• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about those color palettes

Color

• Black

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Dark Red

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • LED Screen Yellow-Green

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Deep Blue

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Teal

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Turquoise

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Forest Green

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • White

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
The thread about gold alts got me a bit depressed about G&W's... interesting color choices. How satisfied are you with them? Which do you prefer to use?

Syprone

Smash Cadet
I don’t really like any of them... not even the ones in sm4sh. Although, I really love the opressive bright blue in Brawl.

TreeBranch

Smash Ace
I definitely prefer the normal black alt. I agree with Syprone about not really liking any of them. A lot of them just look, washed out I guess. I really wish he had some brighter variants.

Syprone

Smash Cadet
I wish they'd bring back his green alt from Melee. sure, it doesn't really have an origin of sorts, but damn it looks cool.

a Virtual Boy alt could be nice too.
His red costume is a possible reference to a virtual boy
The green costume wasn’t taken away, it evolved to reference the screen of a gameboy

Last edited:

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
I just go with black. Though I will say it is kind of funny to go yellow on the Dream Land GB stage simply because he blends rather well into the stage. It's almost like camouflage. But that's expected when the yellow colour was inspired by the colour of Game Boy screens.

Top Bottom