• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level|Up & Team OXY present: Super Smash Sundays @ Super Arcade! The 8th edition! Nov 17th, 2013

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Teams Bracket (15 teams)-

http://challonge.com/SmashSundaysTeams8

1: Fiction + MacD
2: Fly Amanita + DEHF
3: OXY_Westballz + Connor
4: Tafokints + S2J
5: OXY_Sung666 + OXY_DendyPretendy
5: Zio + JoeJoe
7: Squid + Bardull
7: Combofest + Anto
9: P + Scott Pilgrim
9: Boss + Deth
9: KoopaTroopa895 + SFS_A Rookie
9: Bloom + Matticus
13: OXY_TheCrimsonBlur + BurgersPHD
13: OXY_Wieners + Lobo
13: Hulka + Matt

Singles Bracket (76 total entrants, 24 man bracket)-

http://challonge.com/SmashSundaysSingles8

1: S2J (#2)
2: Fiction (#7)
3: Connor (#9)
4: Fly Amanita (#3)
5: OXY_SUNG666 (#13)
5: OXY_Westballz (#5)
7: MacD (#8)
7: Lucky (#4)
9: Tafokints (#12)
9: MikeHaze
9: HugS (#11)
9: SFS_Nips
13: DEHF
13: Sergio
13: SFS_A Rookie (#19)
13: Saca Su Moto
17: SFS_RCizzle
17: Squid
17: JoeJoe
17: Matticus
17: OXY_Dendy Pretendy
17: Lobo
17: Boss
17: Bardull

SacaSuMoto

Smash Journeyman
shoutouts because i don't want to start doing hw

Bracket peeps:
S2J (#2)- good job winning this one! it’s always fun talking with you, too bad we didn’t get to play. it’s awesome knowing that you were down to train me for the arcadian!
Connor (#9)- should’ve gone falcon the whole set ;ppppp LOL ggs gotta start playing with the top players more
Fly Amanita (#3)- LOL thanks for those matches fly, i’m still such a scrub against ICs.
OXY_SUNG666 (#13)- damn, i haven’t had that much trouble against a marth in a while ggs ! those were some really fun mms
OXY_Westballz (#5)- i can tell your mom jokes and make rebuttals all day too. too bad we didn’t get to finish our one and only match :[
MacD (#8)- beach beach beach beach beach. i’ve probably only gone to it like 4 times this year looool
Lucky (#4)- SUCH A FUN SET, probably the most fun tourney set i played all day. GGs i’ll get that batman next time!
Tafokints (#12)- laffy taffy
MikeHaze- GGs sooo salty dude look at that nice number 9 spot next to all the ranked players. i gotta stop getting upthrow upaired D: LOL
SFS_Nips- Out with the old and in with the new, it’s our time!
SFS_A Rookie (#19)- GGs i’ve seen plenty of times in tourney happy that i finally got a set win off! But will that be the same next time? also i have to learn how to DI mario’s combos LOLOL
Saca Su Moto- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4yzaikSZYI
SFS_RCizzle- good **** beating P and Lucky! idk how i got that win in the end.. LOL but im glad i did. are we 1-1 in sets now? lets play friendlies next time
Squid- THIS GUY WITH ALL THE TECH SKILL LOL xD fun friendlies, you’re ***** goood and consistant
JoeJoe- don’t let **** like that get to you next time. block it all out and play to win
Bardull- GGs i was actually worried about having to fight your falcon again

Pool peeps:
P- Good set, yeah i should’ve gone FoD but i want to try Dreamland just to see what it was like.
You were giving compliments during the set and i didn’t know how to respond at the time LOL
Jam(?) (Luigi guy)- good set, you were doing really good stuff. I hope to see you entering to tournaments more
The rest of pools- GGs keep improving.

