• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
We hit 6k posts yay

I joined last week at around 3k posts, it's actually nuts how much this thread progressed

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
A dream of mine (and a real far fetched one at that) would be that all this time, Sakurai has been and is a major Golden Sun fan. The reason we don't see this is for several reasons:
1) Nintendo had more control than he did when it came to choosing characters. The best he could do was an AT.
2) He hasn't been able to make a moveset just right for Isaac yet.
3) He left Isaac out in hopes to complete him for DLC, but Nintendo had other plans by abandoning the Wii U for the Switch and make a new Smash for it.
4) If he ever mentioned that he is a GS fan (like in an interview for example) he will be asked too many questions and could spoil the surprise.
5) Etc...

I don't know, that's just my delusional hopes about Sakurai. Also, I'm just brainstorming for fun.

Yoshi444

Smash Apprentice
I'm starting classes at university next week but I'm worry and anxious about Isaac. Idk if I would be able to study, ****.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
3) He left Isaac out in hopes to complete him for DLC, but Nintendo had other plans by abandoning the Wii U for the Switch and make a new Smash for it.
I've some theories that perhaps Sakurai and his team planned alot more DLC for smash, but Nintendo had deciced to cut the cord as the Wii U was still flopping. Mostly due to how Corrin and Bayonetta seemed like such an "odd" choice to end it on.

also the Alolan trainer guy reposted his leak on gamefaqs, nothing new but he claim that some of his information could be fake
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/76913056
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Expire how soon?

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Just stop wracking your brain. Enjoy the potential, and enjoy what you do get in whatever case :)

I say that while I did also say at one point I would freak if I didn't get any character I really wanted. But I still stand with what I just said.. just.. chillin' and enjoying in w/e case. you know?
Chillin', maxin', relaxin' all cool.

After K. Rool, I feel like Isaac's basically about 70-80%.

But that could be the :ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus: chamber talking.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Everybody thinks up movesets for Isaac, but has anybody thought up movesets for non-Isaac/Felix GS characters? I'm curious who, besides those two, people would want to see and how they think they would play.

Myself, personally, I'm a huge fan of Sveta. I know her inclusion is pretty much impossible, but I'd still absolutely adore tear-assing around the stages as the most brutal Jupiter Adept the series has ever seen.

So here's what I came up with.

Sveta
Being a brawler and Jupiter Adept, her fighting style is heavily anti-air and close range.
Neutral A: Quick Jabs (ala Cpt. Falcon)
Forward Tilt: Overhead punch. Hits slightly above to catch enemies jumping.
Down Tilt: Send a gust of wind out at her feet doing negligible damage but knocking the enemy down.
Up Tilt: Claw uppercut, hits above and forward, good knock up but short range.
Forward Smash: Lunging forward Slash with claws. Heavy damage and strong knock back.
Down Smash: Tempest. Makes two whirlwinds to her sides. Directly under her is unaffected. Mid damage and very strong knock up. (Think Mega Man Down Smash)
Up Smash: Ray, Call down lightning from the sky to strike foes above her. Centered on her hiit box, weak damage, high recovery time, strong knock up.
Grab: Grabs and then uses Slap to knock enemy away.
Neutral B: Sonic Slash. Sends out a high shock wave forward. Short range. The top of the shock wave deals more damage than the base. If enemy is grounded, does not cause flinching.
Side B: Psynergy Slam. Lunge forward and slam the enemy down to the ground. Damage increased if initiated in the air.
Down B: Spirit Sense. Read the enemy's mind to counter their attacks (What? Did you think a completely melee fighter was not going to have a counter?)
Up B: Psynergy Surge. Jumps into the air and slams enemies down. If used from the ground, goes directly up and jump distance is reduced. If used while airborn attack moves forward at ~60 degree angle. Enemies are hit similar to Captain Falcon/Ganondorf Up B with the exception being Psynergy Surge is a spike.
Final Smash: Beast Form. Sveta does a short range circular 'roar' around herself (think Roy). She then transforms into her beast form and claws through any enemies caught.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Joke Character Design 1: Alex
Attack button to teleport. Cannot move normally.
Special move to cause a water spout.

:p

Last edited:

alguidrag

Smash Ace
I would love to see Jenna, she could be a fire mage style with some short sword atks... Robin based moveset I would think

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I have a question for you guys. It might be a very familiar question, but I just want to see what people think now.

What do you believe are the reasons for Isaac's exclusion in Brawl?

Some speculators believed that Brawl was his prime time to be chosen.

Golden Sun was at franchise peak popularity with two successful games, sort of in a similar situation as Pikmin.

Isaac easily had the moveset potential to be worth implementing as a fighter.

Isaac even had notably high fan demand at the time, but Sakurai chose to implement him as Assist Trophy.

Why do you think Sakurai chose not to include Isaac in Brawl?

In-depth responses would be appreciated.
Timing and priority. Golden Sun was very popular right after melee, and by the time brawl came around, GS1&2 had been out for a while. Pikmin 2 came out closer to Brawl's release date and it was on a home console and it was developed in house. That's basically been the story for GS in Smash games. 1. It's always been on a handheld 2. Timing of the games and its popularity has screwed it out of any smash game 3. Because it was developed by Camelot who had other priorities it wasn't solely focused on over the years.

Look at companies like GameFreak and IS. You know what game series their priorities are clearly. Can you imagine if Camelot were as dedicated to Golden Sun as GameFreak was to Pokemon? Also, Brawl had bigger priority characters to include like Dedede, Diddy Kong, Wario. Looking at the cast of newcomers, if Golden Sun was considered a middling priority among them, it's easy to see why he'd be relegated down.

I expect Isaac to return in this game. 100% in the game somehow and at this point 70% playable/30% AT. If he's snubbed again, I'm going to assume that Nintendo doesn't think that Golden Sun is their franchise. It'll turn into Penultimate Smash for me, personally.

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Look at companies like GameFreak and IS. You know what game series their priorities are clearly. Can you imagine if Camelot were as dedicated to Golden Sun as GameFreak was to Pokemon?
A golden sun remake on the switch would definitely bring out more sales than the originals, and I'd argue that they would sell much better than the sports games that they're spending so much time on

Last edited:

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Chillin', maxin', relaxin' all cool.

After K. Rool, I feel like Isaac's basically about 70-80%.

But that could be the :ultlucina::ultdarkpit::ultdaisy::ultrichter::ultchrom::ultdarksamus: chamber talking.
Dude, you missed out on a killer ending, like..
Chillin', maxin', relaxin' all cool,
hittin' some smash balls with Isaac and K.Rool...

.. :)

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Timing and priority. Golden Sun was very popular right after melee, and by the time brawl came around, GS1&2 had been out for a while. Pikmin 2 came out closer to Brawl's release date and it was on a home console and it was developed in house. That's basically been the story for GS in Smash games. 1. It's always been on a handheld 2. Timing of the games and its popularity has screwed it out of any smash game 3. Because it was developed by Camelot who had other priorities it wasn't solely focused on over the years.

Look at companies like GameFreak and IS. You know what game series their priorities are clearly. Can you imagine if Camelot were as dedicated to Golden Sun as GameFreak was to Pokemon? Also, Brawl had bigger priority characters to include like Dedede, Diddy Kong, Wario. Looking at the cast of newcomers, if Golden Sun was considered a middling priority among them, it's easy to see why he'd be relegated down.

I expect Isaac to return in this game. 100% in the game somehow and at this point 70% playable/30% AT. If he's snubbed again, I'm going to assume that Nintendo doesn't think that Golden Sun is their franchise. It'll turn into Penultimate Smash for me, personally.
Smash and Golden Sun have never truly met a good time to work. It's a shame. I would want him in any capacity.
If it's credible info you want, we'll probably only get it close to release.
Dang it. The tensity isn't killing me ;;

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
A golden sun remake on the switch would definitely bring out more sales than the originals, and I'd argue that they would sell much better than the sports games that they're spending so much time on
Imagine a Golden sun remake looking kinda like Octopath Traveler… the possibilities

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
If we had to give an actual percentage chance what would we say is an accurate percent? Curious as to what people think realistically.
I'd probably put Isaac's chances at about 67% percent for being playable, 23% as a returning Assist Trophy and 10% the absence continues. With K. Rool being in the game and Ultimate being a massive bundle of fan-service, I think it's likely that they'll hear the demand for Isaac to be playable, or at least bring more Golden Sun content than what we got last time.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I made this document for my own curiosity, but figured I may as well share it with you guys since it's quite beneficial to your interests.

This is how many pages each character support thread had in the SSB4 forum. This is the important time to gauge popularity if you want to predict anything, given the ballot started in that game, not this one, despite it being used for this game. Our input right now doesn't really mean anything. Characters who were deconfirmed at the time, such as Waluigi and Ashley, for example, have much lower followings than they do right now. This is the closest you're reasonably going to get to a true Smashboards popularity poll.

https://pastebin.com/7PSf4KJT

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I made this document for my own curiosity, but figured I may as well share it with you guys since it's quite beneficial to your interests.

This is how many pages each character support thread had in the SSB4 forum. This is the important time to gauge popularity if you want to predict anything, given the ballot started in that game, not this one, despite it being used for this game. Our input right now doesn't really mean anything. Characters who were deconfirmed at the time, such as Waluigi and Ashley, for example, have much lower followings than they do right now. This is the closest you're reasonably going to get to a true Smashboards popularity poll.

https://pastebin.com/7PSf4KJT
It's kinda hard to guess, as the lower tier ones also managed to get into smash.

That said... i do think Isaac has a good chance given how he's in the 3rd spot. (If we're going by those rules.)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'm feeling a 65% chance on Isaac being playable and a 35% chance of being an assist.

I don't see anything other than that happening taking the exit poll into consideration. The push for Isaac will have gotten him an assist trophy if nothing else.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
It's kinda hard to guess, as the lower tier ones also managed to get into smash.

That said... i do think Isaac has a good chance given how he's in the 3rd spot. (If we're going by those rules.)
not second? because I only see Waddle Dee in front of him for the "to be confirmed"

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I know it shouldn't but the fact that it looks like we only have about 15 more Assist Trophies makes me think Isaac is being promoted to playable. (along with a few others)

If you think about it a number of characters we've already gotten have been promoted in some way.

Ridley went from a boss to playable
Dark Samus went from assist to playable
Chrom went from Final Smash to playable
Inklings went from Mii Costume to playable
K. Rool went from a Mii Costume to playable
Daisy went from Peach alt (sorta) to playable

and the other two are third party characters.

Arguably this is the Smash that's all about characters positions being upgraded. (and it looks like that trend will continue!)

Last edited:

DogManStar

Smash Ace
Since some of the ATs are probably still gonna be new, it doesn't look like there are too many spaces left.

idk now I'm starting to worry again. Isaac did so well on all the polls, why didn't he get a mii costume like K. Rool did? Was K. Rool just that overwhelmingly popular? Everything points to him having done well on the real ballot. I guess Ridley didn't get a costume either, but something just doesn't feel right to me all of the sudden.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
not second? because I only see Waddle Dee in front of him for the "to be confirmed"
Well, i'm only counting him based on the order they are in. Not whether they are confirmed.

I know it shouldn't but the fact that it looks like we only have about 15 more Assist Trophies makes me think Isaac is being promoted to playable. (along with a few others)

If you think about it a number of characters we've already gotten have been promoted in some way.

Ridley went from a boss to playable
Dark Samus went from assist to playable
Chrom went from Final Smash to playable
Inklings went from Mii Costume to playable
K. Rool went from a Mii Costume to playable
Daisy went from Peach alt (sorta) to playable

and the other two are third party characters.

Arguably this is the Smash that's all about characters positions being upgraded. (and it looks like that trend will continue!)

I seriously hope more characters get in, but i'm putting faith in Isaac for now.

Since some of the ATs are probably still gonna be new, it doesn't look like there are too many spaces left.

idk now I'm starting to worry again. Isaac did so well on all the polls, why didn't he get a mii costume like K. Rool did? Was K. Rool just that overwhelmingly popular? Everything points to him having done well on the real ballot. I guess Ridley didn't get a costume either, but something just doesn't feel right to me all of the sudden.
I wonder that too...- WHY.

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I know a few pages ago in this thread were discussing the exit character polling for Isaac in Japan being at #9 worrying them. I looked at the spreadsheets myself and it really doesn't look like any representative sample for Japanese votes. For US/EU you have tens of thousands whereas the Japanese ones only look to be in the hundreds. That's not to say that he couldn't very well be at #9, but it is questionable how high or low all of those characters actually are.

I also am looking at a lot of these videos and a lot bring up the supposed 'trilogy' of brawl speculation with Geno being in with Ridley and K. Rool. I'm not really sure why people don't remember that Isaac was certainly in there too. Maybe some selective memory or just plain bad memory. Like another poster pointed out earlier, if the idea is to have new Smash IPs introduced as fighters, we only have one this time. The leading thing that Isaac has going for him other than being the best choice ever ;), is introducing the entire Golden Sun universe into the Smash universe. That's something you can't say for a lot of these other characters, including K. Rool and Ridley. Those universes have been in smash since the beginning. You'd think that would be right up Sakurai's alley...

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
Everybody thinks up movesets for Isaac, but has anybody thought up movesets for non-Isaac/Felix GS characters? I'm curious who, besides those two, people would want to see and how they think they would play.

Myself, personally, I'm a huge fan of Sveta. I know her inclusion is pretty much impossible, but I'd still absolutely adore tear-assing around the stages as the most brutal Jupiter Adept the series has ever seen.

So here's what I came up with.

Sveta
Being a brawler and Jupiter Adept, her fighting style is heavily anti-air and close range.
Neutral A: Quick Jabs (ala Cpt. Falcon)
Forward Tilt: Overhead punch. Hits slightly above to catch enemies jumping.
Down Tilt: Send a gust of wind out at her feet doing negligible damage but knocking the enemy down.
Up Tilt: Claw uppercut, hits above and forward, good knock up but short range.
Forward Smash: Lunging forward Slash with claws. Heavy damage and strong knock back.
Down Smash: Tempest. Makes two whirlwinds to her sides. Directly under her is unaffected. Mid damage and very strong knock up. (Think Mega Man Down Smash)
Up Smash: Ray, Call down lightning from the sky to strike foes above her. Centered on her hiit box, weak damage, high recovery time, strong knock up.
Grab: Grabs and then uses Slap to knock enemy away.
Neutral B: Sonic Slash. Sends out a high shock wave forward. Short range. The top of the shock wave deals more damage than the base. If enemy is grounded, does not cause flinching.
Side B: Psynergy Slam. Lunge forward and slam the enemy down to the ground. Damage increased if initiated in the air.
Down B: Spirit Sense. Read the enemy's mind to counter their attacks (What? Did you think a completely melee fighter was not going to have a counter?)
Up B: Psynergy Surge. Jumps into the air and slams enemies down. If used from the ground, goes directly up and jump distance is reduced. If used while airborn attack moves forward at ~60 degree angle. Enemies are hit similar to Captain Falcon/Ganondorf Up B with the exception being Psynergy Surge is a spike.
Final Smash: Beast Form. Sveta does a short range circular 'roar' around herself (think Roy). She then transforms into her beast form and claws through any enemies caught.
I was just thinking today that if we somehow got a second GS rep, it should be Sveta. I love her design, and her beast form could have some cool moveset potential.

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
Duuuude. I'd love a Golden Sun remake, heck go the whole distance and have all three games, then show off the fourth.
On another note. Man this was close.

Hard to do a Psynergy only run if you run out of PP. :p
Gonna be quite a task til I can get some adept rings. Also, lookie, more of my silly names.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I know a few pages ago in this thread were discussing the exit character polling for Isaac in Japan being at #9 worrying them. I looked at the spreadsheets myself and it really doesn't look like any representative sample for Japanese votes. For US/EU you have tens of thousands whereas the Japanese ones only look to be in the hundreds. That's not to say that he couldn't very well be at #9, but it is questionable how high or low all of those characters actually are.

I also am looking at a lot of these videos and a lot bring up the supposed 'trilogy' of brawl speculation with Geno being in with Ridley and K. Rool. I'm not really sure why people don't remember that Isaac was certainly in there too. Maybe some selective memory or just plain bad memory. Like another poster pointed out earlier, if the idea is to have new Smash IPs introduced as fighters, we only have one this time. The leading thing that Isaac has going for him other than being the best choice ever ;), is introducing the entire Golden Sun universe into the Smash universe. That's something you can't say for a lot of these other characters, including K. Rool and Ridley. Those universes have been in smash since the beginning. You'd think that would be right up Sakurai's alley...
I honestly expect at least 3 new franchise representatives. That's how it's always been.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven are the most likely Nintendo IPs to make their debut alongside Splatoon.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
On another note, who is considering buying the limited edition that comes with the gamecube controller?

I'm thinking about it since I haven't played Smash with a game cube controller in a long time, it could be nostalgic.

Top Bottom