• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's say you've made a successful fighting game, what guests do you have as DLC?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Your fighting game, filled with original characters, is the biggest indie game since Undertale and no conglomorate would ever want to miss out on their characters making a playable cameo - who do you choose with unlimited options?

Other than the base game featuring mostly original characters and this being DLC, there are no rules! Brand image mandates are off the table, you can set your guests and the amount of them to be realistic or ridiculous, you're not restricted to main characters, you have no budgetary restrictions thanks to your game's newfound fame, and you can get fighters from any medium: video games; cartoons; anime; comics; celebrities; ad mascots; books; movies - all game! It'd be prefered if you specified if your game is a platform or traditional fighter as well as the overall tone, but I won't force you to.

This idea came about because I am planning a platform fighter project for some point in time and, while I do have two smaller and more reasonable-to-obtain guests planned (even if I'm not fully sure they'd be attainable), I've always liked the idea of getting guests from really big companies like Fortnite; Mortal Kombat; and Brawlhalla tend to do, but all of them being old, irrelevant, obscure, or otherwise kinda ridiculous - so I made this "DLC pass" mockup for this next to, if not, impossible scenario. My platform fighter, while I don't want to go into too much detail, is supposed to be cartoony; exaggerated; and kinda ridiculous in terms of tone, characters, and world, but a serious competitive game to boot.
19D99DC6-1F7C-47E3-9975-D2E175735E0B.jpeg

This lineup was partially chosen on the basis of "who would get me on a top 10 weirdest crossovers listicle?", though I'm really passionate about all of these characters and can easily imagine them in a platform fighter setting. Non-game characters would be an absolute essential if I could get major guest DLC, it'd be a funny "one-up!" on Smash, especially if the guests were literal cartoons as that's the sort of aesthetic Smash fans crave right now - even if it's hard to say if Smash's homogeneity problem (or Smash itself even) will still exist by the time this project goes into development, let alone the hypothetical but completely unrealistic scenario where I can afford to put in characters owned by extremely stingy corporations (I have no GD experience... yet.)

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
In a hypothetical world where I made a fighting game, the first game would deliberately avoid having DLC; the sequel, on the other hand, would most certainly have DLC.

The format that the first game begins and the second expands upon would be a traditional fighter with a... "sincere" (though not necessarily serious) tone; think something along the lines of Star Wars.

The first game's roster of 13 would all be women wearing the same outfit (a hooded dress/robe-thing with long sleeves; Player 1's character's uniform will be White, Player 2's character's uniform will be Black); you would instead tell the characters' silhouettes apart by their weapons, hairstyle, animations/poses, and subtle adjustments/modifications to the standard uniform (shorter sleeves or no sleeves, gun or sword holsters, harnesses, armor plates worn over the uniform, switching the dress/robe for a skirt or something with pants/legs to them). hair and eye color would also distinguish the characters from eachother.

The second game's base roster would contain all of the first game's 13 characters, plus 15-20 newcomers. None of the newcomers would be sporting the uniform that the veteran characters share; furthermore, many of the newcomers would have more varied skin tones and body-types, compared to the veterans who were all entirely caucasian and average-looking body types. All of the newcomers would be women much like the veterans, with the sole exception of a single newcomer having a gender select (either way, they have an assist character that is a woman regardless of the gender of the character themselves).

The sequel would have at least 5-15 DLC Guest Fighters, selected from the following list of candidates (subject to updating):
Nintendo Characters:
  • Samus Aran (Power Suit & Zero Suit would be treated as separate characters for the sake of gameplay, but would be bundled together within the same DLC pack)
  • Peach/Daisy/Rosalina/Pauline
  • Bowsette*
  • Bayonetta (w/ Palutena as her assist, similar to how Robin had Chrom as an "assist" in their final smash in Smash 4)
  • Pyra/Mythra
  • Marina (Splatoon)
  • Twintelle
  • Min Min
  • Lola Pop
  • Lusamine (uses the Nihilego form you see her as in her final battle in the original Sun/Moon)
  • Gardevoir
  • Lilligant
  • Bisharp
  • Nidoqueen/Nidoking
Detective Comics:
  • Wonder Woman
  • Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn (would be separate characters, but if one gets a spot, then the other would definitely get a spot as well, so i'm listing them on the same bullet point)
  • Power Girl
Didney characters:
  • Carol Danvers (would come in two flavors as echo fighters of eachother: Captain Marvel (MCU), and Ms. Marvel (Older Comics incarnation))
  • Wanda Maximoff (MCU version of Scarlet Witch)
  • Natasha Romanoff (MCU version of Black Widow)
  • She-Hulk (Marvel)
  • Darth Traya (Star Wars)
  • Lana Beniko (Star Wars)
  • Rey (Star Wars)
  • Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader (Star Wars)
  • Aqua (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Larxene (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Elsa
  • Mulan (1998 version, w/ Mushu as her assist)
  • Maleficent (Live-Action version)
  • Shego
Capcom:
  • Chun Li
  • Cammy White
  • Juri Han
  • Rainbow Mika
  • Poison
  • Jill Valentine
  • Claire Redfield
  • Ada Wong
  • Lady Dimitrescu
  • Morrigan Aensland/Lillith Aensland (w/ Felicia as an assist)
Activision:
  • Sylvanas Windrunner
  • Jaina Proudmoore
  • Vanessa VanCleef
  • Kerrigan
  • Widowmaker (Overwatch)/Nova (Starcraft)
  • Tracer
  • Pharah
  • Symmetra
  • D.va
  • Mei
  • Sombra
  • Orisa
  • Brigitte (w/ Mercy as her assist)
  • Ashe

Other Videogame Characters:
  • Quiet (Metal Gear Solid)
  • EVA (Metal Gear Solid)
  • Jun Kazama (Tekken)
  • Nina Williams/Anna Williams (Tekken)
  • Cortana (Halo)
  • Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
  • Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) (All versions-- including both film adaptation attempts --not just the most reboot. Alternate costumes. I'm not budging on this)
  • Commander Sheppard (Mass Effect) (w/ Tali & Liara as her assists)
  • Aloy (Horizon: Zero Dawn)
  • Sayori.chr/Natsuki.chr/Yuri.chr/Monika.chr (Doki Doki Literature Club)
  • 2B/A2 (Nier: Automata) (w/ Pod 042 as an assist)
  • Chell (Portal) (with Haydee from the Haydee games as her assist)
  • GLaDOS (Portal) (w/ ATLAS, P-Body, and Turrets as her assists)
  • Sorceress (Dragon's Crown) (w/ Amazon as her assist)
  • Valentine (Skullgirls)
  • Cerebella (Skullgirls)
  • Parasoul (Skullgirls)
  • Ms. Fortune (Skullgirls)
  • Robo-Fortune (Skullgirls)
  • Madeline (Celeste)
  • J.J. Macfield (The Missing: J.J. Macfield and The Island of Memories)
  • Miriam (Bloodstained)
  • Kat/Raven (Gravity Rush)
Other, Non-Videogame Characters:
  • Gali (Bionicle)
  • Roodaka (Bionicle)
  • Korra (Avatar: TLA/LOK) (w/ Asami as her assist)
  • Garnet (Steven Universe)
  • Bismuth (Steven Universe)
  • White Diamond (Steven Universe) (With Pink, Blue, & Yellow Diamond as her assists)
  • Matoko Kusanagi (Ghost in The Shell)
  • Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)
  • Seras Victoria (Hellsing... Hel-- the vampire anime with the guy that watches adventure time on his 70" flatscreen TV. idk the full name)
  • Ellen Ripley (Alien(s))
  • Sarah Connor (Terminator)
  • The Bride (Kill Bill)
  • Imperator Furiosa (Mad Max: Fury Road) (w/ the eponymous Mad Max as her assist)
  • Ava (Ex Machina)
  • Joy (Blade Runner: 2049)
  • Luv (Blade Runner: 2049)
Guide:
  • Bolded = Priority character; guaranteed a slot
  • Italicized =alternate costumes of eachother
  • *= would only be included as a freebie bonus download
  • Underlined = would be the last DLC character to be added. If I want more after adding Darth Vader, I'd just make another sequel. Darth Vader would be the final DLC addition in that sequel as well. And so on and so forth until people get used to the idea of "okay they put in Darth Vader; there's no more DLC characters coming out," in which I will-- for one game only --put in Piranha Plant unannounced on April 1st (he's not removed afterwards) after Darth Vader was released, making Piranha Plant the actual last character for that specific game, just to mind-screw with people.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
If I created a successful fighting game , I would have to look upon what sort of characters can fit within its genre.

