• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level|Up & Team OXY present: Super Smash Sundays @ Super Arcade! The 18th edition! April 27th, 2014

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master

April 27th, 2014 - Original Thread - Stream Archive - Youtube
Teams Bracket (22 teams)-

http://oxy.challonge.com/SmashSundaysTeams18

1: Lucky + S2J
2: MIOM | SFAT + Jace
3: OXY_SUNG475 + OXY_DendyPretendy
4: OXY_Westballz + DEHF
5: CT MacD + Fiction
5: LiquidKen + SFS_A Rookie
7: Manatee + Peligro
7: EastCoast Jeff + Russel
9: OXY_TheCrimsonBlur + Matticus
9: OXY_Wieners + SFS_Khepri
9: [GLG] PikaZoo + Zeo
9: DNoz + Fallen Nova
13: Harvey Birdman + Nonsense
13: KumA + HD Bryan
13: PDub + Snip
13: G-Rat + Anto619
17: ResidentWaffle + Infinite
17: Fatomsk + Festizzio
17: Skeeter + Q
17: Cole + Heisenberg
17: Lange + Halkattraz
17: Josh + sin0

Singles Bracket (90 total entrants)-

http://oxy.challonge.com/SmashSundaysSingles18

Super Smash Sundays Singles 4-27-14
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
OXY_Westballz (#1)
2nd
Fiction (#4)
3rd
Lucky (#5)
4th
S2J (#3)
5th
HugS (#10)
5th
CT MacD (#6)
7th
LiquidKen (#13)
7th
SFAT
9th
East Coast Jeff
9th
Squid (#19)
9th
DEHF (#8)
9th
Jace
13th
Peligro
13th
ROFL (#14)
13th
Brandandorf
13th
SFS_A Rookie (#15)
17th
Festizzio
17th
OXY_DendyPretendy (#20)
17th
SFS_Khepri
17th
Zeo
17th
Infinite
17th
OXY_SUNG475 (#7)
17th
KoopaTroopa895
17th
Emerican

Last edited:

festizzio

Smash Champion
Great tournament! I feel like I learned so much and had so many close matches that I'm planning to do at least a little better next time. :) I wish I could have stayed for finals, but I work Monday mornings :(

Fatomsk/Paul: Thanks for teaming, wish we could have done better, I feel like I was messing up a lot :/. Keep practicing that tech skill!
Crimson: duuuuuuude that pools match, that was amazing. I wish I could have more sets like that, good freaking games man. Thanks for hosting what seems like a very difficult tournament to host properly, keep it up!
Fiction: I feel like you would have won if you had some pop tarts in your system, gotta have my pop...tarts. Gj though. I'll bring the pop tarts next time....maybe
Peligro: Good tournament set, that stitch at the end was salt on the wound! I'm starting to figure the game out a little more, hopefully I'll at least be able to take you to G3 next time :)
ROFL: Your Luigi has always been legendary, and such an inspiration. It's a pleasure getting to play you in tournament. Good games.
Emerican/Brett: Was great seeing you again! I'm glad to see so many familiar faces at these tournaments despite being out of the game for a while.
Jace: Your Falcon's sick, wish we could have played more. Gj getting 9th, and hopefully we can play again sometime! Hope you enjoyed your time in Cali.
S2J: As ruthless as always, I need to start capitalizing on the few openings I get against you, because you turn a jab into a stock. Ridiculous, GGs
Nonsense: I feel like this is becoming a pattern....if we play next SSS, it's going to be one of those rivalries, lol.

Can't wait for the videos to come out to see what I missed! Great tournament, looking forward to the next one! I'll definitely be bringing a set-up as well. Also glad that I was able to make it out of pools!

Last edited:

Dodger

Smash Ace
Birthday tourney shoutouts! (Yes, the 27th was my birthday.)

Festizzio: I thought you quit Pikachu for Marth? I'm glad to see you playing Pika again. And getting to the bracket even. I am incredibly jealous.
Lucky: UpB kills FOR THE WIN!
HugS: Don't take this the wrong way but I am ****ing tired of playing you in pools. =P
Infinite: Congrats on third in our pool!
DK Guy: I forgot your tag (again). Thanks for the doubles friendlies perhaps we should actually team in the future?
ROFL: It was fun playing you in doubles friendlies. I don't think I've played you 1v1 yet at an SSS but it'll probably happen eventually when you get put in a pool with HugS.

Crimson: Yikes, sorry about the technical difficulties. Thanks for all the work you do. I'd love to play you some time BUT YOU KEEP PUTTING ME IN A POOL WITH HUGS DAMMIT.

Last edited:

festizzio

Smash Champion
My tech skill with Pika was sooooo rusty I didn't think I'd ever get it back, but I realized that's not true! Yay Pikachu! Also Marth got very boring lol.

Fatomsk2

Smash Rookie
Great tournament! I feel like I learned so much and had so many close matches that I'm planning to do at least a little better next time. :) I wish I could have stayed for finals, but I work Monday mornings :(

Fatomsk/Paul: Thanks for teaming, wish we could have done better, I feel like I was messing up a lot :/. Keep practicing that tech skill!
Thanks, yeah my tech skill is really really stiff right now. I felt like I was the one bringing us down honestly, that was my first time entering doubles, and I didnt even remember how to take out a stock after dying, I felt so bad for that. Those games were fun though, and I totally appreciate you teaming with a scrub like me. Your pikachu was godly, you and that cpt falcon at that rotation kept stomping me :psycho:

Huge thanks to East Coast Jeff for the ride too

Last edited:

Ryofoong

Smash Rookie
Birthday tourney shoutouts! (Yes, the 27th was my birthday.)

DK Guy: I forgot your tag (again). Thanks for the doubles friendlies perhaps we should actually team in the future?
Our teams friendlies went soo bad. Do you remember all those 2 vs 1's that you totally had and could have won. You know, had I not lost 6 of our stocks. And played Roy?!

Dodger

Smash Ace
Hahaha we managed to eek out a couple victories, which is good enough for me. Just so long as you don't play Roy! XD

$ick

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to the Mario pool, wtf. I'm going to learn how to actually kill that ******. GGs gentlemen.

Super shoutouts to the homie Koji, some of the most fun I've had in teams. Always cool chillin.
Adam, see ya in a month meng, stay you.
Sung + Dendy - 3rd isn't 7th! Nice.
Miguel, Spurs vs Clips WF, see ya then, haha. GGs man, was fun.
Blurseph, as always, thanks for running these man. It's the pinacle of Socal Smash. Don't hate me for holding up your stream stars, I don't tie em down, I'm just charming. :D

I didn't even make bracket, but this was the most fun I've had at a tournament in a while. It might be because after I got Mario tossed, I got the chance to go all Sammus. Too legit.

Last edited:

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to Matticus who made me work for my 3rd seed placing.
Shoutouts to Ken and Sung. Both incredibly all-around good players. I'll beat you both in tournament one day.

Shoutouts to Squid for NARROWLY CLUTCHING OUT VICTORY AGAINST ME YET AGAIN (not really, he just beat me lol)
Shoutouts to EastCoastJeff, uh, we barely talked and that was literally the first time we've ever played but I rarely ever take losses well. MM me goddammit. For real though, nice playing with you.

Shoutouts to Pikazoo. We got ****ED by Sung/Dendy. I think if we played super good though, we coulda taken Ken/Rookie.

Shoutouts to SFAT for the random appearance, always nice seeing that dude.
Shoutouts to all the homies, pretty sure you guys know who you are <3

Shoutouts to Peter for the ride to SSS
Shoutouts to Crimson for letting me drive back
No shoutouts to Santa Monica, **** y'all for leaving me high and dry. For real though, I don't blame you guys too hard since I could've also done more to make sure we got our **** together.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Almost forgot about Super Arcade's bathroom, shoutout to those two huge spiders in there, I saw them last time and forgot to acknowledge them. Sorry bros!

Top Bottom