• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's imagine Smash Bros. spin off games

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
As the title say, let's imagine Smash Bros. took a spin off route, and took a different genre for one game. Could be anything you personally imagine, just let your right-brian activities regarding these run wild here. Full creative freedom is the goal of this thread, could be as wild as you imagine.

For example, I personally would love a Smash Bros. ala Fire Emblem, a traditional RPG, a Mario styled RPG as SMRPG / Paper Mario / Mario & Luigi, or a traditional fighter. Even a 3D platformer, of a 3D fighting game seem cool ideas to me. Another popular idea I've seen tossed around for ages is a Super Smash Kart.

To keep things sort of organized, try to quote posts with the same general ideas as yours, so if someone talks about a Smash traditional fighter, quote that post with your own ideas.

Will post my own ideas soon!

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I've mentioned this in the past, but I could see a Smash mobile game working. Though it really depends on what KIND of game it is...

UserKev

Smash Champion
I would love if a Smash Bros spinoff game took after Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks gameplay. The Classic and Adventure Mode would be killer to play in Shaolin Monks format. The CPU could have unique moves that differentiate from the default/player character, CPU version being more true to the character's original source material to make things interesting.

AlRex

Smash Lord
Maybe official demakes could be cool, although that probably steps on the toes of certain fan games and mods. But an NES, SNES, GB/GBC, or GBA-styled Smash has some potential. Although again, a fangame or mod would potentially be less limited.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
So my ideas for a Smash based tactical RPG was more or less Fire Emblem x Smash Bros. Imagine a sort of World of Light / Subspace Emissary situation, Heroes tagging along with each other against villains. But this time you just start a "route" of characters that group together based on the franchise they come from.

Mario would be much like an allrounder with average to above average stats and growths. Lower HP, but good bases and growths. Everything being around 55%. Attacks are neutral, jumps on the head of enemies, for ranged attacks he throws fireballs doing Magic based damage. No weapons, unless you equip him a hammer which counts as an axe. Has a very high Skill growth, around 70%. Functions as a sort of Lord / Hero archetype unit.

Luigi is as Mario but a bit more shakey growths, worse bases, but growths less stable, 60% for his better stats as defense, resistance, HP and Luck, 40-45% for his offensive stats. Skill is like Mario, very high. Attacks are more or less the same as Mario's.

Peach attacks using items, very low bases but good growths, especially in Magic, Skill, Luck, Resistance and Speed. A Toad automatically teams up with her, giving her the skill Miracle (saving her from otherwise fatal blows, giving her 1HP). Toad has Counter as ability, with a low activation rate. Other than that, Peach can Heal. She's basically a War Cleric of sorts.

Yoshi is another character, and there are more of them recruitable, each color basically having their own statistics, so a somewhat customisable character. His tongue has 1-2 range, basically a all around ranged Paladin, has the Skill Double Guard if paired up with. Very adaptable character who always has high Speed and Movement.

Toad are your regular grunt enemies, you can recruit many of them over time, some using weapons. Shy Guys too, using Spears most often. They have lower movement and not so great growths, making them some what sacrificial lambs as units.

Captain Toad is another unit you can recruit, probably doing something funny as raising a regular Toad to a high level or keeping them alive for so long. He joins up with Toadette. Both have higher stats, Toadette excelling in Speed, Captain Toad in Strength and defense, his pickaxe functions as an axe.

Daisy is a more balanced Peach without the Miracle Skill and the Toads. She's an Echo Fighter anyway, don't complain. Also can't heal but has way better Strength than Peach.

Wario is the anti Mario, having high HP, very high Strength, but low Speed and Skill. Can ride his Bike though for high movement attacks, and has inbuilt Canto skill with his Bike. Projectiles do less damage through a skill. Potential weakness is no projectiles and no Magic. Can also pick locks, he's like a fat Assassin without the Speed and Stealth.

Bowser of course acts as a villain quite often, but eventually is recruitable. Highest HP and Strength, bad Speed but good Defense. Good movement however, so even if he'd be build like a typical armor unit, he has movement to boot, and 1-2 range due to his Fire Breath. A mix between a armor and dragon unit, but no weakness to weapons or attacks strong against armor or dragons. Bad Luck so criticals are more common against Bowser. Joins at a higher level and has very strong bases.

Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, they are basically your flying units, with 1-2 range due to their Koopa Mechs. Bowser Jr. has the most balanced stats, along with Wendy, Morton has the highest Strength, Larry the highest Speed. All come with strong pair up abilities, and give Bowser the Miracle Skill. They all serve as enemies and bosses at some point too, obviously.

Rosalina has very high Magic and Skill, comes with Lumas of course that give her stats a boost, and pair up abilities. Very late recruitable unit, kind of like the Naga of the Mario universe literally. Very strong bases but joins at a high level. High Luck, Magic, Skill and has the Miracle as well as Sacrifice Skills. Can Heal too.

Overlapping with the Mario Universe you'd have the Donkey Kong Universe too. They will always overlap with each other eventually, depending on which route you play.

You have Donkey Kong of course who boasts very high HP and Strength but has good bases all over. Can easily gain 2+ stat gains in these. Average Speed and Skill, above average Defense and Luck, but low Resistance. Basically your Warrior / Berserker , attacks with punches but can throw barrels and objects he finds on the map. No Magic either, but can find random Bananas lying around that he can use to heal. Has the Smite Skill that's actually damaging. Also could have a Skill that's basically Sol (heals upon impact). As another skill with Ground Slap that damages enemies surrounding DK, with potential of stunning.

Diddy is your typical dodge tank, with very high Speed and Luck, average HP, Attack and Defense. Diddy starts at a lower level, but has good growths in the offensive stats, particularly Strength, Skill, Speed and Luck. Consider him like a trainee unit, a early Est archetype with better bases. Has pair up Skills with DK and Dixie that greatly increase DK's Speed and Skill upon paired. Has 1-2 range due to the Peanut Popguns. Also has low Resistance and no Magic.

Both Kongs can traverse thick forests and mountains with little penalties. Can traverse regular woods with no penalties and have high movement. They seem stronger than the Mario cast here cause you start off with only DK and Diddy, and the struggle here is keeping Diddy alive and get him some kills so he can catch up and grow.

You also recruit Dixie later who's another Est archetype. Similar stats to Diddy, lower Strength and Speed but higher Skill. Seems weaker at first but comes with the best pair up bonuses. Gives the Miracle Skill to the other Kong she pairs up with. Diddy and Dixie give each other very strong Support bonuses too.

You can sometimes find Animal Buddies on the map too, they're in crates but heavily guarded. Freeing them gives you a strong ally for one map, and every kill the Animal Buddy makes gives the Kong paired up with them experience too. So definitely worth it. Rambi for example has very high Strength, Defense and HP, but Expresso has high Speed and Skill. Enguarde you can find near water bases. Squaks allows you to fly. Squitter is good for setting traps and distance attacks.

Now here comes Cranky. He attacks using his Crane or the Crystal Coconut, which allows Cranky to temporarily change into the Arcade DK of the past, sprite and all. The Crystal Coconut is Magic based damage, giving the DK Crew a much needed Magic attacker. Cranky has good bases but not so great growths in everything but Magic. So Cranky could basically function more or less as the Jagen archetype character (good bases and bad growths). He does carry a lot of healing potions however.

Funky is another recruitable Kong. He's like DK, but joins at a much higher level, has great bases but worse growths than Donkey Kong. He can do everything DK does, but traverses water way easier than the rest due to his surfboard of course.

I'll type out more of this later.

AlRex

Smash Lord
The tactical RPG talk reminds me that I had this idea a while ago of "Super War Bros.". Essentially video game bad guys and their armies VS each other on the battle field. A bit of a different way to go about it.

Pupp135

Smash Lord
So my ideas for a Smash based tactical RPG was more or less Fire Emblem x Smash Bros. Imagine a sort of World of Light / Subspace Emissary situation, Heroes tagging along with each other against villains. But this time you just start a "route" of characters that group together based on the franchise they come from.

