air Time: 63 frames
FH Air Time: 104 frames
DJ Air Time: 107 frames

疾 (Monado Speed)
SH Air Time: 34 frames
FH Air Time: 51 frames
DJ Air Time: 53 frames

D疾 (Decisive Speed)
SH Air Time: 31 frames
FH Air Time: 46 frames
DJ Air Time: 48 frames

H疾 (Hyper Speed)
SH Air Time: 25 frames
FH Air Time: 37 frames
DJ Air Time: 39 frames

盾 (Monado Shield) & D盾 (Decisive Shield)
SH Air Time: 35 frames
FH Air Time: 52 frames
DJ Air Time: 54 frames

H盾 (Hyper Shield)
SH Air Time: 31 frames
FH Air Time: 46 frames
DJ Air Time: 48 frames

Here it is in a table format:
Art | SH Air Time | FH Air Time | DJ Air Time
翔 (Monado Jump) | 43 frames | 68 frames | 70 frames
D翔 (Decisive Jump) | 41 frames | 64 frames | 66 frames
H翔 (Hyper Jump) | 39 frames | 60 frames | 62 frames
疾 (Monado Speed) | 34 frames | 51 frames | 53 frames
D疾 (Decisive Speed) | 31 frames | 46 frames | 48 frames
H疾 (Hyper Speed) | 25 frames | 37 frames | 39 frames
盾 (Monado Shield) / D盾 (Decisive Shield) | 35 frames | 52 frames | 54 frames
H盾 (Hyper Shield) | 31 frames | 46 frames | 48 frames

Jump Art Buffered Deactivation | 57 frames | 93 frames | 97 frames
Hyper Jump Art Buffered Deactivation | 63 frames | 104 frames | 107 frames
So now. With these frame values, This gives us an idea in ways of how to maneuver & manage our air time if we ever commit ourselves to a Short or Full Hop. I just wanna note that Shulk's Hard & Soft Landing Lag states vary with these as well.
So now, I'll list what happens if you do the following:

翔 (Monado Jump)
Short Hop, no fastfall: Hard Landing
Full Hop, no fastfall: Hard Landing
Short Hop, fastfall: Hard Landing
Full Hop, fastfall: Hard Landing
Tl:DR Verdict: If you ever SH or FH, fastfalling never hurts to try. You take the hard landing no matter what, so fastfall to make your empty hops scary.

D翔 (Decisive Jump)
Short Hop, no fastfall: Hard Landing
TL;DR Verdict: Like Monado Jump, Decisive Jump is almost the same but your fastfall is more fearsome along with having more airspeed too. So crossing up behind opponents including your aerial friction upon landing allows for safer aerials on shield.

H翔 (Hyper Jump)
Short Hop, no fastfall: Soft Landing:shades:
TL;DR Verdict: Your empty Short Hop no fastfall in this art is fantastic. 2 frames of a difference sounds like, "okay whatever big deal", but it goes a long way I can tell you that much. Abuse your Short Hop approaches with the superior air & fall speed this art possesses. Full Hop into fastfall isn't bad either, since you jump so high & fall so quickly, you can tomahawk just as effectively.

疾 (Monado Speed)
Short Hop, no fastfall: Soft Landing
TL;DR Verdict: SHAD is decently nice option. If you choose to do nothing then you take landing lag, but you could instead input a doublejump, aerial, or special move to override the airdodge's lag. Mostly though you'll want to go for empty hop mixups into an instant landing to running grab or pivot option from out of nowhere for a surprise factor.

D疾 (Decisive Speed)
TL;DR Verdict: SHAD isn't great because you take landing lag for it, but you drift super far distances in return. Empty hop drifting without fast fall is your best bet if you want to optimize your mixup-game to the fullest, but fastfall doesn't hurt ofc.

H疾 (Hyper Speed)
Short Hop, no fastfall: Soft Landing:shades:
Short Hop, fastfall: Soft Landing:shades:
TL;DR Verdict: Holy crap this is awesome. Your Short Hop approaches in this kind of way are very formidable. Sure, you don't go very high at all, but the ability to SH & fastfall and not take the Hard Landing for doing so is quite a small gift that can go a very long way. This art's mighty superior ground speed & air speed allows Shulk to glide across the stage however you see fit. The jump force being so low means that you're a very ground-heavy character during the 6 seconds but it's worth it.

盾 (Monado Shield) and D盾 (Decisive Shield)
TL;DR Verdict: The ability to SHAD & not take landing lag is kinda cool, but terrible air speed leaves you with a lot less joy from it per-say you wanted to do it in a Jump or Speed art. It's ight for a mixup. So stay grounded like usual, & go for empty hops into surprise dash attack or dash grab.

H盾 (Hyper Shield)
TL;DR Verdict: This art has the exact same Air Times as Decisive Speed, so basically it's like you're Decisive Speed except you don't have the good things. So basically SHAD is very bad. Rely on empty hops & try not to Full Hop ever, unless you want to. Otherwise, stick with being the most defensive yellow turtle you can be.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
So I come back to this dead thread to update about my thoughts with Customs Specials in regards to Shulk. .

• 2122 is a solid set, at least in my experiences now that I've attended 3 regional custom tournaments. Right now with the discovery of MABD & how much the Shulk community is figuring out about the applications, it leads to Decisive Arts being very bland & uninteresting along with the arts eventually being lackluster in the long run. However, in my case, my thumb had a large cut / scratch on it & barely healed in time to be playing fairly okay. I'm super glad I know how to use DArts because the past two regionals I've attended in January didn't give me that hard of a time with my thumb healing because again, DArts means I don't have to press the B button like I'm playing Meta Knight from Brawl.
  • To follow up from it, Decisive Arts are "lazy stronger arts that are honest & committing" in a nutshell. You sacrifice a lot of tech & applications, but I still stand by that for now, the improved Neutral & stat buffs received from Decisive Arts can make up for the sacrifice, sort of.
  • Advancing Air Slash is still, really, freaking, good. You do lose the ability to edgeguard characters from a deep point offstage, but you can still ledgetrump with AAS if you delay the first hit backwards & hold backwards while performing the second hit. Plus, the move helps string the first into second hit more properly than regular Air Slash because of the DI problem Shulk players come across against their opponent DI'ing in toward the AS in hopes to avoid the second hit. You can say, "well just space with the first hit & input the second slash accordingly to prevent that", but I'm going to just say, "Advancing Air Slash doesn't care about that problem".
  • Dash Vision is by far better now with the recent patch that buffed its KBG & lowered the KB angle from 35° to 32°. It's a small difference but it surely helps. Heck, I was in Doubles & KO'd a Falcon on the opposing team near the ledge when he was at 10% with Forwarded Dash Vision, which is crazy. Vision or Power Vision forwarded would not have been able to even pull that off! So honestly, there's still no reason for me to use regular Vision when the custom Vision variants are superior in different ways.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Copy pasta quote from all the Frame Data I've been counting lately:

