• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Level|Up & Team OXY present: Super Smash Sundays @ Super Arcade! Inaugural! Aug 11, 2013

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
August 11th, 2013 - Original Thread - Stream Archive (Part 1, Part 2)
Teams Bracket (19 teams)-
1: Tafokints + MioM.Mango
2: MacD + Connor
3: OXY.Westballz + Cool Kid
4: Hyprid + Fly Amanita​
5: Boss + Bizzarro Flame​
5: OXY.Sung666 + HugQ​
7: SacaSuMoto + DanteFox​
7: OXY.J666 + Jackpot​
9: Art + Mind Assassin​
9: RCizzle + SFS.Nips​
9: Peligro + Manatee​
9: Matticus + OXY.TheCrimsonBlur​
13: SFS.A Rookie + SFS.ToxicReflection​
13: Zero491 + Tokiya​
13: OXY.JeezImSoBored + Lobo​
13: Bryanism + Shook​
17: Matt Stein + Philip​
17: MMX + 2 Bit​
17: FoxyFox + Jose​
Singles Bracket (88 total)-
1: MioM.Mango
2: Fly Amanita
3: Lucky​
4: OXY.Westballz​
5: HugS​
5: CT MacD​
7: Hyprid​
7: OXY.Sung666​
9: Connor​
9: OXY.J666​
9: Rickety​
9: Fiction​
13: Boss​
13: SFS.Nips​
13: Squid​
13: Tafokints​
17: SFS.A Rookie​
17: HugQ​
17: OXY.TheCrimsonBlur​
17: Matticus​
17: RCizzle​
17: Cool Kid​
17: Lobo​
17: DanteFox​
25: Zero491​
25: DTR​
25: OXY.JeezImSoBored​
25: NASHUN​
25: Wolf​
25: Manatee​
25: Jerk​
25: Barduil​
33: Jackpot​
33: SacaSuMoto​
33: Mind Assassin​
33: Peligro​
Singles Pools (12 pools of 7-8, top 3 make it out) -
Pool 1
Pool 2​
Pool 3​
Pool 4

Pool 5​
Pool 6

Pool 7​
Pool 8

Pool 9​
Pool 10

Pool 11​
Pool 12

A-1

Smash Rookie
awesome tourney. we wanted numbers and we got them.

shout outs to team oxy for putting this together. blur, sung, j666, and jeeze.

shouts to all the people in my pool great matches a lot of them were close.

and shout to the the venue, that place was perfect. definitely next level of locals!!!

SFS! SFS! SFS!

DudeThat'sRape

Smash Rookie
Thanks for hosting this event Team Oxy. Although pools seemed like they were delayed for a couple hours it was all good. It was great to finally see a tournament hosted literally five minutes away from my house and if this is bi weekly expect me to be there again one more time before I head back to school. Thank you Alex Valle for helping host this as well.

Shout outs to

Bizzarroflame - It was nice getting to see you again one more time before you go back to SF. We had fun hanging out for the time being but it sucked that you weren't able to continue in bracket, I think everyone was curious of how you would've done. Also omg that breaking bad premiere!!!! Good luck with your second year in law school.

Gb - For being my bro and helping me train for the summer. If it werent for you i'm not sure if I would've placed 25th let alone make it out of pools

Connor - Thanks for being an awesome pools captain. It was great to actually play you in a tournament set. You actually did really good this tournament and I would'nt be surprised if you get back on that PR list.

Hugs - I'm newer to the smash scene so I've heard about how good you were. So it was great to actually play you when I thought I might have never had the chance.

Bryanism - That pools match between us was really intense. You have a pretty rad marth and falcon. Good job in beating me in that money match after out pools match tho. I hope there is no bad blood between us :)

Sacasumoto - Lol with the "YOAN" tag hahaha. We had a great set. I'm sorry I had to result to chaingrabbing. Once i'm in the tournament setting I have to do what I have to do to win. Btw say whats up to Yoan for me when you get back.

Jackpot - It was great to play you again soon after vegas. Your Sheik did pretty good against me and I was surprised that you actually went Link on the second match. Not to say your link isn't one of the best I played. If I don't see you or your bro again in the next one I'll most likely see you guys again come winter break.

HugQ - I was pretty excited to see that I was going to play you in bracket. I thought I might have taken at least a match off since we played each other so much at Eugine's. But your samus is way too good. Once I get more Samus training lets play again haha.

