• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lets prepare! The Handy Dandy Kirby Newcomer List! (Adeline Is New On The List!)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Kirby is often looked down upon when it comes to smash Speculation!
Lets Fix That By Making a (Long) List Of Major Non Oneshot (meaning 2 Main Line Apearences outside of Remakes and Star Allies!) Characters with some Following Behind Them!
Its Pretty Important to read the list as its the center Point of this Thread! If You have Better Descriptions for the Characters i will replace my old Ones!
Also Feel Free To Copy the List As You Please! Whenever Someone Argues that Kirby Doesnt Deserve/ Has More Characters! (But Dont Spam it)

Kirby Is often dismissed when it comes to Smash for a multitude of Unfair and Uninformed Reasons the biggest being a general Lack of understanding Of Kirbys Cast And Characters! It doesnt help that the by far most requested Character looks like a Hat Goomba (Which he Isnt but well that sadly doesnt matter to most) Lets Prepare for Smash 6 with a List Of Kirby Character with little to no Valid Arguments against them so that everyone even dee dislikers can find someone to rally behind! here is The current List IM begging you in the Name of VOID to join me in making the best List(s) we can and to argue Socially about which Characters should get into smash!

Bandana Dee
Hes in almost Everything including being the only other Playable Character in the first 3d Instalment!
Galacta Knight
Major secret Boss In Multiple Kirby Mainline Games (Also could be Meta Knight Echo)
Morpho knight
He fills the Same Role as Galacta Knight Now!
Whispy
Major Boss Comparable to Bowser jr
Kracko
same is Also Playable Via Adeline in star allies
Dark Matter
Sword Form:
True Form:
Representative of Most Kirby Final Bosses
Magolor
another Important Character having A major Role in RTDL aswell as being Playable in fighters 2
Gooey
Was Playable Twice and could be a Echo for Kirby
Adeline (TBD)
If theres Big Push back against her i might scrub her from the list but yeah shes not a One Off and had major roles!

Characters that in my Opinion Shouldnt be added currently are ahem:
Marx while hes a Fine Character believe that would be like adding king Wulfirc instead of King Krool for a TON Of Kirby Fans
Fecto Elfilis and other One Offs Including Characters that appeared more often makes more Sense for me!
Generic Enemys: Considering that Waddle Dees are the Best Kirby Enemys and that BWD Exists theres no reason for Characters like Knuckle Joe to exist outside of Being an Actual Enemy in a Mode!

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Lord
My heart belongs to Bandana Dee (and Magolor), but I'm starting to come around to Dark Matter

Quillion

Smash Hero
Kirby could use another character, but I stand by my opinion that the only potential characters it has are too derivative of something else in Kirby (BWD, Galacta, Morpho) or one-shot. Something's gonna give either way.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I still believe a BWD with the ability to switch between Spear and Parasol would not only give him a distinct play style but also effectively pay tribute to the history of the character/type as a lead and as a mook.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Kirby could use another character, but I stand by my opinion that the only potential characters it has are too derivative of something else in Kirby (BWD, Galacta, Morpho) or one-shot. Something's gonna give either way.
Except neither Darkmatter, Whispy, Kracko or Magolor are Direvitive! all of which had major roles in atleast 3 Games!

Quillion

Smash Hero
Except neither Darkmatter, Whispy, Kracko or Magolor are Direvitive! all of which had major roles in atleast 3 Games!
If you really want Whispy to walk around or Kracko to just float there, you're overly desperate at this point.

And don't bring up Ridley; at least he had arms and legs to modify to make a bit more humanoid, whereas Whispy and Kracko don't.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yeah...
Here:

And When it comes to Kracko him floating really isnt an issue and heck hes a malubale (Probably Badly written) Cloud so it shouldnt be hard letting him Grab Something!

Batkelley

Smash Cadet
I remember feeling like Prince Fluff or Yarn Kirby would've been neat picks during Smash 4 speculation, although at this point I feel like they're probably not likely unless Epic Yarn gets a sequel.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I remember feeling like Prince Fluff or Yarn Kirby would've been neat picks during Smash 4 speculation, although at this point I feel like they're probably not likely unless Epic Yarn gets a sequel.
Having 2 Kirbys is a little weird tho!
Im also not the biggest fan of Epic Yarn as its basically kirby without Abilitys!
Also unlike Yoshi making Yarn kirby/ Prince Fluff really needs a new Character although if we ever get a Kirby Fighters Sequel with all dreamfriends already in it i would be partial to prince Fluff and Drawcia as Spin off Reps!
Also Having a Stage of Epic Yarn wouldve been neat if it isnt a grassland atleast!

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Again do you guys know any Non Oneshot (Which sadly Prince Fluff is) Kirby Characters that have yet to make it on the List!
Im Thinking of Maybe Doing Some Of These:
Maybe Lololo and Lalala they had their Own Gameseries Afterall?
Maybe we can find the Perfect DEDEDE Echo? Maybe King D Mind Im mean he sorta Appeared thrice once in Amazing Mirror, Triple Deluxe and Team Kirby Clash!

Adeline is Added atleast for now!

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Whats your opinion on this Possible King Dedede Echo Fighter?:
KING D MIND

He Seems Like a Weird Choice until you realize That Dark Mind already Apeared in AMzing Mirror and Shadow Dedede Apeared in Triple Deluxe!
Meaning rthis Character has sorta 3 Apearences Qualifying him for this List! And hes technically Dark Mind not King (Shadow) Dedede!
He Isnt Added Yet so decide thsi Characters Fate!

Top Bottom