• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashboards Creates: Battle of AGES, a SEGA platform fighter

What's the roster number gonna be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Dice: The sort of insane gamble item I can get behind.
2. Alurna: A whip weapon genuinely sounds pretty unique and gives some range to the rangeless.

Shout out to the Forklift item which is an incredibly fun idea but I felt Ryo(assuming he gets in at some point) needs it in his moveset more than other characters do as an item. Really like the idea of rideable items though. Very cool idea.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Alright, the votes are in:

Dice: 4 points
Forklift: 12 points
Rappy: 6 points
Alruna: 4 points
Bird Fly: 4 points

And with that, our next two items will be the Forklift and Rappy!

So we are now moving on to our next character job. In fact, this is our 100th job! I'm genuinely really happy we've come so far and I'd like to thank all of you for contributing to this project and helping me push it forward. We've grown a real nice community out of this project, and I've had an absolute blast.

So what's our next character job? Well, this is probably one of the most interesting jobs we've done so far. There is a particular category of characters that we've always had a call to include more of, and I think it's time we take some steps regarding that. Drumroll please.....

Job #100: Submit a villanous/antagonistic SEGA character

That's right, *******: it's time for things to get Very Very Bad And Evil And Not Good

If there's something I've kept seeing people on here mention, it's that our roster is pretty lacking in villains. We have one. Just one. Among 20 characters. And I say that's criminal! Cut it out with all the goody-goody characters, we need more pieces of **** in here! Eggman needs a friend!

So yeah, in an attempt to allieviate that ever so slightly, our newest character prompt will be dedicated entirely to SEGA villains (or at least characters that have mostly played antagonistic roles :V)! If you dig deep enough, there's quite the amount of fun options, actually.

But here's the twist: the ol' dealio about only new series being allowed.....still applies. Which means that whatever series gets a character out of this prompt will end up with a villain as its first representative. That's right, it's about goddamn time we got some ****ing stakes in here. It's time we majorly shake things up. It's time we get serious.

Anyway yeah have fuuuuuuuuuuuuun :D

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
I apologize in advance for the aneurism I’m about to give Speed and Fly for this submission, but I need to get this one out of my system.

Job #100: Aletheia (Trauma Center)

Okay, this one’s a bit unconventional, but hear me out here. Aletheia’s weird because it isn’t really a villain in the traditional sense. Rather, it’s one of multiple strains of the neo-GUILT pathogen, which in turn was developed from the artificial disease GUILT. Unlike the original GUILT disease which was used for acts of bio-terrorism, neo-GUILT is sold by a pharmecutical company as a miracle medicine that can enhance the body. However, Neo-GUILT still attacks the body in the same ways its predecessor does, proving itself to still be a threat to peoples’ lives. Aletheia specifically halts the host’s aging process and gains full control over their body once it infects them. It is the final strain of Neo-GUILT that the player has to confront and remove from the host’s body.

That’s right, my villain pitch is a mother****ing disease. Granted it’s a powerful body-altering disease, but still, not something that would usually transfer well into a playable character. At least, so it seems. You see, Trauma Center isn’t just a normal surgery simulator, so extracting diseases isn’t as simple as it might sound. Aletheia specifically can call upon other strains of GUILT to protect itself and prevent Derek Stiles from making any progress. Basically, imagine if a tumor was a Touhou boss and that’s your average Trauma Center boss fight. It’s more than capable of defending itself, so there’s plenty to pull from for a moveset. Basically, I imagine it being a floating eyeball that can also summon other viruses to attack the opponent. Also, one of the main things that prompted me to submit Aletheia was that somebody I know put it in their fan roster as a fighter a while back, and the idea of it making its way into this project in any capacity has lived rent-free in my head ever since.

While I think Derek Stiles would be the most appropriate choice should we decide to give Trauma Center a playable fighter, Aletheia being able to summon every strain of GUILT does give it some fun moveset potential, plus it being a disease would be enough to turn heads and get people talking. And considering Trauma Center is one of Atlus’ more well-known non-Megaten endeavors, it being represented alongside Joker and Raidou would make sense.

