• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level|Up & Team OXY present: Super Smash Sundays @ Super Arcade! The 7th edition! Nov 3rd, 2013

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Nov 3rd, 2013 - Original Thread - Stream Archive
Teams Bracket (15 teams)-

http://challonge.com/SmashSundaysTeams7

1: Fiction + MacD
2: S2J + OXY_Westballz
3: Tafokints + ROFL
4: OXY_TheCrimsonBlur + Connor
5: Fly Amanita + P
5: Bardull + Squid
7: OXY_Sung666 + OXY_DendyPretendy
7: Boss + Deth
9: KoopaTroopa895 + SFS_A Rookie
9: Jackpot + SD_PikaZoo
9: OXY_2Jar + OXY_PracticeMan
9: Luigi + Larry
13: Zio + Nawnscents
13: O.K. Zero491 + Kirpew
13: San + Roku

Singles Bracket (64 total entrants, 24 man bracket)-

http://challonge.com/SmashSundaysSingles7

1: Lucky (#4)
2: S2J (#2)
3: Fly Amanita (#3)
4: Fiction (#7)
5: Connor (#9)
5: OXY_Westballz (#5)
7: HugS (#11)
7: OXY_Sung666 (#13)
9: OkamiBW (#10)
9: Tafokints (#12)
9: ROFL (#17)
9: DEHF
13: P
13: Alex19
13: SFS_Nips
13: SFS_A Rookie (#19)
17: MikeHaze
17: OXY_DendyPretendy
17: Luigi
17: Leeland
17: OXY_TheCrimsonBlur
17: Matticus
17: Lobo
17: Squid

Singles Pools (8 pools of 7-9, top 3 make it out) -
Pool 1

Pool 2

Pool 3

Pool 4

Pool 5

Pool 6

Pool 7

Pool 8

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Never do shoutouts but I gotta make an exception on this one:

Shoutouts to ROFL <3

ROFL is the best. Jumped my car after I left my lights on all tournament like a scrub.

What a homie.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Obviously this didn't matter and it looked like this SSS was the best run yet, but optimally one should fill all the wave 1 pools and leave the gaps in wave 2, and generally run bigger pools first.
Although, MikeHaze would be a seeded player so that still doesn't solve the problem of having to move around seeds, since it kind of forces you to screw over a would-be 3rd seed.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Shoutouts from Oxy_Zeo

Teams:

-Nawnscents: Sorry man, I definitely shoulda worked harder to hold onto my stocks and prevent all these nasty 2v1 situations. We definitely could have made it work, but I dunno. If we team again, I’ll work harder to pull my own weight.

-Squid/Bardull: GG’s! We got close, but you guys definitely edged us out. I saw some good teamwork from you guys. Hope to play y’all again soon.

-DEHF/DEHF’s teammate (don’t know your tag, sorry!): Damn you rocked me, GG’s. We should definitely play again soon Larry.

Pools:

-Don’t Touch Me Please: GG’s. Sorry about the 4-stock 2nd game, but you know how much us smashers work hard for that stuff haha. Also, if I was being a jerk to you in any way and ruined your experience, I’m sorry. It seemed like you were pretty unhappy after our set was done.

-BurgersPHD: GG’s. Ask around for Marth info, Socal is slowly but surely getting good Marths back into its scene.

-Roku: GG’s. Don’t get too mad about getting a hard pool or having to play against really good players in tournament. It’s not the placing that matters; it’s the experience that you get from playing. The only one you should really want to prove something to is yourself.

-Gosu_Engineer: GG’s. I want to say your Marth is getting places, but I’m not too confident in my Marth MU to say haha

-Leeland: GG’s. I was super salty after our set, but I want you to know that there’s no hard feelings involved. You deserved the win and you’re definitely a solid player (in my books, anyway), next time though I hope to put up more of a fight.

-ROFL: GG’s. Playing against your Luigi was definitely a new experience. It’s really friggin’ good. You’re also really cool to talk to. And you pretty much saved all of my car pool’s asses with those jumper cables. Thanks a lot for that, and I definitely hope to see you around again.

-Lucky: Don’t even really need to say anything. Good **** on winning another SSS, and I had a lot of fun in our pools matches even if they were markedly one-sided lol

Car Pool:

-Oxy_TheCrimsonBlur: The hero. Thank you so, so much for driving me and Sosa out to SSS. This was definitely one of the best run and I had a great time. Also, your Marth has definitely leveled up from what I last remembered of it. Definitely a strong contender for the Arcadian.

-Sosa: Sounds you had an excellent time, which is good to see. Also, seems like your Puff is doing work. Don’t take too much stock in taking stocks off good players though if you’re not beating a lot of people. Wait until you actually start consistently beating well known people, then you can definitely start bragging haha.

-Anthony: Couldn’t remember your tag, sorry :< It was cool talking with you though.

-Oxy_Wieners: Definitely got a lot better than I remembered. GG’s dude.

Misc.:

-Oxy_Sung666: Wish I got to play you more. You were absolutely destroying me by the end of the night. I’d write about it more, but it’d be all salt and johns. Great eye-opening games though, so I’m definitely gonna try to labwork more on the Marth MU when I got time.

-Oxy_Westballz: Always one of my favorite people to play against. Wish I could give you better games, but my Falcon’s not at that level yet.

-Sfs_A_Rookie: YOU LIED! We didn’t play at all :< I was trying to look for you after GF, but I guess you already left? Definitely wish we played, I have learned jack **** about how to play against Mario haha

-Sfs_Hairy_Nips: We didn’t play too many friendlies, but it was fun regardless. Always a great guy to be around, definitely hope to see you around.

-Pikazoo: GG’s, it was awesome getting to see you again and talking to you. You took my dollar fair and square, but now the salt lives haha. Hope to see you around dude.