special shoutouts:
BurgersPhD- thanks for driving man, that drive to the venue was amazing. life talks are always da bes. See you tomorrow!
Combofest- the scene is so different now compared to last year. i miss those days LOL good friendlies, you still got it man. see you at the arcadian
antopark- good **** coming out today, you and combo still have a perfect set record against me in tourney LOOOL i remember when you said all you wanted to do was to get good enough for people to not think you're free. start practicing LOL
Zeo- you're good dude, you can pull some big upsets at the arcadian and in SSS!

shoutouts to team-oxy for always running these tourneys and being better about not ending late

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Shoutouts

Thanks for another awesome tourney

S2J - Sorry, I blew chunks in teams. You're too good for winning singles though

People I played
MacD - Another close set, you clutched it though
Fly Amanita - I am slowly progressing. I remember 2 years ago when I got 4 stocked by you. Young Link was a terrible idea by me. I forgot you had a pocket sheik =/
Lucky - Too good for clutching me out
DETH - Samus vs sheik sucks
Boss - Watch Darc vs. Tope to see what i mean in the puff/sheik MU
Hairy_nips - We are getting closer, you needed to clutch g1, but good stuff

-tafo

Squidster

Smash Ace
Shoutouts
Really enjoyed myself at this tournament, ggs to everyone I played, I look forward to every tournament and they never disappoint.

Pools
Fiction – I had fun in our match, I felt like I was a little less overwhelmed this time around and was a little more successful at controlling your movement. Your rush down is too legit though, keep it up =]

Dendy – I was anticipating our match literally since the first SSS like 3 months ago or whatever. Crazy that it went to last stock last hit to determine it. Looking forward to our rematch somewhere deep in the Arcadian bracket :p

Studdmuffin – Rough pool for ya, you’re definitely on the cusp of getting out of pools at every tournament. You have an awesome mindset when it comes to this game and you’re basically the chilliest guy around. I’ll be cheering for you at every event!

Heisenberg – When we gonna cook again?

Smish – I don’t know how you felt about our set but I definitely saw improvement in your play. Especially at the start, you weren’t getting completely overwhelmed like in the friendliest we played at the last SSS. I felt like got a bit discouraged half way through the set. Stay confident and keep doing what you’re doing, you’re improving fast man!

Tear Bear – Good **** at taking a set off Dendy at your first melee tournament ever dude. Falco is a rough matchup for ganon but you were still really impressive for your first tourney
Falco player – I forget your name cause I suck at names =[ but ggs! My best piece of advise is to learn to love the game. Love to win, love to lose, love to practice, love to spam random techskill, love to watch the game. You definitely had the basics down and now you just need to refine refine refine and you’ll find yourself getting faster and faster. I’ll edit this post with your name and remember you for next tournament once pool results are posted!

Bracket
Westballz – You jerk for getting third seed and having to play me round 1. Haha I had fun in our set though. Hopefully I can force you to stick to falco in our future sets. When I played Hugs at this tournament I tried to implement some stuff you were talking about from Festizzios (like dairing in front of samus repeatedly) and it totally helped, haha. I love your style though, I’ll keep stealing your **** like westballz shines and stuff.

Hugs – Good **** taking a 5th set from me at SSSs now. I think I’m starting to understand the matchup more and how I have to play in order to get aggressive without getting punished hardcore, I just don’t quite have it down yet so I end up getting punished, getting scared and playing defensive. I’m adapting every time we play though, I’ll have my breakthrough soon haha.

Other
Bradl – Fun time hanging out with you the day before and the of the tourney. We totally choked it up round 1 of doubles but we kind of brought it back in losers. Good **** beating Kevin in pools and taking a match off larry! Too sick nasty.

Sacasumoto – Damn you had nice results at this tournament. Looking forward to our next set haha. Look at me, I can tilt into a bair :p

Rracizzle – Double falco teams is op! Good **** with da results man. We gotta keep that Falco collusion going strong man. Look forward to seeing you at every tournament, you’re hilarious man, haha.