Attachments

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Killer (Persona 4)

I'm spoiler tagging this nomination and leaving the name vague because this is technically a big endgame spoiler (and gives away the central mystery) for Persona 4. I have no idea if Persona 4 or Persona 4 Golden will get a Switch port after the success of the Steam release, but either way, I want to play it safe

Have you beaten Persona 4?

And gotten the true/good ending?

(Honestly, this level of secrecy seems unnecessary since the killer's identity was given away by spin-offs and crossovers, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone)

Tohru Adachi (Persona 4)

Seemingly the bumbling, naive rookie on the police force who's a little too open with details about the ongoing murder case, Tohru Adachi is actually the cynical killer who has been throwing people into the TV World and leaving them to die at the hands of the Shadows that inhabit it.

Adachi's Persona, Magatsu Izanagi, is a dark reflection of the main protagonist's default Persona, Izanagi. In addition to powerful physical attacks like Vorpal Blade, Magatsu Izanagi can also use powerful electric and wind attacks. Adachi can technically fight on his own, as seen in his playable appearances in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, though without his Persona, he can't do anything fancy, resorting to kicking people or pistol-whipping them.

As Persona games tend to be self-contained (at least by my understanding), he's never interacted with Joker (to my knowledge, anyway - I haven't played much of Persona Q2), though it seems like they'd have an interesting dynamic if there is a story mode, considering that Joker's a noble Robin Hood-style thief, while Adachi is a corrupt/killer (ex-)cop.

(Edit: I've been informed that this character isn't eligible, though I'll leave this up in case they're eligible later on - that way, I can just quote this rather than completely rewriting it)

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
The Killer (Persona 4)

I'm spoiler tagging this nomination and leaving the name vague because this is technically a big endgame spoiler (and gives away the central mystery) for Persona 4. I have no idea if Persona 4 or Persona 4 Golden will get a Switch port after the success of the Steam release, but either way, I want to play it safe

Have you beaten Persona 4?

And gotten the true/good ending?

(Honestly, this level of secrecy seems unnecessary since the killer's identity was given away by spin-offs and crossovers, but I don't want to ruin it for anyone)

Tohru Adachi (Persona 4)

Seemingly the bumbling, naive rookie on the police force who's a little too open with details about the ongoing murder case, Tohru Adachi is actually the cynical killer who has been throwing people into the TV World and leaving them to die at the hands of the Shadows that inhabit it.

Adachi's Persona, Magatsu Izanagi, is a dark reflection of the main protagonist's default Persona, Izanagi. In addition to powerful physical attacks like Vorpal Blade, Magatsu Izanagi can also use powerful electric and wind attacks. Adachi can technically fight on his own, as seen in his playable appearances in Persona 4 Arena Ultimax and BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle, though without his Persona, he can't do anything fancy, resorting to kicking people or pistol-whipping them.

As Persona games tend to be self-contained (at least by my understanding), he's never interacted with Joker (to my knowledge, anyway - I haven't played much of Persona Q2), though it seems like they'd have an interesting dynamic if there is a story mode, considering that Joker's a noble Robin Hood-style thief, while Adachi is a corrupt/killer (ex-)cop.
Just a heads up, this is for series who aren’t already represented on our roster, so this character is unfortunately not viable. Which is a shame, because I otherwise really like the submission.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Just a heads up, this is for series who aren’t already represented on our roster, so this character is unfortunately not viable. Which is a shame, because I otherwise really like the submission.
Darn. I'll leave the post there in case I want to nominate that character again later, though since they're not eligible, I'll nominate someone else instead.