Mario would be much like an allrounder with average to above average stats and growths. Lower HP, but good bases and growths. Everything being around 55%. Attacks are neutral, jumps on the head of enemies, for ranged attacks he throws fireballs doing Magic based damage. No weapons, unless you equip him a hammer which counts as an axe. Has a very high Skill growth, around 70%. Functions as a sort of Lord / Hero archetype unit.

Luigi is as Mario but a bit more shakey growths, worse bases, but growths less stable, 60% for his better stats as defense, resistance, HP and Luck, 40-45% for his offensive stats. Skill is like Mario, very high. Attacks are more or less the same as Mario's.

Peach attacks using items, very low bases but good growths, especially in Magic, Skill, Luck, Resistance and Speed. A Toad automatically teams up with her, giving her the skill Miracle (saving her from otherwise fatal blows, giving her 1HP). Toad has Counter as ability, with a low activation rate. Other than that, Peach can Heal. She's basically a War Cleric of sorts.

Yoshi is another character, and there are more of them recruitable, each color basically having their own statistics, so a somewhat customisable character. His tongue has 1-2 range, basically a all around ranged Paladin, has the Skill Double Guard if paired up with. Very adaptable character who always has high Speed and Movement.

Toad are your regular grunt enemies, you can recruit many of them over time, some using weapons. Shy Guys too, using Spears most often. They have lower movement and not so great growths, making them some what sacrificial lambs as units.

Captain Toad is another unit you can recruit, probably doing something funny as raising a regular Toad to a high level or keeping them alive for so long. He joins up with Toadette. Both have higher stats, Toadette excelling in Speed, Captain Toad in Strength and defense, his pickaxe functions as an axe.

Daisy is a more balanced Peach without the Miracle Skill and the Toads. She's an Echo Fighter anyway, don't complain. Also can't heal but has way better Strength than Peach.

Wario is the anti Mario, having high HP, very high Strength, but low Speed and Skill. Can ride his Bike though for high movement attacks, and has inbuilt Canto skill with his Bike. Projectiles do less damage through a skill. Potential weakness is no projectiles and no Magic. Can also pick locks, he's like a fat Assassin without the Speed and Stealth.

Bowser of course acts as a villain quite often, but eventually is recruitable. Highest HP and Strength, bad Speed but good Defense. Good movement however, so even if he'd be build like a typical armor unit, he has movement to boot, and 1-2 range due to his Fire Breath. A mix between a armor and dragon unit, but no weakness to weapons or attacks strong against armor or dragons. Bad Luck so criticals are more common against Bowser. Joins at a higher level and has very strong bases.

Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings, they are basically your flying units, with 1-2 range due to their Koopa Mechs. Bowser Jr. has the most balanced stats, along with Wendy, Morton has the highest Strength, Larry the highest Speed. All come with strong pair up abilities, and give Bowser the Miracle Skill. They all serve as enemies and bosses at some point too, obviously.

Rosalina has very high Magic and Skill, comes with Lumas of course that give her stats a boost, and pair up abilities. Very late recruitable unit, kind of like the Naga of the Mario universe literally. Very strong bases but joins at a high level. High Luck, Magic, Skill and has the Miracle as well as Sacrifice Skills. Can Heal too.

Overlapping with the Mario Universe you'd have the Donkey Kong Universe too. They will always overlap with each other eventually, depending on which route you play.

You have Donkey Kong of course who boasts very high HP and Strength but has good bases all over. Can easily gain 2+ stat gains in these. Average Speed and Skill, above average Defense and Luck, but low Resistance. Basically your Warrior / Berserker , attacks with punches but can throw barrels and objects he finds on the map. No Magic either, but can find random Bananas lying around that he can use to heal. Has the Smite Skill that's actually damaging. Also could have a Skill that's basically Sol (heals upon impact). As another skill with Ground Slap that damages enemies surrounding DK, with potential of stunning.

Diddy is your typical dodge tank, with very high Speed and Luck, average HP, Attack and Defense. Diddy starts at a lower level, but has good growths in the offensive stats, particularly Strength, Skill, Speed and Luck. Consider him like a trainee unit, a early Est archetype with better bases. Has pair up Skills with DK and Dixie that greatly increase DK's Speed and Skill upon paired. Has 1-2 range due to the Peanut Popguns. Also has low Resistance and no Magic.