Renzio - Good matches in pools and in friendlies. Keep on practicing and you 'll get much better.

Fiction - To be quite frank I really did not want to play against you again since I got double three stocked at evo the second round of winners. You are by far the best fox player I played against and good job in four stocking me the first match. Hopefully we dont meet each other again on the second round in winners in the next tournament we attend haha.

Tafokints - I'm DTR not 2badsosad. Me bizzarro and my bro were laughing so bad haha. Hope to see you again at the next tournament I attend. I learn a lot when I watch you play your matches.

A rookie - DISRESPECT! It's always good to see you and too bad we didn't finish out match. I second Doc so I wanted to see how that did, but I could tell right away that it was not going to end well haha. I watched your match against tafokints and man that was a heart breaker. Hope to see you again next time.

Hyprid - You should second young link! nah im joking, but it was a great experience playing your marth and i guess your young link. Good luck back at SF. Hopefully we'll run into each other up north.

Sung666 - " Six, Nine .... Money Sign Money Sign " That was amazing. I was watching your marth and holy shiet it got much better since we played last time at Adam's I was able to take matches off then, but now when I see it... It makes me scared to even play it haha.

Boss - Good job getting so far in teams. You guys did amazing. It seemed as if you guys have been practicing teams for a while. If you guys can be a bit more coordinated and avoid getting hit my Bizzarro you guys could potentially win teams.

Mind Assassin - Thanks for inviting us to play over at your place every now and then. It was great to see you make it out of pools. Nice suit btw Bizzarro asked if that was you cause you looked all $wagged out haha.

Art - It was great getting to talk to you at jack in the box before our pools. Hopefully we can play at least one friendly before i head back to central.

CrimsonBlur - Thank you and Team oxy for hosting. It was so awesome. Perfect venue next to great boba haha. Thanks for being a great host. I just noticed this is my third tournament I went that you attended but I still haven't gotten to play you. Hopefully the next one!

mike watson

Smash Rookie
just want to take a few minutes to thank all the players who came out to our venue. hopefully you all had a great time and will continue to do so. i would like to ask you guys to also please give us some feedback as to how we did and what you would like to see improve in the near future. huge thanks to all who put this together and to all the bracket runners. your job is super important and it takes everyones help to make events happen. with all that said, i speak for myself and my brother alex valle, we greatly appreciate your business and support and hope to see a huge turnout next time around on august 25th!

feel free to follow us on twitter @SuperDojo to leave remarks and comments, drop us a msg on our Super Arcade facebook page, or email me at superdojoarcade@gmail.com

thanks again and see you all soon.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Mango - It was good seeing you again after a while. Good stuff being the best and I hope you have a good time in Ohio. Be the best boyfriend/dad ever, k? <33

Fly Amanita - Congrats on doing so well! It was nice seeing you again. We should definitely play/talk more; it's always fun talking to you about random things.

Lucky - Kbbq soon with Cathy!! ^___^ Glad to see you're still amazing at this game, you alcoholic.

OXY.Westballz - It was fun hanging out and talking to you on Saturday and Sunday. Hope you're having a good time working at Jamba lol Let me get at those discounts!!!!

HugS - Our two sets at this tournament were by far my favorite; you always bring out the best in whoever you're playing against dude. Thanks again for the advice. It was cool hanging out and talking to you on Saturday too lol.

CT MacD - Hostile Takeover too good. Your tech skill not so much. Step it up!!!! Thanks again for driving.

Hyprid - It was cool seeing you again after about a year. Good luck with your cello stuff, maybe one day you can play it at a tournament lolol

OXY.Sung666 - Great job running the tournament dude. We didn't really play much, let's change that next time! :D

OXY.J666 - Can't you read mister?!

Rickety - You are by far one of the nicest smashers I know. You're too adorable ^^ I'm glad we got to talk for a bit since the last time I talked to you was probably November. Hope you're having fun with Typh!

Fiction - You're still my favorite person to play Melee with ever. You play the Fox vs Peach match up incredibly well and idk if it's conceited to say this because we both think very similarly but you're a super smart player. Just gotta not let the nerves and thoughts get to you while you're playing. No more thinking "omg I'm gonna beat him :D" mid-set! That goes for the both of us hahaha.

Boss - Nice job beating HugQ, and playing that Zelda against HugS ;)

SFS.Nips - We barely talked but it was nice seeing you again.