The Black Baron (MadWorld)

That's right, pimps, players, and pain purveyors, we're nominating the bishop of blood and carnage, the Black Mother****ing Baron (stop starin'), since we don't have any MadWorld content in the game. (though if he gets in, his boss themes (Look Pimpin' for the first phase, So Cold for the second) would likely have to be instrumentals to avoid raising the age rating)

The Black Baron is the host of DeathWatch, who demonstrates how the various competitions work... by constantly getting killed by his assistant, Mathilda. Despite being turned into bloody smears and dying in various comedic and gruesome ways, he keeps coming back, and somehow winds up being the final boss of the game. He fights like a boxer for the most part, though he doesn't strictly stick to boxing. He can use drop-kicks can send out powerful gusts of wind, and in the later stages of his boss fight, he can use flaming uppercuts, charge up a punch that creates a vortex to pull people towards himself, and use flying kicks that surround him with lightning.

The Black Baron isn't exactly a serious threat, but he's more interesting than the final boss of Anarchy Reigns, and the black and white (and red) Sin City-style aesthetics of MadWorld would definitely make him stand out among the cast. (And of course, any stage tied to him would need to have MadWorld's commentators mocking anyone who gets KO'd, commenting if certain items appear, or just making irreverent and irrelevant remarks)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Congrats on everyone for the 100. job! My suggestion is a bit predictable compared to the others but he's still someone I think would make up for a cool fighter:

Job #100: Death Adder (Golden Axe)

1636699529640.png

Death Adder is the main antagonist of the Golden Axe series, appearing in multiple games and having several copycats. He's the descendant of a race of evil giants that fought against the gods many years ago, and his ultimate purpose is to conquer the world and rule it using the power of the titular Golden Axe, the latter of which would make him a fitting solo fighter hailing from his franchise.

We already have a good idea about how he would fight from his side-scrolling action games and playable role in Golden Axe: The Duel fighting game. Death Adder would be a giant of a fighter, being the tallest character in the cast bar Bayonetta. Other than wielding his axe with tremendous strength, he also has a large shield with a dragon head that can release fireballs or lightning from its mouth, and absorb magic. He also has his own version of magic, allowing him to punch the ground the create moving shockwaves.

Job 100:
SEGA: "Tankman from Newgrounds, can you present something more better than AiAi as Monkey Ball rep in Battle of AGES?"
Me: "Sure, here you go!"

Dr. Bad-Boon (Super Monkey Ball)
That's Right!
Dr. Bad-Boon is main Villain Scientist of Super Monkey Ball series, despite he appeared in Super Monkey Ball 2. He kidnaps Bananas and AiAi's friends and AiAi needs to save them, before it's too Late! Dr. Bad-boon was falling in Love with Melee, but AiAi married her and he became Evil because of it. He could be taking AiAi's role as Super Monkey Ball Rep, mwhahahahahahaha!!

Well, if he was in Battle of AGES as Playable, he could have interesting Potential moveset like Mallets, Boxing Gloves, His inventions and Monkey Ball as his Attacks for example for no-brainer Villain. The examples of Attacks I had in mind are Monkey Ball as his Side B, which he rolls forwards or backwards, while having Super Armor.
And his All-Star Move could be Deadly Monkey Ball Course (The original One), where Dr. Bad-boon sends 3 Foes into single Hamster Ball and controls the stage badly, that at the end, he shakes the Stage, causing foes to fall-off from the Course and Die, ending his Nefarious All-star Move!
He could be even Heavyweight Zoner, who could use Ranged Attacks.

And if he had a Home Stage, it could be Monkey Ball Course that acts like Minecraft World, where you change the Layout and environment like first world or Bad-Boon's Lair. Unique, isn't it?

I picked Dr. Bad-boon as nomination for Unrepresented Villain, because despite his Under-rated status, he could represent Super Monkey Ball series (Screw AiAi, Dr. Bad-boon is true Chad) and he could be another Villain Rep in the Game. He could be Unexpected pick for Villain due to his limited status that could suprise all SEGA fans around the World. BTW, he could be unique pick over AiAi, since we never had a Monkey Character in the Roster and he could be fun to play.
If you think that he doesn't have too much potential, then you're Wrong!! Wrong!! WRONG!!