For example, let's say if I were to bring a couple of guest characters for a fighting game similar to Darkstalkers, I would to bring in someone like Dante of Devil May Cry, Lady Dimitresu of Resident Evil: Village, Basara of Samurai Shodown or Miriam of Bloodstained.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
In a hypothetical world where I made a fighting game, the first game would deliberately avoid having DLC; the sequel, on the other hand, would most certainly have DLC.

The format that the first game begins and the second expands upon would be a traditional fighter with a... "sincere" (though not necessarily serious) tone; think something along the lines of Star Wars.

The first game's roster of 13 would all be women wearing the same outfit (a hooded dress/robe-thing with long sleeves; Player 1's character's uniform will be White, Player 2's character's uniform will be Black); you would instead tell the characters' silhouettes apart by their weapons, hairstyle, animations/poses, and subtle adjustments/modifications to the standard uniform (shorter sleeves or no sleeves, gun or sword holsters, harnesses, armor plates worn over the uniform, switching the dress/robe for a skirt or something with pants/legs to them). hair and eye color would also distinguish the characters from eachother.

The second game's base roster would contain all of the first game's 13 characters, plus 15-20 newcomers. None of the newcomers would be sporting the uniform that the veteran characters share; furthermore, many of the newcomers would have more varied skin tones and body-types, compared to the veterans who were all entirely caucasian and average-looking body types. All of the newcomers would be women much like the veterans, with the sole exception of a single newcomer having a gender select (either way, they have an assist character that is a woman regardless of the gender of the character themselves).

The sequel would have at least 5-15 DLC Guest Fighters, selected from the following list of candidates (subject to updating):
Nintendo Characters:
  • Samus Aran (Power Suit & Zero Suit would be treated as separate characters for the sake of gameplay, but would be bundled together within the same DLC pack)
  • Peach/Daisy/Rosalina/Pauline
  • Bowsette*
  • Bayonetta (w/ Palutena as her assist, similar to how Robin had Chrom as an "assist" in their final smash in Smash 4)
  • Pyra/Mythra
  • Marina (Splatoon)
  • Twintelle
  • Min Min
  • Lola Pop
  • Lusamine (uses the Nihilego form you see her as in her final battle in the original Sun/Moon)
  • Gardevoir
  • Lilligant
  • Bisharp
  • Nidoqueen/Nidoking
Detective Comics:
  • Wonder Woman
  • Poison Ivy & Harley Quinn (would be separate characters, but if one gets a spot, then the other would definitely get a spot as well, so i'm listing them on the same bullet point)
  • Power Girl
Didney characters:
  • Carol Danvers (would come in two flavors as echo fighters of eachother: Captain Marvel (MCU), and Ms. Marvel (Older Comics incarnation))
  • Wanda Maximoff (MCU version of Scarlet Witch)
  • Natasha Romanoff (MCU version of Black Widow)
  • She-Hulk (Marvel)
  • Darth Traya (Star Wars)
  • Lana Beniko (Star Wars)
  • Rey (Star Wars)
  • Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader (Star Wars)
  • Aqua (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Larxene (Kingdom Hearts)
  • Elsa
  • Mulan (1998 version, w/ Mushu as her assist)
  • Maleficent (Live-Action version)
  • Shego
Capcom:
  • Chun Li
  • Cammy White
  • Juri Han
  • Rainbow Mika
  • Poison
  • Jill Valentine
  • Claire Redfield
  • Ada Wong
  • Lady Dimitrescu
  • Morrigan Aensland/Lillith Aensland (w/ Felicia as an assist)
Activision:
  • Sylvanas Windrunner
  • Jaina Proudmoore
  • Vanessa VanCleef
  • Kerrigan
  • Widowmaker (Overwatch)/Nova (Starcraft)
  • Tracer
  • Pharah
  • Symmetra
  • D.va
  • Mei
  • Sombra
  • Orisa
  • Brigitte (w/ Mercy as her assist)
  • Ashe

