• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Let's Hit the Climax! Bayonetta on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Social Thread

D

Deleted member

You may be wondering about the title. Eh... not that way, of course. This thread is dedicated to discussion about Bayonetta in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Please use this thread for discussion relating to the character. I'll probably not post much content to the thread, but I look forward to your thoughts!

Last edited by a moderator:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
She was the ballot winner if I’m not mistaken so I pretty much think she’s in for sure.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
She was the ballot winner if I’m not mistaken so I pretty much think she’s in for sure.
Triggered jk.

She's def coming back. Has all three of her games coming to Switch, and Nintendo practically adopted her.

I just hope she sees some tweaks to her kit, I hate her current one.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
  1. Won the fighter ballot. Excluding her from this new entry would basically tell fans any future ballot winners have a chance at being cut, which would result in an untrusting fan base.

2. Shes co-owned by Nintendo and Sega from the second game onward, her franchise is pretty much 2nd Party at this point rather than 3rd Party

3. Because of said co-owner ship mentioned before Nintendo and Sega are on good terms. If sonic is going to come back, so will she.

4. Bayonetta 3 is in development and there is a lot of hype surrounding it. Chances are not only will she be coming back, but will be sporting her yet-to-be-shown New Bayonetta 3 design as her default, as opposed to her Bayo2 design.

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
I am pretty confident she will return given all the love Nintendo has shown to her and her games. I felt like Reggie spoke of her like one of his own when he announced Bayo 3 and the 1+2 port in December. Besides, she did win the Smash Ballot after all. That said I will not be able to rest until she gets confirmed. I pray this will happen at E3 after the inevitable Bayo 3 trailer :D.

What I would love is to get Jeanne as a full-fledged alternate character instead of a mere palette swap.

Last edited:

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I am pretty confident she will return given all the love Nintendo has shown to her and her games. I felt like Reggie spoke of her like one of his own when he announced Bayo 3 and the 1+2 port in December. Besides, she did win the Smash Ballot after all. That said I will not be able to rest until she gets confirmed. I pray this will happen at E3 after the inevitable Bayo 3 trailer :D.

What I would love is to get Jeanne as a full-fledged alternate character instead of a mere palette swap.
I prefer the pallette swap. It looked good

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I figure she's likely - Sonic's the closest thing to guaranteed as far as third parties go, and not only is Bayonetta owned by the same company, but she won the Smash Ballot (or at least was advertised as doing so; either way, there's proof that she's popular in several different regions) and 2/3 of her games (and all but two of her appearances) are Nintendo exclusive.

D

Deleted member

Kon'nichiwa, kore wa Kawai Shizuka, gojūroku-sai desu. Ever since I purchased an amiibo of :4bayonetta2: (not this :4bayonetta: but will consider getting that one later) I have fallen in love with her. Pretty confident she will return for the new Smash despite the tens of thousands of haters out there. Y'all explained it pretty well: good rapport between Nintendo and Sega, Bayo 3 in development now, won the Smash ballot, etc. I, too, would love to see Jeanne as an alternate character.

I, a senior citizen Christian woman, fervently support Bayonetta. Sa, tsuite wa...may I suggest there be a list of supporters? Many earlier speculative character threads had a list of those who support the character at hand.

Sayonara :kirby:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
She's coming back, and I'm glad, but oh jeeze is she gonna get the book thrown at her in terms of balance changes.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Hoping my kween doesn't get nerfed to Inferno, but I can't wait to see her make a dreadful return <3

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
There's no way she's not coming back.

Sorry haters. Don't blame her that she's broken. Bayonetta can't help the fact that she's perfect, she was born that way.

Ixbran

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
4549 - 7836 - 2775
BTW, Bayonetta supporters please take a look at a topic i recently made for another character from her franchise to get into Smash. I think you might like my choice. (x)

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Definitely mine most wanted veteran, next to Robin. Like Olimar and Alph, I'm hoping Bayonetta gets a Jeanne costume.

Assuming Smash Switch is not a straight up port, I could see her getting a tweak to her moveset. Personally, I wish they would change her back to how she was before the nerf hammer--only this time, her combos don't kill nearly as early. But since people are STILL whining about her, that's probably wishful thinking.

Bayonetta has a lot going for her. Nintendo has practically become her new home, with Bayonetta 2&3 being supported by the company. Furthermore, her games are top-notch. The first game is owned by Sega, whom has a good relationship with Nintendo. With Sonic the Hedgehog appearing in two Smash games now, it's pretty clear Sega has no qualms about having their characters in the game.

That said, I'll be surprised if she doesn't return, but I'd rather not jump to conclusions.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
she has a really decent chance of staying alive

she won the ballot

however we are all 95% sure sakurai is lieing on bayonetta getting the most votes all around but still in the top 5 most voted for characters for sure

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Why should it be considered debatable whether Bayonetta returns or not? She won the Smash Ballot and not only is Bayonetta 2 Nintendo-platform exclusive, but Bayonetta 3 has yet to be released and will be a Switch exclusive.

Morbi

Scavenger
She is here to stay and I can't wait too see her Bayonetta 3 design
This time she can have a buzz cut, got to continue the trend of shorter hair. :troll:

Why should it be considered debatable whether Bayonetta returns or not? She won the Smash Ballot and not only is Bayonetta 2 Nintendo-platform exclusive, but Bayonetta 3 has yet to be released and will be a Switch exclusive.
A lot of people debate a lot of given things, it at least keeps things interesting. If we just took most of the obvious stuff and assumed it would return, there would be so little to discuss.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I found this (I don't know who made it but all rights reserved for the artist who made this)

I really love the number 7

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I will be hyped if she's one of the first revealed vets at E3. I know that doesn't seem likely with how long it took for a Sonic reveal in 4, but with the Smash international and the game coming out this year I'm hoping things change. She definitely deserves it with how much Nintendo love she gets :4bayonetta:

Morbi

Scavenger
What about bald Bayo?
But how is she going to use her hair to... Oh... :urg:

I will be hyped if she's one of the first revealed vets at E3. I know that doesn't seem likely with how long it took for a Sonic reveal in 4, but with the Smash international and the game coming out this year I'm hoping things change. She definitely deserves it with how much Nintendo love she gets :4bayonetta:
You never know, if they promote Bayonetta 3 at e3, it is a real possibility.

PF9

Smash Lord
I think she's a lock to come back in Smash Switch since she's getting a new game in her series (and Smash Switch is a good way to promote it).

But let's go beyond her video game appearances. She's had an anime movie based on her first game. She'll really make it in pop culture if we make live-action movie adaptations of the games.

McG should direct the first movie, with Eric Kripke, Michael Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller as additional producers (the latter three via Platinum Dunes). The movies can incorporate classic rock songs from the 60s and 70s, influenced by both Kripke's work on the series Supernatural and the use of old songs in the Guardians of the Galaxy movies.

Here's my ideal cast for the first movie:

Hayley Atwell - Bayonetta
Scarlett Johanssen - Jeanne
Bradley Cooper - Luka
Vin Diesel - Rodin
Carmine Giovinazzo - Enzo
Jeff Bridges - Antonio Redgrave
Kate Mulgrew - Rosa
Bryan Cranston - Balder

Last edited:

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
I've seen people saying she won't get in this time around for whatever reason... Why?????
She won the ballot (at least Nintendo says so), is basically Nintendo's adoptive child, and has a new game on the horizon. I think out of all of the DLC characters she's the only one that I think it's a 100% shoo-in.
If people think she'll be cut because she's OP, broken or whatever:
  1. Meta Knight wasn't cut in SSB4 (ppl said this back then too)
  2. She can be nerfed (again, like what happened with MK)
People think everything is so set in stone it's ridiculous lol

Altais

Smash Champion
Here's my ideal cast for the first movie:

Hayley Atwell - Bayonetta
Personally, I thought this was a good pick:

Anyhow, with June coming around the corner, I'm hoping we'll see Bayonetta in the Smash-centric E3, along with some new Bayonetta 3 info. Also...

Gamespot.com | Bayonetta Studio Teases New Action Game

this game will "turn the action genre on its head," according to DualShockers. It sounds like this game is extremely early in the development process, as Inaba said many people at Platinum do not even know about it.
I can't help but wonder what this game is about. We still don't know for sure whether or not Hideki Kamiya will be directing Bayonetta 3. That said, could he be the one directing this secret project? Time will only tell.

PF9

Smash Lord
Green is French. I chose Atwell since she's British, and Bayo's already portrayed by a Brit in the English games.

PF9

Smash Lord
Yesterday while listening to an all-60s station online I heard The Sound of Silence by Simon and Garfunkel. This is one of several 60s/70s songs I'd like to hear in a film adaptation of the first Bayonetta game, this one on the opening credits. This ties in with her guns being called Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme in that game, a reference to Scarborough Fair, a ballad famously recorded by Simon and Garfunkel.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Bayonetta better be back...but nerfed...and inferior to Pit so that I can have my vengeance on a consistent basis

Smartz

Smash Cadet
This woman scares me. If she comes back I’m just gonna pick up something to counter her. I seriously can’t stand bayoneta. She’s not as good as meta knight in brawl, but she reminds me a lot of it...

Altais

Smash Champion
This woman scares me. If she comes back I’m just gonna pick up something to counter her. I seriously can’t stand bayoneta. She’s not as good as meta knight in brawl, but she reminds me a lot of it...
As a person, I think she's hilarious.

As to how to counter her, the trick is playing patient. As a Robin main, I have defeated many pro Bayonetta players--both before and after patch 1.1.6. True story: I made a Bayonetta player rage-quit once. You just have to have a sharp eye and a cool head. Bayonetta's play style was designed to exploit impatience and aggression, which is why lots of people get beat by her. But once you learn not to take the bait, it becomes easier to adapt.

Smartz

Smash Cadet
As a person, I think she's hilarious.

As to how to counter her, the trick is playing patient. As a Robin main, I have defeated many pro Bayonetta players--both before and after patch 1.1.6. True story: I made a Bayonetta player rage-quit once. You just have to have a sharp eye and a cool head. Bayonetta's play style was designed to exploit impatience and aggression, which is why lots of people get beat by her. But once you learn not to take the bait, it becomes easier to adapt.
I’ve started to try and learn and play more of the cast than just Dedede and Luigi. I was told that if start to play with more of the cast I’d find what they’re not very good at. However I just can’t get the hang of Bayonetta...

Altais

Smash Champion
I’ve started to try and learn and play more of the cast than just Dedede and Luigi. I was told that if start to play with more of the cast I’d find what they’re not very good at. However I just can’t get the hang of Bayonetta...
Personally, I like watching Izaw's tutorials. They provide deep insight on how characters work; what their strengths and weaknesses are. These videos have helped me a lot with Robin's many bad matchups.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Izaw91/videos

PF9

Smash Lord
Listening to Nights in White Satin by The Moody Blues on a classic rock station online. This is another song I'd like in the movie adaptation of Bayonetta 1.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I ask for more :4bayonetta:X:4pit:interactions

PF9

Smash Lord
A number of M-rated games have had their movie adaptations rated PG-13 in recent years, Max Payne and Tomb Raider for instance.

I wouldn't want this to be the case for Bayonetta. I would want a hard R rating, and I'm sure many other fans would too.

Top Bottom