Guess the Dr. Bad-boon will make AiAi fans whine...
Anyway, end of my Nomination. How do you like it?
(Sorry, I don't have photo of him, but you can look up in Google about him)

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Job 100:
Lucifer (Shin Megami Tensei)

Lucifer is the Main Antagonist from Shin Megami Tensei series. He is Fallen Angel, who was used to be in heaven, but he tried to overthrow God and he fell to Underworld Heck by Punishment from God. He appeared in some games of SMT, especially the SMT V. He also is the Main Big Bad Guy of the Series!

Well, if he was in Battle of AGES, the he would be like Ridley that he can be Scaled Down and he could be the heaviest Character in the Game due to fact that he is very big, but he can be Scaled Down, so there are no issues here.
As his moveset for Big Bad Lucifer, he could use his attacks like in his Boss Fights and he could summon demons like Alice or Beelzebub as Attack that could assist Him. His Up B could be Flight, where he started to fly with his 6 Wings and his Allstar-Move could be His Ultmate Attack that obliterates Opponents to state of Knockout!
Also don't forget that some of his attacks are original like Ridley's.

If He even had Stage in Battle of AGES, it could be Ruined Tokyo from Shin Megami Tensei V.

I picked the Lucifer for my Nomination, because he could the Ridley of Sega Smash Clone due to his height and he could have cool interesting potential moveset. He could be another SMT rep, but he could be Wildcard Villain pick due to being a surprising one that no one Expects that Luficer the Fallen Angel becomes Playable in Roster of Battle of AGES.
Cool pick isn't it?
Like if you're familiar with him (I dont Have photo of him, but you look up in Google if you want to).
Hey uhhhhhhh this prompt is just for villains from series who aren't on this roster yet so Lucifer is ineligible

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Job #100: Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles)

1636722003660.png

Selvaria Bles is a major antagonist in several Valkyria Chronicles games, originally showing up in the first game as one of the titular Valkyrias, later receiving DLC expansions focused on her, appearances in future game as an unlockable unit, and several other appearances as well. She's a powerful fighter, a tank of a human being with a big ol' lance and a heavy machine gun.

As for why she's a great representative of the series, well, she's a fan favorite and a common crossover character, including showing up as a Valkyria Chronicles rep in other crossover fighters! Amusingly, she's had so many crossovers the Valkyria wiki has a separate page for it. She was even a boss in Project X Zone!

I also think that being one of Sega's biggest RPG franchises, Valkyria needs a rep. Selvaria may not be my first choice, but she would be the first choice for plenty others and has just as much of a reason to be chosen as someone like Alicia or Welkin, especially when you consider her crossover popularity.

Finally, I'll leave you with Osby's post from way way back from Job 25(!). Be sure to click on the included pic in that post to see her other look. She's cool!

We really have nothing but great character nominations so far. I'll go with someone who's a little unconventional but I hope still makes sense for this game.

Job #25: Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles, 2008)

View attachment 316968

For those who don't know, Valkyria Chronicles is a series of games that combine tactics, strategy, and shooting genres with JRPGs. It's a popular and critically acclaimed series dealing with military conflict set during a fictional early 20th century Europe. It's one of SEGA's most successful modern IPs, receiving multiple spin-offs and adaptations.

Selvaria appeared in the first game as one of the main antagonists. Yes, she's not the protagonist but thanks to his break-out popularity, she essentially became one of the faces of the franchise, appearing in some capacity in every entry. She even appeared as a playable character in another crossover fighting game (along with Akira) over her game's main heroine.

Aside from being a unique addition as a female antagonist, Selvaria would also come with some impressive moveset potential. As a one-woman-army, she fights with a shield and a lance that's strong enough to pierce tanks. She can also wield a sword and various firearms, most notably her heavy machine gun Ruhm. She's also one of the titular Valkyrias of the series, having powers like creating energy blasts and super speed.