-Matticus: Had an awesome time in friendlies. From the way you see your own play, seems like both of us have got a lot of work cut out for us. I got faith in you though, you definitely have what it takes. Definitely looking forward to the next time we play.

-s2johnny: Always awesome seeing you around dude. Truth be told, I wish I caught you on a friendly setup, because watching your Falcon always gives me **** ton of Falcon inspiration. Definitely nowhere near your level yet, but I’m working. Also, I was gonna show you shield dropping stuff, but it seems like you left pretty early after GF cuz I couldn’t find you anywhere. Anyway, I left a message on your FB about shield dropping if you ever see it, but I’m always down to show you when we play again.

Concluding Thoughts:

I am so incredibly happy this tournament ended so early. Bracket ended around 9:30 PM, and we left the venue around 11:00. I don’t know whether this was due to great TO’ing, great cooperation from players, good number of setups, or a combination of everything, but regardless if we could make this the standard for every SSS, I think it would make SSS absolutely amazing and a necessity for any Socal player to attend if they want to get better (before, it was kind of a time sink).

Also, I was definitely salty/tired deep into the night. If I was making a **** ton of johns or just being downright unpleasant in any way, I deeply apologize if I made an ass of myself. Getting whooped by a lot of people though has encouraged me to get better, and it helped expose a lot of parts of my game that were lacking.

Definitely looking to step up my game in the future.

If I forgot anyone, sorry, I'm a scrub :<

Until then, peace out guys.

Dodger

Smash Ace
First post in a long while. It feels good to be smashing and posting shout outs again.

-POOL 8-
HugS: Haha I *always* play you! :-/. Tying four times in a row on RPS was funny. I think you 4,2 stocked me which is pretty typical. Ugh.

Nashun: GAH. I know I'll probably never beat you, but I was hoping to maybe take a game off you. Maybe some day. I think I did pretty good vs. you this time. Looking forward to teaming with you!

Charlie. We had a CLOSE SET. Nice Falcon dude.

Bosco: I was very sad when you switched to Marth. =P

Mike Haze. I couldn't believe it when I saw you had been written into our pool. Like it wasn't bad enough already? Acid pool.

Oops: I did not expect to 2-0 your Falco. You seemed like you weren't shining a lot though, that probably had a lot to do with it.

Bardull: I had fun in our set. THANKS for all the friendlies. I'd love to play your GDorf some time, even though I know I'll get bodied. (I really do like that match up.)

A Rookie: You are friggin hard to hit. yeesh. I'm glad I got to play you though. Your set vs. ROFL was a lot of fun to watch. The Ultimate Mario Bros battle!

- Non Pool -
Ryo: I love that DK man. I could play it all day long. Maybe even win a game or two!

Jago: We played a ton of friendlies which is awesome. I hope you didn't get too bored playing with me though.

Neighborhood P: Scare me off? Just 'cause you 4 stocked me last time? Haha nah, I'm used to it. =)

KirPew: Great talking to you, as usual. <(^_^)>

.Guy who was playing House of the Dead at the end of the tourney: You are amazing.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
the optimum way to handle the situation is take mikes money, add it to the pot, and DQ him for being late.
This is true.
In Norcal we used to (I don't know why we don't anymore) charge $5 extra to be put in late.
Cause everyone knows that TOs CAN put you in, it's just really annoying for us to do. So you have to motivate them to get there on time some other way.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Obviously this didn't matter and it looked like this SSS was the best run yet, but optimally one should fill all the wave 1 pools and leave the gaps in wave 2, and generally run bigger pools first.
Although, MikeHaze would be a seeded player so that still doesn't solve the problem of having to move around seeds, since it kind of forces you to screw over a would-be 3rd seed.

This is actually what ended up happening, lol. Fiction apparently didn't realize I was in that pool and put Mike in it. Presumably there were pools that could have used Mike as a third, possibly second seed. I don't have many complaints about it though since I doubt I would have won the tournament, albeit I certainly wouldn't have minded playing in bracket. TOs should definitely work to fix that in the near future though.

That aside, the tournament was very well run and ended on time in a very reasonable manner.

Shoutouts later.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Iono, i probably shouldn't even be seeded LOL. Haven't really played since 08 (other than like 2 tournaments), and even then i was never good or ranked in Melee.

It's my debut season really.

edit: sorry for being late unannounced by the way, I thought Huggies said he texted you that we would be late together :).

Shoutouts in a bit.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
This is actually what ended up happening, lol. Fiction apparently didn't realize I was in that pool and put Mike in it. Presumably there were pools that could have used Mike as a third, possibly second seed. I don't have many complaints about it though since I doubt I would have won the tournament, albeit I certainly wouldn't have minded playing in bracket. TOs should definitely work to fix that in the near future though.

That aside, the tournament was very well run and ended on time in a very reasonable manner.

Shoutouts later.

I wasn't putting anyone in the pools. Crimson quickly showed me 2 pools and asked me which one I thought Mike should be in. I saw Hugs/A Rookie in one and Lucky/ROFL in another, and said I'd wanna see him in the Hugs/A rookie pool. Crimson decided to go with that and put him there.

unknownPresence

Smash Ace
dont normally do shoutouts but this tourny kinda sparked something so thisll be kind of note and shoutout

for starters Leeland and ROFL:

both of you were undoubtedly the better players on that day, whether I could have won had i played slightly better and not made those one or two crucial mistakes is arguable. however the bottom line is losing to you two made me want to practice this game again and see what will happen. Another thing that happened which Im positive wasnt intentional but felt like salt in the wounds to me was talking a little to you guys later in the tourny and it seemed like you didnt even remember me in pools (again Im sure there was no intent on this and its just my ego there).

