• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

level of difficulty

Zapato007

Smash Rookie
I am a newish player looking to pick up falco how difficult is he?
(use a scale of 1 to 10 , 1 is easy and 10 is hard)

$.A.F.

Smash Journeyman
probably a fundamentals based character like Mario
Then Falco is a 6 or 7. You have to read di more on up throw/up tilt strings and he has a lot of combos and optimization. But once you get that down, he’s easy. He’s moderately difficult, but he’s no Ken or Icies

0rangu

Smash Rookie
He’s moderately difficult, but he’s no Ken or Icies
Wait, what's difficult about Ken? As someone who played Street Fighter before Smash I don't find him very hard. Is there some difficult tech I'm missing?

Last edited:

Coccinelle

Smash Apprentice
As a person who discovered Smash with ssbu I can provide a beginner perspective. I mostly play DK, Wolf and Falco, I would say Falco is the hardest of 3 to master. You need to learn combos, figure out aerial mobility and DI of your opponents. You also need to learn how to play off stage, it is a huge part of Falco game.
I would say Falco 7 compared to Wolf 5 and DK 3. And also Fox 8.

Last edited:

Coccinelle

Smash Apprentice
I am playing again with Falco because he looks so cool and I watched too many Trixx videos;)
I am still a bad and hardly improving smash player and there maybe more obvious picks for someone like me, because I want a character that is not too hard to master. However, I realize that Falco may be not that difficult once you get the hang of juggling with up air and following DI. Clearly it takes some practice but on the other hand Falco's game plan is pretty basic ; I think you can do pretty well once you have learnt how to keep your opponent in the air and a little bit of off stage game. My point is that Falco may require less variety than some characters but requires that you learn a very specific gameplay. His fundamentals seems to me a bit different than the rest of the cast.
What do you think about Falco difficulty? I am seriously practicing aerial combos and then I will figure out if I can achieve better results than with other characters that I like.

Last edited:
Top Bottom