So, yeah, uh, she'd be neat.
Job 100! What a milestone! It's been so fun to be part of this thread, brainstorming with fellow Sega fans and creating a game I can truly say I'm proud of. We have some super fun days ahead of us and can't wait to see this project through to the end.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
I considered re-submitting Neff, but...honestly, this guy left more of an impression on me than many of his Sega villainous peers.

Job #100: Lan Di (Shenmue)

Lan-Di.png

Lan Di, otherwise known as Longsun Zhao, is an incredibly skilled chinese martial artist and the main antagonist of the Shenmue franchise. It is his arrival at the Hazuki family dojo, and the subsequent murder of Iwao Hazuki, Ryo's father, that kick starts the story.

Lan Di is a member of the Chi You Men organization, and has set out to obtain both the Dragon Mirror, and the Phoenix Mirror. When these mirrors are combined they are said to create a map that will lead to a great secret. Lan Di obtains the Dragon Mirror from Iwao Hazuki, and Ryo later finds the Phoenix Mirror.

Fans of Shenmue had waited 19 years for the confrontation between Ryo Hazuki and Lan Di, and Yu Suzuki had promised the two would finally have their showdown in Shenmue III.

WELL....ABOUT THAT. Spoilers ahead:
Not only does Lan Di still emerge the victor in the final battle, Ryo cannot even land a single hit on him.

That's right. 19 years after Shenmue II, and despite all Ryo's martial arts growth, he has made absolutely zero progress on taking down his father's killer. The game autoblocks absolutely everything you, as Ryo, throw at Lan Di. And Lan Di does it with a hand behind his back. He's not even trying.

The game then cuts to a cutscene where Ryo gets punked by Lan Di, and it's only because Ren momentarily offers Lan Di a fake Phoenix Mirror in exchange for Ryo's life, is Ryo not murdered there and then. Gameplay wise, it's a huge let down.

As a result, it wasn't quite the showdown fans of the franchise wanted...so I feel like we have a great opportunity here in Battle of Ages to give Shenmue fans relieve a little bit of stress with the inclusion of Lan Di. That and feeling like an invincible martial artist assassin, IMO would feel fun.

Other pluses include the fact Lan Di is very very rarely(if ever) used in Sega crossovers, making him a rather unique addition, whilst making perfect sense for a fighting title.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Did someone likes my Idea of Dr. Badboon as Playable?
I actually do quite like Bad-Boon, I just wish he'd been used more in the series.

Admittedly though I'm surprised you didn't go for the Bonanza Bros. as I remember you mentioned them a fair bit. As villainous protagonists they'd likely have been viable picks for this round.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, you're right.
But I realized now I could submit Neff before, but I tried to do something unique like Dr Bad-boon, who could have AiAi's moveset. Odd, wasn't it?
Honestly, I say Neff could've been more unique. Unlike how you give Bad-boon mostly the stuff playable monkeys have, Neff actually has his own transformations that set him apart, not that I think Bad-boon is a bad pick.

I actually do quite like Bad-Boon, I just wish he'd been used more in the series.

Admittedly though I'm surprised you didn't go for the Bonanza Bros. as I remember you mentioned them a fair bit. As villainous protagonists they'd likely have been viable picks for this round.
And sorry for Double Post here.
As for you YoshiandToad, I think that I didn't want to submit Playable Villain.
So I wanted to go into something more Unique.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
"I must admit, I really respect your consistency. But you will never, ever defeat me! Say hello to my masterpiece!"

Thanks for the introduction, Curien.

Job #100 - SEGA Villain: The Magician from The House of the Dead
a4e6e9ddc658288786548af406e3ad1a.jpg

(Listen to this for maximum effect)

Type-0, codenamed "The Magician", is a recurring boss in the House of the Dead franchise. A synthetic humanoid creature with special powers, he's the masterpiece of Dr. Curien, and has had to be fought and defeated by the AMS multiple times.