To the rest of my pool, I apologize for not playing against you guys. I was just pretty frustrated after those losses that I had to forfeit my remaining matches to keep my composure. I wont do that in the future for a number of reasons that do not need to be said.

DEHF/Larry - <3

Fiction - its always fun talking with you, everytime me you and larry converse its always about random things and i think thats great lol

Sung - its great to see how far youve come, ill be rooting for ya in the future

Crimson - Great tourny and lovin the efficiency

S2J - thanks for playing friendlies with me, just like larry i learn from every game i play with you

Fly - its always great talking to you, although i dont get to talk much about analysis with you its still enjoyable to play and talk with you when i get the chance

Most of the ppl i played friendlies with - it really is crazy to see how the mindset imo has changed for smash players nowadays. I could be completely wrong when I say this of course but it just seems the general mindset now is to play defensively which is so weird for me. It could be the fact that playing offensively has a higher risk to it than playing defensively, but man is it frustrating. Im either going to have to step it up to play/win the way I want to play/win or readjust my whole look on this game. Either way fun tourny and hopefully I'll be seeing everyone more often.

anyone i missed - sorry about that but keep on making this one of the best communities out there

BarDulL

Town Vampire
@Fiction - It sounded like you were more directly involved, mah apologies.

@Mike - Maybe, but I think beating Rookie and Fiction in tournament sets isn't something to be ignored...

Anyways, shoutouts:

Lucky (#4) - Too good.

S2J (#2) - Dude, you are a beast. I haven't watched the set between you and Lucky yet, but I know I'm going to be heartbroken at the end of the first set of GFs. :(

Fly Amanita (#3) - Fly, you are awesome, it's always fun talking with you at events. Kirby d-throw leading into a guaranteed rest is soooo dumb.

Fiction (#7) - You had some close calls early on but you pulled through, GJ. Keep it up dude!

Connor (#9) - Yo, YOU SICK NASTY BRO!

OXY_Westballz (#5) - It's always fun watching you play.

HugS (#11) - LMAO! Good set. I got bodied, but it was super funny breaking your shield. I was thinking to myself "man, even if I lose, I can still walk away saying I broke his shield" LOL! JK.

OXY_Sung666 (#13) - LOL I CAN READ YOUR EVERY MOVE SUNG! :trollface:

Tafokints (#12) - Puns OP.

ROFL (#17) - Fun commentating with you, hope we get to play at some point in tournament.

DEHF - Dawg, don't poke me like that again plz.

P - I definitely want to play you as well, I just don't like money matching. We can play a serious-mode set if we don't end up playing in bracket.

SFS_Nips - Lol, you avenged me vs. Mike HAHA. Good stuff dude.

SFS_A Rookie (#19) - Good set in pools, your Mario is too much.

MikeHaze - dafuq. You caught up really quick man, I need to play this game more often. I play like, once every two weeks prior to tournament...lol.

Matticus - Sup Matticus! You played pretty solidly based on what I've seen in the archives, GJ.

Lobo - So basically I'm not allowed to play Rammus, Urgot, and...****, I forget who else. LOL! GJ making it out and beating on people.

Squid -

Boss - LOL! Sung was getting mad in our team sets, haha. GGs in teams bracket, Game 1 was a tough break for you guys since we were very close to losing, game 2 was also rough.

Ziodyne/Nawnscents - GGs, I don't really remember our set but I know it was close for the most part.

Dodger - We will play the Ganon MU and the Mewtwo MU next time >:D.

KP - You legit, mang.

Crimson - More death pools pls.

Everyone else - TY for being awesome.

@Oxy as a whole - GJ to you guys and everyone involved in running this tournament, it was very quick compared to the other SSS events.

Squidster

Smash Ace
I was slightly disappointed in my performance but I think I learned something about mindset and how I should be approaching my matches. Awesome that this tournament ended so early and good seeing everyone again =]

Pools
Fiction – Really enjoyed our sets, definitely a wakeup call on a few of my habits. Things I do that I sometimes know people COULD punish but don’t, you punished hard, and you play quick enough that I have to make the adjustments without spending a lot time thinking about it. Really impressive play.

Sung – I’m really glad our set was recorded cause I felt dumb and lost against you this time for some reason and after watching our set I realize just how scared I was playing. Running away to top platforms, jumping 4-5 times in a row before coming down, approaching very rarely, etc. My combos were lacking cause I wasn’t playing confidently (ex: I’d shine you and instead of wavelanding on the platform I’d simple jump away or something…) Anyways, really nice play. You’ve now taken 3 sets from me, only bested by Hugs who has taken 4 from me.

Deth – Good match once again! I think you could beat me if you worked on your nerves a little bit. You seem to get nervous when you play me. You definitely can take games off of me, don’t come into it thinking that you aren’t the better player. I’m nervous when I play you to but it’s because we have close games. You had moments during the match where I thought “oh **** he just turned it on” and shortly after you’d say something like “ah I just can’t deal with you back air.” Have confidence! You’re really good! Oh and probably ban FD. Lol.

2jar – I definitely got nervous halfway through our set. You have a really strong punish game, but it’s definitely a tought matchup for luigi. Between lasers stopping your WD / down B and falco’s bair/utilt, its really hard for luigi to approach. That being said, you’re definitely improving and are on the rise, I’ll never sleep on you in pools or bracket. Good games.

Sosa – One of the most impressive showings for a first tournament. I know its not REALLY first tournament since you come from brawl, but you still are in that stage where it’s a new game and theres lot of learning to be done, which means you’ll improve REALLY quickly for the first few months. Hope to see you at more tournaments in the future!

