• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
So if Loz gets it right, will people still be in denial about him? Just curious… I stand neutral regarding his situation, as i don't care about leakers behavior but what comes in the end being proven right or wrong till the reveals happen and the game is released.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
So if Loz gets it right, will people still be in denial about him? Just curious… I stand neutral regarding his situation, as i don't care about leakers behavior but what comes in the end being proven right or wrong till the reveals happen and the game is released.
The thing about Loz is that he's not exactly proven to be correct 100%. Given how the rest of his info was incorrect after e3, i theorize that he might have been involved with the setup during e3.

And right now, i realllllly don't want his "leaks" to get my hopes up.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
*taps foot impatiently waiting for the next smash direct of some sort*

Well, least I'm making progress in GS PP only run, beat Kolima. Next up is the Lighthouse.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I still think it's totally possible that loz could be a false flagger, or someone who ran out of real info after E3 and has just been larping ever since. Like I've said before, Isaac in Smash is something I won't believe until I see it. Leaks won't convince me.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Sure, though all credit for compiling the support list has to go to @True Blue Warrior.

Ah so is mimique "predicting" Isaac will be in now, or am I misinterpreting the tweet? It's strangely phrased.

That's interesting, though I feel, unless mimique has actual insider info (which seems possible) there have to have been incorrect predictions of his which don't get focused on.
I'm fairly certain mimique doesn't have insider info, they're just very good at paying attention to fine details, noticing trends and making accurate predictions. Alax and His Cat on youtube made a pretty good video breaking down all of his posting this is what it basically amounts to. Whenever they post something, it's never in a manner in which he's telling you that this is info he has, but usually things he's sure are going to happen or speculating having a good chance of happening. The biggest interest I have is his speculation that ATs are going to be "choose-able" before you go into a battle in some mode and can be used like actual assists you might see in other fighting games like Pokken Tournament or some of the Naruto Ninja Storm games. He has some evidence to back up his claim too which is pretty sharp-eyed. So I'd take his commenting to be very informed and educated guesses albeit surprisingly sharp and accurate ones. He's someone who is worth valuing their opinion for speculation.

Edit: XenoWarriorX XenoWarriorX , if you're interested here's the Alax video. His AT prediction is somewhere near the middle/end. Thought you might like to see it.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm fairly certain mimique doesn't have insider info, they're just very good at paying attention to fine details, noticing trends and making accurate predictions. Alax and His Cat on youtube made a pretty good video breaking down all of his posting this is what it basically amounts to. Whenever they post something, it's never in a manner in which he's telling you that this is info he has, but usually things he's sure are going to happen or speculating having a good chance of happening. The biggest interest I have is his speculation that ATs are going to be "choose-able" before you go into a battle in some mode and can be used like actual assists you might see in other fighting games like Pokken Tournament or some of the Naruto Ninja Storm games. He has some evidence to back up his claim too which is pretty sharp-eyed. So I'd take his commenting to be very informed and educated guesses albeit surprisingly sharp and accurate ones. He's someone who is worth valuing their opinion for speculation.
Wait, Assists that assist you in battle?

That sounds...interesting. Is this an option? Or part of the game mechanics in the new smash?

*Then again, nobody could know.*

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, seems like we could solve this right now should anyone have any of his predictions that didn't come to pass...

No matter how intuitive he might be, if they are just predictions, he must've got at least one wrong by now.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wait, Assists that assist you in battle?

That sounds...interesting. Is this an option? Or part of the game mechanics in the new smash?

*Then again, nobody could know.*
The way they are making ATs, it's highly possible. They seem more like half-playable characters than before. Being able to dodge, attack, use at least one special move, and of course, get beaten up. It makes me wonder if you can even choose which characters you want to show up when you pick up an AT during battle. Imagine the chaos you could bring with just the Moon AT, or "Waluigi Time". Heck, it's quite possible you could do that with the Pokeball too. I say that because I found it strange that they never mentioned the Master Ball yet. But who knows?

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
Alright that's gonna be a long essay.

The Story So Far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVYeJyZCwzE

Daddy Sakurai tweet: https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/status/1027234926167388160

Sakurai is teasing Isaac for those reasons.