I've pushed for Rikiya Busujima as the HotD rep in the past - and I'll continue doing so if the Magician doesn't win this prompt - but the latter would probably be my second choice from the series. He's appeared time and time again in the series, being the final boss of the first game and reappearing as a boss in the second and fourth. He possesses fire powers and the ability to teleport and levitate, which could make for one hell of a sick moveset. He's a huge fan-favorite, being easily the most iconic and memorable of the series' bosses. And I think of the villains that are eligible for this job, he in particular would still work really well as a standalone representative for his series, I feel. Also he's just ****ing sick.

So yeah, no big writeups this time, but the Magician is cool and epic and awesome and it'd be very cool and epic and awesome if he got in, even with how much I've shilled for Busujima

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
1. Death Adder (Golden Axe content is deservable)
2. Black Baron
3. Lan Di

Last edited:

OrpheusTelos

Smash Lord
1. Selvaria (Valkyria is one of the few big missing pieces on our roster right now and she seems to be one of Sega’s most well-known villains. Adding her just makes sense)
2. Death Adder (Although not as big of a priority as Valkyria, we really should get some Golden Axe in here at some point. And Death Adder would be a fantastic choice given his prominence in the series)
3. Black Baron (Getting MadWorld anything in our roster would be based as ****. Also helps that the Black Baron is just cool in his own right)

I also wanna give an honorable mention to Lan Di and Magician. Lan Di for being an inspired choice for a crossover rep, and Magician for having a potentially fun moveset. A lot of good choices this round.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
1. The Magician
2. Selvaria
3. Lan Di

I could vote for the Black Baron, but I figure one point won't make much of a difference (though now I've likely jinxed myself and he'll lose by one point), so I chose to vote for other people's nominations instead. (Since it's a pretty good line-up this time)

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is a tough round...

1. Death Adder (While Gilius Thunderhead is great, I think this is a head-turning Golden Axe inclusion that rules)
2. Lan Di (I know, logically, he shouldn't be in before Ryo, and there's very little reason to include a second Shenmue rep once Ryo gets in...but the cool factor of an unstoppable martial arts crime boss facing off against characters like Kiryu or Raidou has me giddy)
3. Selvaria (Self-vote, but Valkyria really needs to get on this roster somehow)

Honorable mentions include The Magician (HOTD needs to be in and this is SUCH a cool choice), Black Baron (Such an awesome character and would be just as cool as Jack, especially since he also was in Anarchy Reigns), and Aletheia (A Shuma-Gorath-esque summoner character? Insanely fun idea).

Seriously, I could vote for all of these....

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
1. Death Adder: Iconic villain, makes for an a great alt crossover addition to the more often used Gilius, and is visually more interesting than both Ax and Tyris.

2. Selvaria Bles: Only reason she's not first for me is that whilst I really love Valkyria Chronicles, I'm very torn on which character I feel is best suited for the fighter. Selvaria is the crossover queen and is one of the titular Valkyria, but I feel like both Alicia and Welkin have strong merits for the fighter role too, and that's not even looking past the very first game. Selvaria is still cool though and I want SOME Valkyria representation eventually.

3. Lan Di: Shameless self vote, Lan Di is an unstoppable martial artist that I'd love to see both Akira Yuki and Kiryu face off with let alone Ryo himself.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Aight, voting is over! Let's take a look:

Aletheia: 0 points
Black Baron: 3 points
Adder: 15 points
Bad-Boon: 1 point
Selvaria: 19 points
Lan Di: 8 points
Magician: 8 points

That's right: the winner of this job, the second villain in this roster and the next character to join Battle of AGES is Selvaria Bles!!!!!