Both Kongs can traverse thick forests and mountains with little penalties. Can traverse regular woods with no penalties and have high movement. They seem stronger than the Mario cast here cause you start off with only DK and Diddy, and the struggle here is keeping Diddy alive and get him some kills so he can catch up and grow.

You also recruit Dixie later who's another Est archetype. Similar stats to Diddy, lower Strength and Speed but higher Skill. Seems weaker at first but comes with the best pair up bonuses. Gives the Miracle Skill to the other Kong she pairs up with. Diddy and Dixie give each other very strong Support bonuses too.

You can sometimes find Animal Buddies on the map too, they're in crates but heavily guarded. Freeing them gives you a strong ally for one map, and every kill the Animal Buddy makes gives the Kong paired up with them experience too. So definitely worth it. Rambi for example has very high Strength, Defense and HP, but Expresso has high Speed and Skill. Enguarde you can find near water bases. Squaks allows you to fly. Squitter is good for setting traps and distance attacks.

Now here comes Cranky. He attacks using his Crane or the Crystal Coconut, which allows Cranky to temporarily change into the Arcade DK of the past, sprite and all. The Crystal Coconut is Magic based damage, giving the DK Crew a much needed Magic attacker. Cranky has good bases but not so great growths in everything but Magic. So Cranky could basically function more or less as the Jagen archetype character (good bases and bad growths). He does carry a lot of healing potions however.

Funky is another recruitable Kong. He's like DK, but joins at a much higher level, has great bases but worse growths than Donkey Kong. He can do everything DK does, but traverses water way easier than the rest due to his surfboard of course.

I'll type out more of this later.
A Nintendo crossover with FE gameplay would be a fun idea to see since there I could see a decent number of classes not in FE for this type of game, and FE is one of my favorite video game series. I’d assume Kirby or Mario would be the protagonist character in this.

Another idea that I’ve entertained with Nintendo crossovers is a Mario Party type game. Since people want Mario Kart to become a Nintendo crossover, I thought that it’d be cool if my favorite Mario spinoff gets the crossover treatment?

It’d probably just start out with only Link, Villager, Isabelle, and Inkling being the only non-Mario characters and then eventually branch out to other characters like Kirby, Samus, Zelda, Pikachu, some Fire Emblem/Xenoblade character…

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The more I think about it, the more I think a Smash style crossover RPG would be amazing. The set up is already there with Adventure Mode, Smash Run, Subspace Emissary and World of Light, and with stuff like stickers, and the stats modifier modes, Equipment and Custom Moves of Smash 4.

Gameplay could introduce way more moves of characters actual canon abilities this way, but there could and should still be core Smash mechanics too I feel. Not a traditional fighter , but more akin to the Mario RPGs , but instead of say, Jump, Hammer and Item commands you have normal attacks, Smash attacks, Special Attacks, Shield and Grab. And keep a certain counter system in play, as Smash 4 and Ultimate did with Attack > Grab > Shield > Attack, and give each character specific strengths and what not.

Maybe make the game way more cinematic, and thus a bit slower and focus more on over the top Special Moves, but keep a Stock system so there are more battles to be fought, and a level up system of course that rewards you with upgrades in attacks. For example Mario's level 1 Fire Ball is just shooting out one small Fire Ball projectile, but Level 5 Fire Ball shoots out 5 medium ones. Stuff like that would be amazing for Smash Bros., and I would imagine you could pack this with way more fighters than a regular Smash game.

Last edited:

HYRULESHERO42

Smash Journeyman
I feel Mario Kart is making its way towards being Super Smash Brothers Kart. Link, Villager, Inkling, Isabelle are all present. Plus F-Zero has a kart and a track and ExciteBike has a track. I feel I'm forgetting others

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I feel Mario Kart is making its way towards being Super Smash Brothers Kart. Link, Villager, Inkling, Isabelle are all present. Plus F-Zero has a kart and a track and ExciteBike has a track. I feel I'm forgetting others
Diddy Kong Racing used to be part of Mario Kart too, it's weird we don't have Diddy but all characters you mentioned.

I think Mario Kart will stay Mario Kart however, there's no need to branch it out that much further.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Okay so I think if there is a Smash RPG it should be something like this

Each individual character has a basic attack, though what that basic attack is depends on the character, some characters like Link use their weapons to hit all enemies but those attacks are weaker, some like Samus or Olimar use their magic stat to attack instead of their physical attack, and some like DK need to charge for a turn before activation but in turn they have much stronger attacks

In terms of special attack there are two categories, Spells and Deathblows, Spelss use Mp and use the magic/intelligence stats when calculating damage and deathblows use stamina and calculate damage bases on physical stats. DK, Link, Etc use completely deathblow based special movesets.While Ness, Lucus, Etc use compeltlely magic based special movesets. Some characters also have some gimmicks, Mario and Luigi use action commands, Ness and Lucus have rolling hp, Samus and Zelds can switch between their forms. That's all I have so far. How do you like it.

osby

Smash Obsessed

Each individual character has a basic attack, though what that basic attack is depends on the character, some characters like Link use their weapons to hit all enemies but those attacks are weaker, some like Samus or Olimar use their magic stat to attack instead of their physical attack, and some like DK need to charge for a turn before activation but in turn they have much stronger attacks

In terms of special attack there are two categories, Spells and Deathblows, Spelss use Mp and use the magic/intelligence stats when calculating damage and deathblows use stamina and calculate damage bases on physical stats. DK, Link, Etc use completely deathblow based special movesets.While Ness, Lucus, Etc use compeltlely magic based special movesets. Some characters also have some gimmicks, Mario and Luigi use action commands, Ness and Lucus have rolling hp, Samus and Zelds can switch between their forms. That's all I have so far. How do you like it.
I think basic attacks can be simpler. Link's attack hitting all enemies means that it'd be very useless if some enemies resist/block his attack and DK should have a costless attack option that's available at all times to finish off weak foes. But I liked the idea of some of them having different base stats, though it might make the characters' damage output too standardized if you just base them off on their highest stat values.

Transforming characters would be cool in an RPG but the other two sound a bit hard to balance. Mario and Luigi will have a way to power their attacks with basically no cost compared to others, while Ness and Lucas can theoretically turn from the brink of death, again without an expense.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I get what you mean but it still seems incomplete to really get a good idea over what sort of game you envision. Would this be a traditional RPG? How would the battles work ?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I get what you mean but it still seems incomplete to really get a good idea over what sort of game you envision. Would this be a traditional RPG? How would the battles work ?
I'm not good at balance but I do think battles will be turned based

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm not good at balance but I do think battles will be turned based
Turn based, but how would the battle dynamics go? Would it all just be like a typical JRPG, or with more debt ?

Seeing as Smash has a very typical playstyle, I would suggest a more interactive sort of RPG, a Smash battle where things go a little slower and combat is focused more on cinematics and strategy.

For example, at the first turn you'll select if you'd be on the offensive or defensive side, and you select options based on this decision. You could opt for more ranged or defensive plays, or wait for a grab. Speed as a stat would determine your dodging, but also the chance of delivering successive attacks in "combos". Cause yeah I feel combos need to stay part of this.

Gameplay could be like a slower Smash, where you run, jump and do the normal attacks like you're used to, but Smash and Special attacks get more options, you select those through a menu but there are limits to how many of these you can throw out, you'll use Smash and Special Points for them, and you can earn them by doing combos.

The rock paper scissors aspect introduced in Smash 4 with attack > grab > shield > attack would offer for nice gimmicks with this. And normal attacks, Smash and Special attacks can get upgraded so the game is constantly evolving. You'd also be able to buy equipment to customize your character even more to how you want them to play.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
Turn based, but how would the battle dynamics go? Would it all just be like a typical JRPG, or with more debt ?

Seeing as Smash has a very typical playstyle, I would suggest a more interactive sort of RPG, a Smash battle where things go a little slower and combat is focused more on cinematics and strategy.

For example, at the first turn you'll select if you'd be on the offensive or defensive side, and you select options based on this decision. You could opt for more ranged or defensive plays, or wait for a grab. Speed as a stat would determine your dodging, but also the chance of delivering successive attacks in "combos". Cause yeah I feel combos need to stay part of this.

Gameplay could be like a slower Smash, where you run, jump and do the normal attacks like you're used to, but Smash and Special attacks get more options, you select those through a menu but there are limits to how many of these you can throw out, you'll use Smash and Special Points for them, and you can earn them by doing combos.

The rock paper scissors aspect introduced in Smash 4 with attack > grab > shield > attack would offer for nice gimmicks with this. And normal attacks, Smash and Special attacks can get upgraded so the game is constantly evolving. You'd also be able to buy equipment to customize your character even more to how you want them to play.
Could you give me an example of how this would affect some characters, I picture someone like Mario would be the all rounder, Sonic would be a physical glass cannon with a high speed stat, and Kirby will bascially be the summoner, something like that

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I want to try my hand at this smash RPG creation thread, I just need a plan for it, any ideas to keep it from being too confusing

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I want to try my hand at this smash RPG creation thread, I just need a plan for it, any ideas to keep it from being too confusing
I think that would be hard because RPG's are more about technical aspects and stuff. But if you make it a casual RPG kinda like Miitopia, it might work.

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
I think that would be hard because RPG's are more about technical aspects and stuff. But if you make it a casual RPG kinda like Miitopia, it might work.
Hmm maybe, I think the issue is that everyone play fighting and platformers, not many people play RPGs in this forum

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Could you give me an example of how this would affect some characters, I picture someone like Mario would be the all rounder, Sonic would be a physical glass cannon with a high speed stat, and Kirby will bascially be the summoner, something like that
In typical RPG classes you mean ? If we keep the aspects in Smash that we already have, with Attack > Grab > Shield > Attack, typical stats as HP, Strength, Speed, Defense, Luck (used for doding and parrying I imagine) and a stat for Magic or Energy based attacks, it basically writes itself don't you think?

Mario would indeed be an allrounder, having average or slightly above average stats all over with maybe more Luck and Speed as usual, no specialities in either Attack or Magic, and above average Speed with somewhat lower HP. That would translate him very well.

Sonic indeed would be more of a glass canon with the highest Speed and great Luck but low Defense and HP. Not too sure how the rest of his abilities would play out, am not too knowledgeable about him.

Kirby I'd imagine as a different breed altogether, definitely lower HP and Defense, not the highest Speed but he's good with Attack, Luck and Magic. Inhale could cancel enemy attacks and send them back, and he has several abilities of course that could change his stats significantly.

Link is also a sort of allrounder, but his abilities speak for itself. Good HP, Attack and Defense, lower on Magic, Speed and Luck.

DK would have strong stats in HP and Attack, above average Speed and Defense and Luck, but no Magic. I also imagine he wouldn't have too much SP (Special Attack Points).

Diddy I imagine as a hit and run fighter, somewhat all-rounded as Mario but no Magic, and higher Speed and Luck for the trade off with Attack and Defense.

Samus would have good stats all-over too, focus mainly on a defensive hit and bait fighting style. Definitely has great HP and Defense, Attack and Speed are above average, Luck too. But is very dependant on her Specials thus sort of predictable maybe.

Pikachu would also be a sort of glass canon like in the Pokemon games, with good Attack, high Speed and good Special Attack, but very low durability. Pikachu would of course trade this off with being mostly ranged based, and paralyzing attacks as Thunder Wave.

Any other characters you'd want me to type about ?

Glubbfubb

Smash Champion
In typical RPG classes you mean ? If we keep the aspects in Smash that we already have, with Attack > Grab > Shield > Attack, typical stats as HP, Strength, Speed, Defense, Luck (used for doding and parrying I imagine) and a stat for Magic or Energy based attacks, it basically writes itself don't you think?

Mario would indeed be an allrounder, having average or slightly above average stats all over with maybe more Luck and Speed as usual, no specialities in either Attack or Magic, and above average Speed with somewhat lower HP. That would translate him very well.

Sonic indeed would be more of a glass canon with the highest Speed and great Luck but low Defense and HP. Not too sure how the rest of his abilities would play out, am not too knowledgeable about him.

Kirby I'd imagine as a different breed altogether, definitely lower HP and Defense, not the highest Speed but he's good with Attack, Luck and Magic. Inhale could cancel enemy attacks and send them back, and he has several abilities of course that could change his stats significantly.

Link is also a sort of allrounder, but his abilities speak for itself. Good HP, Attack and Defense, lower on Magic, Speed and Luck.

DK would have strong stats in HP and Attack, above average Speed and Defense and Luck, but no Magic. I also imagine he wouldn't have too much SP (Special Attack Points).

Diddy I imagine as a hit and run fighter, somewhat all-rounded as Mario but no Magic, and higher Speed and Luck for the trade off with Attack and Defense.

Samus would have good stats all-over too, focus mainly on a defensive hit and bait fighting style. Definitely has great HP and Defense, Attack and Speed are above average, Luck too. But is very dependant on her Specials thus sort of predictable maybe.

Pikachu would also be a sort of glass canon like in the Pokemon games, with good Attack, high Speed and good Special Attack, but very low durability. Pikachu would of course trade this off with being mostly ranged based, and paralyzing attacks as Thunder Wave.

Any other characters you'd want me to type about ?
What about Zero Suit Samus, Game and Watch, and Lucus, those are my three mains, plus Lucus would be interesting as he could take from both his smash and mother 3 moveset. Also lugi due to being the eternal palate swap.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Honestly my Idea For a spinoff would be Too just have one Franchise in a Smash game this way i finally get my Zelda Fighting Game Toybox i always Craved!
But if that impossible than a Kirby Smash as in Smash that drops the Fighting game Genre and just plays like a Jumpnrun aka a Kirby game would be cool!

Last edited:

Pupp135

Smash Lord
One thing that I thought would be interesting is a Nintendo All-Star version of Sonic Battle, giving us a 3D like fighting game.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Smash but a traditional 3v3 2D fighting game (MvC/Skullgirls/DBFZ like)
Smash but a Musou
Smash but a Beat em Up
Smash but a RPG

I think those are best ideas you can have with the prompt "make a spin off of Smash"

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Looking that how Smash characters would work in a RPG was discuted before, instead of say a logical way to adapt the game to the genre I will try to give each character a FF job (their jobs would only keep in mind their Smash appearences, I will not think in anything that they don't have in Smash), note that some characters could apply for more classes, note that my knowlowdedge in Final Fantasy is oxidated since I didn't played any game in a long time so probably a lot of this decisions sounds stupid.
  • Knight: Link, Young Link, Toon Link, Marth, Lucina, Roy, Chrom, Ike
  • Black Mage: Robin
  • Red Mage: Ness, Lucas, Cloud, Hero, Sora
  • Thief: Villager, Canela, Joker
  • Monk: Captain Falcon, Ganondorf, Mii Brawler
  • Dragoon: Meta Knight, Pit, Dark Pit, Corrin, Ridley
  • Ninja: Sheik, Greninja
  • Warrior: King Dedede, Byleth
  • Gunner: Samus, Dark Samus, Mega Man, Mii Gunner, Inkling
  • Beastmaster: Olimar, Duck Hunt Duo, Banjo & Kazooie
  • Blue Mage: Kirby
  • Cleric: Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer, Palutena
  • Black Belt: Little Mac, Ryu, Ken, Terry, Kazuya
  • Grappler: Donkey Kong, Bowser, Incineroar
  • Astrologian: Rosalina & Luma
  • Alchemist: Steve
  • Warmage: Sephiroth
  • Freelancer (didn't find a job): Literally the rest of the cast.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'd love to see Smash Kart, Smash Party or Smash Sports spinoff games. What I'd give to drive through Castle Dedede, steal Inkling's stars or smack a tennis ball into Dr. Mario's face as Corrin.

Hell add puzzle games as well. Wouldn't Smash Puzzle Bobble be amazing?

Quillion

Smash Hero
You know on paper, there probably is an interesting Smash Bros card game to be made utilizing all the characters, stages, items, and assist trophies.

Have no idea what form it would take, but the concept could work.
It would be an F2P card game. I'd say it would be good for mobile, but Nintendo seems to be slowing down that side of business.

Top Bottom