• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lets not let this subforum die.

Mazdamaxsti

Smash Lord
NNID
Mazdamaxsti
I don't really post on Project am posts a lot, let alone make threads, but Charizard can't be THAT much of an unpopular character to get 1-2 posts on a thread A DAY. Heck, the last post before this was yesterday at 5:00 PM :/

Anyways, Project M is a big game. Lets get more discussions going for Zard, we should update the guide to 3.5, have a good match-up discussion going on, and more. We should unsticky/update the stickies threads, and just chat about viability more.

Charizard is a great character (I'm debating if he's my first or second main) and I don't want to see him get this little respect. We could have a Charizard tournament placings thread, etc.

I understand most people left to the Skype group, but give the Zard some smashboards love! C'mon!

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
I don't really post on Project am posts a lot, let alone make threads, but Charizard can't be THAT much of an unpopular character to get 1-2 posts on a thread A DAY. Heck, the last post before this was yesterday at 5:00 PM :/

Anyways, Project M is a big game. Lets get more discussions going for Zard, we should update the guide to 3.5, have a good match-up discussion going on, and more. We should unsticky/update the stickies threads, and just chat about viability more.

Charizard is a great character (I'm debating if he's my first or second main) and I don't want to see him get this little respect. We could have a Charizard tournament placings thread, etc.

I understand most people left to the Skype group, but give the Zard some smashboards love! C'mon!
In all fairness, the Skype group is a fantastic mine of information, but I mean, mining through all of the things that the Skype group has talked about and putting it up on the forums isn't something that anyone is going to do anytime soon. And it should also be noted that the Skype group is the healthiest and biggest of pretty much any other Skype group, 48 people and now coming up on 9 months of constant communication and discussion is very impressive.

As for the guide, well I'm a triple major in college, so I don't really have any time to really update the guide right now, but I may sometime in the future but it's unlikely. As for other discussions and questions around the board, the attitude from the veterans is very much "hey if you have questions just ask away and we'll answer" because we've pretty much already covered everything in the chat. From the standpoint of someone who is very active in the Skype group, having the same discussion in two different places is tedious honestly, and Skype is much better for this sort of thing anyways since chatting is so much faster.

All this being said, I do agree with you, but from my perspective we've grown one of the healthiest and best Skype groups in the PM community, and that's worth something. I'd love to see smash boards more active, but none of the veterans really feel much of a reason to honestly. Joe has been starting a MU thread and much else besides, but like I said, we've had the same discussion in the chat.

However, having gone back and actually reviewed what I just said, I think what I'm really trying to say is that we don't really have any good reasons to be more active on the boards other than we're just lazy dragons who want to lounge around on Skype for the most part :p .

theOVEN

Smash Cadet
my zard has been semi-retired for a long time (I have a real problem with deciding on a main) but he woke up from his nap this weekend at a tourney at ISU and I'm pretty sure that he'll be the main main. Myself and Ripple also took 2nd with a double zard team and the hype was real. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the skype group since I don't like the program and reading through pages and pages of chat to get to the good stuff is no fun. I was looking at the guide myself, am I allowed to update it? I have some insightful things to add!

Last edited:

Heroofhatz

Smash Journeyman
my zard has been semi-retired for a long time (I have a real problem with deciding on a main) but he woke up from his nap this weekend at a tourney at ISU and I'm pretty sure that he'll be the main main. Myself and Ripple also took 2nd with a double zard team and the hype was real. Personally, I'm not a big fan of the skype group since I don't like the program and reading through pages and pages of chat to get to the good stuff is no fun. I was looking at the guide myself, am I allowed to update it? I have some insightful things to add!
You're more than welcome to post on the page if you want something added, I may end up creating a google doc so that people can edit the guide but I still have a little control on what goes in. Just let me know.

Top Bottom