MagnaDX – Good games, hope you looked at these games and got motivated instead of discouraged! I remember when I started going to tourneys there were no pools and I went 0-2 and out for my first 10 tournaments or so. All it takes to get good at this game is the enjoyment of playing. You definitely have the fundamentals down and if you keep at it, you got this =]

Bracket
Tafo – I enjoyed watching you tech chase me for 8 stocks straight. The approach game vs a sheik your level is really difficult but I’ll get there. I like the advise you had about what to do when you miss a tech chase but at the end of the day, I gotta get better at avoiding the tech chase getting started in the first place. Good games though. –Squidward.

P – Glad I finally got to play you, I’ve been wanting to for the past few SSS! We definitely had a great set. I was definitely aware of you going to dreamland with sheik but I think I hadn’t really thought out what my plan would be in that scenario. I’ll come more prepared next time we play and hopefully edge you out =]

Other
Blur – Great job with this tournament, looks like you got nothing but positive feedback this time around. You looked super intense host this time around, hope its not getting too stressful for yah aha.

Bardl – Times are tough for a young marth main. I feel like you’ve built up enough death pool karma that you should have ez mode pools the next couple tournaments. Anyways, good **** in teams, 5th place is the best we’ve done so far. I like the squidward pic too lol.

Nips – Good **** on beating Mike Haze. See you in grand finals of the arcadian.

Macd – Thanks for the tips vs peach, been getting frustrated in the matchup and I think you helped put things in perspective as far as how dumb I’m being at visualizing what is punishable and what isn’t. Also nice job on winning yet another teams tournament o_o

Studdmuffin – Nice talking to you, I really liked your advise for me about sheik’s shino stalling. Hope to see you around more.

Nawnsense – Really nice playing you! I’ve been wanting to play a peach for an extended amount of friendlies for awhile but haven’t got the chance to until yesterday. You definitely beat me more than I beat you and I’ll be working on improving my peach matchup in case we ever meet in tournament =]

Oops – I don’t think I’d played you before but I’ll definitely keep an eye out on your as an up and coming falco player. Us falco players gotta stick together! Lol

The other falco at that setup… Rio something? I forget… - Another up and coming falco player. You seem to have quite a bit of tech skill, just gotta focus on the efficiency a bit. Fun matches though, we played for quite awhile near the end of tournament and it was a good way to wind down haha.

The Pikachu player who’s tag I specifically asked for but always forget… smish or something? – You’re definitely getting pretty good man. I feel like every match we played you got at least 1 really sick combo / kill on me. Once you figure out how to get that consistency down a little bit you’re gonna be a real threat.

Scott Pilgrim – Nice matches, you’re definitely improving pretty rapidly. I have one tip for you which is something I noticed when watching you play someone else and you might know this already but drill is actually not safe on shield. I noticed you doing drill -> shine -> drill -> shine a couple times on people, just thought I’d mention it might be a good habit to switch into nair -> shine Either way, good **** on solidly taking games off of me. Frame
[LOL I linked brawl frame data cause I'm a noob. I don't have exact frame data on how unsafe it is on block, might be worth checking out if your curious.... @.@]

Great tournament, all of this is training for the Arcadian, everyone best be ready!

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Scott Pilgrim – Nice matches, you’re definitely improving pretty rapidly. I have one tip for you which is something I noticed when watching you play someone else and you might know this already but drill is actually not safe on shield, its -11 which means you can be shield grabbed before shine comes out. I noticed you doing drill -> shine -> drill -> shine a couple times on people, just thought I’d mention it might be a good habit to switch into nair -> shine (only -6 on block, not shield grabbable.) Either way, good **** on solidly taking games off of me. Frame Data source: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/foxs-updated-frame-data.285418/

Great tournament, all of this is training for the Arcadian, everyone best be ready!
Did you just link a Brawl Fox frame data thread?

Squidward

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
Really tired of this game ATM, doubt these shoutouts will be very positive.

Jermey (Fly): I'll prob team with someone else next tournament.

ROFL: GJ winning. I don't expect to lose to you ever again though

Connor: I'm going Marth next time

Jake: Now you know the difference between friendlies and tournament.

Rob (Okami): You're just an unhappy dude. I simply don't like you and I will go out of my way to never talk to you or otherwise devote any direct attention to you again, this shoutout excepted.

Expect some of the most brutal, insufferable, bitter jeers against you whenever I catch you in tournament versus anyone I even remotely like. It will be the kind of jeering that will make you want to fight me: personal, unreasonable and heinous. Trust me, my bad side is pure evil spite. Congratulations: you're on it.

Don't want people cheering against you/your friends? Here's a novel concept: get some friends of your own you joyless prick.

Luigi/Johnathan/Nashun: Super homie club <3

Wes: You really didn't wanna smoke me out

Arian: You jump too much, really easy to dash attack you.

Jeremy (Squid): You choked away that match. I was in no mood to play you and didn't take you very seriously; you definitely should've won.

KoopaTroopa: You're alright

McCain: Nice commentating/chatting with you

nawnscents

Smash Apprentice
Squid's too cool. Yeah we had some good matches man, I look forward to playing you next time. Glad to help you with the matchup (even though it's probably MacD's coaching -- I went from 3 stocking you to you 3 stocking me after a brief intermission haha).

zeo no problem man, I know you haven't played in a while but you still did well.

Okami, I pray to the smash gods I'm not in your pool next time. Playing you, on top of Sheik being my worst matchup, never bodes well for me.. but I do learn a little every time so good.

Same goes for Sung^. I def need Sheik lessons...

Adam - You never responded to my text but I couldn't make it Saturday, got dragged into family stuff. During our set you made a very strong case for training though, I'm definitely considering it in the future if the opportunity arises.

MikeHaze is the homie. Let's play before the next one man. Same goes for 2jar, Practiceman, Oops, anyone in the area really..