So heirs. Remember when everyone told you that the Monado arts don't affect Shulk's frame data?. . .
. . .
That was a lie!:

Movement Frame Data
Dash to Neutral (Every Monado, Decisive, & Hyper art and Vanilla) | Total Frames= 33
Dash to Shield (Every Monado, Decisive, & Hyper art and Vanilla) | Total Frames= 10

Skid (this happens when you run, but decide to reset the joystick to neutral or tap down on the joystick)
Vanilla skid | Total Frames= 24
Jump art skid | Total Frames= 24
Speed art skid | Total Frames= 28
Shield art skid | Total Frames= 14
Decisive Speed art skid | Total Frames= 28
Decisive Shield art skid | Total Frames= 14
Hyper Speed art skid | Total Frames= 27
Hyper Shield art skid | Total Frames= 11

Dash Turn to Neutral (all this is, is me turning around & not doing anything else until the turn finishes)
Vanilla Dash Turn to Neutral | Total Frames= 35
Jump art Dash Turn to Neutral | Total Frames= 35
Speed art Dash Turn to Neutral | Total Frames= 39
Shield art Dash Turn to Neutral | Total Frames= 25
Decisive Speed art Dash Turn to Neutral | Total Frames= 39
Decisive Shield art Dash Turn to Neutral | Total Frames= 25
Hyper Speed art Dash Turn to Neutral | Total Frames= 39
Hyper Shield art Dash Turn to Neutral | Total Frames= 21

Dash Turn to Shield (all this is, is me turning around, holding the joystick the other way to start running in that direction, & then holding shield to see when you can act)
Vanilla Dash Turn to Shield | Total Frames= 34
Jump art Dash Turn to Shield | Total Frames= 34
Speed art Dash Turn to Shield | Total Frames= 35
Shield art Dash Turn to Shield | Total Frames= 35
Decisive Speed art Dash Turn to Shield | Total Frames= 35
Decisive Shield art Dash Turn to Shield | Total Frames= 35
Hyper Speed art Dash Turn to Shield | Total Frames= 35
Hyper Shield art Dash Turn to Shield | Total Frames= 34

A true Dash Turn (this is when you begin a dash turn & hold in that direction to have Shulk come to a halt asap. Then hold shield to see when you can act)
Vanilla | Total Frames=20
Jump art | Total Frames=20
Speed art | Total Frames=21
Shield art | Total Frames=21
Decisive Speed art | Total Frames=21
Decisive Shield art | Total Frames=21
Hyper Speed art | Total Frames=21
Hyper Shield art | Total Frames=20

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm cleaning up the OP of the Metagame. The good news is that I'm going to compile lots of info including vanilla & customs here in this post:

Jump height tables & rankings
I used a custom stage consisting of a platform floor, two solid ledges, & platforms stacking upward 1 grid unit apart reaching 27 platforms high. Whichever platform Shulk landed on was how high he reached.

Key
SH = Short Hop
FH = Full Hop
DJ = Double Jump
LJ = Ledge Jump
SBJ = Shield Break Jump (when your shield breaks)
TFJ = Tapped Footstool Jump (when you only tap the jump button during the footstool)
HFJ = Held Footstool Jump (when you hold down the jump button during the footstool)
AS1 = 1st hit of Air Slash
AS2 = 2nd hit of Air Slash
MAS1 = 1st hit of Mighty Air Slash
MAS2 = 2nd hit of Mighty Air Slash
AAS1 = 1st hit of Advancing Air Slash
AAS2 = 2nd hit of Advancing Air Slash
BS = Back Slash
BSL = Back Slash Leap
BSC = Back Slash Charge
Move | Vanilla | Jump | DJump | HJump | Speed | DSpeed | HSpeed | Shield | DShield | HShield
SH | 3 | 5 | 5 | 5 | 2 | 2 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 2
FH | 7 | 10 | 10 | 10 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 5 | 5 | 4
DJ | 7 | 10 | 10 | 10 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 5 | 5 | 4
LJ | 7 | 9 | 8 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 6 | 7 | 7 | 7
SBJ | 8 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 8 | 7 | 7 | 8 | 8 | 8
TFJ | 6 | 4 | 4 | 3 | 6 | 5 | 5 | 6 | 6 | 6
HFJ | 12 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 12 | 12 | 12
AS1 | 9 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 | 9
AS2 | 2 | 3 | 3 | 4 | 2 | 2 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 2
AAS1 | 9 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 | 9 | 9
AAS2 | –5 | –6 | –6 | –6 | –5 | –6 | –6 | –5 | –5 | –5
MAS1 | 11 | 14 | 16 | 17 | 11 | 11 | 11 | 11 | 11 | 11
MAS2 | 3 | 4 | 4 | 5 | 3 | 3 | 2 | 3 | 3 | 3

BS | 2
BSL | 5
BSC | 2
Move | Buffered Jump Art Deactivation | Buffered HJump Art Deactivation
SH | 6 | 7
FH | 12 | 15
DJ | 12 | 15
Short Hop
  1. HJump Buffered Deactivation
  2. Jump Buffered Deactivation
  3. Jump
  4. DJump
  5. HJump
  6. Vanilla
  7. Shield & DShield
  8. Speed
  9. DSpeed
  10. HShield
  11. HSpeed

Full Hop
  3. Jump
  4. DJump
  5. HJump
  6. Vanilla
  7. Shield & DShield
  8. Speed
  9. DSpeed
  10. HShield
  11. HSpeed

Double jump
  3. Jump
  4. DJump
  5. HJump
  6. Vanilla
  7. Shield & DShield
  8. Speed
  9. DSpeed
  10. HShield
  11. HSpeed

Ledge jump
  1. Jump
  2. DJump
  3. HJump
  4. Vanilla, Speed, Shield, DShield, & HShield
  5. DSpeed
  6. HSpeed

Shield break jump
  1. Vanilla, Speed, Shield, DShield, & HShield
  2. DSpeed
  3. HSpeed
  4. Jump
  5. DJump
  6. HJump

Tapped footstool jump
  2. DSpeed
  3. HSpeed
  4. Jump
  5. DJump
  6. HJump

Held footstool jump
  2. DSpeed
  3. HSpeed
  4. Jump
  5. DJump
  6. HJump

1st hit of Air Slash & Advancing Air Slash
  1. HJump
  2. DJump
  3. Jump
  4. Vanilla, Speed, Shield, DSpeed, DShield, & HShield
  5. HSpeed

2nd hit of Air Slash
  1. HJump
  2. DJump
  3. Jump
  4. Vanilla, Speed, Shield, DShield, & HShield
  5. DSpeed
  6. HSpeed

2nd hit of Advancing Air Slash
  2. DSpeed
  3. HSpeed
  4. Jump
  5. DJump
  6. HJump

1st hit of Mighty Air Slash
  1. HJump
  2. DJump
  3. Jump
  4. Vanilla, Speed, Shield, DSpeed, DShield, HSpeed, & HShield

2nd hit of Mighty Air Slash
  1. HJump
  2. DJump
  3. Jump
  4. Vanilla, Speed, Shield, DShield, HShield
  5. DSpeed
  6. HSpeed
Notes:
  • I used Mega Man holding his Metal Blade item for testing footstool heights. First I had him stand on the platform 1 grid unit below the floor platform, then left him crouching. Next, Shulk stands on the floor platform & walks over to be directly above Mega Man crouching. Shulk doesn't make make Mega Man move, so technically his hurtbox is just below the floor platform's height, & when I have Shulk drop through the floor platform for this testing, I do it as if I'm testing doublejump heights. Thank you @Tuen for this helpful suggestion:)
  • The 2nd hit of AAS is an awkward yet mixed result for Jump, DJump, DSpeed, HJump, & HSpeed. Jump DJump & HJump increase Shulk's fall speed which causes the 2nd hit to dip down further than the usual, but their air slash height increase to the first hit compensates for it. And despite of the Speed & Shield arts reducing jump height in general, Speed Shield DShield & HShield don't reduce the vertical height for the 1st & 2nd hits for AAS. DSpeed & HSpeed do dip a little lower for AAS's second hit, but thankfully the horizontal drifting speed is a great trade-off
  • Monado arts don't affect the movement of BS, BSL, or BSC. However, the distance that BSC's Landing hitbox phase travels across the floor becomes reduced because of the friction increase from Speed DSpeed & HSpeed. So Speed reduces it by some, DSpeed reduces it by a good amount, & HSpeed reduces most of it
  • Speed & DSpeed have a slight difference in their jump heights, but the Shield & DShield arts have absolutely no differences in their jump heights whatsoever. Shield DShield & HShield also do not reduce the vertical heights for any Air Slash variant. However, the drifting speed in between the first & second hits of an Air Slash variant becomes very slow for Shield DShield & HShield
The Monado's Maximum Vertical Range (Above)
Note: I'm rating a move's MVR by stars, so 1★ means the 1st platform. If Shulk used Jab1 from the ground, that means he can hit something on the 1st or 2nd platform. I used a custom stage designed for testing MVR along with using the Barrel item by setting it on top of a platform as the "sandbag" to hit.

Note: Monado Jump, Decisive Jump, & Hyper Jump increase the vertical height of the Air Slashes thus increasing the vertical hit-box range to Air Slash, Advancing Air Slash, & Mighty Air Slash.