First we have 3 characters in an arena, in GS, if you play against a friend, you can only use 3 characters instead of 4 since the GBA can't handle 8 adepts.

Second, why Link, Marth and Shulk in this order? They are shown from oldest to newest, and we can replace them by your first 3 party members in Golden Sun. Link = Isaac, both are silent protagonist. Marth = Garet, Marth come from FIRE Emblem and Garet controls fire. Shulk = Yvan, both can see into the FUTURE.

Sorry if someone has pointed this out before, but I think I’m seeing something with this tweet. Link is 64, Marth is Melee, Shulk is 4. What’s missing? Brawl. Who made their smash debut is Brawl? Isaac.
Thank you Silo for that new piece of evidence, it make sense, just like the list of Trophy whit Isaac missing, someone from Brawl is missing!

Beside, this angle is rarelly used in RPG, Camelot is one of the only studio using it. What a coincidence...

I believe that Rathalos may be a reference to the Fusion Dragon, the final boss in Golden Sun, why? Both the Fusion Dragon and the Rathalos use fire attack and both can poison. Beside the fusion dragon comes from the fusion of two Mars adepts (mars adepts controls fire like Garet) And in Monster Hunter, the Rathalos drops can be use to make Fire Weapon, while the Rathian (the female) is use to make poison weapons. So Rathalos is more link to fire then poison, just like the Fusion Dragon.

Beside it's not the first time that Sakurai has use Twitter to tease a character, he did it whit Palutena, Shulk, Bayonneta, and Simon/King K Roll (red eyes) He even put a freaking red and yellow barell during E3 were he was getting record to tease King K Roll early, so it would not be the first time. Finally Golden Sun Dark Dawn page was update twice in the past weeks, it was the first time in years. (It may very well be nothing thought). It's a little too much if you want my opinion. Latelly, just before Loz18 Twitter d, he said that Isaac may be in after all (no confirmation).

https://twitter.com/MimiqueVEVO/status/1031718391260700678

Also this guy who has a track recored of getting this right

Hmm, is the Sun going to rise again?
Who Mimique is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecv3M5_TY_I (Link from T ThoughtfulWanderer

Apparently he said that Rathalos and Shovel Knight were AT, maybe he is a leaker disguise as a guesser.

Hoping for an happy ending.

Edit: Like I said, when something seems obvious in life, it's because it's happening.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Let’s say Isaac is in. Is there a reason Sakurai is now openly hinting at future newcomers? Just a fun spin on marketing this time around?

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
*taps foot impatiently waiting for the next smash direct of some sort*

Well, least I'm making progress in GS PP only run, beat Kolima. Next up is the Lighthouse.
Do you allow yourself to use items? Like the Bramble Seeds or potions?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Let’s say Isaac is in. Is there a reason Sakurai is now openly hinting at future newcomers? Just a fun spin on marketing this time around?
I would like to believe so. He knows we are all hungry for more info. So he probably puts these hints in to keep us busy and see if we can guess right. It definitely generates hype. Especially as of recent with Isaac and Skull Kid. And probably gets people who have no clue who these two are to learn about them and get just as excited as we are.

But that's too complicated for Sakurai to do, right?......right.....?

Edit: words

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Well, seems like we could solve this right now should anyone have any of his predictions that didn't come to pass...

No matter how intuitive he might be, if they are just predictions, he must've got at least one wrong by now.
Just for the record, I went through all of his tweets just now dating back to before E3 and I haven't seen anything wrong. Like I said before though, every tweet he's sent out has been not as a leaker but just a speculator. All the important ones are in that video I linked, but there are others that he makes offhand like "funky kong is too big for smash bros" lol. But he made comments like "willing Ridley into Smash Bros" before E3 Direct. Basically predicted K. Rool before the August Direct. Nothing so far that he's predicted is wrong so far.

His much more recent tweets put a lot more info out there though which can be easily wrong in the next bout of info we get. Basically going into reasoning behind the pokemon that they'll choose and the likely echos and newcomers he thinks are left. Only time will tell if he's right.

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I'm kind of skeptical about any of these things being hints. They feel too subtle in the first place, but even if they were hints, you're right, it would be weird for Sakurai to possibly spoil future newcomers for people who can pick up on these potential hints.

I still don't think the red eyes thing was a hint towards Castlevania or K. Rool. Just a lucky coincidence that Sakurai happened to be tired the day characters related to red eyes were revealed.

I don't think there have ever been hints this big this far in advance. There was the Bayonetta "climax", but that was literally seconds before she was revealed. I think someone said there was something about Sakurai tweeting something to do with the Monado before Shulk was revealed? I wasn't around back then so I wouldn't remember.

It's possible these are hints, but I wouldn't count on anything.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
I think it allows for discussions and speculation, and it gets more people talking about smash and the character in question which benefits Nintendo when more and more people are talking about smash and potentially bringing new fans to the series. So yeah I'd say it's a marketing strategy to some degree

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
First we have 3 characters in an arena, in GS, if you play against a friend, you can only use 3 characters instead of 4 since the GBA can't handle 8 adepts.
It's a technicality, but is it because the GBA couldn't handle that many adepts? I was pretty sure that it was to mix up the variability in gameplay. Imagine it - if both linked players at the same 4 characters, both players would do the same things to each other and wouldn't change up their strategies to fight. It's a mirror match each time. If you had 3 on 3, you could at least be forced to guess who your linked challenger chose in order to have the correct mix of djinni/adepts to fight with. I was pretty sure I read or heard that from somewhere, maybe a gamefaqs FAQ way back.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Do you allow yourself to use items? Like the Bramble Seeds or potions?
I'm all right with using items if need be, just can't use Djinn moves, Summons or Normal Attacks. Gonna be on the lookout for items that restore psynergy in the future.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
I'm kind of skeptical about any of these things being hints. They feel too subtle in the first place, but even if they were hints, you're right, it would be weird for Sakurai to possibly spoil future newcomers for people who can pick up on these potential hints.

I still don't think the red eyes thing was a hint towards Castlevania or K. Rool. Just a lucky coincidence that Sakurai happened to be tired the day characters related to red eyes were revealed.

I don't think there have ever been hints this big this far in advance. There was the Bayonetta "climax", but that was literally seconds before she was revealed. I think someone said there was something about Sakurai tweeting something to do with the Monado before Shulk was revealed? I wasn't around back then so I wouldn't remember.

It's possible these are hints, but I wouldn't count on anything.
i mean even if people see these hints and some pick up on it and others don't most people aren't gonna believe it I mean we also have our doubts so if that was his plan then he's a genius i mean look at how angry some people are when you even mention Isaac deep down theres gotta be some truth to it all there afraid lol they don't want it because they know the truth but they don't want to accept it truth is we got our golden boi (i hope)

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Just for the record, I went through all of his tweets just now dating back to before E3 and I haven't seen anything wrong.
It's also possible that he deleted the tweets where he predicted something incorrectly right? I still don't believe this guy has a perfect record for predictions

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Second, why Link, Marth and Shulk in this order? They are shown from oldest to newest, and we can replace them by your first 3 party members in Golden Sun. Link = Isaac, both are silent protagonist. Marth = Garet, Marth come from FIRE Emblem and Garet controls fire. Shulk = Yvan, both can see into the FUTURE.
Someone mentioned this earlier, but there was actually a neat little pattern in there.

Link = 64.

Marth = Melee.

Shulk = 4.

Brawl is the only one that's missing...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
"I got 10 more minutes. Do you remember that feeling of having 4 N64 controllers, everybody playing Golden Eye 64 at your house?"

Who is he hinting at, James Bond? LOL
I'm probably giving this more consideration than I ought to.... but maybe it's a reference to Golden Sun? (because of the Golden part)

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Still can't get over that ZeRo was like, "ah yeah, evidence shows Skull Kid and Isaac are likely." Like BOI. SHOW ME THAT ****IN EVIDENCE.