Jackpot and Studmuffin are always super chill. I got you back next time x2 Ryan.

Dendy's ****ing awesome, thanks for driving dude, we haven't played since KoC2 but I'm not exactly looking forward to playing Puff. You Sung Oops and Wes made for a chill car ride both there and back. That goddamn 10 freeway, though....

S2J - Always good seeing you. Like I told Ryan, I'll come more equipped next time. Hope the Bubba was good, but man that set(s) with Lucky were crazy.

Matticus - our sets get closer and closer every time haha

Leeland - The homie! good seeing you man, come up from SD more often. Next time bring more UCSD with you haha.. those guys never come out man -_- good games too, good stuff on making it out

Jake/HairyNipz - Good set man. That last game was close. I really wanted to make it out this time too... good job on the tiebreaker though you're the better player and it showed game 3.

I've been to 2, and this is the second SSS in a row I've been on the border of making it out of pools, with the end result being decided by literally one game. Hopefully I can practice more and either get better at Sheik and deal with it, or get semi-lucky and have a pool with like one Sheik.

I definitely forgot some people but shoutouts to you too. GJ OXY on ending the tourney relatively early also.

Rockleeland

Smash Rookie
I don't remember my last Smashboards account so I made a new one. SSS was my first tournament in two years and it was a great experience. I hope to bring more San Diego people to these tournaments as well. No one represents SD anymore.

Arian: This tournament was very organized and I'm surprised it was finished in such a timely manner. Good job TO.

Pool:
UnknownPresence: Our set was my first tournament play and I had lots of nerves coming in. I think our set could have gotten either way. It was definitely a close set!

OXY_Zeo: You have a really good falcon my man! I think those friendlies we had before the tournament helped me out tremendously and I know you meant no disrespect or anything of the sort! Let's play some more at the next SSS!

Roku: Ice climbers is a hard match up for shiek! It definitely was a good idea to go peach since they are a counter to Ics. If you need help with the match up I'm always willing to help out!

Dont'TouchMePlease: It's very nice to see a young link player! It was nice playing all those friendlies and our set as well.

BurgersPHD: Nice set my man! We didn't get to play friendlies at all but let's change that at the next tournament.

ROFL: Your luigi was really good. I don't play that match up a lot so it was really hard. You are a really good player and let's play some friendlies next tournament.

Lucky: You are super good. I'm not sure if you remember but I housed you for Pat's house in San Diego some years ago. Your spacing is amazing.

Bracket:
Luigi- Your falco is really fast and those f-smashes were catching me off guard. Good set.

S2J: You are a really chill dude. Good set and I learned a lot after our matches.

A Rookie: I didn't know what to do against mario haha. Hopefully next time our set is closer!

Car:

Charles, Alan, and Bryan: It was tight making the trip up. Everyone was dead on the ride back but overall it was a fun trip!

Miguel: Dude it was nice playing firendlies with you again! It's been a while and let's chill more often!

GG everyone!

SacaSuMoto

Smash Journeyman
It's interesting to see how the pool seedings might look if the top 10 ranked players were not there.
Excited for the Arcadian and the next SSS.

SFS_Nipz

Smash Rookie
1: Lucky (#4) - Congrats on your 3rd win in a row big man. Making a big splash and showing people what a beast you are. We never played friendlies blah but we shall next time. Keep up the good work man. So much fun watching your technical yet smart play. <3

2: S2J (#2) - Johnny!! The more I see you the nicer you get with each time. Your falcon is looking so crisp and amazing. Definetly something for me to strive towards. Good **** as always and great play.

3: Fly Amanita (#3) - Nice to see you again as always Fly. Didnt get to watch any of your matches or play against you at all. As always solid placing doe. See you next time :)

4: Fiction (#7) - shepHARD, I know you were disappointed with how you played but still really impressive. Our friendlies were really enjoyable and makes me miss going to riverside to get smashed on for hours. That look you gave me after that zero - death and then same look when you four stocked me had me rolling. GOod **** man. NIce to see you Sir <3

5: Connor (#9) - Currently one of my fav people to see at these events. The few matches i got in with you were super fun. Thanks for the words of encouragement Connor it really means a lot coming froom such a strong player as yourself. Hope to play more with you at teh next one Bro.

5: OXY_Westballz (#5) - WESTBALLLLLZ !!!! Dude fun set as always. Your play is fun to watch and even more fun to play against. <3 i want to see better placings from you cuz we all know you have it in you. Get some freaking sleep. Try hard and show everyone whats up :p

7: HugS (#11) - DIdnt get a chance to play you or talk really. Saw a few matches and impressive as always. SOrry you didnt have your controller man :(

7: OXY_Sung666 (#13) - I really really really really like you as a marth main. I think it fits and is the most enjoyable charcter to watch you play IMO. Good stuff from what I saw. Those Hax dashes to ledge with marth looked sooooooo good. See you next time and save me some friendlies <3

9: OkamiBW (#10) - Mr okami, you sir are such a fun person to play against. Solid punishes on my overextensions. Getting closer and closer to gettting that shiek match up on lock tho so beware your on my list :) Good to see you buddy!

9: Tafokints (#12) - Didnt see you play or play you sorry :(

9: ROFL (#17) - Da best. Watching your matches is fun cuz i never know whats going down next. OUr friendlies were good even tho im salty your marth kept beating me -_-. keep it up bro and never change :) look forward to seeing you and cheering for you at the next one.

9: DEHF - Good **** son. You destroyed me (4 stock) on one of my fav levels. Your zoning and control is too good and i promise ill step it up against you. . Thanks for beating pretendy so i got to play you lol :) see you next time Larry.

