• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

ferioku

Smash Ace
Isaac, has a ton if potential of moves with his Venus, adept, psyenergy abilities, move, spire, quake, retreat plus sword attacks. Hopefully Sakurai knows, and sees his potential.
Isaac actually has such a plethora of moves that he is should be incredibly easy to make! You can literally make him like an earth bender, no sword is even needed LOL. I wouldn't even mind if that was the case id still main him.

KMDP

Smash Legend
Nice remix of the Elemental Stars theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPeFSYa-4Ow

T_T

Golden Sun has got to be one of Motoi Sakuraba's best works. I'm still stunned what he made come out of that little Game Boy Advance speaker.
And probably the best use of the GBA's audio chip.
I feel like this guy's covers (he no longer makes Golden Sun covers anymore) show what Golden Sun would have sounded like if the GBA's audio was of higher quality, since he plays them on a synth keyboard with the 'right' instruments.
Golden Sun is a gem.

ferioku

Smash Ace

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I gave out three votes from three computers from three homes during the Ballot. Snake, K. Rool, and Isaac. I really hope his lack of an Assist Trophy yet is a good sign. I just hope it won’t be another Smash 4 Isaac no where in sight type deal.
Isaac fans have always been cursed to wait until the bitter end to learn of his fate, which is a harrowing journey... but tbh it's probably a part of why Isaac has remained so popular. Imagine he just gets deconfirmed right off the bat and there's little time for the popularity to cultivate.

Kisae

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Darkkisae
I don't remeber who posted the Golden Sun Abridged series but i watch it today and laugh like never xDD

D

Deleted member

I hope Isaac is unveiled soon would be better then waiting, long. But we'll see soon enough.

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
I took some screenshots of the Mario Tennis World Map if anyone is interested of how could look a new game:

(nice water)

Also, I will analize the credits of Mario Tennis Aces, to see how many people are working currently in Camelot team. Comparing quickly the team who took part in the Mario Tennis of Wii U with the Switch one, I saw they hired more people, but I'll examine it better just in case.

I'll watch for how frequently Japanese fans post things, but even today, news things were posted! :D
I'll also try to see if I can find something from German fans on Twitter. ;)

On a completely different topic, the new artist for the comics has a style that seems heavily influenced by Toriyama. Especially the eyes.
That would be nice, thanks!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I hope Isaac is unveiled soon would be better then waiting, long. But we'll see soon enough.
If he's playable it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he didn't get a trailer until after release. (thus being a hidden character)

Otherwise I feel like anywhere between September and December is the most likely time for an Isaac reveal.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, Isaac seems very much like he'd be a late-in-the-game, if not post-release reveal. Because let's be honest, he's no marketing powerhouse. He's a fan-favourite.

I took some screenshots of the Mario Tennis World Map if anyone is interested of how could look a new game:

(nice water)

Also, I will analize the credits of Mario Tennis Aces, to see how many people are working currently in Camelot team. Comparing quickly the team who took part in the Mario Tennis of Wii U with the Switch one, I saw they hired more people, but I'll examine it better just in case.

That would be nice, thanks!
Well hopefully they can retain some of these assets or experience to the effect of alleviating the budget of a future GS, as I figure that's the primary hurdle in getting a new game greenlit.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I would figure that all ballot characters would get their own pre-release trailers to keep hype levels at their highest, while characters unrelated to the ballot would be secret characters.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I would figure that all ballot characters would get their own pre-release trailers to keep hype levels at their highest, while characters unrelated to the ballot would be secret characters.
If you're a unique newcomer, ballot or not, you'll probably get a trailer. Every character reveal causes some degree of hype.

D

Deleted member

Makes sense, and would be a good way for him to be announced I do expect something later this year we'll. find out when the the time is right.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
If he is revealed, I wouldn't be surprised if his trailer is released in August since Golden Sun came out on August 1, 2001. Which would be 17 years since the game released. Also, Isaac was 17 years old when he left Vale to begin his quest. Maybe he'll begin his Smash Quest this time?

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If he is revealed, I wouldn't be surprised if his trailer is released in August since Golden Sun came out on August 1, 2001. Which would be 17 years since the game released. Also, Isaac was 17 years old when he left Vale to begin his quest. Maybe he'll begin his Smash Quest this time?
Isaac we need you to reach all 4 Lighthouses and Save the World from impending doom.

Isaac: Wait, Smash is calling my name.

NessAtc.

Fukou Da...
NNID
nintenstar98
3DS FC
4699-7691-7794
Switch FC
SW-2476-6260-3913
Well at least there's someone else already saving the world anyway right

I'm sure Felix doesn't REALLY need the mars star right

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
"Hey, Corrin it looks like you're not the only one to abandon your world in a time of need."
During Smash 4, I had an idea of a trailer where Matthew and company got back to the Lookout Shack, but Isaac wasn’t there. Just like at the end of Dark Dawn. Just a note saying he was headed to Smash.

D

Deleted member

Sounds great and a good way to unveil him. Hopefully we'll see eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
During Smash 4, I had an idea of a trailer where Matthew and company got back to the Lookout Shack, but Isaac wasn’t there. Just like at the end of Dark Dawn. Just a note saying he was headed to Smash.
This made me think... how would you guys feel if Isaac's design in Ultimate was a blend between young and old ala Roy's Binding Blade-Awakening fusion? As if he's post-TLA but pre-DD?

Height and bulk in between young and old

A five o'clock shadow instead of a full beard

DD's navy blue coat with GS1/2's bright blue tunic, red chestplate, and yellow scarf

DD's navy blue pants and GS1/2's leather gloves and boots

Voice slightly deeper than in Brawl

Only thing that remains unchanged is his hair's still spiky like in GS1/2

D

Deleted member

This made me think... how would you guys feel if Isaac's design in Ultimate was a blend between young and old ala Roy's Binding Blade-Awakening fusion? As if he's post-TLA but pre-DD?

DD's navy blue coat with GS1/2's bright blue tunic, red chestplate, and yellow scarf

I honestly would not mind a young but mature Isaac, I would like too see for sure. It would be a good mix of Golden Sun and Golden Sun: the lost age. A battle tested but mature warrior ready to slash, or move Mario, Link, even Snake, and Ridley out of his way. If they oppose him.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Sounds great and a good way to unveil him. Hopefully we'll see eventually.
That was when Dark Dawn was still recent enough that I figured it might be used for the base. If we got Isaac now, I think it would be young Isaac.

Though I don’t mind if we get bearded Isaac. I just hope he keeps the scarf.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
That was when Dark Dawn was still recent enough that I figured it might be used for the base. If we got Isaac now, I think it would be young Isaac.

Though I don’t mind if we get bearded Isaac. I just hope he keeps the scarf.
Young Isaac is the recognized design and the likely choice. Most would prefer it, including myself. It's not out of the question that Sakurai might want to blend in some DD elements though, whether based on his own desire or because of something Camelot says to him.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Isaac could even go the same route like Ike and Cloud have where they both have a young and older version of them plus different outfits.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
Isaac could even go the same route like Ike and Cloud have where they both have a young and older version of them plus different outfits.
But they have noticeably different builds unlike Ike and Cloud, so it's not a 1 to 1 change. That's why I speculated that Sakurai might think of blending the designs to make both camps happy.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
But they have noticeably different builds unlike Ike and Cloud, so it's not a 1 to 1 change. That's why I speculated that Sakurai might think of blending the designs to make both camps happy.
PoR Ike and RD Ike are a good bit different so it's possible we get both but I don't think it's likely,

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
PoR Ike and RD Ike are a good bit different so it's possible we get both but I don't think it's likely,
It does help that both PoR and RD Ike have the same height and bone structure. Having to iterate a young and old Isaac would require them to have a much similar frame and skeletal structure.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord

That'll be pretty awesome actually. I've always wanted to see how Isaac would've looked in-between the Lost Age and Dark Dawn and that would make for some interesting design choices with his character.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Looks like the July 9th leak was bogus after all. The fighter of the day was Marth, not K. Rool. [Shrugs] Not that I'm surprised.

Anyhow, assuming he did make it, I have a feeling Isaac's reveal trailer will be pretty straightforward, as was the case with other newcomers from newly represented franchises.

Here's how I envision it: Isaac is walking in an open field, and is immediately introduced. Then the screen flashes and Isaac is taken to a stage. Just like in the Golden Sun games, the camera circles behind Isaac, then a message at the bottom of the screen says, "(Insert fighter here) appeared!" After that comes the gameplay footage.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
There are so many ways they can do Isaac's reveal, it's crazy! Regardless what it is, we will love it!

For imagination sake, it would be awesome to have all RPG characters sparr it out (Fire Emblem characters, Ness, Lucas, Cloud, Shulk, etc) and all of a sudden, the earth shakes (Earthquake or Gaia) and as they look up to a Mountain Peak where the sun shines, Isaac is there to "Join the Party". Basically like saying, "Hey, you're forgetting another important RPG here!" Roll Isaac's move set and final smash (Please be Judgement) and bam. At the end, Master Hand shows up and Isaac uses his Psynergy to form a hand to face off. Either pound fists or do Rock, Paper, Sissors. I don't know, I just want to see a Psynergy hand face off Master Hand. Come on, Sakurai! You know that would be amazing!

DjinnandTonic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0619-5629-0198

(nice water)

Hmm. The aesthetic design here reminds me A LOT of the look of I Am Setsuna and Lost Sphear from Tokyo RPG Factory/SquareEnix.

...actually, I would be REALLY happy with a Golden Sun game created by that team. They do some solid JRPG crafting, but they could really use the stylistic flourish from the Golden Sun world/lore.

Maybe with a bigger focus on 'catching Djinni' like Pokemon? (Or perhaps you'd be able to 'raise' the Djinni you catch like a Chao Garden?)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Premium
If Isaac does indeed get in, he'd be similar to Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr.; his trailer would likely be post-release and on the "secret characters" section of the website (if such a thing exists.)

Or at least, I think so.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
If Isaac does indeed get in, he'd be similar to Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr.; his trailer would likely be post-release and on the "secret characters" section of the website (if such a thing exists.)

Or at least, I think so.
See, if this was any other Smash game, I would totally agree. He's not the most recognizable face.

I just can't see them keeping a ballot character secret.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
See, if this was any other Smash game, I would totally agree. He's not the most recognizable face.

I just can't see them keeping a ballot character secret.
Yeah. He would be chosen specifically for fan demand, so he would actually be pretty hype building.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I wonder if Smash Bros Ultimate even have "secret characters", since all but the original cast will be unloackable, and IIRC secret characters were always characters that needed to be unloacked.

Top Bottom