Note: "Floor" indicates that the move can hit characters crouching at a height lower than 1 star above the ground. The characters who are revered of doing this include Mr. Game & Watch, Jigglypuff, Kirby, & Wii Fit Trainer. And Wii Fit Trainer has the lowest crouching height, so she was used for the "Floor" testing.
Move | ★ height range | Notes
Jab1 | 1 – 2★
Jab2 | 1 – 3★
Jab3 | Floor – 4★
Dash Attack | Floor – 2★
Ftilt | Floor – 2★ | Can whiff versus low crouching characters
Utilt | Floor – 9★ | Not every character gets hit on the 9th platform
Dtilt | Floor – 1★
Fsmash 1st hit angled up | 1 – 2★
Fsmash 1st hit | Floor – 2★ | Can whiff vs Wii Fit Trainer crouching
Fsmash 1st hit angled down | Floor – 2★ | You have to be very close to hit 2★ above
FSmash 2nd hit angled up | 1 – 3★ | Only the 2nd hit sourspot can reach 3★ above
Fsmash 2nd hit | Floor – 2★ | Only the 2nd hit sweetspot can reach Floor
FSmash 2nd hit angled down | Floor – 2★ | You have to be very close to hit 2★ above
Usmash 1st hit | Floor – 4★
Usmash 2nd hit | Floor – 7★
Dsmash all hits | Floor – 1★
Monado Speed SH NAir | Floor – 8★
Decisive Speed SH NAir | Floor – 7★
Hyper Shield SH NAir | Floor – 7★
Monado Speed SH FAir | Floor – 9★ | The startup hitbox reaches 9★
Decisive Speed SH FAir | Floor – 8★ | The startup hitbox reaches 8★
Hyper Speed SH FAir | Floor – 8★ | The startup hitbox reaches 8★
Monado Speed SH BAir | 1 – 5★
Decisive Speed SH BAir | Floor – 5★ | Can whiff vs Wii Fit Trainer crouching
Hyper Speed SH BAir | Floor – 4★
Monado Speed SH UAir 1st hit | 1 – 7★ | You have to be very close to hit something on 1★
Decisive Speed SH UAir 1st hit | 1 – 7★ | You have to be very close to hit something on 1★
Hyper Speed SH UAir 1st hit | 1 – 6★ | You have to be very close to hit something on 1★
Monado Speed SH UAir 2nd hit | 1 – 10★
Decisive Speed SH UAir 2nd hit | 1 – 10★
Hyper Speed SH UAir 2nd hit | 1 – 9★
Monado Speed SH DAir 1st hit | 1 – 4★
Decisive Speed SH DAir 1st hit | 1 – 4★
Hyper Speed SH DAir 1st hit | Floor – 3★
Monado Speed SH DAir 2nd hit | Floor – 4★
Decisive Speed SH DAir 2nd hit | Floor – 4★ | You have to be very close to hit something on 4★
Hyper Speed SH DAir 2nd hit | Floor – 2★
Chain Attack | Floor – 5★
Back Slash | 7★ – Floor | Lands on 2★. Startup only hits 7★
Back Slash Leap | 8★ – Floor | Lands on 5★. Startup only hits 8★
Back Slash Charge | 5★ – Floor | Lands on 2★. Startup on hits 5★
Air Slash 1st hit | Floor – 10★ | Lands on 9★
Monado Jump Air Slash 1st hit | Floor – 12★ | Lands on 12★
Decisive Jump Air Slash 1st hit | Floor – 13★ | Lands on 13★
Hyper Jump Air Slash 1st hit | Floor – 13★ | Lands on 14★
Air Slash 2nd hit | 6★ – 13★
Monado Jump Air Slash 2nd hit | 9★ – 16★
Decisive Jump Air Slash 2nd hit | 10★ – 17★
Hyper Jump Air Slash 2nd hit | 12★ – 18★
Advancing Air Slash 1st hit | Floor – 10★
Monado Jump Advancing Air Slash 1st hit | Floor – 12★ | Lands on 12★
Decisive Jump Advancing Air Slash 1st hit | Floor – 13★ | Lands on 13★
Hyper Jump Advancing Air Slash 1st hit | Floor – 13★ | Lands on 14★
Advancing Air Slash 2nd hit | 2 – 8★ | You can hit a Barrel on 1★ if you delay the 2nd slash
Monado Jump Advancing Air Slash 2nd hit | 4 – 11★ | You can hit a Barrel on 3★ if you delay the 2nd slash
Decisive Jump Advancing Air Slash 2nd hit | 6 – 12★ | You can hit a Barrel on 5★ if you delay the 2nd slash
Hyper Jump Advancing Air Slash 2nd hit | 8 – 13★ | You can hit the Barrel on 7★ if you delay the 2nd slash
Mighty Air Slash 1st hit | Floor – 10★ | Lands on 11★
Monado Jump Mighty Air Slash 1st hit | Floor – 11★ | Lands on 14★
Decisive Jump Mighty Air Slash 1st hit | Floor – 11★ | Lands on 16★
Hyper Jump Mighty Air Slash 1st hit | Floor – 12★ | Lands on 17★
Mighty Air Slash 2nd hit | 9 – 14★
Monado Jump Mighty Air Slash 2nd hit | 12 – 18★
Decisive Jump Mighty Air Slash 2nd hit | 13 – 19★
Hyper Jump Mighty Air Slash 2nd hit | 15 – 21★
Grounded Vision | Floor – 3★
Grounded Forward Vision | Floor – 3★
Grounded Dash Vision | Floor – 3★
Grounded Forward Dash Vision | Floor – 3★
Grounded Power Vision | Floor – 3★
Grounded Forward Power Vision | Floor – 3★
Fthrow 1st hit | Floor – 3★
Fthrow 2nd hit | Floor – 4★ | Needs some spacing to hit with the rising swing
Bthrow 1st hit | Floor – 2★
Bthrow 2nd hit | Floor – 3★
Uthrow 1st & 2nd hit | Floor – 6★
Dthrow 2nd hit | Floor – 1★
The Monado's Maximum Vertical Range (Below)
The moves listed below are Shulk's only attacks that can hit Wii Fit Trainer crouching on the floor while Shulk's standing on a ★platform from above. These moves also can hit a ledge-hanging opponent.
Move | ★platform depth | Notes
Fsmash 2nd hit Beam angled down | 1★ deep
Dsmash 5th hit Blade & Beam | 1★ deep
NAir Beam | 2★ deep
FAir Beam | 3★ deep
BAir Blade | 2★ deep
DAir 1st hit | 1★ deep
DAir 2nd hit Beam | 4★ deep
Chain Attack | 2★ deep
Back Slash Leap (Landing) | 1★ deep | Only BSL can hit below. BS & BSC cannot
Air Slash 1st hit | 1★ deep
Advancing Air Slash 1st hit | 1★ deep
DThrow 2nd hit | 1★ deep
Neutral air
Updated Ver. 1.1.3
Unlike most of the spacing from Shulk's moves, Nair is the opposite in that the Blade deals 7.5% & the Beam deals 8.5%. The damage difference is only 1%, but the kill percentage difference is quite large. Nair is one of Shulk's only moves that rewards safe game-play spacing while also rewarding combo opportunities with the Blade sourspot.

Going into Training Mode, I tested the 1% difference between Nair Blade & Nair Beam to compare the kill percentages against a CPU Shulk set to Control at the very center of Omega Gaur Plains with the current damage percentage:

Vanilla: At 235%, Nair Blade's Deadly Blow starts appearing. At 211%, Nair Beam's Deadly Blow spark starts appearing at 211%.

Speed & DSpeed: At 237%, Nair Blade's Deadly Blow starts appearing. At 213%, Nair Beam's Deadly Blow starts appearing.
HSpeed: At 238%, Nair Blade's Deadly Blow starts appearing. At 214%, Nair Beam's Deadly Blow starts appearing.

Shield & DShield: At 237%, Nair Blade's Deadly Blow starts appearing. At 214%, Nair Beam's Deadly Blow starts appearing.
HShield: At 238%, Nair Blade's Deadly Blow starts appearing. At 215%, Nair Beam's Deadly Blow starts appearing.

Smash: At 189%, Nair Blade's Deadly Blow starts appearing. At 170%, Nair Beam's Deadly Blow starts appearing.
DSmash: At 163%, Nair Blade's Deadly Blow starts appearing. At 147%, Nair Beam's Deadly Blow starts appearing.
HSmash: At 143%, Nair Blade's Deadly Blow starts appearing. At 128%, Nair Beam's Deadly Blow starts appearing.