Squid - I don't know how active you are with tournaments and stuff but nice performance dude! Keep it up :D

Tafokints - Your Fox usmash read on Stab is still by far my favorite moment on Saturday. It was cool hanging out with you, Tafo. Looking forward to seeing your DI tutorial on youtube!

SFS.A Rookie - I had no idea you were even at the tournament...LOL I would've definitely hit you up for some friendlies had I known you were there. Next time for sure!

HugQ - It was awesome talking to you about weight loss and working out after our set. I'll be sure to make some progress by the time we see each other again. Good luck at Berkeley and keep up with the fitness!

OXY.TheCrimsonBlur - Great job commentating and hosting this weekend. It was super fun hanging out with you :) Keep up the good work and losing weight! It's really inspiring to see your progress. Let's lose weight together; we got this dude!!!

DanteFox - It was cool that you and the other SB smashers made the trip down to this! We should play next time dude. I hear you're pretty good ^^

DTR - Nice meeting you at this. Very impressive performance for your second tournament; I definitely see potential in your Sheik! Hope to play you again soon :)

NASHUN - You're the best Nashun. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise <3 Invite me on League when I'm not afk pls LOL

Wolf - Was a pleasant surprise/blast from the past to see you at a tournament again! I hope this means you'll be going to more of these; SoCal could use some more Peach players :)

Manatee - We didn't really talk much but I saw your Puff play some and I can definitely say I saw some improvement in your gameplay. Good stuff dude :D

Bardull - It was cool hanging out and talking to you at the tournament on Saturday. I didn't know you even know you played Melee! Dat Puff that beat McCain was too good LOL

SacaSuMoto - Lol it was funny meeting you after recognizing you as "the guy that trash talked on Twitch stream" hahaha. I had a good time playing against you and I hope my advice was at least somewhat helpful. Sorry, I'm not very good at analyzing people's gameplay; it's something I'm still working on.

Peligro - I had no idea you were at this tournament D: Say hi next time!!

Boscoman - Good luck with finding a gift for your girl ;) It was awesome seeing you again and hanging out with you. You're like one of my favoritest smashers! Good luck with college and I hope you'll still find time to go to smash tournaments and hang out with me since I'll be going to more of them.

Weiners - I'm glad I finally got to meet you after seeing your name pop up sporadically throughout the past 9 months or so LOL You're a pretty chill guy, hope to see you at more tournaments!
DendyPretendy - We only played like two friendlies but good stuff haha I was definitely struggling with your Puff. I'm scared to ever face it in tournament D:
BizzaroFlame - It was a pleasure chatting with you a bit during my pool haha. Sorry you had to leave the tournament due to emergency :/ Hopefully I'll see you at the next one so we can play some friendlies!
TravisT - Nice seeing you again. I don't know how you don't get fed up with Ganon lol Definitely got respect for you for sticking to such a bad character (imo). Hopefully we'll get to play at smashfests in the OC whenever they happen :)
Bryanism - Another blast from the past! Was good hanging out with you on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you at the next one.

To the players that are just starting out - Please don't be afraid to ask for advice after your matches! Most everyone in the community is always willing to help out if you ask. Also, don't get discouraged if you're not doing well and/or getting destroyed. I speak from experience when I say that you're gonna get wrecked when you're first starting out; I went 0-2 at almost every tournament I went to for the first 2 years of my smash career. Just keep working at it and you'll eventually get better over time!
I spent like an hour doing these shout outs and I'm a little drunk so sorry if I forgot anyone LOOOOL

hugQ Cortex

Master
Shoutout: CRIMSON -
You were such a **** to me on sat
You've gotten so hollywood on us
I miss the ol innocent happy go lucky crimson of days past
who wouldn't get pissy over little things
such as me stealing your color in friendlies
or you snapping at me for being a homie and offering you a free tv

<3
but seriously quit it

More shoutouts to come :D

SUNG666

Smash Ace
LA, CA (Glendale) Hook me up if ya wanna smash
Shoutouts

First off, thanks to LevelUp for letting us use their venue and having amazing high quality streaming. We'll see if we can keep up these biweeklies. Sorry for staying over the time limit by a lot and we're making sure to better ourselves for running the next event.

Special thanks to everyone who helped Crimson and I run the tournament (all the pool captains, sacasumoto, hyprid, all the commentators as well).

And thanks to the unsung heroes aka people who brought TVs and setups, NOTHING could be done without them and I was thoroughly shocked and insanely happy that we were able to bring the max amount of TVs. SoCal delivered. Thank yall so much.

-=POOLS=-

This may be a little less than what I usually write since I wasn't paying too much attention to who I was playing (was TOing) so I just came, played my matches, and left, sorry about that. Anyway pools were really fun and I love seeing people wanting to get better at melee.

Squid - I did so many wavedash oos f smashes on you. Your shield pressure was pretty much the same throughout and you didn't really use double shine/shine jc grab/shine instant rising aerial so everytime you shined me I just wd oos and f smash tippered you. Also your lhdl are pretty high ;P

Boss - Cool set, I'd be careful trying to grab the ledge cause Jiggs can't really sweet spot and I can just time my d tilt to hit you. Your edgeguarding was pretty good on me. Thanks for being the pool captain.

GB - It feels like you have so much confidence when you play. Even though your reads didn't work too often you did them without hesitation and that's always a good thing for your mentality. DI away from F throw haha.

Art - I got you with a lot of throw mixups (at low % I would f throw dash u throw then d throw then f/d smash cause you would always miss the tech) if you press L to tech from the u throw you won't be able to tech for another 40 frames. Also you seem to shoot very unsafe/predictable lasers. Once we enter a certain distance between us I just know you would want to laser so I just wavedash tipper your beak, or sometimes you would just shoot one within my tipper range and I'd just f smash you anyway. Falcos never realize how vulnerable they are when you shl and the way to mask when you shl is to dash dance and mix up when you shoot and when you approach.

Austin - DI out of f throws (down+away), I got too many f throw into sh fair -> sh uair -> sh nair and that should pretty much never happen. Usually you should use u throw and see how they react, you can just sh uair immediately if they don't dj and if they do then just track it and wait and then hit him. Other than that I'd be careful about throwing out aerials, if you're going to throw one out make sure you either hit them or you're at a place where you can't get punished by an f smash or something.

SFS_ToxicReflection - You definitely do some legit stuff and you did some nice delayed aerials into dashes on me props. Gotta learn your bread and butter combos though and what % you can do them on. U throw dash instant sh uairs and knowing your combo trees (there are a lot of informative combo posts on the falcon index thread) everything else is up to your execution.

To all the falcos: Illusion shorten is extremely good :] I would have been a LOT harder for me to edgeguard yall if yall did that

-=BRACKET=-

Philip - Even though you being in bracket was a mistake it was still fun playin ya. At low % the marth f throw to f throw doesn't work if you DI away and buffer (holding shield + a direction on the c-stick) a spotdodge or roll. It was pretty easy for me to get hits in and the best way to solve that is to be careful of missing an aerial (whether from a shffl or from dropping through a platform) and shooting vulnerable lasers. If you mixed up your approaches more (with laser and with dash dancing) then you can go in when your angle of attack is favorable to you or if you bait out a preemptive attack from them (like a sh fair) then you can just dash back and shffl hit them or something.

Wolf - Ya gotta DI away from combos :] Sorry about the misunderstanding with the bracket entry I have no clue how that happened (and I entered in all the names so I'm the one to blame). You seem like a nice guy, definitely hope to see you around in more tournaments. Also, turnips against marth is really effective or else he'll just run circles around you and it'll be really hard to approach him.

OXY_J666 - Baited out too many grabs from you. You track my air movement pretty well. Anyway gj breaking hyprid's shield (wish I coulda seen it). OMG you beat SFS_Nips AND Matticus!? Dang nice dude movin up in the world.

Fly Amanita - You're too good. I hope you've been wobbling >:] Ya read me pretty hard on my jumps and spotdodges again. Good stuff making it to grand finals thanks for coming and commentating I really like your commentary I'm glad you were finally loud enough for me to hear it haha.

Rickety - Wow you are so amazing. I don't remember which stage it was on but you were making the most amazing comeback and did the sickest zero to death on me, your precision with tipper u smash is godlike. Great reads on my tech rolls but it seems like you preemptively do things a lot instead of reacting (and I know you can react well) for instance u smashing in place from a d throw or running up and d smashing. Your neutral game on me is really scary you actually relied on getting a lot of powershields you must have confidence on confidence to do that. And your shield grabs were so fast no hesitation and you beat coolkid!? Good stuff.

OXY_Westballz - Dude I'm totally sorry about not waking you up I was so preoccupied with TO stuff. When you were tech chasing me I thought you were never going to screw up haha. Have fun in vegas!

-=Others=-

OXY_TheCrimsonBlur - Good work with everything ya already know :]
SacaSuMoto - Yo thanks for helpin out, you're so adorable.
CT MacD - Collusion.
Hyprid - Man everytime I watch you play I think you're such a genius. Thanks for being a tape helper.
Connor - Yea let's play for sure! Definitely hope to seeya around in more tournaments.
Tafokints - Thanks for the setups and commentating, never stop those puns oh and don't forget to take notes.
SFS_A. Rookie - You're an amazing guy, your presence always enhances my experience.
HugQ - Not bad in teams. Oh and I didn't mention it to you but you were cryin and your nose was dripping too it looked like you were so focused on the match or something for that to happen LOL. I always love me some HugQ.
Matticus - You're so good! We'll definitely do 1v1s sometime.
Cool Kid - The coolest. Thanks for comin out I should visit SB on my break hmm.
SFS_Nips - I shoulda known only you would pinch someones nipples before they see you. It was great that you came and man I forgot how smooth your falcon was.
DanteFox - I'll beat you with my samus next time.
MMX - Freaking incredible game.
NASHUN - I've heard some war stories in this tournament. Get 4th seed, have one of the top 3 seeders leave the tournament, proceed to beat two awesome guys in bracket haha.
Jackpot - J777 is cute.
Mind Assassin - Comin in with those huge TVs and that suit. Oozing with swag.
Manatee - Yay Manatee!
OXY_Wieners - Hard bracket daaang and why are you so good at the falcon match up what the. Your dashes are actually amazing and you have awesome baits with your missed aerials.
Peligro - Always steppin up with them setups everyone in the world should be thanking you every time.
SFS_Dayman - Love seein ya around and wtf I heard you were 17?! Thanks for the support on my matches haha.
SFS_A1 - I tried some wobbling today in practice and it's extremely hard. Ya had a really hard pool but you're definitely improving ICs are sooo hard I'd never be able to play them.
SFS_Captain Fabulous - I absolutely love how you look when you play. You look extremely focused and you don't seem to joke around whenever we play, I love it. Everyone is fraudulent, I just happen to be a little less fraudulent then yall :p
Barduil - So good, thanks for comin hope ya didn't regret it. Keep it up and you'll def be ranked if you want.
Lobo - How'd you make it out of pools with a low tier?!
OXY_JeezImsoBored - Good stuff ya already know dash dance OP.
OXY_DendyPretendy - Woulda destroyed everyone if ya didn't have to leave early.
F1SHY - Finally came to somethin other than festizzios nice. I was watching some of your friendlies you do some amazing combos wow.
Wha? - Wha with a car = incredible things to come.
BoscoMAN - I still don't know which character you use so close to making it out mm.
BizzarroFlame - I didn't see your set with J666 but apparently it was hype. The set was super entertaining I woulda lost my mind if you had gotten that down b spike.
Renzio - This is such a sick tag.
A3P - Sorry you had to be in the same pool as Kirbs I didn't check the pools beforehand. Yall had the hardest pool for sure.
Kirbs - Definitely hope to seeya around more.

So thanks for comin out everyone, especially the newer players. Never give up, this game is ridiculously hard but it's so good. If you love the game it'll definitely be worth it. Seeyall at the next Super Arcade tournament!

Wieners

Smash Apprentice
Great tourney! Saw a lot of new faces and met/played some cool people this weekend! Played my best and I still couldn't make it out of pools. Guess that means I just need to get better! I hope I'm still not considered as free of a win as I was before.​
  • My Pool!
Fly Amanita - Good work on making top 3/not dropping a game in pools. I wanna see you take that 1st place over Mango someday!​
Manatee - Cool to meet you after playing LoL with you and talking to you lol. I enjoyed our pools matches!​
Maple - I learned after our pools match that you're supposed to pick a character before stage striking. You have so many good characters it scared me during stage striking! Luckily my character selection didn't really affect our matches. Had a lot of fun during our set!​
Mind Assassin - I should have played better is all I can really say. Hope to play you again in the future and redeem myself. I also hope you make it out next time!​
SFS_A1 - I'm pretty sure you already know this, but the way I played that matchup was so wrong and unsafe you could have easily wrecked my mistakes. Got you with a lot of downsmashes, and you didn't utilize wd oos as much as you could have. Master wd oos and you'll be golden imo.​
Matt Stein - I'd never seen you before but I'm glad you came! I was playing friendlies on the tv next to you and sometimes heard you talking. It sounds like you have a genuine interest in learning competitive play and I applaud you for actually entering singles. A lot of new players won't actually enter for fear of getting whooped, but you weren't scared :D. Hope some of the stuff I told you during our set stuck and I hope to see you show up to more tourneys and get better!​
  • The Homies!
SUUUUUUNG! - What a guy! I hope my trash talk didn't annoy you, it was all in good fun <3. Much thanks for answering my questions and giving me a ride. Someday your falcon won't 3 stock me, then 2, then even have a chance of beating me <3.

CRIMSON :D - Puttin in that TO/Commentator work. Couple people complaining about slow second round pools but we all know it won't happen next tourney. Your set with Coolkid was a heartbreaker.

DENDY - I'm so happy you're back! Had a ton of fun watching matches with you and I can't wait to hear you on the mic again.

JSeeeeeex - Dat disrespectful link. You did good but we both know you can do better. Get first next time aight?

Wes - You'll get him next time. GJ getting that money roll.

Rook - DAT MARIO THOUGH. I love that I can hear you no matter where I am in the venue. Cya soon :D

Saca - :kirby:

Dante - Good work dude, I heard some people talking about you and they respected your play.

Coolkid - Reppin SB to the fullest :)

Nips! - The return! Hope this wasn't a one and done thing. I missed that falcon.

Bosco - We didn't talk much this tourney loooool. Thanks for giving me a wheat thin.

Jackpot - Thanks for leaving the box of wheat thins so I could get one from Bosco >:D. Good job making it out of pools dude!

Dayman oh-aaaaaaah - Fun friendlies. Team OXY will get you outta pools though ;)

Cpt. Fab - You're a fraud.

Jeez - Thanks for the housing and that Pho recommendation. Good **** makin it out of pools dude. And in only 4 months!

Bizz - You said my tag with such emphasis. **** was hilarious. Sucks you had to leave early.

• Others!
Connor - Cool to finally meet you as well, hope to see you around more.MacD - Glad to meet you as well, enjoy that statue!
NASHUN - THAT KIRBY. That down b sliding off the platform brought back so much nostalgia :'). And the light shield swallowcides were filthy. Too good man.
Bardull - The clutch jiggs outta nowhere. Nice meeting you at the lounge and good job making it out of pools.
Peligro - Nice to meet you in person :D
Bryanism - You're a cool dude. Nice meeting you at the lounge and playing friendlies at the tourney.
Wha? - Quit playing that lame samus or you'll never make it out of pools lol.
HugQ - That burger looked delicious. Enjoyed watching your set with Wes.
THAT OHIO FALCO WHOS TAG I CAN'T REMEMBER - SHOW YOURSELF! I had a ton of fun in those friendlies and it's crazy that you remembered me lol. Hope to see you around.

Hope I didn't forget anyone and if I did I'm sorry! D: Cya next SSS!

Squidster

Smash Ace
Sung – Ah useful advice in your shoutout. I hadn’t played you in tourney in like… two years or something absurd and now you’re way better than me… Time to play catchup.
Boss – Good games, I’ll probably see you around at more smash fests and stuff. Hopefully you start hating falco a little less, lol.
GB – Great games with you! Really close set after you ****en 4 stocked me game 1, haha.
Matt Anderson – We had an intense set, great games!
Mango - I seriously love playing you in tourney, feels like theres so much to learn from you.
RC – Seriously my favorite set of this tournament. Really coulda gone either way. I love how we both just said “holy ****” as it ended. Hope to see you around at other tourneys!
Rickety - You gotta stop beating me up in tourney man. You are seriously the nicest guy in the world though so I can't really be mad, lol. Hope to see you at future tourneys!
Connor – Good to see you again! I’m just getting back into the scene now and gotta try to make up for lost time. I’ll be seeing you at smashfests and stuff I’m sure.
MacD – Good talking with you! Looks like we’re both coming back at the same time so we should meet again regularly now. Good luck with all the real life and stuff!
Crimson Blur – Didn’t really get to talk or play with you much but great event.
Hyprid – I forgot which day you’re leaving but I hope you make it to the next one before you have to leave for norcal again. I also have to play catchup with you now… you’ve gotten too good. Your reverse bair into dair combo vs nips was the sickest thing ever.
Nips – We didn’t play at all but nice seeing you again.
I'mterriblewithnamesbutthatnewfox/peachplayerguythatItalkedtoalot - Keep at it man! Good luck finding people to play with around you and remember to keep showing up at tourneys and keep learning! You have such solid fundamentals for this being your first tournament!
Sorry if I forgot anyone! Had so much fun at this tourney, definitely gonna be consistently showing up again!

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
It was really awesome seeing all the new players. I hope they come back. It is easy to get discouraged in this game, but that's why its so good. You build character; to be truly great you have to have the heart of a champion.

Shoutout: CRIMSON -
You were such a **** to me on sat
You've gotten so hollywood on us
I miss the ol innocent happy go lucky crimson of days past
who wouldn't get pissy over little things
such as me stealing your color in friendlies
or you snapping at me for being a homie and offering you a free tv

<3
but seriously quit it

More shoutouts to come :D
lol Hollywoooood

<3 Hugo

GMhyprid

Smash Apprentice
Fly- Thanks for teaming with me despite me not being the most reliable or consistent teammate. Good job on getting 2nd also.

Sung- We didn't play any singles or friendlies at all, which is too bad. I saw your match vs. Boss and liked your pivot Fsmashes, especially since I can't do that.

HugQ- I also wished we had played more. Our match in doubles was challenging.

J666- Playing you in tournament is always really hard. You seem to narrowly avoid so many of my attacks and I have to be really careful about not giving into my bad habits.

Connor: Good to see that you're going to tournaments again. You're still really good and if I'm lucky I'll run into you eventually in the rare case we're in the same room at the same time.

Hugs: You're too good. The longer I play you the more you destroy me, as it seems like you have a lot of depth to your adaptation. I look forward to seeing you do well at tournaments again.

Coolkid: As far as my shaky memory tells me, good stuff in your teams match against Fly and me.

SFSNips- It was an unfortunate ending to the second tournament match, but overall I enjoyed playing you both in tournament and friendlies. You do some really cool stuff and I can't afford to let my guard down against you.

DTR- I was impressed with how good your Sheik was in so little time. I hope we run into each other again.

Dendy- It's been a long time since I've seen you, and it was a pleasure talking with you.

Mango- Is it possible to beat you? I doubt almost every option I do against you because it feels like you'll choose the right counter every time.

MacD- Norcal, Irvine, and FD! I'm still afraid to play you in tournament and add another victory to your 1345-0 set count vs. me.

Squid- I hadn't seen you in over a year, but spending time with you was as fun as I remember and I hope to see you enter more tournaments. I'll be sure to talk even more about Marth's Usmash :p

Peligro: It was very nice of you to lend me your Melee disc for the tournament. It was probably some miracle that I remembered to give it back to you.

Crimson: Thank you for the work you put into hosting and commentating. It's good to see you're constantly improving in Melee too.

Bizzaro: It's too bad you had to leave early. However, your set with J666 was really hype and you kind of destroyed me and Fly in our first teams match.

Rickety: You're so nice, why should anyone root against you?

Lucky: It was awesome seeing you do well at this tourney. You're one of my favorite foxes to watch.

To those who asked me for advice: I enjoyed helping you guys, and I would be happy to answer more of your questions. Just remember that DD grab is ridiculously amazing.

Sorry if I forgot anyone.

Nashun

Smash Ace
hey that was fun

Connor: duuuuuuude im the best. no lie there's a dude called "gosu wartortle" and i totally thought that was you with a name change so i've been inviting him all this time. last night he took the invite and i was like FINALLY and he was like "what" and i was "hey guys this i connor" and he said "uhh this is chris" and i was like wtf is chris and we all had a good laugh and i found out he was some random that added me years and years ago in life.

Matt: Saw you sitting alone playing against computers, was glad to play a few sets. keep on keepin on!

MacD: MacDeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee(smash)

Mango: you're so good at this game geez

a rookie: man you're so fun to play against that was ricockulous

dendy: you're good too, you learned the matchup so fast. thanks for dropping/sorry you had to leave, i totally was just staying to hang out and all of a sudden i hear JACKPOT VS. NASHUN and i was like what i didn't make it out of pools but i DID and it was cuz you got tired or sleepy or bored or had other pressing issues

Pool 2: geegees

Top Bottom