And with that, let's jump right into the usual stuff we do with each new character:

Job #101: Submit a moveset for Selvaria

And of course, that begins with putting together a moveset for her. Here's the Sacred Moveset Format as usual:

-General playstyle overview
-Notable normal attacks
-Specials and All-Star Move
-Misc. info, such as taunts and palette swaps and such

change da world. my final message. goodbye

osby

Smash Obsessed
Job #101: Selvaria Bles (Valkyria Chronicles)

Moveset:

General playstyle:
Selvaria’s playstyle is focused on oppressing her opponents with strong and long normal attacks. She has low mobility across the board, which can be mitigated somehow with her specials. Her low stamina means that she’ll have to know when to use her kit defensively to keep herself in battle longer and brutally punish any mistakes on the opposite side in order to achieve victory. Fitting to a strategy game character, Selvaria rewards reading mistakes and knowing when to take advantage of her Assist to cover her weaknesses. Her air attacks are particularly strong and effective due to their reach and knockback. As she holds her shield in front of her, Selvaria can block projectiles with her crouch. She also possesses a unique ability in the form of Valkyria Form, indicated by a blue glow around her. She’ll enter this form when she has less than 25% stamina (or 30%, if she’s behind a stock). This form grants her a damage multiplier, gives her smash attacks some damage-based armor, and makes her air dashes faster.

Notable normal attacks:

Ground Attacks:

Neutral Attack: She performs a low kick followed by a thrust of the hilt of her lance and finally a backhanded shield bash.

Forward Tilt: A roundhouse kick.

Down Tilt: A heel swipe.

Up Tilt: An overhead kick.

Dash Attack: A flying kick.

Air Attacks:

Air Dash: She disappears temporarily with a flash when air dashing, similar to her side special.

Neutral Aerial: She hits with an extended leg. Weak but stays out for long.

Down Aerial: She draws a wide “v” shape with her lance which is an immensely powerful meteor smash at the very tip but also very slow.

Up Aerial: She swings her shield above her head. Cancels most projectiles.

Back Aerial: She hits behind with her shield. Cancels most projectiles.

Forward Aerial: She raises her lance from below her to in front of her.

Smash Moves:

Forward Smash: She thrusts her lance forward as she steps forward. Has great reach and has a sweet spot at the tip of the lance. However, it’s slow and a little weak for a forward smash.

Down Smash: She stabs her lance to the ground in front of her. Only hits one side but deals strong shield damage.

Up Smash: She thrusts her lance directly upward. Poor horizontal reach but goes up far.

Throws:

Grab: She holds the opponent from their neck with her free hand.

Pummel: She zaps the opponent with blue energy.

Forward Throw: She lunges with her lance.

Back Throw: She disappears before reappearing behind the opponent and kicking them with her back turned.

Up Throw: She uppercuts the opponent with her shield.

Down Throw: She knocks the opponent to the ground as she steps on them.

Specials moves:

Neutral Special: Ream Beam. Selvaria gets behind her shield and charges her lance to send projectiles made of blue energy from the tip of it. These blasts have respectable damage output and travel fast but their long startup and recovery time makes them hard to use as a way of zoning out opponents. By charging the special longer, she can fire up to five shots, which can stun-lock some opponents and deal high damage. However, she’ll lose the ability to shield or jump cancel when going for the full charge and has to commit to the attack. In her Valkyria Form, the blasts from this attack have a fire effect and Selvaria can cancel its charge into an air dash or dodge at any given time.

Side Special: After Image. Selvaria vanishes and reappears in a blue flash, appearing to be teleported. Can only be used in a straight line in front of her and passes through opponents. Holding the special button delays the startup and increases her travel distance. If done a “smash input”, Selvaria will end her flash step with a shield bash. This move is highly ineffective against shields and as a mobility tool due to its long recovery and complete lack of invulnerability. However, it can be used to punish opponents from almost a full stage away and can be used as a combo finisher even to her strong moves. When used in the air, Selvaria can do an “empty” move by inputting the other direction after she disappears, reappearing with a lance slash. This can extend her air time and create a surprise hit but will leave her helpless afterward.