Why does this matter? Spacing the move to hit with Nair Beam offstage is a deceptively good kill option. However, I feel this option isn't normally chosen over Shulk's Fair or Bair. Still, Nair Blade is decent since it does have some kill power or leads to more edge-guarding. And because Nair's hitbox is active starting behind & ends diagonally behind, it's helpful to RAR aka aerial pivot your jump offstage to hit with the Nair swinging overhead Shulk to cover that general area.
Shulk jargon
Front = the area pertaining to the front-facing damage of Dsmash or any of the Back Slashes
Back = the area pertaining to the back-facing damage of Dsmash or any of the Back Slashes
Startup = the 1st phase aka hitbox near the beginning of BS BSL & BSC
Initial = the 1st portion out of the 2 portions in BS's Startup & BSC's Landing
Final = the 2nd portion out of the 2 portions in BS's Startup & BSC's Landing
Falling = the 2nd phase aka hitbox near the middle of BS BSL & BSC
Landing = the 3rd phase aka hitbox near the end of BS BSL & BSC
Base / Hilt = Rarely occurs, but it's located within the Blade portions of a few attacks
Blade = mostly the sweetspot; the Blade is visually the Monado itself in most of Shulk's attacks
Beam = mostly the sourspot; the Beam is visually located in most of Shulk's attacks
Tipper = Rarely occurs, but it's located within the Beam portions of a few attacks
Vanilla = No MArt active
MArts = Monado Arts
Monado Jump
Monado Speed
Monado Shield
Monado Buster
Monado Smash
BS = Back Slash
\ = Back Slash
AS = Air Slash
Vision = Shulk's Down Special counter attack

DArts = Decisive Monado Arts
DJump = Decisive Jump
DSpeed = Decisive Speed
DShield = Decisive Shield
DBuster = Decisive Buster
DSmash = Decisive Smash
BSL = Back Slash Leap
AAS = Advancing Air Slash
DVision = Dash Vision