Nips – 9th, aweeee sheet *squidlike arm movements*. You really are the Ash Ketchum of socal haha. Whenever I see you play you remind me that I need to continue practicing tech skill and not getting complacent. I watched your set with Joejoe and that honestly looked like destruction… Looking forward to getting a rematch with you at Arcadian, you seem to be improving at crazy rates.

Noel – Thanks again for the awesome smashfest on Saturday! Glad to see you made it out to SSS!

Boss – Good matches and good seeing you again man. Good **** on making out of pools, I know you had a death pool the last couple of SSSs haha.

Zhao (or something… falcon player who was in Bardl / Hugo / etc pool) – The saaaalt. Haha. You falcon is sick man, I hope I can play more than 1 friendly with you next time. Have confidence and stick to falcon next time in pools :p

Kiko - n00b. You’re like a hidden mini boss of socal. You better deliver at Arcadian man, lol. Also stop hating on the game.

Travis T – Travis TTTTT you totally had that game vs Arookie. I look over and see that you have a lead, walked away came back and found out you lost. Just like your set vs A1 man, you’ve got the potential for some big upsets in the near future!

Tafo - Squidward

Jago – Unchained! Good seeing you again, glad to have you in the car rides every tournaments!

Adonis – Sad to see that you didn’t make it out to this event, but I understand. I know you were getting frustrated with the game at the smashfest and I think it’s important to realize that and take a break before you burn yourself out. You’ve always been super dedicated to improving and I think when you get too focused on the goal you start to lose sight of why you loved the game and what brought you in in the first place.
I always thought that one of the most important lessons I learned form melee is the ability to enjoy losing. You play every match to improve and you don’t worry about the outcome. You have to give props to your opponent when you lose while still understanding that there are things you can do to improve. Don’t worry about how “fair” things are, don’t worry about “hard” things are etc. Play your game, analyze it a bit, and have fun with it. You still have that potential in you and if you can get the right mindset to motivate you without burning yourself out, you got nowhere to go but up! Hope to see you at the Arcadian next week!

Blur - Great tournament again! Thanks for hosting these, looking forward to your future events!

D

Deleted member

thanks to joey for getting drunk, had to win the tourney after that lol

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
POOLS

Ryo - Glad ta hear you're havin fun, hard life
Act1ve - Your bomb usage is funny, it was working pretty well against me actually
Fly_Amanita - Ggs, I'm changing up my whole game again
BurgersPHD - Marth is hard, but you know when you HAVE someone, so make sure you take advantage of that and not drop it
NowhereMan - Utilizing new tech, I like that. I think you're pretty good and I'm sure you play way better in friendlies. Have confidence in your ability
JumboChrist - Lol, ya dropped falco? Dying time for the character
Matticus - Looks like you're keepin true to your word... for now haha. I think your biggest problem is lack of punish, your combos are too weak think about using weak dairs, wavedashing out of shine everytime, make sure your executions are on point and really looking at which DI I'm using
SFS|A1 - Find safer ways to approach and better ways to defend yourself from approaches looking and reacting is super important so never commit to patterns be open to changes, you definitely have it in you to improve quickly just think about every little thing you could be doing better and not dropping punishes
Tater - Learn information, you did some good f tilts, hopefully you see this on smashboards. Knowledge is power!

BRACKET

Bardull - Oops I messed up, it's supposed to be 2-1. You have pretty good game sense and your edgeguarding was pretty good
RCizzle - Good stuff! Great mixups on your approaches and your full jump nairs were eating me alive
MacD - I think I played the marth version of MacD in our set. You're hilarious
Fiction - #Destruction I got a lot to think about
Connor - I see you know how to block. Shouldn't have been so stubborn with my play but next time though

OTHERS

SFS|A Rookie - You're amazing
That one fox guy who came from brawl - Totally forgot your name, but if you keep at it you'll be a really good player really fast
Tafokints - "You're amazing" - Tafokints
SacaSuMoto - Lookin good, ugh now you and JoeJoe are beatin my falco >_> what a terrible character LOL

Everyone else, yall already know ggs to all

BTW, anyone who wants to talk about anything/wants advice (from an okay player), just add me Sung Hyun Lee on facebook! or msg me on smashboards or w/e!