13: P - ADAM making me eat my words spoonful by spoonful. Good **** in our pools match man. SOlid play and respect on a whole nother level. Always a pleasure to see you in person. <3 909 toooo stronk. Try to be as nice online as you are in person plz !!! <3 trash talk is for trashy people unless its friendly trash talk then its all fun and games

13: Alex19 - DIdnt see you or play you sorry man :(

13: SFS_Nips - I expected more from you scrub.

13: SFS_A Rookie (#19) - Beating HUGS man too good. That combo on mike was disgusting :). always a fav to watch and looking forward to watching you beasting the PR with Mario. See you in top 10 soon man.

17: MikeHaze - Fun set against you Mike. You keep getting more and more technical every time i see you. I was afraid the whole match to go anywhere near the ledge with you. A pleasure to see and play you :) Keep up the good work bro. See you next SSS

17: OXY_DendyPretendy- DIdnt see you play or play you man. BUt as always good to see you BUddy.

17: Luigi - NIce seeing you man. Been too long. Hope you come to the next one so we get a chance to play.

17: Leeland - DIdnt see you play and not sure if i met you sorry :(

17: OXY_TheCrimsonBlur - TCB for Top 10, I see improvement man!! keep it up bro. You are the homie and one of the people i want to see make it to the top. See you next time Blur :) <3 :) <3 Good looking out. I appreciate it more then you know.

17: Matticus - I never got my 40 min of friendlies :( lol You owe me next time fool

17: Lobo - SOrry Falcon is too good against gannon. Try not to shield and roll so much next time man. Just makes me more confident while playing against you. Gannon is too strong when he locks you down and you were playing to scared to swing. Nice seeing you.

17: Squid - *Flails arms* good to see you 3 way rival :p we didnt really play much at all and didnt get to see your matches. I will make sure to change that next time.

POOLS: enjoyed my matches with everyone. Especially Nawncents. unsure on spelling. Thought you had me a few times man. GOod matches and look forward to next time.

SPeCiAL shoutouts to Bardull for being so freaking cool. sorry for being an ass to you after losing to Larry. Was just super salty and you dont deserve that lvl of disrespect. We didnt get to play friendlies at all and i wish we had. Play me next time man <3 also sorry you got in that super stacked pool lol. next time just beat them all :)

Socal is too cool. Look forward to leveling up with you guys and playing next time. SEEE YOU GUYS THEN.

p.s sorry my writing blows and may be hard to read

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
POOLS

Squid: I watched the set again and it being dumb was the only thing I could think of. I mean...I felt like you just lost instead of me winning. I don't think it's about approaching more but it's definitely about being confident with anything you do. If you're plannin on doin somethin, just go for it or don't do it at all. Don't hesitate cause you'll lose your opportunity. But man your edgeguarding is actually nonexistent LOL!

Fiction: Ggs! Thanks for the kind words. That ending shine was amazing.

OXY_2Jar: Again thanks sooo much for helping out with runnin the tournament I really appreciate it. Man, I feel like you've been in my pool like every time. Close once again. That misfire kill sniff I always forget about the misfire. Unfortunately, it was an annoying set...FLY MVP!

Deth: I think you def leveled up. Made it real close. I definitely looked like a fool everytime you hit me with wd back f smash.

Sosa: Do whatever ya want :] Can't wait to see whatever ya cook up for the next tourney.

Magna DX: Cool name, definitely down to play with ya a lot more next time! Learning about what to do after d throw against all the characters (and % dependance) is super important. Hope ta seeya around.

BRACKET

Lobo: Ganon ;_; You should definitely think about approaching better, I think you pretty much have to utilize some tricky movement/full wavelands to hit marth (or other top tiers like sheik too).

HugS: After the first game, which you embarrassed me in, I DD'd more to bait out f tilts/missiles, then I could grab or space fairs. Also to move in real close and shield you might mis space your f tilt/jab which I can shield grab/fair oos. The ledge drop reverse waveland edgehog faked me out hard. Dang sucks if you didn't have your controller just forget whatever I said.

Lucky: Fun set, soft uair to a 2nd uair was sick. Good combos too.

Tafokints: Ya totally gave me that 2nd game...and maybe the 3rd one too...I feel like you felt sorry for me after the first game or maybe that's just how are. Or maybe...it was the TOing and stuff, thanks a lot for helping out. Love your use of d tilts, I never used them when I was sheik. You're good at taking adv of awkward situations.

Connor: I gotta be way more solid mentally. That stitchface totally messed me up. Actually, all I could think about was how something similar happened to me v baka4moe mm... Ya juggle me good. We should both get top 3 next time.

OTHERS

OkamiBW: Yo thanks so much for helpin out! Winning is hard, I think I might have figured out some things but I'm not too sure atm... I think people don't really think about the mindgames. It's definitely an actual thing.

MacD: I loled when you said 'what the hell' on stream, idk just haven't heard that phrase in forever. I think I know what you mean when you weren't feelin it but instead of not entering I just enter to screw around which is probably a dumb thing to do.

ROFL: Super good. Definitely should be ranked higher can't wait to see how ya do next time.

OXY_Wieners: Fuuuu, I missed out watching your amazing dash dance... NEXT TIME FOR SURE though, I had to use all my free time to warm up as fast as possible.

Fly_Amanita: Did you conquer your inner demons?

P: You're really tired of this game but you're planning on goin to the next one? It's all about the heart and whatever choice you make I hope it's something you really want.

OXY_TheCrimsonBlur: I'm eagerly awaiting for some MOMENTS. Ya might play well in smashfests but tourney is where it counts, and that might mean to practice the morning of and getting every little edge you can get. I'll try to come in on time next time.

ZEO: Love ya man, you got some nice stuff FOR SURE. Can't wait to see ya destroy peeps in the next tourney!