HArts = Hyper Monado Arts
HJump = Hyper Jump
HSpeed = Hyper Speed
HShield = Hyper Shield
HBuster = Hyper Buster
HSmash = Hyper Smash
BSC = Back Slash Charge
MAS = Mighty Air Slash
PVision = Power Vision
Shulk's move-set damages with Decisive Buster
Move | Decisive Buster Jab Combo
Jab1 / Jab2 / Jab3 | 5.39 / 5.39 / 8.162
Jab3 sourspot | 6.468 Dash Attack
Dash Attack | 17.71 Tilts
Ftilt Blade | 20.79
Ftilt Beam | 18.48
Utilt Blade | 13.09
Utilt Beam | 11.55
Dtilt Blade | 14.63
Dtilt Beam | 11.55 Smashes
Fsmash 1st hit | 8.47 / 20.02
Fsmash 2nd Blade or 2nd Beam | 20.02 or 17.71
Usmash 1st hit / 2nd hit | 6.93 / 20.79
Dsmash Front Blades | 21.56 / 15.4 / 9.24
Dsmash Front Beams | 16.94 / 12.32 / 6.16
Dsmash Back Blades | 18.48 / 12.32
Dsmash Back Beams | 15.4 / 9.24 Aerials
Nair Blade | 11.55
Nair Beam | 13.09
Fair Blade | 12.32
Fair Beam | 10.01
Bair Blade | 19.25
Bair Beam | 13.09
Uair 1st hit | 8.47
Uair 2nd Blade or 2nd Beam | 16.17 or 11.55
Dair 1st Ground or 2nd Blade | 11.55 or 9.24
Dair 2nd Blade or 2nd Beam | 17.71 or 16.17 Back Slash Startup
\ Front Startup Initial sweetspot | 15.4
\ Front Startup Initial sourspot | 13.86
\ Back Startup Initial sweetspot | 24.64
\ Back Startup Initial sourspot | 21.56
\ Front Startup Final sweetspot | 15.4
\ Front Startup Final sourspot | 13.86
\ Back Startup Final sweetspot | 24.64
\ Back Startup Final sourspot | 21.56 Falling
\ Front Falling sweetspot | 15.4
\ Front Falling sourspot | 13.86
\ Back Falling sweetspot | 24.64
\ Back Falling sourspot | 21.56 Landing
\ Front Landing sweetspot | 15.4
\ Front Landing sourspot | 13.86
\ Back Landing sweetspot | 23.1
\ Back Landing sourspot | 20.02 Air Slash
UpB Early 1st hit or Late 1st hit | 9.42 or 7.7
UpB 2nd hit | 8.47 Vision
DownB sweetspot | 15.4
DownB sourspot | 10.78
DownB Forwarded sweetspot | 20.02
DownB Forwarded sourspot | 15.4 Pummel & Throws
Pummel | 4.62
Fthrow | 4.62 / 12.32
Bthrow | 4.62 / 13.86
Uthrow | 4.62 / 6.16
Dthrow | 4.62 / 6.16 Floor Trip & Ledge Attacks
Front & Back Floor Attack | 10.78
Front & Back Trip Attack | 7.7
Ledge attack | 10.78
Shulk's Move-set Damages with Hyper Monado Arts
Note: Below is a table for HArts aka Hyper Monado Arts. HJump isn't listed in the table below because it deals the same damage as Vanilla Jump & DJump. And despite that I have the arts differently color coded for the regular MArts DArts & HArts, I'm going to use the DArt's colors for the HArts since it won't be easy on the eyes to read numbers with these colors: HSpeed, HShield, HBuster, or HSmash
Move | HSpeed | HShield | HBuster | HSmash Jab Combo
Jab1 / Jab2 / Jab3 | 2.24 / 2.24 / 3.328 | 1.96 / 1.96 / 2.968 | 5.88 / 5.88 / 8.904 | 1.4 / 1.4 / 2.12
Jab3 sourspot | 2.688 | 2.352 | 7.056 | 1.68 Dash Attack
Dash Attack | 7.36 | 6.44 | 19.32 | 4.6 Tilts
Ftilt Blade | 8.64 | 7.56 | 22.68 | 5.4
Ftilt Beam | 7.68 | 6.72 | 20.16 | 4.8
Utilt Blade | 5.44 | 4.76 | 14.28 | 3.4
Utilt Beam | 4.8 | 4.2 | 12.6 | 3
Dtilt Blade | 6.08 | 5.32 | 15.96 | 3.8
Dtilt Beam | 4.8 | 4.2 | 12.6 | 3 Smashes
Fsmash 1st hit | 3.52 | 3.08 | 9.24 | 2.2
Fsmash 2nd Blade or 2nd Beam | 8.32 or 7.36 | 7.28 or 6.44 | 21.84 or 19.32 | 5.2 or 4.6
Usmash 1st / 2nd | 2.88 / 8.64 | 2.52 / 7.56 | 7.56 / 22.68 | 1.8 / 5.4
Dsmash Front Blades | 8.96 / 6.4 / 3.84 | 7.84 / 5.6 / 3.36 | 23.52 / 16.8 / 10.08 | 5.6 / 4 / 2.4
Dsmash Front Beams | 7.04 / 5.12 / 2.56 | 6.16 / 4.48 / 2.24 | 18.48 / 13.44 / 6.72 | 4.4 / 3.2 / 1.6
Dsmash Back Blades | 7.68 / 5.12 | 6.72 / 4.48 | 20.16 / 13.44 | 4.8 / 3.2
Dsmash Back Beams | 6.4 / 3.84 | 5.6 / 3.36 | 16.8 / 10.08 | 4 / 2.4 Aerials
Nair Blade | 4.8 | 4.2 | 12.6 | 3
Nair Beam | 5.44 | 4.76 | 14.28 | 3.4
Fair Blade | 5.12 | 4.48 | 13.44 | 3.2
Fair Beam | 4.16 | 3.64 | 10.92 | 2.6
Bair Blade | 8 | 7 | 21 | 5
Bair Beam | 5.44 | 4.76 | 14.28 | 3.4
Uair 1st hit | 3.52 | 3.08 | 9.24 | 2.2
Uair 2nd Blade or 2nd Beam | 6.72 or 5.12 | 5.88 or 4.48 | 17.64 or 13.44 | 4.2 or 3.2
Dair 1st Ground or 1st Air | 4.8 or 3.84 | 4.2 or 3.36 | 12.6 or 10.08 | 3 or 2.4
Dair 2nd Blade or 2nd Beam | 7.36 or 6.72 | 6.44 or 5.88 | 19.32 or 17.64 | 4.6 or 4.2 Back Slash Startup
\ Front Startup Initial sweetspot | 6.4 | 5.6 | 16.8 | 4
\ Front Startup Initial sourspot | 5.76 | 5.04 | 15.12 | 3.6
\ Back Startup Initial sweetspot | 10.24 | 8.96 | 26.88 | 6.4
\ Back Startup Initial sourspot | 8.96 | 7.84 | 23.52 | 5.6
\ Front Startup Final sweetspot | 6.4 | 5.6 | 16.8 | 4
\ Front Startup Final sourspot | 5.76 | 5.04 | 15.12 | 3.6
\ Back Startup Final sweetspot | 10.24 | 8.96 | 26.88 | 6.4
\ Back Startup Final sourspot | 8.96 | 7.84 | 23.52 | 5.6 Falling
\ Front Falling sweetspot | 6.4 | 5.6 | 16.8 | 4
\ Front Falling sourspot | 5.76 | 5.04 | 15.12 | 3.6
\ Back Falling sweetspot | 10.24 | 8.96 | 26.88 | 6.4
\ Back Falling sourspot | 8.96 | 7.84 | 23.52 | 5.6 Landing
\ Front Landing sweetspot | 6.4 | 5.6 | 16.8 | 4
\ Front Landing sourspot | 5.76 | 5.04 | 15.12 | 3.6
\ Back Landing sweetspot | 9.6 | 8.4 | 25.2 | 6
\ Back Landing sourspot | 8.32 | 7.28 | 21.84 | 5.2 Air Slash
UpB Early 1st hit or Late 1st hit | 3.84 or 3.2 | 3.36 or 2.8 | 10.08 or 8.4 | 2.4 or 2
UpB 2nd hit | 3.52 | 3.08 | 9.24 | 2.2 Vision
DownB sweetspot | 6.4 | 5.6 | 16.8 | 4
DownB sourspot | 4.48 | 3.92 | 11.76 | 2.8
DownB Forwarded sweetspot | 8.32 | 7.28 | 21.84 | 5.2
DownB Forwarded sourspot | 6.4 | 5.6 | 16.8 | 4 Pummel & Throws
Pummel | 1.92 | 1.68 | 5.04 | 1.2
Fthrow | 1.92 / 5.12 | 1.68 / 4.48 | 5.04 / 13.44 | 1.2 / 3.2
BThrow | 1.92 / 5.76 | 1.68 / 5.04 | 5.04 / 15.12 | 1.2 / 3.6
Uthrow | 1.92 / 2.56 | 1.68 / 2.24 | 5.04 / 6.72 | 1.2 / 1.6
Dthrow | 1.92 / 2.56 | 1.68 / 2.24 | 5.04 / 6.72 | 1.2 / 1.6 Floor Trip & Ledge Attacks
Front & Back Floor Attack | 4.48 | 3.92 | 11.76 | 2.8
Front & Back Trip Attack | 3.2 | 2.8 | 8.4 | 2
Ledge attack | 4.48 | 3.92 | 11.76 | 2.8
Custom Specials with Monado Arts & Decisive Buster
Note: I highly suggest that you read the Shulk Jargon in case you don't know the terms within this table below.
Custom Special Move | Vanilla / Jump | Speed | Shield | Buster | DBuster | Smash Back Slash Leap Startup
BSL Front Startup sweetspot | 6 | 4.8 | 4.2 | 8.4 | 9.24 | 3
BSL Front Startup sourspot | 4 | 3.2 | 2.8 | 5.6 | 6.16 | 2
BSL Back Startup sweetspot | 12 | 9.6 | 8.4 | 16.8 | 18.48 | 6
BSL Back Startup sourspot | 11 | 8.8 | 7.7 | 15.4 | 16.94 | 5.5 Falling
BSL Front Falling sweetspot | 10 | 8 | 7 | 14 | 15.4 | 5
BSL Front Falling sourspot | 9 | 7.2 | 6.3 | 12.6 | 13.86 | 4.5
BSL Back Falling sweetspot | 16 | 12.8 | 11.2 | 22.4 | 24.64 | 8
BSL Back Falling sourspot | 14 | 11.2 | 9.8 | 19.6 | 21.56 | 7 Landing
BSL Front Landing sweetspot | 10 | 8 | 7 | 14 | 15.4 | 5
BSL Front Landing sourspot | 8 | 6.4 | 5.6 | 11.2 | 12.32 | 4
BSL Back Landing sweetspot | 18 | 14.4 | 12.6 | 25.2 | 27.72 | 9
BSL Back Landing sourspot | 16 | 12.8 | 11.2 | 22.4 | 24.64 | 8 Back Slash Charge Startup
BSC Front Startup sweetspot | 6 | 4.8 | 4.2 | 8.4 | 9.24 | 3
BSC Front Startup sourspot | 4 | 3.2 | 2.8 | 5.6 | 6.16 | 2
BSC Back Startup sweetspot | 15 | 12 | 10.5 | 21 | 23.1 | 7.5
BSC Back Startup sourspot | 13 | 10.4 | 9.1 | 18.2 | 20.02 | 6.5 Falling
BSC Front Falling sweetspot | 4 | 3.2 | 2.8 | 5.6 | 6.16 | 2
BSC Front Falling sourspot | 3.5 | 2.8 | 2.45 | 4.9 | 5.39 | 1.75
BSC Back Falling sweetspot | 11 | 8.8 | 7.7 | 15.4 | 16.94 | 5.5
BSC Back Falling sourspot | 9 | 7.2 | 6.3 | 12.6 | 13.86 | 4.5 Landing
BSC Front Initial Landing sweetspot | 6 | 4.8 | 4.2 | 8.4 | 9.24 | 3
BSC Front Initial Landing sourspot | 4.5 | 3.6 | 3.15 | 6.3 | 6.93 | 2.25
BSC Back Initial Landing sweetspot | 14 | 11.2 | 9.8 | 19.6 | 21.56 | 7
BSC Back Initial Landing sourspot | 12 | 9.6 | 8.4 | 16.8 | 18.48 | 6
BSC Front Final Landing sweetspot | 4 | 3.2 | 2.8 | 5.6 | 6.16 | 2
BSC Front Final Landing sourspot | 3 | 2.4 | 2.1 | 4.2 | 4.62 | 1.5
BSC Back Final Landing sweetspot | 7 | 5.6 | 4.9 | 9.8 | 10.78 | 3.5
BSC Back Final Landing sourspot | 6 | 4.8 | 4.2 | 8.4 | 9.24 | 3 Advancing Air Slash
AAS Early 1st hit or Late 1st hit | 6 or 5 | 4.8 or 4 | 4.2 or 3.5 | 8.4 or 7 | 9.24 or 7.7 | 3 or 2.5
AAS 2nd hit | 8 | 6.4 | 5.6 | 11.2 | 12.32 | 4 Mighty Air Slash
MAS Early 1st hit or Late 1st hit | 9 or 7 | 7.2 or 5.6 | 6.3 or 4.9 | 12.6 or 9.8 | 13.86 or 10.78 | 4.5 or 3.5
MAS 2nd 1st | 10 | 8 | 7 | 14 | 15.4 | 5 Dash Vision
DV sweetspot | 8 | 6.4 | 5.6 | 11.2 | 12.32 | 4
DV sourspot | 5 | 4 | 3.5 | 7 | 7.7 | 2.5
DV Forwarded sweetspot | 11 | 8.8 | 7.7 | 15.4 | 16.94 | 5.5
DV Forwarded sourspot | 8 | 6.4 | 5.6 | 11.2 | 12.32 | 4 Power Vision
PV sweetspot | 17 | 13.6 | 11.9 | 23.8 | 26.18 | 8.5
PV sourspot | 14 | 11.2 | 9.8 | 19.6 | 21.56 | 7
PV Forwarded sweetspot | 20 | 16 | 14 | 28 | 30.8 | 10
PV Forwarded sourspot | 17 | 13.6 | 11.9 | 23.8 | 26.18 | 8.5
Custom Specials with Hyper Monado Arts
Note: I highly suggest that you read the Shulk Jargon in case you don't know the terms within this table below.