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Still can't get over that ZeRo was like, "ah yeah, evidence shows Skull Kid and Isaac are likely." Like BOI. SHOW ME THAT ****IN EVIDENCE.
The Moon is kinda evidence for Skull Kid, I guess? I don't buy the chairs theory. As for Isaac, I guess he agrees that the Rathalos picture looks like a Golden Sun fight. I don't buy either, but it would be great if they were true.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
It's also possible that he deleted the tweets where he predicted something incorrectly right? I still don't believe this guy has a perfect record for predictions
I don't know, I guess it is possible, yes. There's no blanks in his tweeting history though. From what I see, he'll repost and tweet every so often and he's certainly not a Smash-centric channel like some others are. The disguise is pretty good if he's actually trying to be a leaker and doing it off-handedly like he has and revising things that he's posted in the past. I'm not even vouching for him in particular, it's just simply an observation that he seems to predict pretty well and has some interesting insights every now and then. Like I said before as well, he's not particularly 'leaking' them at all and it's also not like he's posted a ton of info to go off of.

Unlike all of these others like LoZ, Vergeben, Neogaf, CEO who all give an info dump here and there with lists of newcomers, echos and other details, mimique just single posts here and there and it just turns out to be right. In my honest opinion it's a mixture of good intuition, educated guesses and luck. Even after the character is revealed, he even tweets out how surprised he was that he was correct (Specifically about Chrom and Ridley). Also, recently he's put a lot more guesses in some tweets, so luck is only going so far with those before the next reveal.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
We're still at 2nd place. Haha.

The geno thread is growing too. You recently passed 100,000, yes?
Actually you guys are in first. You passed Ashley when not to long ago. As for the Geno thread, I don't think we are anywhere near that number. Just passed 3,400 though.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Actually you guys are in first. You passed Ashley when not to long ago. As for the Geno thread, I don't think we are anywhere near that number. Just passed 3,400 though.
Whoops. Got replies and "views" mixed up.

Still, you're like...the third biggest thread in terms of replies. Nothing to scoff at.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Whoops. Got replies and "views" mixed up.

Still, you're like...the third biggest thread in terms of replies. Nothing to scoff at.
Definitely! And you guys are number one now! It's great to see Issac and Geno have come so far from supposed oblivion to such major parts of the newcomer speculation forum.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Definitely! And you guys are number one now! It's great to see Issac and Geno have come so far from supposed oblivion to such major parts of the newcomer speculation forum.
Even though there's a chance these characters arent gonna be chosen, i hope that it isn't the case. They've been waiting for this opportunity for decades.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I hope we all get our characters the chance they deserve after so long of waiting. It will truly feel like the best Smash ever made and will get better over time via DLC. I have to say, looking at Smash 4's roster, while pretty impressive, just feels incomplete. Ultimate's is looking more and more amazing by the day and I can't wait to see what it will have total.

Last edited:

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
I hope we all get our characters the chance they deserve after so long of waiting. It will truly feel like the best Smash ever made and will get better over time via DLC. I have to say, looking at Smash 4's roster, while pretty impressive, just feels incomplete. Ultimate's is looking more and more amazing by the day and I can't wait to see what it will have total.
I'm really hoping that Ultimate's DLC will in part serve to round up any top ballot absentees if there wasn't enough time to complete them all. With Isaac, Geno, Skull Kid, Bandana Dee, Banjo & Kazooie, etc. waiting in the wings and the possibility of a Pokemon, a Rhythm Heaven rep, Elma, etc. still looming over, I'd be shocked if there wasn't at least one noticeably popular snub from the base game.

If we can be put to ease by the fanbase's biggest suggestions being finished off with DLC, it's not just the best Smash game ever made. It's the best video game ever made. Nobody could convince me otherwise.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero

DogManStar

Smash Ace
I don't know if this image has been posted here, but it's a pie chart of the remaining contenders of the Smash Poll Consolidation document. To say Issac is in a good position is an understatement, but I am curious on your guys opinions on some of the other placements.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/...aracters_from_estimated_ballot_poll/?sort=new
Very happy to see Ray so high. Smaller series totally deserve more representation.

I honestly don't remember Bandana Dee being this popular during the ballot. I guess the supporters were drowned out by the constant discussion of K. Rool, Isaac, indies, etc...

Geno being lower than Shantae and Paper Mario surprises me, but I guess maybe some of his supporters were demoralized since this was probably from before the costume stuff happened.

Otherwise, I don't have much else to say on this. The top characters would all be pretty great additions imo, don't know much about what Paper Mario could do differently from normal Mario personally since I've never played the Paper Mario games. I like most of these characters overall.

Top Bottom