Smish

Smash Rookie
Squid: dude I got really pissed at all my SDs during out set ;__; Sorry I wasn't playing my best against you. I was really excited to play you again because I felt like I've improved but I guess I got carried away and ****ed up :p But GGs and next time I'll definitely have a better pika for you >:) But sick Falco as always. You wreck <3

StuddMuffin: Fun set dude! I feel like I'm on the verge of beating you. You're one of my short-term goals for sure so look out >:p But GGs and nice job man.

Fiction: Man I think you are my favorite Fox. Seriously. Amazing stuff in pools AND getting 2nd place. Also thanks for the advice on the overshooting with nair. That's definitely something I need to be more conscious of. Good stuff and hopefully we can play more in the future! :D

Dendy: **** I love playing with you so much <3. This is like the 3rd time we've had the same pool but I don't mind at all haha. Gives me something to work at! GGs as always dude.

Tear Bear: Good lord. That was your first tourney?! Good stuff man. You man Dendy salty as **** hahaha. Hope to play you again in the future!

Heisenberg: GGs dude. Keep working at dat Falcon. The only advice I can give is that you should probably shield more. You were getting hit by a LOT of my silly pika tricks that I think could have been avoided with a few carefully placed shields. You're new so prepare to get bodied for a while but that's the best way to learn so I hope to see you again soon!

Koopa Troopa: Nice job dude you straight up outplayed me. and I love the Mario MU too! I definitely learned a lot about how to fight Mario better. Good stuff man GGs

The Falco player whose name I also forgot: Good stuff. Basically just work on tech skill for a while until you're consistently L-canceling and shuffling those dairs perfectly. Falco is a strong character against Pikachu so keep working on it! But definitely good job for your first tourney I'd say. Keep it up! GGs

DETH: **** man that Samus is solid as hell. It's definitely a MU I want to work on and get more experience with so I hope we can play again more! Nice job dude. GGs those teams matches were funny as hell haha.

Noel: fun games as always. Glad to see you picked up Jiggs! :D Hope to see you at Arcadian!

MacD: no more sads pls

Connor: so proud <3

Blur: I'm stoked because this was the first time I got to stay for GFs :D. Nice job to all of OXY for getting this one to end so early. It's a long drive back for us so we usually have to leave really early in the bracket but I'm glad I got to take part in all the hype for once! yaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Zhao (or something… )
asdkjfdsaliuaewflo

Too busy to do full shoutouts, but shoutouts to the people I people I played with, the people I talked with, the people I didn't talk with, and the people I haven't even met.

Hell, shoutouts to everyone who went. Y'all ballin'

TravisT

Smash Apprentice
Pools

S2J: I can’t believe you remembered a scrub like me from years ago when I don’t remember us ever meeting, let alone playing. I thought the first time I’ve even seen you in person was at an SSS. Also, goddamn your combos are amazing, all it takes is one grab or hit and I might as well be getting wobbled. Thanks for giving us possibly the most hype grand finals we’ve had at an SSS so far.

A rookie: That was by far the most fun tournament set I’ve ever played. Sorry if I was too excited, I was just amazed that my Ganon janks were working, and then doubly amazed at all the hard reads you were getting on me to bring it back. This set made me realize that a big reason why I want to get better is so I can have more fun; this was way more fun than the first time I played you in pools and you wrecked me without trying. I just wish it didn’t end with me doing a dumb wizard’s foot offstage, but those who play me a lot would probably say that it’s a fitting end. I hope I get to meet you in bracket one day so I can see what you’re like when you’re trying from the start.

Lobo: Ah, I hated losing our set. I wonder if mid-tier mains in general hate losing dittos; there’s just something more personal about losing against “your” character. No johns, you’re definitely better than me, especially as you beat Crimson and I didn’t. Watching your set later, though, I was almost yelling at my monitor for you to dthrow → bair after you grabbed him at mid-high percents.

TheCrimsonBlur: I liked how you didn’t play around with your edgeguarding; I don’t think I once made it back to the stage when I was recovering if you were at the edge. Also, I really appreciate you getting these tournaments to end on time.

Hulka (I think I've got the name wrong here): Dude, you’re really solid considering this is your second melee tournament. Sorry I didn’t have any super helpful advice for you, but I really think you played the matchup well. You waited outside my range and punished me after I threw out moves, which is basically how everyone should play against Ganon, I think. I barely got by on wizard’s foot jank game 1, and I don’t remember how I won game 2.

Silva: Lol, I was seriously regretting picking FD after you did that death combo on my first stock and I was staring at a full stock deficit on game 3. Not to john for you, but after that, I think you mentally let up a little bit, which let me come back. Good games though, definitely a closer set than the first one we played.

J Cole: Watch out throwing out those dash attacks, it’s one of the few moves Ganon can really punish if you whiff; I was getting free stomps every time you missed one. I liked you chain-throwing, people are sometimes reluctant to abuse their matchup advantages.

RobotOperator: You’re definitely better than when I played you before. I was a little surprised you went to Battlefield though. (Did we play there both games?) I feel like it’s a pretty bad Luigi stage because he can get stuck under the stage recovering.

Other:

Squid: What can I say, I’m super pro at choking away leads.

Jago: I hope you weren’t bored playing my secondaries later on in friendlies, I was just getting burnt out on Ganon. Both of us are almost there to almost making it out of pools, lol.

Overall, really fun tournament. I can definitely feel myself getting better, even if I still got 5th in my pool as usual.

SFS_Nipz

Smash Rookie
1: S2J (#2 )-Good stuff winning the tournament like you said you were going to J I appreciate the tips and advice. Ill def be hitting you up for more friendlies and some training seshs soon.

2: Fiction (#7)- shepHARD!!!!! Thanks for the words of confidence man. It really means a lot coming from a great player that I respect. Very smart play coming from your fox against Johnny. Side note: good stuff beating me in falcon dittos those couple games. Won’t let that happen again LOL ^-^

3: Connor (#9)- One of my fav people to see at these events. Your peach is toooo stronk for me. Good job clutching out game 1. Unsure where I can improve in the match up vs you but I will figure it out soon so be ready. I’ve never eaten at Korean BBQ we have to grab some soon. Thanks again for the kind words and vote of confidence. Makes me feel really good about my falcon <3

4: Fly Amanita (#3)- I didn’t get a chance to watch any of your matches L sorry Fly. Always near the top tho J.

5: OXY_SUNG666 (#13)- Once again a solid placing from a solid player. I’m Happy that you are sticking with marth. It’s really enjoyable to watch. Wish I had more to say but I only saw your match vs RCizzle.
P.S. Don’t underestimate me sir or that will be your downfall!

5: OXY_Westballz (#5)- Suuuupp Dood ;) we have to play more at these. Don’t think we played at all the last two. Didn’t see your matches but you looked tired AF (as always) get some sleep, keep practicing, show people that falco isn’t a dead character.

7: MacD (#8)- Expose me harder….. lol good match man. You really really really punished my double jumps. Always a pleasure to see you, play you, hear your commentary J keep it up MacD

7: Lucky (#4)- DID I NOT TELL YOU!!!!! If it is not Nipz its Free for RC…. Lol I don’t think we have really played any friendlies at any of these. I do like your falcon its just not Hairy enough. Keep up the good work man! Look forward to my battle with Batman ;)

9: Tafokints (#12)- Hey TAFO!!! I really enjoyed our set this time around (Last time you destroyed me) Besides our match I Didn’t get a chance to watch any of your matches. Ill be sure to watch you more. It’s not creepy I promise. Always a pleasure to see you. Nice Shower curtains.

9: MikeHaze- Mike. Very nice showing. Didn’t get a chance to see any of the matches really. Words cannot explain how happy I am that you are back with melee. It’s really nice to see you at these events J. I only got to play you that one friendly the whole tourney but now you know not to go marth vs me LOL :p. See you near the top at Arcadian big guy!!

9: HugS (#11)- You can do better then 9th. Figure it out man you got this Hugo

9: SFS_Nips- Time to show the nonbelievers what is up….(looks at Sung) You have been masking your power level for long enough J

13: DEHF- Larry Larry Larry. 1-1. Always a pleasure to see you in tourney. Always hoping to play you in tourney because it’s a fun match up for me to try to get around. Keep up the good work man.
p.s. My rolling was really getting around your laser game because you don’t seem comfortable pressuring shield when I got close. Could be wrong.

13: Sergio- Didn’t even know you were here L sorry man. Good stuff tho

13: SFS_A Rookie (#19)- ROOOOKIEEEE! Love seeing you and having you cheer me on. Thanks for motivating me to come back and play one of my fav games J Don’t ever lose to Saca again….

13: Saca Su Moto- Good stuff beating two of my crew mates. Much improvement I see from you. Improve more you shall.

17: SFS_RCizzle- Lucky still thinks his falcon can beat you lol. Nice job making it close so we can take his money again LOL. Good job beating P and lucky in pools. Didn’t get a chance to watch many of your other matches. Should have killed Sung tho.

17: Squid- *Flails arms* Lol nice to see you Squid. Thanks for the priceless picture. Do work at arcadian man. You are almost there keep it up.

17: JoeJoe- Told you to practice you noob….. Better turn it up before I stop calling you my rival :p

17: Matticus- Nice to see you MATT!!!! Didn’t see or play you much. sorry

17: OXY_Dendy Pretendy- Close set against fiction big guy. Keep it up man your almost there.

POOLs: Very nice matches to all those I Played. Thanks for the cooperation we ran the pool really fast because of your help.

Too the falcon player that asked me to help show you what to practice sorry I never got the chance. Think your name was Matt. Add me on Fb (Jake Hefner) and ill share with you what I do.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Super late shoutouts...

First of all, congrats to everyone who beat me. RC, really proud of you. I have a mental block v you and I'm happy to see you capitalize on it. The loss will only make me better. There's no one I would rather lose to than you, though.

Congrats to that african-american Luigi who beat me in pools. I was not motivated, sure, but I also have a Luigi problem.

Sacasumoto, that was my fave set of the tourny. Your Sheik is really slick and you knocked me in my mouth with the 2-stock in match 1. I was legit shaken up. When I get nervous, though, I talk, and I'm glad my talk psyched you out and baited you into picking Dreamland ^.^. Your Sheik is really fast, but also has really solid spacing and tilt spam. Dtilt more and you'll be set.

Joey, thanks for owning me and being so gracious about it.

Ryan/Studmuffin, thanks for being my best friend at the tournament.

Ben, thanks for facing your fears. Jocelyn, thanks for the opportunity to get my counselor on =P.

Teaming with you, Ben, was honestly the most fun I've ever had in teams or this game. We have natural chemistry! You're getting scary good.

Sung and Dendy, thanks for the most fun I've ever had. That teams set was INTENSE, wasn't it?! Sung, you're a homie for not taking Ben's stock. Dendy, you're a homie for wanting to take that stock! Adam, you're an overexuberant prick for jumping at the opportunity to take that stock! Almost made a sick comeback at the end anyway, though.

Joey/your Falcon, fun teams set. I def choked, but no johns; you are really good at slowing down the match and making me think too much.

Thank you Shep for triggering improvement. I will mm your Falcon again next time.

I had my first bad tourny in a while, but I felt like I learned more than I ever had! Sorry, Fox; I won't betray you again. Sorry, Marth; I won't betray you again.

And thanks Shep for telling me about Fox's super long, incredibly intimidating dash dance. Makes me super confident v Puff!

Top Bottom