Note: I have the Hyper arts differently color coded as the DArt's colors for the HArts since it won't be easy on the eyes to read numbers in these colors: HSpeed, HShield, HBuster, or HSmash
Custom Special Move | HSpeed | HShield | HBuster | HSmash Back Slash Leap Startup
BSL Front Startup sweetspot | 3.84 | 3.36 | 10.08 | 2.4
BSL Front Startup sourspot | 2.56 | 2.24 | 6.72 | 1.6
BSL Back Startup sweetspot | 7.68 | 6.72 | 20.16 | 4.8
BSL Back Startup sourspot | 7.04 | 6.16 | 18.48 | 4.4 Falling
BSL Front Falling sweetspot | 6.4 | 5.6 | 16.8 | 4
BSL Front Falling sourspot | 5.76 | 5.04 | 15.12 | 3.6
BSL Back Falling sweetspot | 10.24 | 8.96 | 26.88 | 6.4
BSL Back Falling sourspot | 8.96 | 7.84 | 23.52 | 5.6 Landing
BSL Front Landing sweetspot | 6.4 | 5.6 | 16.8 | 4
BSL Front Landing sourspot | 5.76 | 5.04 | 15.12 | 3.6
BSL Back Landing sweetspot | 11.52 | 10.08 | 30.24 | 7.2
BSL Back Landing sourspot | 10.24 | 8.96 | 26.88 | 6.4 Back Slash Charge Startup
BSC Front Startup sweetspot | 3.84 | 3.36 | 10.08 | 2.4
BSC Front Startup sourspot | 2.56 | 2.24 | 6.72 | 1.6
BSC Back Startup sweetspot | 9.6 | 8.4 | 25.2 | 6
BSC Back Startup sourspot | 8.32 | 7.28 | 21.84 | 5.2 Falling
BSC Front Falling sweetspot | 2.56 | 2.24 | 6.72 | 1.6
BSC Front Falling sourspot | 2.24 | 1.96 | 5.88 | 1.4
BSC Back Falling sweetspot | 7.04 | 6.16 | 18.48 | 4.4
BSC Back Falling sourspot | 5.76 | 5.04 | 15.12 | 3.6 Landing
BSC Front Initial Landing sweetspot | 3.84 | 3.36 | 10.08 | 2.4
BSC Front Initial Landing sourspot | 2.88 | 2.52 | 7.56 | 1.8
BSC Back Initial Landing sweetspot | 8.96 | 7.84 | 23.52 | 5.6
BSC Back Initial Landing sourspot | 7.68 | 6.72 | 20.16 | 4.8
BSC Front Final Landing sweetspot | 2.56 | 2.24 | 6.72 | 1.6
BSC Front Final Landing sourspot | 1.92 | 1.68 | 5.04 | 1.2
BSC Back Final Landing sweetspot | 4.48 | 3.92 | 11.76 | 2.8
BSC Back Final Landing sourspot | 3.84 | 3.36 | 10.08 | 2.4 Advancing Air Slash
AAS Early 1st hit or Late 1st hit | 3.84 or 3.2 | 3.36 or 2.8 | 10.08 or 8.4 | 2.4 or 2
AAS 2nd hit | 5.12 | 4.48 | 13.44 | 3.2 Mighty Air Slash
MAS Early 1st hit or Late 1st hit | 5.67 or 4.48 | 5.04 or 3.92 | 15.12 or 11.76 | 3.6 or 2.8
MAS 2nd hit | 6.4 | 5.6 | 16.8 | 4 Dash Vision
DV sweetspot | 5.12 | 4.48 | 13.44 | 3.2
DV sourspot | 3.2 | 2.8 | 8.4 | 2
DV Forwarded sweetspot | 7.04 | 6.16 | 18.48 | 4.4
DV Forwarded sourspot | 5.12 | 4.48 | 13.44 | 3.2 Power Vision
PV sweetspot | 10.88 | 9.52 | 28.56 | 6.8
PV sourspot | 8.96 | 7.84 | 23.52 | 5.6
PV Forwarded sweetspot | 12.8 | 11.2 | 33.6 | 8
PV Forwarded sourspot | 10.88 | 9.52 | 28.56 | 6.8

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Here's my frame analysis thread I did for Custom specials.

But, the frame analysis itself is kind of crucial information for this thread so. Here's that:
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
Decisive Monado arts
Decisive art activation is intangible from frame 1-14
Decisive art takes 3/4 frames to cycle past
Decisive art selected activates on frame 90
Decisive art duration is 1200 frames
Decisive art deactivates on frame 1201
Decisive art cooldown in question is approximately 300 frames
Decisive art comes off of cooldown starting on frame 301
~
On frame 90 of selecting an art, the art activates. On frame 92, Shulk grabs hold of the Monado with his right hand. On frame 104, Shulk shouts the art. On frame 144, Shulk places the Monado on his back & lets go of it too.
~
From the art activation = frame 1 of Decisive art
Shulk puts the Monado on his back & lets go of it on frame 55.
On frame 901, Decisive arts start flashing.
On frame 961, Decisive arts flash faster..
On frame 1021, Decisive arts flash even faster.
On frame 1081, Decisive arts flash even more quickly.
On frame 1141, Decisive arts rapidly flash.
Decisive art deactivates on frame 1201.

Hyper Monado arts
Hyper art activation is intangible from frame 1-14
Hyper art takes 3/4 frames to cycle past
Hyper art selected activates on frame 46
Hyper art duration is 360 frames
Hyper art deactivates on frame 361
Hyper art cooldown in question is approximately 900 frames
Hyper art comes off of cooldown starting on frame 901
~
On frame 46 of selecting an art, the art activates. On frame 48, Shulk grabs hold of the Monado with his right hand. On frame 60, Shulk shouts the art. On frame 100, Shulk places the Monado on his back & lets go of it too. On frame 106, the art starts to flash.
~
From the art activation = frame 1 of Hyper art
Shulk puts the Monado on his back on frame 55.
On frame 61, Hyper arts start flashing.
On frame 121, Hyper arts flash faster.
On frame 181, Hyper arts flash even faster.
On frame 241, Hyper arts flash even more quickly.
On frame 301, Hyper arts rapidly flash.
Hyper art deactivates on frame 361.

Back Slash Leap
Startup phase hits on frame 28-29?
Falling phase hits on frame 29/30 to falling
Landing phase hits on frame 1-2 aka 33-34
Landing FAF is 56

Back Slash Charge
Startup phase hits on frame 31-32
Falling phase hits on frame 32?/33 to falling
Landing phase hits on frame 1-4 aka 34-37
Landing FAF is 62

Advancing Air Slash
Early AAS1 hits on frame 10-11
Middle AAS1 hits on frame 12-14
Late AAS1 hits on frame 15-17
AAS2 hits on frame 11-12
landing lag is 30 frames
Additional notes: Frame 1 of AAS2 starts on frame 22 of AAS1 as soon as possible. In other words, if you try to mash AAS2, you have to go through frame 1-21 of AAS1 prior to AAS2.

Mighty Air Slash
Early MAS1 hits on frame 10-11
Middle MAS1 hits on frame 12-14
Late MAS1 hits on frame 15
MAS2 hits on frame 15-16
landing lag is 30 frames
Additional notes: Frame 1 of MAS2 starts on frame 22 of MAS1 as soon as possible. In other words, if you try to mash MAS2, you have to go through frame 1-21 of MAS1 prior to MAS2.

Dash Vision
(Fresh) Highest cap counter window is frame 7-31
(Staled) Lowest cap counter window is frame 7-11
Grounded counterattack hitbox is frame 31-34.
Grounded counterattack FAF=83
Grounded counterattack intangibility is frame 1-31
Aerial counterattack hitbox is frame 45-48
Aerial counterattack intangibility is frame 9-44
Aerial counterattack IASA=97
Forwarded counterattack hitbox is frame 22
Forwarded counterattack FAF=64
Forwarded counterattack intangibility is frame 1-28
~
DV depreciated once makes the counter window frame 7-21
DV depreciated twice makes the counter window frame 7-16
DV depreciated thrice makes the counter window frame 7-12
DV depreciated four times makes the counter window frame 7-11. This is the lowest cap

Power Vision
(Fresh) Highest cap counter window is frame 7-51
(Staled) Lowest cap counter window is frame 7-11
Grounded counterattack hitbox is frame 57-62
Grounded counterattack FAF=124
Grounded counterattack intangibility is frame 1-59
Aerial counterattack hitbox is frame 49-54
Aerial counterattack IASA=116
Aerial counterattack intangibility is frame 9-49
Forwarded counterattack hitbox is frame 49-52
Forwarded counterattack FAF=95
Forwarded counterattack intangibility is frame 1-59