Other Videogame Characters:
  • Quiet (Metal Gear Solid)
  • EVA (Metal Gear Solid)
  • Jun Kazama (Tekken)
  • Nina Williams/Anna Williams (Tekken)
  • Cortana (Halo)
  • Joanna Dark (Perfect Dark)
  • Lara Croft (Tomb Raider) (All versions-- including both film adaptation attempts --not just the most reboot. Alternate costumes. I'm not budging on this)
  • Commander Sheppard (Mass Effect) (w/ Tali & Liara as her assists)
  • Aloy (Horizon: Zero Dawn)
  • Sayori.chr/Natsuki.chr/Yuri.chr/Monika.chr (Doki Doki Literature Club)
  • 2B/A2 (Nier: Automata) (w/ Pod 042 as an assist)
  • Chell (Portal) (with Haydee from the Haydee games as her assist)
  • GLaDOS (Portal) (w/ ATLAS, P-Body, and Turrets as her assists)
  • Sorceress (Dragon's Crown) (w/ Amazon as her assist)
  • Valentine (Skullgirls)
  • Cerebella (Skullgirls)
  • Parasoul (Skullgirls)
  • Ms. Fortune (Skullgirls)
  • Robo-Fortune (Skullgirls)
  • Madeline (Celeste)
  • J.J. Macfield (The Missing: J.J. Macfield and The Island of Memories)
  • Miriam (Bloodstained)
  • Kat/Raven (Gravity Rush)
Other, Non-Videogame Characters:
  • Gali (Bionicle)
  • Roodaka (Bionicle)
  • Korra (Avatar: TLA/LOK) (w/ Asami as her assist)
  • Garnet (Steven Universe)
  • Bismuth (Steven Universe)
  • White Diamond (Steven Universe) (With Pink, Blue, & Yellow Diamond as her assists)
  • Matoko Kusanagi (Ghost in The Shell)
  • Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)
  • Seras Victoria (Hellsing... Hel-- the vampire anime with the guy that watches adventure time on his 70" flatscreen TV. idk the full name)
  • Ellen Ripley (Alien(s))
  • Sarah Connor (Terminator)
  • The Bride (Kill Bill)
  • Imperator Furiosa (Mad Max: Fury Road) (w/ the eponymous Mad Max as her assist)
  • Ava (Ex Machina)
  • Joy (Blade Runner: 2049)
  • Luv (Blade Runner: 2049)
Guide:
  • Bolded = Priority character; guaranteed a slot
  • Italicized =alternate costumes of eachother
  • *= would only be included as a freebie bonus download
  • Underlined = would be the last DLC character to be added. If I want more after adding Darth Vader, I'd just make another sequel. Darth Vader would be the final DLC addition in that sequel as well. And so on and so forth until people get used to the idea of "okay they put in Darth Vader; there's no more DLC characters coming out," in which I will-- for one game only --put in Piranha Plant unannounced on April 1st (he's not removed afterwards) after Darth Vader was released, making Piranha Plant the actual last character for that specific game, just to mind-screw with people.
Seems sorta boring this game franchise! I mean all Woman with the same clothes?

Just dumb i cant show you of with my idea damn!

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Seems sorta boring this game franchise! I mean all Woman with the same clothes?

Just dumb i cant show you of with my idea damn!
Luckily it would only be the 13 veteran characters (other franchises have made it work). Everyone else would be wearing unique outfits. My apologies if I forgot to clarify that part.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I would have 5 DLC Passes for my game:
  1. Mario (Mario)
  2. Link (Legend of Zelda)
  3. Samus (Metroid)
  4. Kirby (Kirby)
  5. Pikachu (Pokemon)
  1. Shovel Knight (Shovel Knight)
  2. Shantae (Shantae)
  3. Isaac (Binding of Isaac)
  4. Biomass (Carrion)
  5. Ori (Ori and The Blind Forest)
  1. Mickey Mouse (Mickey Mouse)
  2. Lincoln Loud (Loud House)
  3. Courage (The Cowardly Dog)
  4. Scooby-Doo (Scooby-Doo!)
  5. Tom & Jerry (Tom and Jerry)
  1. Godzilla (Godzilla)
  2. James Bond (James Bond)
  3. Darth Vader (Star Wars)
  4. Xenomorph (ALIEN)
  5. Indiana Jones (Indiana Jones)
  1. Goku (Dragon Ball)
  2. Jotaro (JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
  3. Deku (MHA)
  4. Luffy (One Piece)
  5. Sailor Moon (Sailor Moon)

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So, I made a fighting game. 3D arena fighter, most similar to Sonic The Fighters in gameplay and almost a spiritual successor to it in a way. The roster would be about 75:25, humans to animals (anthropomorphic or otherwise). If I had to describe the tone, it would be very much like Astral Chain-very anime and serious on the surface, but dig a little deeper and it's pretty goofy. Story takes cues from Cyberpunk 2077 where most people (and even some animals) are cybernetic to some extent.

Punch Pack 1: Silver The Hedgehog (Sonic)
Punch Pack 2: Douglas (Mega Man X)
Punch Pack 3: Din Djarin AKA The Mandolorian (Star Wars)
Punch Pack 3: Blinx (Blinx the Time Sweeper)
Punch Pack 4: Plague Knight (Shovel Knight)
Punch Pack 5: Ignis (FFXV)
Punch Pack 6: Max (Astral Chain)
Punch Pack 7: Rowan Damisch/Scythe Lucifer (Scythe)
Punch Pack 8: Eijiro Kirishima/Tetsutetsu Tetsutetsu (echoes) (My Hero Academia)
Punch Pack 9: An OC of mine, an award-winning journalist who, in the book where he debuts, is brought along with 999 others along a giant piece of spacecraft that's escaping our planet that's currently being destroyed. He's just a normal human character, but that's kind of his gimmick like MvC Phoenix Wright.
Punch Pack 10: Samus (Metroid, specifically with her design in Dread.)
Final Punch Pack: Cyborg (Teen Titans)

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
In my own case, it would heavily depend on the type of fighting game I've developed. For example, a traditional 2D fighter would be better suited to have characters from other 2D fighters, whereas a platform fighter would be different. In this case, however, I'm going to suggest that it's a SoulCalibur/Samurai Shodown esque weapon-based combat situation, where playstyles are primarily defined by the weapon used and how it works - for instance, someone with a gigantic claymore is slow but methodical, whereas a ninja with some kunai would likely be much faster but less damaging.

With this in mind, here's the primary ideas I have in mind.
1 - The game is actually set in the modern era, though characters aren't limited by this.
2 - No, characters shouldn't be limited to just short-range weapons, but it's useful except in certain circumstances.

And, well, here's the basic archetypes.

• Character 1 - Shortsword, basically your traditional, basic protag of sorts
  • Character 2 - Knives and the like, primarily a fast but weak character but slightly manic in style
  • Character 3 - A huge claymore, mid-long range attacks but with lag
  • Character 4 - A whip/chain, likely a little like the Belmonts and Indiana Jones crossed together in a way?
  • Character 5 - Dual gauntlets/shields, think a little like Captain America in Infinity War
  • Character 6 - Full on knight with a sword and shield, pretty good defense I imagine
  • Character 7 - Mace/Flail, weird character with a style sort of crossing between 3 and 4
  • Character 8 - Scythe, though used a lot like Spectre Knight from Shovel Knight and maybe Ruby from RWBY
  • Character 9 - Spear, though fast paced and long range with weak damage and the like
  • Character 10 - Bow with a variety of arrows a little like Hawkeye or Green Arrow, can also use it close range but best at distance
  • Character 11 - A more unique steampunk-esque "mech" character, think something like Iron Man maybe
  • Character 12 - Kunai and a short katana, basically a ninja, taking 2's playstyle to the logical extreme with a lot of mixups too.

With this in mind, I'm gonna toss in 4 DLC characters seems as they could potentially work here.

• DLC 1 - Shovel Knight. Seems as this is going to end up being an indie game, I think Shovel Knight could work rather well - especially if he plays a little like in Rivals of Aether, but is also somewhat mixed with a variety of NES platformer character types and moves. I think he'd also work well as the first DLC reveal too, being a semi-predictable but still cool addition.
  • DLC 2 - Dante, from the Devil May Cry series. As much as characters like Travis Touchdown would be cool, Dante would make a lot of sense due to his overall recognisability. Not to mention, I feel his Devil Trigger would bring an interesting new mechanic to the whole thing.
  • DLC 3 - Link. Seems like a weird choice, but Link would play in a way a little like a cross between his Smash appearance and his SoulCalibur appearance, though with many more of his own different items from his various games for a very weird but interesting playstyle. Whilst it's possible his item-based moveset could end up similar to Shovel Knight's, I feel they have enough differences to really stand out from one another.
  • DLC 4 - The last character is more of a personal pick, but still needs to be relevant so I'm going to say... Yu Narukami. Unlike his appearance in Persona 4 Arena, Yu uses his Wild Card ability a lot more, using a variety of Personas aside from Izanagi. Even so, Izanagi is used for long-range attacks (even compared to Character 3) but Yu himself has very low defense, making him somewhat of a glass cannon.

And, here's a potential idea.

- DLC5? - Zero, from the MMZ series. No, seriously. Zero, however, gets a little bit of a redesign to look more steampunk-esque. That aside, his moveset relies a lot on his various weapons - laser sword aside, I can see his Shield Boomerang being quite a cool part of his moveset. Even so, with Dante logically being a Capcom rep I feel it wouldn't work so well... not to mention Zero being, shall we say, not as relevant today.

AlRex

Smash Lord
I have had several ideas for fighting games over the years. The characters I'd choose would depend on the settings.

1. Actors & actresses are given powers and abilities based off of their various screen personas [I.E. action star becomes a super cyborg various action & sci-fi movie weapons, martial arts actor gets to have all the Ninja Turtles weapons and super pressure point moves, voice actress/musical actress becomes a magic princess who summons animals and elemental attacks, etc.]
Here, I think Johnny Cage from Mortal Kombat fits, given he's already a fighting game character who's an actor with super powers and fighting abilities. Bruce Campbell or Mr. T might also be funny if we don't already have characters that kind of take from aspects of them. Roger Rabbit could be an interesting unconventional choice, as well as Troy McClure (The Simpsons) if Phil Hartman were still with us. Maybe we could have Krusty the Clown, in that regard.

2. Different kinds of artists summon warriors based on their artistic mediums and creations [I.E. superhero/sci-fi artist, mangaka, surrealist painter, pop musician with a strange persona, pixel artist, etc.]
Rudy & Snap from Chalk Zone fit this perfectly. Other options could be Adeleine (Kirby), the Green Lantern [Kyle Rayner], Maxwell (Scribblenauts), Sketch Turner (Comix Zone), and any other meta artist characters I may be forgetting.

3. A world where powers and professional fighters exist, basically as a halfway point of professional wrestlers and games like Street Fighter, King of Fighters, etc. Has a criminal element, some mythological elements, and animal mutants, as well.
Given that I mentioned their series, Ken and Terry Bogard would be a great dual DLC pack. Not Ryu, I find Ken more interesting anyways. Plus he pairs better with Terry. Characters from Final Fight, Double Dragon, Streets of Rage, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Street Sharks, Scott Pilgrim, Kinnikuman, the Toxic Avenger, or even the WWE itself or the NBA probably wouldn't have a hard time fitting in here. I can even sort of see Sonic or Mario fitting in here, albeit very heavily modified versions of them [Mario would look more like Captain Lou/Bob Hoskins and use some more plumbing equipment as weapons in addition to pyrokinesis, Sonic would be more animalistic/cryptid-esque]. Spider-Man might also be able to fit in, though he'd also be more spider than man. This setting doesn't get super high-tech until the latter half, but at that point, I can see characters like RoboCop, the Terminator, Major Kusanagi (Ghost in the Shell), Cutey Honey, Inspector Gadget, Casshern, Cyborg 009, etc. fitting in. If I really wanted to, Dragon Ball could fit in, but that would also have to take a lot of tweaks in order to fit it to the rules of this universe. Also, again, Goku might look more animalistic, or might at least look more so in transformations.

4. My version of a superhero universe. The main villain is an ultimate prep-time hero gone evil, basically trying to become an authoritarian dictator who wants to destroy even the most minor super-criminals. However, the setting itself, despite this story's particular dark premise, can be wild and varied, and sometimes even comedic.
Characters from One Punch Man would fit perfectly into this world, as it can do goofy characters as well as big, threatening villains with dark motives. My Hero Academia, the Boys, Invincible, and Kick-Ass also seem like pretty obvious fits to pull from, though Kick-Ass would likely be out of his depth in a place with so many powers. RoboCop also kind of fits this as a satirical sort of superhero with tech elements, as well as Judge Dredd and the more obscure Marshal Law. I might not want to go as obvious as putting in Marvel or DC characters here, as much as I like many of them.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
It would wholeheartedly depend on what the theme/aesthetic/tone of my game is as well as what kind of fighting game it is. Since I don't have a particular game design in mind, it'd be hard to say.

I can say for sure that I'd not throw in just any old character. They'd have to fit the theme of the game. Or if they WERE to get in there would need to be soem agreement to give them an entirely new design to fit among the rest of the cast. An example would be how Ryu/Chun got cool, unique ranger outfits to make them blend in with the Power Rangers game as they'd be terribly out of place in their usual attire. Though even with a redesign I'd want them to fit mechanically with the game. If, for example, the combat system is more like an SNK fighter then characters that already fit that kind of system would work great.

Hard to say overall. Something I'd have to really sit down and think about. Design a whole 'hypothetical game' to properly answer the question.

Last edited:
Top Bottom