• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's talk about the FLEX

Shamsy

FIST OF JUSTICE
NNID
Shamsy92
The People's Elbow is now a backhand flex of justice. How does that make you feel?

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
So far looking much less flashy than The Elbow.

JackyT

Smash Rookie
NNID
jackyturbo
Did i get it wrong, or is Captain Falcon's new F-smash a ripoff of Smash 4 Ganon's warlock punch?

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I feel this move was put in to help Falcon. Falcons big issue (besides his awful disadvantage state and recovery) has been having a viable neutral kill option that is simply fast. He had plenty of kill capable moves, but all of them were laggy on start-up or cooldown, punishable if whiffed, or required a good read and a precise timing/hitbox to go off. Falcon had only a couple dependable moves in terms of speed, namely his dash grab, jab and up air, and he depended on these in the neutral to set him up into advantage state to try for a read and get off a finisher. This new forward smash looks like it will be fast and have a good hitbox, making it the quick finisher/boxing option he needs, so that he can mix up better and have a safe option for closing out a stock. I'll miss the people's elbow, but he needed a fast smash, so one of them had to go. And down smash/slide up smash are great so I'm glad it wasn't them.

Shamsy

FIST OF JUSTICE
NNID
Shamsy92
I feel this move was put in to help Falcon. Falcons big issue (besides his awful disadvantage state and recovery) has been having a viable neutral kill option that is simply fast. He had plenty of kill capable moves, but all of them were laggy on start-up or cooldown, punishable if whiffed, or required a good read and a precise timing/hitbox to go off. Falcon had only a couple dependable moves in terms of speed, namely his dash grab, jab and up air, and he depended on these in the neutral to set him up into advantage state to try for a read and get off a finisher. This new forward smash looks like it will be fast and have a good hitbox, making it the quick finisher/boxing option he needs, so that he can mix up better and have a safe option for closing out a stock. I'll miss the people's elbow, but he needed a fast smash, so one of them had to go. And down smash/slide up smash are great so I'm glad it wasn't them.

Yeah I've been hoping that's exactly what's happening. Like Mario's F-Smash...SOMETHING similar lol.

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
Same man. :(
This might seem off topic at first, but I too will miss Ganon's Elbow( especially considering that in his case, the move was canon and the decepetive charge lean back animation/hurtbox netted me a surprising amount of kills) though not as much as Ganon's former up-smash.

The reason I'm bringing this up, is that I was like: " Hey, at the very least I'll still be able to enjoy the elbow while warming up with Cpt. Falcon before unlocking Ganon!"
So when I first watched the Cap's trailer and found out that he now sports what is essentialy a faster but ofc weaker and unfortunately better version of the warlock back hand I was just like; ............................
But, WHYYYYYYYY?!

BTW what is you Falcon main's opinion concerning both ganon and falcon apparently still being the only chars, who cannot act( double jump, up-b) after using side-b in the air?

Last edited:

Shamsy

FIST OF JUSTICE
NNID
Shamsy92
This might seem off topic at first, but I too will miss Ganon's Elbow( especially considering that in his case, the move was canon and the decepetive charge lean back animation/hurtbox netted me a surprising amount of kills) though not as much as Ganon's former up-smash.

The reason I'm bringing this up, is that I was like: " Hey, at the very least I'll still be able to enjoy the elbow while warming up with Cpt. Falcon before unlocking Ganon!"
So when I first watched the Cap's trailer and found out that he now sports what is essentialy a faster but ofc weaker and unfortunately better version of the warlock back hand I was just like; ............................
But, WHYYYYYYYY?!

BTW what is you Falcon main's opinion concerning both ganon and falcon apparently still being the only chars, who cannot act( double jump, up-b) after using side-b in the air?
I don't know why we're always doomed to have bad recoveries man...But hopefully the power gain on the stage we're getting with the jump squat changes will make up for our ever widening gap of bad recoveries vs the rest of the cast haha.

glenn

Smash Cadet
Yeah, his FSmash is really slow, and the range is tiny, seems to get out-prioritized by everything. This is a nerf.

Shieldlesscap

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, his FSmash is really slow, and the range is tiny, seems to get out-prioritized by everything. This is a nerf.
It has less range but I'm pretty sure the frame data is identical.

Anyway, I think we should name this move the Melee Dash Grab, because seriously look at the charge animation.

Top Bottom