• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's keep these boards healthy! Post suggestions here.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Hello Marios! Overall, I think the boards have gotten a lot healthier recently. There are a lot of good threads being written, and a lot of great discussion taking place. However, I think we can make them even better! As your new mod, I'm committed to making this happen. But I need your help!

The purpose of this thread is to discuss any suggestions you might have. Want to request a thread? Think something should be updated? Post it here!

***​

I have a few suggestions of my own. I think we should split up the OP of the video thread into 2 parts -- one like we have right now that lists everyone, and one that lists exemplary videos that showcase the best of Mario's metagame. I nominate Kanzaki to do this since he's done a good job with the 2010 video thread.

I also think we need an AT index thread--something that lists all of Mario's ATs with guides on how to perform them. Would someone be willing to do that? A2Z would probably be the best for that, since he's our local smash researcher.

Also, I've unstickied the guides (Wing Cap, and Mario's Metagame Analysis) because they're all listed the the guides index thread, which is also stickied. Stickies were getting too numerous, imo. Objections?

Any other suggestions? Post here.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Somebody needs to make a compendium of cape **** knowledge.

If I get a Brawl soon, I'll research and do it myself. Other than that though, no suggestions. Gratz on the new epic status again Calebyte XD

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Well I'm glad the guides went down. I think we need the Mario 2011 Tournament Attendance & Results topic to be stickied and the Social thread unstickied. It's not like it's going anywhere. And as long as the Useful Threads and Resources topic is updated frequently we should be good, although I don't see any stage discussion there yet. Someone should also take over the Q&A topic and make an FAQ.

That's all I can think of.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
I believe i have good/advance tech knowledge on using cape & fludd and how to use them for easy ko's

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I also second that movement. Though now as much as the Monk/Honkey/Banana Advice Hotline.

Calebyte

Smash Lord
Would someone be willing to compile a FAQ from the Q&A thread? I mean, I could do it, but ugh, I feel like I've been making so many threads and stuff lately. Anyone can do it, and I'll just move the post to the first page.

I also agree that we need a stage discussion thread. There are several old ones. Question is, do we want to revive those, or start something new? I think it would be cool to do the same thing we do for match ups--table of contents thread, and an individual thread for each stage.

Monk, make your hotline thread. Or revive it. Idk what that is, exactly, it was before my time lol. But seriously, I love all the fun posts in the Mario boards. Xero's Up-B thread is a great example because it's hilarious, but also quite useful.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
*Too busy watching anime atm*

I'll get to making an AT guide. And I should probably reorganize my guide to Mario as well. But after I complete a few certain shows.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
We need to update the mario advanced tech book, like how to "Wavebounce" fireballs? I was told by flameleon that the tech is hella hard to pull off. Do anyone have a video of this tech move?

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
Monk, make your hotline thread. Or revive it. Idk what that is, exactly, it was before my time lol. But seriously, I love all the fun posts in the Mario boards. Xero's Up-B thread is a great example because it's hilarious, but also quite useful.
I got it up...you can check it out...see if you approve.

Monk, why am I bad at Brawl?
because you didn't use the tournament advice hotline........just sayin'

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Premium
I could do the FAQ thread, but I'll also be asking some of you guys what questions you think new Mario's would need.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I would definitely agree that we need an updated/new stage discussion thread. I mainly only CP neutrals because my knowledge on the other stages is lacking. I mean, I know a good amount on Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar, Norfair and Castle Siege only because I tried picking up Marth for a while and they have detailed stage threads on their boards.

2fast

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think we should have a seperate video critic thread and the videos we want in the video archives we post in there (if the archives get updated).

