• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's review Charizard's Bair

Indigo_

Smash Cadet
I wanted to gather feedback on the situations where back air shines. This move is much more versatile and safe now with greatly reduced landing lag and a slightly larger hitbox. On top of all of that, It's even strong. Let us know how your new bair is changing your gameplay!

In the past, I used bair to go for a deep edge guard, punish aggressive aerials, and generally to disrupt the tempo of the match with a big, strong move that is pretty sneaky if you don't abuse it. However, I feel like due to how much more safe bair is now, it will have a lot more practical uses in specific match ups.

How are you using bair?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Before, I only really abused it on Smashville when the opponent was standing on the floating platform while it was offstage. Full hop buffer bair, and you can double/triple jump more bairs without landing. It's a very intimidating wall, deals great shield damage, nice frame trap if they want to dash off the platform. They can try to drop to the ledge or jump but you will be safe enough to respond to this. Now that the move is bigger and stronger, this is slightly more rewarding. You can net a stupid early kill with this. If they block two bairs, a Blitz will break shield.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I used it to space out and look for offstage kills now.

I also use it to pressure people on platforms since it does well against shields.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Hey y'all, just a friendly reminder that sweetspot bair does the same damage as an uncharged dsmash while having slightly higher knockback and way more safety if positioned correctly. This move hits harder than a large majority of smash attacks in the game while also being a great spacing move. Abuse the **** out of it.

Knucklessg1

Smash Rookie
Hey y'all, just a friendly reminder that sweetspot bair does the same damage as an uncharged dsmash while having slightly higher knockback and way more safety if positioned correctly. This move hits harder than a large majority of smash attacks in the game while also being a great spacing move. Abuse the **** out of it.
Is it possible to bair an opponent's shield followed by a flare blitz or rock smash to get the shield break?

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Yeah, especially if they hold shield for a bit before the bair. Easy to react to of course but everyone's instinct with those two moves is to shield. Not a bad setup. One thing though is that Rock Smash will pretty much always poke shields with the shards instead of breaking it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom