- Apr 7, 2015
Honestly, using 20XX for testing makes me skeptical on this. 20XX modified CPU properties from regular Melee. That, plus the posts here show evidence though CPU states in debug mode that Nana has to be angered first. Didn't Fly already disprove percent being a factor?How to disprove nana level 9 (thanks @ BigVegeta , please make a thread with better info than what I'm posting):
1. play with level 1 cpu
2. turn on infinite shields (in 20XX, dpad down)
3. make sure popo has no damage, and shield for 8 minutes
4. watch as level 1 cpu jabs or smashes hopelessly on shield, but never grabs; be convinced that lvl1 cpu's don't grab
5. start new match on battlefield with player 2 as human fox
6. get popo into teeter on battlefield platform edge, nana is now an AI
7. get fox to stand next to nana
8. if popo is at low percent nana will jab, but never grab, just like lvl1 cpu; you can do this for however long you want to be convinced
9. as percent goes up on popo (use fox's lasers), nana will eventually start to blizzard (after 40%?) this is nana leveling up her AI to 3 or 4, can't remember right now, but one of the two starts using b moves offensively
10. as popo's percent gets above 120, you can now shield in front of nana AI and she will grab you out of shield, she is now lvl7 (I think, maybe 8/9, its late, I'll check tomorrow)
There's a couple other things nana will start to do at different popo percents, because that is when her AI levels up. I'll wait until @ BigVegeta makes a thread with specifics. Don't want to take all his steam away, just want to put this myth to rest.
Edit: Reading back through the thread, I noticed this from achilles:
Which happens to fall in line with the video showing Nana's address changing posted on page 1.