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
I could do the FAQ thread, but I'll also be asking some of you guys what questions you think new Mario's would need.
Cape
Cape Stall
Cape Glide
Cape Teleport, you should probably link Fire!'s youtube tutorial here for the cape stuff.
Wavebouncing
FLUDD, again Fire!'s videos.
How to auto-cancel dair
Definition of Cape ****
How to up'b out of shield with tap jump on and off. You can also suggest people that don't use tapjump to set X to Specials or something so they can up'b OOS easy.
How to escape combos by mashing up'b.
F-tilt slide
Which of Mario's moves have invincible frames. Start of up'b and his head during up-smash.
Best momentum canceling move
How to spike with f-air
Highest priority move

Just some stuff off the top of my head

SKidd

Smash Master
What is the official video critique thread? Q&A? Video archives?

Omari

Smash Journeyman
This thread (& board) needs :mario2: hype!!!

IMO, we should:

1. Break Mario (Discover more ATs to improve him being broken). Lets make a glass Mario for 2012.
2. More in depth MU Discussion (Welcome experienced members from other character boards to join us in our discussion(s) in detail) making our MUs that much more fun for each smashers (& people).
3. Create an advanced meta-game thread for Mario to improve his current tier list placing. Yes, Mario can become a higher tier character in brawl.

*Work together (& learn from our fellow members) instead of dictating what each member should or shouldn't do.

FoxFatal

Smash Rookie
It'd be nice to see a video like Juxtapose suggested. I do believe I'm quite a good Mario, however I don't know his advanced techniques (cape gliding and such) so any help would be great.

FoxFatal

Smash Rookie
I would love to see a mario gimping guide, along with advanced Mario techniques and such. For instance, I would like to if there are any moves other than up b that I can use to get out of infinites?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I would love to see a mario gimping guide, along with advanced Mario techniques and such. For instance, I would like to if there are any moves other than up b that I can use to get out of infinites?
If you can use Up-B to get out of an infinite, then it's not an infinite.

Along with guides, go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCN7fRoiX84

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
would a thread that shows the percentage were Mario is able to kill his opponant be a useful thread...?

example-

Test dummie Mario
Biar(dropkick)- middle of stage kills at: ground- early164% late WK%/ Air- early178% late WK%

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I'd like it.

At least if it were made for general killers...aka Dsmash, Fsmasn, Usmash, Utilt, Bthrow and Uair.

Would also help if the percentages included DI.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
*Bump*

I'm the new Mario boards mod. Yaaaay.

In general, the Mario boards are pretty tame, but if you guys have ANY suggestions or need my help with something (trolling, merging threads...), don't hesistate to let me know through private messages or this thread.

More discussion is encouraged, guys! Let's get crackin' on that.

We da bess.

Coolwhip

Smash Champion
NNID
Co0lwhip
It's pretty much about that time that someone make an updated mario's metagame analysis thread.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Those two things could prolly go hand-in-hand, imo. As far as I can tell, the MBR has been rather inactive due to not having much to talk about in the first place...maybe a collaborative effort to update the metagame analysis guide could spark it back to life?

In all honesty, what I want most is a normal chat for us. Not every Mario has AIM, not every Mario likes Xat, not every Mario wants to Skype...not just for Mario specific stuff, but just for sharing ideas and giving opinions...all that mushy stuff.

So yeah, good suggestions so far. Keep 'em coming.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
I'm pretty sure mods are able to embed Xat rooms into threads. Not sure, but just throwing that out there.

I'm cool with any format really.

Edit: Nevermind. They can't.

steep

Smash Lord
I was thinking about making a thread on making Mario more competitive by using mix-ups, baiting options, etc. Getting Mario from a noob character to a pro character. How Boss does it. How Matador does it. How Flameleon does it. It's not technicality that makes them better. It's mindgames, unpredictability, fake-outs, baits, etc. I just haven't seen something specifically for making Mario more competitive (getting from beginner status to pro status basically). What do you guys think? I am terrible at explaining this idea here. I'm sorry. Hopefully this makes sense.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I know what you mean, and I've been entertaining that idea.

The problem is that a guide like that would be pretty difficult to make because of how abstract it is. That's basically a Mario specific mindgames guide.

Top Bottom