Down Special: Ruhm. Selvaria takes out her custom machine gun and starts firing diagonally above and in front of her. This attack deals little damage but can keep multiple opponents in the air for a short while as its attack is an extended hitbox rather than individual projectiles. It has great reach and therefore can be used to KO opponents on the other side of the stage. It’s kept in check by its unconventional angle. When Selvaria finishes shooting, she’ll drop the gun to the ground (which is a weak projectile) and has to wait for a while to use it again.

Up Special: Air Raid. Selvaria’s take on Dragon Punch, as she rises skyward while “punching” with her shield. It is useful for her KO’ing weak opponents with its armored rush which can be quickly done out of shield or crouch. However, its recovery potential is very weak as it halts all of its aerial momenta upon use and travels little horizontal and mediocre vertical distance. If Selvaria connects with an opponent during the zenith of the move, she can “grab” them and throw them away. This can KO surprisingly early but adds an even longer ending lag to a move that already leaves Selvaria helpless.

All-Star Move: War Dance of Valkyria. Selvaria raises her lance upward as it flashes with blue energy, before pointing it forward and releasing a large beam of blue light that covers the entire stage and traps the opponents in. While using it, she may say “Leave this to me!” or “I never miss.”

Final Flame
. In a 1vs1 match where both opponents are on their final stocks and if Selvaria is in her Valkyria Form, she can use Final Flame instead by holding the special button during the startup. For this attack, she’ll rise to the air while glowing intensely and create a detonation large enough to cover most stages. This All-Star Move deals significantly higher damage than her other one but also instantly KOs her, only counting her the winner of the match if it also finishes her enemy off. Therefore, it should be only used if Selvaria literally has no other choice to win the match. While using it, Selvaria may say “I'll not go out quietly...”

Other:

Aesthetics:
Selvaria is based on her Valkyria Chronicles model with more animated hair to reflect her 2D artwork. Her design has some small tweaks to maintain the game’s age rating. She is voiced by Sayaka Ohara in Japanese and Carrie Keranen in other regions. Her palette swaps are mostly similar to her Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax appearance, along with a few that reflects Squad 7 and Squad E uniforms.

Entrance animation: Selvaria flash steps onto the stage and pulls her lance from the ground, saying “Engaging.”

Taunts:
Taunt 1: Selvaria closes her eyes and burns with blue flames as her hair dramatically blows.
Taunt 2: Selvaria points her lance forward, saying “Enemy is sighted”. If she has taken any stocks, she may instead say “Enemy neutralized.”
Taunt 3: Selvaria holds her shield against her chest and hits it with her lance twice, saying “Shore up your defenses!”

Victory Animations:
Victory 1: Selvaria plunges her lance to the ground and turns her back to the camera, saying “Good work.”

Victory 2: Selvaria poses with her lance-holding arm above her head and looks condescendingly, saying “Set your aim true as the Valkyria lance!”

Victory 3: Selvaria raises her lance before swinging it twice and holds it across her shield against her chest. In team matches, she’ll say “I have your back.” or “Good job.”

Attachments

Last edited:
Aight, voting is over! Let's take a look:

Aletheia: 0 points
Black Baron: 3 points
Adder: 15 points
Bad-Boon: 1 point
Selvaria: 19 points
Lan Di: 8 points
Magician: 8 points

That's right: the winner of this job, the second villain in this roster and the next character to join Battle of AGES is Selvaria Bles!!!!!

And with that, let's jump right into the usual stuff we do with each new character:

Job #101: Submit a moveset for Selvaria

And of course, that begins with putting together a moveset for her. Here's the Sacred Moveset Format as usual:

-General playstyle overview
-Notable normal attacks
-Specials and All-Star Move
-Misc. info, such as taunts and palette swaps and such

change da world. my final message. goodbye
Meanwhile, SEGA simps:
[Simping very hard on her]

(I don't want to be rude here, but it made a meme here about here Inclusion of Battle of AGES.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom