• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's toast those Smashers! ~ Spyro Reignites Super Smash Brothers

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Who wants to kick some butt as a genuine dragon?

Not an imitation Fire/Flying Pokémon, not a bulbous-nose dino, not a cunning god of death, and certainly not a half-blood prince.
I'm talking about the only bonafide, high-flying, flash-frying, fleet-footed, sharp-horned and sharp-tongued little dragon with the right attitude to take on the best in Super Smash Bros.

Who else could it be but...

SPYRO

They say that big things come in small packages, and they don't come much bigger than Spyro the Dragon! This feisty little one-man army swooped into our hearts in 1998, restoring the Dragon Realms in his first of many conquests against the forces of evil.

Spyro can ride the wind on his dragon wings, gliding from on high to wherever he pleases. From there he can charge forward with reckless abandon, skewering whatever may confront him with his razor-sharp horns, or breathe red-hot flames to burn even the sturdiest obstacles to a crisp.

But if you think Spyro is just an ordinary dragon, just you wait and see what else he can do!

Spyro stands out from his draconian peers with incredible mastery over not one, but four styles of breath magic. When blazing a path through his enemies gets boring, Spyro can switch the form of his breath powers on the fly. Alongside fire, he can breathe high voltage electricity, blow a freezing gale of ice, or blast his foes with the raw power of earth. You'll never know what will come out of his mouth, be it a devastating elemental blast, or a shocking verbal takedown.

Why should he be in Smash?
Spyro was one of Sony's Playstation mascots of the 90s, alongside Crash Bandicoot. As such, he certainly is an iconic video game character. Of course, Spyro would probably have to come after Crash due to the fact that Crash is a bigger name historically and the factor that his remaster came first. However, the fact that Activision clearly want to push Classic Spyro helps him. There seems to be a Switch port in the works inadvertently leaked by Nintendo UK.

Spyro's iconic nature is further supported by his role in the Skylanders games. Like his design in that game or not, the Skylanders series is huge as it helped pioneer the whole toys to life concept that even juggernauts like Disney and Nintendo have hopped on the bandwagon towards. Nintendo even had let Activision use DK and Bowser in Skylanders games on Nintendo systems.

Spyro also offers unique moveset potential. By his body shape alone Spyro is unique, as quadrupeds are very rare in Smash. He also could offer plenty of fun gimmicks for an aerial based moveset.

Arguments against Spyro's Inclusion
1. He is not a big enough name
Well that is entirely subjective my friend. The original Spyro trilogy for PS1 sold close to 12 million units, not including digital rereleases. Skylanders also has been a multimillon dollar success. As such it is hard to say that he is "not big enough"
2. He is not relevant to Nintendo
2014 called. They want their arguements back. The fact that Cloud is in Smash proves that third parties are chosen by gaming merit.
3. He is not important enough in Japan
This is something that could hurt Spyro. While both the Classic Series and the Skylanders have preformed strongly abroad, Japanese sales are not as high. The Reignited Trilogy has not been announced for a Japanese release yet, although a Switch version also has not been announced yet but that is going to happen. International popularity will help Spyro greatly, especially if Crash makes it in as well.
4. He could not hold items/grab
See my moveset bellow.

Game Play Plan:
Midweight Aerial Powerhouse
Much like in his games, Spyro is all about the air, as seen with his Glide Mechanic. His glide mechanic works differently than glides do in Brawl. Spyro's glide is fixed in direction as soon as it initiates. You initiate his glide by holding the jump button and up on the control stick. The glide lasts for 4 seconds or until Spyro hits the ground, whichever comes first. Using the glide out of a single jump consumes Spyro's second jump. Spyro can attack while in a glide, leading to his main method of dealing damage. The key to using Spyro is to ensure one sets up for strong combos out of his glide, and use it to apply offensive pressure.

Note: this moveset mainly represents Classic Spyro in design and function.

Stats
Weight: 7/10 (high middleweight)
Walk Speed: 6/10 (Around Duck Hunt's)
Run Speed: 7/10 (Around Mario's)
Air Speed: 8/10 (Around Mario's)
Jump Height: 7/10 (Around Mario's)
Fall Speed: 8/10 (Around ZSS)
Size: A bit larger than Duck Hunt, his head w/ horns are around Mario's height
Crawl: No
Jumps: 2
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: Yes (climbing pose from 2 and 3)

Standard Attacks
Jab 1 - Spyro does a decently quick hit with his head forward (4%)
Jab 2 - Spyro follows up with a flip (5%), links into Jab 1
F Tilt - Sparx rushes forward as if to grab a gem, hitting the opponent (6%)
Up Tilt - Spyro does a hit upwards with his wings, sends foes up diagonally (7%)
Down Tilt - Spyro does a tail swipe in front of him, deceptively mediocre range but very fast (3%)
Dash Attack - Spyro lets loose a quick burst of flame while heading for a stop (9%)
U Smash - Spyro uses a burst of Ice breath above him, can freeze at higher percents (12-18%
F Smash - Spyro puffs forward with his signature flame breath attack within the series. It is a quick burst of flame that slightly pushes Spyro back, much like in the PS1 games. Hits about as far as Spyro is long. (13-19%)
D Smash - Spyro does a quick single spin while breathing electricity, striking both sides in turn (11-17%)
N Air - Spyro does a very fast vertical spin, hitting all around him, like Meta Knight's nair (6%), essential for his play style
F Air - Spyro unleashes a burst of flame in front of him (9%). This move is essential for Spyro's spacing, as it hits far (about as far as his Forward smash) without slowing or cancelling glide
B Air - Spyro rolls sideways, spinning like a drill. This move is great for ending his combos, and has a hitbox mostly focused around Spyro and behind him (7%)
U Air - Spyro hovers upwards slightly, as he would in 2 and 3, hitting four times above him with each wing flap(each hit does 2%, links into each other). This quick move slows his glide down and is great for positioning. One of spyro's key tools for glide combos
D Air - Spyro swings his rear legs forward, slowing down his glide like in his games, and kicks multiple times (7 hits for 2% each). This move is great for setting up for his glide combos.

Grabs and Throws
Grab - Sparx dashes forward and grabs the opponent, drawing them towards Spyro. Good range and speed, but slightly easier to escape
Pummel - Spyro blows embers onto his grabbed opponent, a very fast pummel that does .5% per hit. A single pummel hits multiple times
F Throw - Spyro chucks the opponent behind him and torches them (11%), a good kill move and Spyro's best kill throw
B Throw - Spyro buffers the opponent away with his wings (6%)
U Throw - Spyro headbutts the opponent upwards (8%)
D Throw - Spyro flips over the opponent and hits them down into the ground, launching himself into the air. Can be used to set up glide combos

Special Moves
Neutral B - Superflame
This move fires a single orb of Superflame, like in Spyro 2 or 3. These balls of fire travel a decent distance (about 2/3 of Final Destination), and deal 7%. The only issue is that while they travel decently fast, they deal very little shield damage, and Spyro can only fire two at a time before one fades away. This move is great for harassing foes at a distance, but is not a great camping tool due to its lack of spamability. It is also a potent edgeguarding tool.
Side B - Charging
Spyro enters an offensive dash, much like he does in his games. This charge is slow to turn around, but powerful offensively. Spyro's main use for this is conditioning foes to a responce and then charging into them. It is not the quickest move to cancel (think Bowser Jr's cart dash), but does have an offensive hit box upon ending. The move has armor on startup. Furthermore, like in the classic spyro games, one can jump while charging, which can lead to glide setups. A hit from charge deals 11%.
Up B - Whirlwind
Spyro jumps into a whirlwind from the classic games. While this move deals no damage, it does have a windbox, protecting Spyro (except from above). Spyro can use this move to edgeguard opponents with its windbox, though the windbox has a more moderate push. If Spyro has not already used his glide, he can use it after it finishes. The move deals no damage.
Down B - Headbash
The headbash is one of Spyro's most important kill moves. At first, it appears to be another subpar dive kick move. However, it is possible to combo into it through gliding combos if DI is read and predicted correctly. For example, by using Charge Jump>Glide>Up Air>Headbash, or another possible combo, you can lure out an opponent for a kill. The headbash does a spin (which does 4%), which links into his dive (which deal 10%). It also has a rising hitbox like Yoshi's grounded down B. Using this move right is key to good Spyro play. It has a lot of lag and is easy to punish, so comboing into it is essential.
Final Smash - Supercharge
Spyro harnesses the overwhelming power of the supercharge for his final smash. Spyro rushes forward while in supercharge until the player lets go of the B button. He can be turned around, but this is very hard to control. Supercharge spyro is immune to damage, and instantly pierces shields. It is possible to jump with the move, but it is hard to control. The speed of the move could very well lead ot a few untimely SDs, much like in the classic games.