Nawnscents: LOL that's freakin hilarious, pray to them smash gods man. Sheik is def hard but they love to jump a lot in that mu usually so think about how to best beat that. I think D tilt is good in the MU and whenever I play against a Peach I seem to get d tilted sometimes and then super combo'd afterwards. But on the real though just focus on edgeguarding sheik as well as possible.

OXY_Westballz: The combo conversions you do just blow my mind into pieces that not even all the king's men could put back together again.

Jackpot + PikaZoo: I actually couldn't believe the butter. How the heck...DID WE GET 2-0D!? WHAT THE FUDGE. I dunno how yall did it but ya must have leveled up hardcore or somethin. Props must handed good stuff. PikaZoo, you're a boss for drivin and bringin setups.

Boss + Bardull: If ya wanna MM, Dendy and I are always down earth core. Boss, I still don't believe it and I'm down to MM zelda v samus too next time. Bardull, you aint readin nothin you're an extremely lucky guy though I'll tell ya that much <3.

Leeland: Never heard of ya but ya made it out, which I can totally see after playin ya in teams doubles. Nice to know you're one of those guys who's lettin to throw down an MM. Love the confidence.

Matticus: For real one of these days Ima come over and give you the training I gave Jeez and make you a new man.

S2J: Your set with Dendy had me laughin hysterically out loud.

SFS_Nips: Down. Let's play a ton next time, I'm mad confident against falcons. Just ask Zeo LOL!

OXY_PracticeMan/OXY_Bosco/OXY_Oops: Yall are way cool.

Ggs everyone, to yall who I didn't give shoutouts for ya already know you're awesome. ESPECIALLY the commentators!

Morin0

Smash Lord
preface to shoutouts: I'm not too outspoken and I have trouble showing emotion, so I seem mad/serious all the time. So for those that I've played in tournament and friendlies, I had fun. (On the inside.)

Pool 1:
Okami: You remembering me brightened my day! I would like it very much if we could one day play for a few hours where you critique my play and give me advice accordingly.

P: Thanks for the words of encouragement during our matches. I'm a total n00b, and I suspect that you weren't giving it your all, but still, thanks for playing. Also, good stuff ensuring our pool ran as quickly as possible.

Nips: Dat Falcon. I got pwned in game 2. I'm an aspiring Falcon too.

Nawnscents: I remember seeing you around way back then in PacWest, and I remember you from various tournaments, but I couldn't put a name to your face. Now I know you're Nawnscents. Great Peach by the way.

Jago: I don't know how I won our set. I don't even play Falco. LOL.

Koopa: Hey! Great Mario. I remember you from the previous SSS where I played Falcon in our set. I dunno why I went Marth/Samus this time, but I remember doing better with Falcon. Thanks for the tip about DI.

Pdub: I think you not saying GGs or shaking my hand after I won our set threw me off like if I had a sudden lapse of memory and I somehow forgot about losing the 1st match, so our set wasn't over or something. Sorry.

Friendlies/MISC:
BOSS: Thanks for playing that long with me. I think most people would have left after just a few matches. lol. I had fun.

Guy who mains DK: I have like zero matchup knowledge with all those low tiers you played. Great matchup experience nonetheless.

Random people who asked to play and then left after a few matches: Thanks for playing!

s2j: Just like Okami, I would like to have a practice session with you. Even moreso than Okami because you and I both come from 64, and I need some TIPS on getting rid of some bad habits from 64.

Charles: It was great meeting you, man. I catched quite a few of your matches, and by the end of the day, I could tell your Falcon was warmed up by the way you were playing.

Leeland: Likewise with Charles, it was nice meeting you. You're pretty damn good. You're like a hidden gem in the scene of San Diego. Keep playing more and you're gonna be up there, dude.

Alan/Pikazoo: YOO. Thanks for the ride. Good stuff providing like 1/3rd of the setups for the tourney. LOL.

Sung: I keep wanting to say hi, but I don't. :(

Crimson: Thanks for hosting. :)

2Jar

Smash Rookie
Squid: Extremely fun set, I'm glad I was able to keep it competitive as opposed to last time, haha. your falco is too solid all around for me to handle right now, i need falcos that don't know that lasers stop everything. hopefully we play again soon, all of our games so far have been extremely entertaining.

Fiction: I wonder if we've set the record for most tournaments pooled together in a row, if not we're at least close to it by now. Good job destroying me as usual and thanks for you advice, any tips you have to give to me are more than welcome

OXY_Sung666: great set as usual, your DI is too good man, at least half of my smashes almost killed but then you ended up winning each game cause of it. next time i'll bring a fly swatter and go to town, haha

Deth: i've seen you around but haven't played you before, you were a much more solid samus than i was expecting (so far i've played hugs and then new players, good change of pace). i was definitely happy that you weren't ready for the luigi matchup round one but good **** keeping your cool and getting the next two, not sure why you go to yoshi's as samus but hey, whatever works

Sosa: i still find it hilarious that you chose peach and jiggs since you have brawl experience, great spacing btw. also, i couldn't stop laughing to myself when i found out you got like 9 rests on our top two seeds, great **** dude.

Magna DX: always great to see new faces, don't stop asking for advice, it's by far the best way to improve. im not sure about others but for me ask for advice before we play so that i can look for things, otherwise my short term memory kicks stuff out of my head ASAP, haha

Crimson: great job running the event at light speed, hopefully this is the new standard.

Bosco: i'm pretty hyped you finally made time to make another one of these, haha. hopefully we can get more practice in before hand next time.

Subway: Good **** letting me post up in your establishment so i could get homework done, outside of ROFL from what i've heard you are definitely MVP

HugS™

Smash Lord
Sorry to the guy who asked me for a friendly that I didn't play with.

I just lost a match and was upset, and I usually like to just think to myself right after. Bad timing, I'm normally a lot nicer and willing to play.

Smish

Smash Rookie
Okami: Dude I learned so much from playing you on Saturday you have no clue. That solid 45min-hour of playing we had was such a great mental exercise for me. Good to see you and talk to you again!

KirPewU/Tears: Nice to see you again! I think you're improving even though you didn't enter singles this time!

Matticus: I have a lot to learn about the Falco matchup, but thanks for being so supportive! Your advice about consistency with recovery and edgegaurding is definitely something I need to practice. We'll play some more next time! It was nice to see some improvement in my neutral game against you considering you 4-stocked me in pools a couple months ago haha. Good stuff.

Squid: Good **** dude. I'm desperately trying to get better at this matchup. Falco is overwhelming sometimes but learned a lot from our games! You're ****ing solid at your character and we should definitely play more! Also our matches on the rock of Kongo Jungle were hilarious and fun as hell hahaha. Nice to finally play with you!

Fiction: It was nice talking to you! Sorry we didn't get to play any matches, but next time for sure :) You're a cool dude and we share the same major :p

Nips: Always knew you had a sick falcon but it was great to finally play you! We definitely need to get more matches in for sure. Your movement tricks and stickywalking and **** are so entertaining haha.

Blur: I feel much less afraid of Marth now LOL. I got some much-needed matchup experience that I don't seem to get at tournaments. I had fun at McCain's and at Denny's talking with you! As always, you make a sick TO. And from what I can see you're improving a lot too! Good luck at Pound and Arcadian! I'll see you there.

Bardull: Holy **** I laughed so hard with you at the fest. That was maybe my favorite part of the night hahaha. I was so destroyed from my Okami session that all I wanted was to **** around and random you and Luigi ladder LOL. ****ing Hot Carl dude. Nice talking and laughing with you as always. Maybe one day I'll learn the Ganon matchup LOL.

and MAJOR shoutouts to MacD and Connor. I had an awesome Halloween and weekend with you guys.
Connor: Thanks for being my mentor for the week :p. But seriously you taught me a BUTTLOAD about the importance of grabs and how to lead into them. I feel like I've been looking at the game much more strategically from playing you for so long. I learned a LOT about adapting and handling your insane Fox pressure. Thanks for encouraging me to keep trying and playing well after I was discouraged in pools. You taught me so much this week! And thanks for the birthday wishes too <3

MacD: I know we didn't even get to play that much but I had a great time with you on Halloween and at your fest. You've been super friendly to me and I feel super welcomed by you (and Connor). Thanks for spending the weekend with some scrubs! And if you read this today (on the 6th) then HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!~~ <3

nublet06

Smash Lord
shoutouts to my pool. gg's everybody.

shoutouts blur and super arcade for the tournament.

shoutouts to Tafo for being too good. i really like our team, hope you enjoy it too. next time i wont waste time with luigi lol he just isnt fun in teams.

shoutouts to crimson and nips, i think i played the most friendlies with you two and friendlies are always fun.

shoutouts to koopa for actually money matching people

shoutouts to everybody i casted with on stream and the dude who ran the stream for putting marthfalcopro as connors name when he played against larry

thank you to lucky fly and wes for beating me. felt like i learned a lot.

shoutouts to P for giving me that bye in the middle of bracket and allowing me to place higher.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to ROFL for being an awesome teammate

Shoutouts to Sung/Fly/Okami for beating me

Shoutouts to anyone else i forgot =/

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
2 week late shoutouts because Wieners called me a *****:

Lucky (#4): GJ winning you da bess. Let's go to kbbq sometime ^^
S2J (#2): That immediate stand-up you do when you win a set is ****ing hilarious. You're so amazing.
Fly Amanita (#3): Great job this tournament :D It's always fun talking to you/watching matches with you lol
Fiction (#7): SHEPHARD. 80% of why this tournament was so fun for me. Thanks for the advice. Larry helped me realize you're a ****ed up guy LOOOL
OXY_Westballz (#5): We gonna wreck teams on Sunday dude!!!!!!
HugS (#11): Your controller is so bad LOOOOL
OXY_Sung666 (#13): You are amazing. I wanna see you finally break your walls and do it big at the next SSS
Tafokints (#12): You're hilarious LOL "much like in the bedroom, Hugo's shots are small and ineffective"
ROFL (#17): Absolute homie. Always fun talking to you.
DEHF: I can't believe we played like 3 times in tournament the past 2 SSSs LOL your style is so different, it throws me off everytime.
P: Our set was janky. Looking forward to playing with you more :)
Alex19: It was cool catching up with you dude. Sucks you had to play Joey and Hugo in bracket lol
SFS_Nips: Your clown getup was cute lol
SFS_A Rookie (#19): :D
MikeHaze: Mikebear I know you can do better than 17th place. C'mon.
OXY_DendyPretendy: Wedding day conflicts on Fountain of Dreams!!!!
Luigi: It was cool seeing you again. Let's play friendlies next time :D
OXY_TheCrimsonBlur: I wanna see you finally conquer EmoBlur. It'd make me really happy if you did ^_^ Let's keep training at smashfests dude. My Fox will make 4 stocking you part of the #statusquo
Lobo: You're as chill and fun as I thought you'd be. Hope to see you at more tournaments dude :)
Squid: You're so sick nasty bro.
Bardull: You are just like Squid. Sick nastyyyyyy
Smish: My favorite scrub <3 I hope my advice helped you. I also hope to see you on Sunday!!
Wieners: How do you go from almost beating me game 1 to getting 4 stocked game 2? C'MON DUUUUUDE
Boscoboy: <3 Hope LMU is treating you well. Let's hang out Sunday or Arcadian :)

To people I may have forgotten: <3 you guys

Top Bottom