Misc. Stuff
Taunt 1 - Spyro stands up on his back legs and declares the enemy to be "toast"
Taunt 2 - Spyro licks his paw while stroking his frills back
Taunt 3 - Sparx starts buzzing around Spyro, and he smiles and shakes his head

On Screen Appearance - Spyro flies in from the top and quickly springs into a battle pose

Victory 1 - Spyro headbutts a sheep and shakes off the impact while Sparx chases the resulting butterfly
Victory 2 - Spyro rides in on his skateboard and wipes out, but lands on all four feet and acts like he meant to do that
Victory 3 - Sparx grabs a purple gem for Spyro, who inspects the clarity with awe while lounging on a deckchair

Idle poses: Sparx flutters around Spyro, while Spyro looks around. Sometimes, he looks directly at the player.

Series Stage
Dragon Adventures

The basic idea of this looping stage is to represent all the classic games of the trilogy to the fullest extent. Therefore, this stage visits the levels from the title screens of each game in a fixed order, akin to Castle Siege. Gems appear in the background of each level, disappearing a few at a time with each successive visit.

The first stage visited is the Magic Crafters hub. Green Druids swing a pair of platforms back and forth at a slight angle, meeting in the center of the stage before drifting apart again. The main stage is flat, and about as wide as Smashville. Running amok in the background are blue egg thieves, and the signposter gnorc from the title screen, as well as a big gnorc and a shielded gnorc guarding a crystallised dragon.
Soon, an Orb materialises in the centre of the stage, summoning a portal that quickly engulfs the fighters.

The next stage is Skelos Badlands from Spyro 2. Here, the fight occurs atop the skull head, high above a pool of lava. However, the lava is purely a background detail, as the bottom blast zone is above the ground. The horns are not tilted up here as much, in order to provide ledges. The stage also is altered so that the plateaus and islands are in the background instead of just mountains. Lava lizards and cavemen run about in the background, fighting over shiny Orbs.
Three giant whirligigs appear from the sky to bring the fight to a new location.

The third stop is Fireworks Factory. Fighting occurs on the massive building in front of the moon, with one smaller tower added next to it on each edge. The stage is long and with two lowered platforms on each side. Fireworks go off in the sky above when a player is KO'd. In the background, Rhynoc ninjas attempt to steal a dragon egg from Agent 9, Sheila, and Gretel, and fail spectacularly.

A hot air balloon rises up from the ground and carries the fighters back to Magic Crafters, and the cycle repeats.

Stage Music
Title Screen (Spyro 1)
Dark Passage
Misty Bog
Toast
Gnasty's Theme
Glimmer/Title Screen
Skelos Badlands
Zephyr
Gulp's Overlook
Ripto's Theme
Sparx's Theme/Title Screen
Fireworks Factory
Molten Crater
Crystal Islands
Speedways
A Hero's Tail Medley

Credit to Yokta Yokta as the original OP who wrote most of the current op.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

This thread is long overdue, despite how I feel about Spyro's odds.

I support.

Spyro 2 was my very first game.

I loved it so much, and I still do. With the rumor of a remake, im hyped for the little dragon's return. I imagine he isn't in the prime position for smashing, but I would love him nonetheless. . .depending on what design they choose.

Obligaory
:061:

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Honestly I feel so bad for other Playstation Allstar fans. Spyro should have been in Battle Royal with Crash Bandicoot.

I'd be on board with Spyro in Playstation Allstars but not here sorry. I love Super Smash Bros but fair is fair Spyro should be in Allstars because that was his Home.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
E3 there will be a Spyro remaster announcement as a timed exclusive for the PS4. Mark my words. Also you all better get it when it comes on PS4 and/or Switch, show the series love.

My only concern for a Spyro remaster is the soundtrack. Here is hoping that Stewart Copeland comes back.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Can't lie, I'd be way more hyped for Spyro in Smash than for Crash Bandicoot.

Though having both in Smash would be kinda ridiculous. (in a good way)

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
Ahh yeah, I love Spyro. I'm totally on board with him getting in Smash.

Imagine if he and Crash both appeared, then this game would officially have more Playstation all-stars than PSAS.

ZealousGamer

Smash Ace
Ahh yeah, I love Spyro. I'm totally on board with him getting in Smash.

Imagine if he and Crash both appeared, then this game would officially have more Playstation all-stars than PSAS.
Well, no, not really. Playstation Allstars still has the most iconic characters that they themselves still own. However, I think a lot of people would call Super Smash Bros Switch an unofficial SSB vs PSAS game. ;P

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I made a Spyro moveset let me dig it up.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
Reasons Spyro can be in Smash:
  • Several games after the original trilogy were released on Nintendo consoles, including the Legend of Spyro series and Skylanders, but also some games before then
  • Bowser and Donkey Kong were released as characters for one of the Skylanders games... for some reason???
  • Spyro might get a remaster like Crash on the Switch, but I think that's mostly speculation at this point

D

Deleted member

^I'd say the remake is all but confirmed at this point, going by the evidence I've seen. Likely a timed PS4 exclusive like Crash was, and Switch port would mean that every non-mobile Spyro game has been on at least one Nintendo system.

The main thing that really holds Spyro back (other that possibly lack of popular demand) is his minimal Japanese exposure, since unlike Crash he never took off there. Only the first two games on PS1, two of the GBA games (one of which was that old crossover with Crash), and Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure were localized to the Japanese market.

It's sometimes crazy to think that if the remake does get released in Japan, it would be the first time they get Spyro 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pixel_

Smash Ace
The main thing that really holds Spyro back (other that possibly lack of popular demand) is his minimal Japanese exposure, since unlike Crash he never took off there.
rip, I haven't known/considered that.

I'd say the remake is all but confirmed at this point, going by the evidence I've seen.
What evidence is there?

Pixel_

Smash Ace
oh wow
I wouldn't expect a Twitter account named Falcon McBob to be anything close to evidence, but after looking up some stuff it looks pretty legit.
"Using Twitter’s password reset functionality, fans were also able to confirm that the Spyro account is registered to an Activision email address." - https://gamerant.com/spyro-the-dragon-remaster-3218/
I'm actually pretty hype now
Wonder why it's called Falcon, though
Captain Falcon?

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
I'd love him in the game but I'll wait for his remake announcement first, and even then it'll probably be exclusive and need another year before he has a chance of Smash.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Yes! Spyro has way more potential for a spectacular moveset from the original trilogy alone, themes with incredibly remix potential and strong stage sources. I personally prefer Sunrise Spring though. You can even say Spyro has heavy assist trophy support with Hunter.

I'll take Spyro over Crash because, Spyro has better character, isn't in it to be in a iconic match up and, the only real dragon.

I support.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Also in news, if you guys watch death battle, next death battle is Crash v Spyro. Who do yall think would win?

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Also in news, if you guys watch death battle, next death battle is Crash v Spyro. Who do yall think would win?
Nice to see another person who watches the show.

While Crash is my other childhood icon, I can't aee a scenario where Spyro loses tbh. The ending of the Legends Trilogy had him repair the dang planet, for Pete's sake. Crash ain't got nothing on that.

Not only this , but Spyro is most definitely the smarter of the two and has more abilities like time manipulation, petrification, teleportation, along with his elememtal attacks.

Crash has more of an arsenal, I suppose. He also may be speedier and debatably is more skilled in terms of fighting. However, I do not see him winning.

Pixel_

Smash Ace
For this to boost his odds this collect has got to be added to the switch as well and before the era of smash switch ends
Or alternatively, did they already plan to add Spyro and Crash and that's why they're getting their games on Switch?
Since Smash works almost like free advertising, having their games on Switch means that they'll be able to profit from having their characters in the game more easily.

Last edited:

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
I'd hope so. Both being absent from the Sony Smash is honestly pretty suspect and outright stupid. Having bith appear in Smash would just make those fans extra salty.

UserKev

Smash Champion
I don't want either to lose. I'm a Spyro guy but, Crash is apart of my childhood to. I feel like they will make Crash win with his invincible tiki mask. Haha

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
I don't want either to lose. I'm a Spyro guy but, Crash is apart of my childhood to. I feel like they will make Crash win with his invincible tiki mask. Haha
But Supercharge will likely be proven busted with physics. Spyro is invulnerable, moves at far greater speeds (could already dodge semi automatic fire without it), and can bust through steel doors that are larger than him. Assuming Spyro is at four feet tall, the doors are likely 20 feet tall of solid metal . And he doesn't punch a hole into them, he shatters them.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Hate to double post, but I just dug up some old stuff I did from the old Support group so I figured I'd dump em here.
Stats
Weight: 7/10 (weighs a bit more weight, a bit on the heavier side of a mid weight)
Walk Speed: 6/10 (About Duck Hunt's walk speed)
Run Speed: 7/10 (Around Mario's)
Air Speed: 8/10 (Around Mario's)
Jump Height: 7/10 (Around Mario's)
Fall Speed: 8/10 (Around ZSS)
Size: A bit larger than Duck Hunt, his head w/ horns poking around Mario's height
Crawl: No
Jumps: 2
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: Yes (climbing pose from 2 and 3)
Game Play Plan: Midweight Aerial Powerhouse
Much like in his games, Spyro is all about the air. This can be seen with his Glide Mechanic. His glide mechanic works differently than glides do in Brawl. Spyro's glide is fixed on direction as soon as it initiates. You initiate his glide by holding the jump button and pressing down with the analog stick. The glide lasts for 4 seconds or until Spyro hits the ground, whichever comes first. Using the glide out of a single jump eats up Spyro's second jump. Spyro can go for attacks while in glide, leading to his main method of dealing damage. The key to using spyro is to ensure one sets up for strong combos out of his glide, and to use it to apply offensive pressure.

Also of note this moveset mainly uses Classic Spyro in design and in functions.

A Moves
Jab 1 - Spyro does a brief hit with his head forward (4%), decently quick
Jab 2 - Spyro follows up with a flip (5%), links into Jab 1
F Tilt- Sparx rushes forward as if to grab a gem, hitting the opponent (6%)
Up Tilt- Spyro does a hit upwards with his wings, sends foes up diagonally (7%)
Down Tilt- Spyro does a brief tail swipe in front of him, mediocre range (more than it seems at first), but very fast (3%)
Dash Attack- Spyro lets loose a quick burst of flame while heading for a stop (9%)
U Smash - Spyro uses a burst of Ice breath above him, can freeze at higher percents (12-18%
F Smash - Spyro puffs forward with his signature flame breath attack within the series. It is a quick burst of flame that slightly pushes Spyro back, much like in the PS1 games. Hits about as far as Spyro is long . (13-19%)
D Smash- Spyro does a brief spiral around while breathing electricity, a quick single spin (11-17%)
N air- Spyro does a vertical spin, hitting all around him, like Meta knights nair (6%). A very fast move that is essential for him
F air- Spyro unleashes a burst of flame in front of him (9%) This move is essential for Spyro's spacing, as it hits far (about as far as his Forward smash. Does not slow down glide
B air - Spyro does a brief horizontal spin, tail and body. This move is great for ending his combos, and has a hitbox around Spyro and behind him. There is next to no hitbox in front(7%)
U Air- Spyro does his hover animation from 2 and 3, hitting four times above him (each hit does 2%, links into each other), this move slows glide down greatly and is great for positioning, it is rather quick. One of spyro's key tools for glide combos
Down Air- Spyro does his glide slowing animation, with his wings fluttering behind him and his legs moving below hitting 7 times (each hit hits for 2%). This move also slows glide down greatly and is great for setting up for his glide combos.
Grabs and Throws
Grab- Sparx dashes forward and grabs the player and draws them into Spyro. Good range and Speed.
Pummel- Spyro blows embers onto his grabbed victim, very fast pummel that does .5% a pummel. Note how it is basically guarenteed for at least 2 pummels
F throw- Spyro buffers an opponent away with his wings (6%)
B throw- Spyro Chucks enemy being him and torches them (11%), a good kill move and Spyro's best kill throw
U throw- Spyro headbutts an opponent upwards (8%)
D throw- Spyro does a flip and hits them down into the ground, and spyro into the air. Can be used to set up glide combos

B Moves
Neutral B- Superflame
This move fires a single shot of Superflame, much like in Spyro 2 or 3. These balls of fire travel a decent distance (about 2/3 of Final Destination), and deal 7%. The only issue is that while they travel decently fast, they deal very little shield damage, and Spyro can only fire two at a time before one fades away. This move is great for harassing foes at a distance, but is not a great camping tool due to its lack of spamability. Its potency as an edgeguard is also important to realize.
Side B- Charging
Spyro enters an offensive dash, much like he does in his games. This charge is like in the classic games slow to turn around, but powerful offensively. Spyro's main use for this is conditioning foes to a responce and then charging into them. It is not the quickest move to cancel (think Bowser Jr's cart dash), but does have an offensive hit box upon ending. The move has armor on startup. Furthermore, Like in the classic spyro games, one can jump while charging, while allows for glide setups. A hit from charge deals 11%.
Up B- Whirlwind
Spyro jumps into a whirlwind from the classic games. While this move deals no damage, it does have a windbox, protecting spyro (except from above). Spyro can use this move to edgeguard opponents with its windbox, though the windbox is not insanely strong like some moves, its more of a moderate push. If spyro has not already used his glide, spyro can use it after it finishes. The move deals no damage.
Down B- Headbash
The headbash is one of Spyro's most important kill moves. At first, it appears to be another mediocre dive kick move, which generally are not good. However, the thing with headbash is its possible to combo into it through gliding combos if one predicts DI right. For example, by using Charge Jump>Glide>Up Air>Headbash, or another possible combo, you can lure out an opponent for a kill. The headbash does a spin (which does 4%), which links into his dive (which deal 10%). It also has a rising hitbox like Yoshi's does on the ground. Using this move right is the key to a good spyro player. It has a lot of lag and is easy to punish, so comboing into it is essential.
Final Smash- Supercharge
Spyro harnesses the hard to deal with supercharge for his final smash. Spyro rushes forward while in supercharge, the player lets go of the B button. He can be turned around, but this is very hard to control. Supercharge spyro is immune to damage, and pieces shields. It is possible to jump with the move, but it is hard to control. The speed of the move could very well lead ot a few untimely SDs, much like in the classic games.
Misc. Stuff
Taunt 1 - Sparx Chases after a butterfly and eats it which Spyro watches
Taunt 2- Spyro licks his paw while stroking his frills back
Taunt 3- Sparx starts buzzing around Spyro, and he smiles and shakes his head
On Screen Appearance- Spyro flies in from the background

Victory 1- Spyro headbutts a sheep and spawns a butterfly, which Sparx eats
Victory 2- Spyro rides in on his skateboard and wipes out
Victory 3- Sparx eats two butterflies, going from green to blue to red, and flies up to Spyro and slies around happily

Idle poses: Sparx flutters around Spyro, while Spyro looks around. Sometimes, he looks directly at the player.

Non Moveset stuff

Stage
Dragon Realms

The basic idea of this Stage is to have a looping stage that represents all the classic levels of the series as well as possible. Despite the numerous levels, the three chosen are due to their "importance". What special importance? They are on the title screen. Basically, we have here a Castle Siege transition lasting 15 seconds, and then a certain location from the games in a fixed order. Also each stage has gems in the background.

First off, we got Spyro 1. I'm gonna interpret this as the Magic Crafters area based on the locale. First, we have the green druids swinging the platforms in fixed patterns. The stage at first has the look of PM distant planet, but then you see that it has the platforms in it swinging back and forth! Basically, this part is a super neutral area, with two moving smashville platforms that meet halfway. The ground is flat as well. In the background, one can see sheep, thieves, and the scared gnorc from the title screen, as well as a big gnorc and a shielded gnorc. There also is a crystallized dragon in the background.

Next we have Skelos Badlands from Spyro 2. Here, we fight mainly on the skull head, above lava. However, due to the way the stage is located above lava, the danger present is merely falling. The horns are not tilted up here as much, in order to provide ledges. The stage also is altered so one can see the background instead of just mountains. One can see lava lizards and cavemen, as well as an orb. (also I know Avalar does not count as dragon realms but it makes it easier.)

Finally we come to Fireworks Factory. Here, one fights on the massive building at the end, with one smaller tower next to it on each edge. Basically, its a long flat stage with two small platforms on each side. Fireworks go off in the background, but one also sees Rhynoc ninjas trying to nab a dragon egg, and failing. Spyro's friends Agent 9, Sheila, and Sgt. Byrd are defending the egg.

In short, we have a simple stage that has transforming aspects that show off the main goals of each spyro game.

Music

Title Screen (Spyro 1)
Dark Passage
Crystal Flight
Credits Theme
Gnasty's Theme
Glimmer/Title Screen
Skelos Badlands
Ripto's Theme
Fireworks Factory
Molten Crater
Dino Mines

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
... before the era of smash switch ends
Which is not looking to be any time soon.

CANNOT wait for Spyro on Switch. I would love to see him included in the fight. He and Crash are perfect counterparts from Activision... if only...

Shyy_Guy595

Smash Champion
Yeah. Spyro also has invincibility. At best, they'd counter each other. Then, you have a Bandicoot that's forced to try and get into melee range since Shadow Legacy gave Spyro the ability to reflect projectiles back at the opponent.

And if he does get into melee range, I feel like Spyro's melee is much more versatile and deadly than Crash's. This is without reinstating the fact Spyro literally repaired a planet that was shattered, which is almost definitely above what Crash's attack potency is.

FutureSky

Smash Cadet
Honestly I feel so bad for other Playstation Allstar fans. Spyro should have been in Battle Royal with Crash Bandicoot.

I'd be on board with Spyro in Playstation Allstars but not here sorry. I love Super Smash Bros but fair is fair Spyro should be in Allstars because that was his Home.
that game isn't geting a sequel any time soon, so who cares honestly

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom I can't imagine any of Spyro's grabs not being with Sparx. Sparx just seems like the easier and more thematic option for grabs.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
TCT~Phantom TCT~Phantom I can't imagine any of Spyro's grabs not being with Sparx. Sparx just seems like the easier and more thematic option for grabs.
How the hell did I not think of that? Now I feel silly. Edited that little detail.

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So for the music in the alleged remaster, should Copeland come back?

UserKev

Smash Champion
So for the music in the alleged remaster, should Copeland come back?
Copeland seems non existent these days. Haha Wouldn't the classic Spyro themes just need to be remixed anyway? They aren't completely new Spyro games.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So I had an idea for a new Spyro game idea.

Gnasty Gnorc and Ripto decide to join forces to launch an attack on the dragon worlds again. However, besides just having Ripto's small army and some Gnorcs and Rhynocs, Gnasty and Ripto decide to try something darker. Apparently there was a dark mad dragon whose soul was divided into seven pieces, six of which were accidently infused into dragons 12 years before YotD. Using these six dark dragons (they find what the seventh is later), Gnasty and Ripto declare all out war on Spyro and the dragon realms. Spyro must take on these armies, rescue his friends and other dragons, and bring order to the dragon realms.

Here are the dragons and bosses
World 1: A Jörmungandr is your dragon boss, Toasty is your end world boss.
World 2: A Hydra is your dragon boss, Crush is your world boss
World 3: A Chinese dragon is the dragon boss, original boss is world boss
World 4: Something cool, Cynder is the dragon boss, get her playable afterwords, Gulp is World Boss
World 5:Turns out Scortch from Spyro 3 did not really die, now has mutated into a Chimera, his tail has a snake head and he grew a sheep's head.
Broken Avalar: Quetzalcoatl is the dragon boss, Ripto is the world boss
Gnasty's New World: A wyvern that has most of the evil dragon's mind in it is the dragon boss, Gnasty Gnorc is the world boss.
Bonus 8th World: Has boss rush and true final boss, tons of minigames

Playable characters would include Spyro, Sparx, Hunter, Sheila, Agent 9, Sgt. Byrd, and Cinder.

DNeon

Smash Lord
NNID
D_Neon_Lamp
Playable characters would include Spyro, Sparx, Hunter, Sheila, Agent 9, Sgt. Byrd, and Cinder.
No Bentley? But who'll be in the inevitable boxing match?

Also it sounds cool but I'm far more interested in just making sure the original trilogy releases to be as good as it could be

UserKev

Smash Champion
So I had an idea for a new Spyro game idea.

Gnasty Gnorc and Ripto decide to join forces to launch an attack on the dragon worlds again. However, besides just having Ripto's small army and some Gnorcs and Rhynocs, Gnasty and Ripto decide to try something darker. Apparently there was a dark mad dragon whose soul was divided into seven pieces, six of which were accidently infused into dragons 12 years before YotD. Using these six dark dragons (they find what the seventh is later), Gnasty and Ripto declare all out war on Spyro and the dragon realms. Spyro must take on these armies, rescue his friends and other dragons, and bring order to the dragon realms.

Here are the dragons and bosses
World 1: A Jörmungandr is your dragon boss, Toasty is your end world boss.
World 2: A Hydra is your dragon boss, Crush is your world boss
World 3: A Chinese dragon is the dragon boss, original boss is world boss
World 4: Something cool, Cynder is the dragon boss, get her playable afterwords, Gulp is World Boss
World 5:Turns out Scortch from Spyro 3 did not really die, now has mutated into a Chimera, his tail has a snake head and he grew a sheep's head.
Broken Avalar: Quetzalcoatl is the dragon boss, Ripto is the world boss
Gnasty's New World: A wyvern that has most of the evil dragon's mind in it is the dragon boss, Gnasty Gnorc is the world boss.
Bonus 8th World: Has boss rush and true final boss, tons of minigames

I thought of an idea for Spyro at one point. Not with Gnasty Gnorc or Ripto though. I consider them cheesy villains. Instead of them, the villain is an older dragon who despises how the dragons look to Spyro, a young dragon as hope other than them selves.

While Spyro is clearing levels, its the older dragon who's arranging the enemies at his attempt to put Spyro in his place through accident or necessary in hope of returning things to how they should be.
No Bentley? But who'll be in the inevitable boxing match?
Also, I'll add Bianca. She has amazing development and clear special attacking skills.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
So Spyro might get announced tomorrow given all the retailer leaks...

Top Bottom