• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
For what it's worth bandana dee, dixie kong and shadow didnt have mii costumes either

We probably shouldn't look too much into it
Exactly. The Mii costumes really don't play much of any significance for who is confirmed.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
I still the think the cutting of the music tracks (or at least moving them or something I dunno) is significant when Golden Sun is involved. I just can't help but think they were removed or cut for later use (that or they are just going to let Golden Sun die but...I doubt it...the demand is too great at this point you just can't ignore it now). I'd like to think they are cooking up something. Even if this next direct doesn't give us Smash content maybe the one after it might.
Mii costumes don't matter much. Not really a factor in who gets in or not.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I still the think the cutting of the music tracks (or at least moving them or something I dunno) is significant when Golden Sun is involved. I just can't help but think they were removed or cut for later use (that or they are just going to let Golden Sun die but...I doubt it...the demand is too great at this point you just can't ignore it now). I'd like to think they are cooking up something. Even if this next direct doesn't give us Smash content maybe the one after it might.
Mii costumes don't matter much. Not really a factor in who gets in or not.
They had to get moved based on the new organization system. They're not Metroid or KI tracks. They'd be absent from those stages no matter Isaac's fate, it doesn't mean anything.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is great!

Back in the day people didn't expect Isaac, but they didn't bash him either. You know what it means when people start hating on previous unobjectionable characters? They've reached the highest ranks of popularity! It's always cool to hate on what's HIP. Happened to Ridley, happened to K. Rool, happened to Little Mac, now it's Isaac's turn. :D

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Anyway... I think the next direct will be the last for us
We will get confirmed or deconfirmed
We will see our golden sun shine
or our Mouning moon devour us

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Maybe you're right and I'm just overthinking it. I tend to do that type of thing a lot. I still think a chance is there even if they were just moved. But we also haven't seen any of it. Though it could just be in other but I'd hate if that were the case.
I really hope for the best case. But I'm not expecting it at all.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
This is great!

Back in the day people didn't expect Isaac, but they didn't bash him either. You know what it means when people start hating on previous unobjectionable characters? They've reached the highest ranks of popularity! It's always cool to hate on what's HIP. Happened to Ridley, happened to K. Rool, happened to Little Mac, now it's Isaac's turn. :D
He even called Isaac an anime swordsman.

Even though the sword is the weakest weapon he has...

Edit: and I kid you not, he literally says shulk is a unique swordsman because of his abilities.

Yet he somehow thinks Isaac's not qualified.

I don't even think he's played the games. lol

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Anyway... I think the next direct will be the last for us
We will get confirmed or deconfirmed
We will see our golden sun shine
or our Mouning moon devour us
From the words of the very first game I ever played, Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest, it shall happen for Isaac and all his fans, "The morning sun has vanquished the horrible night (or dark dawn. lol)".

DogManStar

Smash Ace
The anime swordsman argument is one of the worst things about Smash discussion imo. Sure... Isaac is totally a waste of space just because he looks like most JRPG characters do and happens to have a sword, one of the most common weapons in video games. It's not like he has tons of powers and abilities that no character in Smash currently even comes close to replicating. It's not like he wouldn't be able to fill multiple niches that haven't been filled by any character in Smash yet.

Also, do these people forget Smash is a Japanese game or something? Of course some of the characters are going to look "anime". That's a common art style in Japanese media...

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
The anime swordsman argument is one of the worst things about Smash discussion imo. Sure... Isaac is totally a waste of space just because he looks like most JRPG characters do and happens to have a sword, one of the most common weapons in video games. It's not like he has tons of powers and abilities that no character in Smash currently even comes close to replicating. It's not like he wouldn't be able to fill multiple niches that haven't been filled by any character in Smash yet.

Also, do these people forget Smash is a Japanese game or something? Of course some of the characters are going to look "anime". That's a common art style in Japanese media...
His arguments are just...so braindead.

He legit thinks Isaac is like Robin.

Which is only a stupid, surface-level observation. And really undermines the idea of magic taking different forms.

Last edited:

RandomAce

Smash Champion
Yeah, my main point being that the GBA had new IPs that destroyed in sales. Lucas, ZSS and Lucario were all from previously represented franchises. Despite this, Smash likes to pretend that those IPs never happened. It almost feels like you either need to have started out on a home console or become so blindingly popular that repping absence (in the case of Pokemon) wouldn't make sense. This brings up a good point too though with the 3DS smash. It never really panned out the way it should have.

Nintendo knew that their handhelds were wildly popular and had successful games all up and down its library. But it somehow just completely snubs most of the content you can see from handheld franchises. I mean, if you really think about it handheld exclusive series having playable reps? Pokemon stands alone on that mountain. Everything else, even if the character was from a handheld game has also been on console. It's to the point that I wonder if Wario would ever get in if all of the Wario World and Warioware games only released on handhelds and he was never in any Mario Party or Sports game. The bias feels that real.
The only GBA franchises that I can think of that were popular are Golden Sun, Advance Wars, and Rhythm Heaven.

Surprisingly, Isaac and whatever RH Rep might be the first characters to debut a handheld franchise that isn’t Pokémon in Smash history (unless you want to count G&W, but it’s more of a console sort of thing).

I wish AW can make the mile as those two, but they seem less likely. Hopefully Andy (and Will) can make it in by a miracle as either the base or DLC. This way we can have the three biggest currently unrepresented handheld franchises in Smash to truly represent a lot of Nintendo’s history.

Last edited:

Lonodel

Smash Journeyman

Isaac would be a poor choice becuase masterchief should get in, And call of duty too!

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Isaac would be a poor choice becuase masterchief should get in, And call of duty too!
As a big fan of Halo, I'm pretty surprised how much the fanbases wants master chief in Smash.

Not sure the fanbase understands how getting into the roster works...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even if the generic anime swordsman argument was true, which it obv isn't, that still wouldn't stop him from getting in. We get new sword-wielders with every game; Sakurai could give a ****, lol.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
His arguments are just...so braindead.

He legit thinks Isaac is like Robin.

Which is only a stupid, surface-level observation. And really undermines the idea of magic taking different forms.
Should we summon Eclipse to knock some sense in or is that too much?

RandomAce

Smash Champion
As a big fan of Halo, I'm pretty surprised how much the fanbases wants master chief in Smash.

Not sure the fanbase understands how getting into the roster works...
HEY! That’s honestly pretty and rude and disrespectful to those that actually want the character.

If Master Chief did end up doing well on the ballot he may likely will get in, Isaac’s only saving grace is the ballot so don’t go mocking people for it.

—————————————————
Anyways, when do you guys think they’ll potentially reveal Isaac? I’m suspecting him to get revealed in a Smash direct about the Spirits Mode in October and have September have reveals for characters like a S/M Pokémon and/or Elma.

Last edited:

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
You could use the argument for practically all the characters with swords...and I still don't understand the "too many swords" rhetoric. Plus a few don't even use a sword for every move in their moveset.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
HEY! That’s honestly pretty and rude and disrespectful to those that actually want the character.

If Master Chief did end up doing well on the ballot he may likely will get in, Isaac’s only saving grace is the ballot so don’t go mocking people for it.

—————————————————
Anyways, when do you guys think they’ll potentially reveal Isaac? I’m suspecting him to get revealed in a Smash direct about the Spirits Mode in October and have September have reveals for characters like a S/M Pokémon and/or Elma.
I....uh....Sorry. But you have to be real. Halo is a Microsoft only franchise. And it's series nor it's developer have any history with Nintendo.

Plus, I think I'm being realistic in thinking that Nintendo fans would probably pick "Nintendo" characters, or at least characters that have history with Nintendo.

Sorry, but I can't lie. *shrug.*

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Just checked... this thread was at page 68 before the Direct. Now it's at 144. It's more than doubled in size within a week. Good lord.

I guess that's what happens when K. Rool is confirmed and Ashley is deconfirmed.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Just checked... this page was at 68 before the Direct. Now it's at 144. It's more than doubled in size within a week. Good lord.

I guess that's what happens when K. Rool is confirmed and Ashley is deconfirmed.
We also have the second most viewed character thread, right behind Ashley.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Look what I found! Isaac was behind K. Rool, but now is #1 most wanted!

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/97xud0/smash_ballot_data_taken_from_5_exit_polls_45000/

(If this was already mentioned. My bad. I'm slow.)
Most surprising to me is that Skullkid isn't on there, or did I just miss him?
Wow, I just cannot believe that Skull Kid wasn't actually that popular for the ballots. I've seen a ton of people say that he was. I feel like they might have been lying
Jesus it's only been like a week, how can people not remember a time Skull Kid wasn't super popular?

(Isaac's placement is also great, but I already knew about it. Hoping for the best!)

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
StormC StormC , I don't know why, but every time I see your profile pic, I think you're the real K. Rool coming to support us and Isaac. Haha! I need to go to bed...

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Jesus it's only been like a week, how can people not remember a time Skull Kid wasn't super popular?

(Isaac's placement is also great, but I already knew about it. Hoping for the best!)
Maybe it's a mix of people who are too young to have played the earlier smash games and clearly weren't around for the speculations back then and people who have a Mandela Effect going on. If a bunch of people say it, it must be true! Then you're in an echo chamber of Skull Kid and can't believe he wasn't always popular. I'd love to have him in the game though. There's a lot they can do with such a character.

alguidrag

Smash Ace

—————————————————
What the exact day of GS and GS TLA launch? if is between September and december we have our date

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Maybe it's a mix of people who are too young to have played the earlier smash games and clearly weren't around for the speculations back then and people who have a Mandela Effect going on. If a bunch of people say it, it must be true! Then you're in an echo chamber of Skull Kid and can't believe he wasn't always popular. I'd love to have him in the game though. There's a lot they can do with such a character.
I mean no offense to Skull Kid but he doesn't really do much. I'm sure Sakurai could make a moveset but at the same time, the thing he's most famous for is an AT. Do you even actually fight him in MM? Because I don't remember one with him. What do people expect him to do? Also to be clear I am actually asking the question because I honestly don't know.

Baddies are back

Smash Apprentice
I mean no offense to Skull Kid but he doesn't really do much. I'm sure Sakurai could make a moveset but at the same time, the thing he's most famous for is an AT. Do you even actually fight him in MM? Because I don't remember one with him. What do people expect him to do? Also to be clear I am actually asking the question because I honestly don't know.
You never fight skull kid, the most that you do to him is blow a bubble so he drops the ocarina of time

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
I don't honestly know too much either. The only things I've seen where he actually fights is in Hyrule Warriors doing some various things. I think Sakurai can make the character do whatever he wants though as it relates to gameplay elements in Majora's Mask. I haven't gotten around to playing that game, but I've seen and heard about a lot of different things like using the ocarina or some of his hijinks in his move.

You can second me on not knowing how he would work as I'm not crazy pulling for him. I just like his design and welcome LoZ newcomers that aren't the triforce for a change since the series has a lot more to go on.

Mav485

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1504-7090-2374
Switch FC
SW 7228 3594 2505
This has been on my mind for awhile. If you could choose 1 character to replace for Isaac in Brawl, but that replaced character would get in Smash 4, who would you choose?

Me, it would be Olimar. Now, I have no hate for the character whatsoever, but his inclusion in Brawl has always made me scratch my head wondering, "why?" Now, he would have been a perfect fit for Smash 4 due to all the weird, yet clever characters that were added like WFT, Villager, Duck Hunt, etc. Olimar fits better as a Smash 4 character than a Brawl one.

And if Isaac was cut from Smash 4, the reason would be, "...uh, his Psynergy was difficult to implement in the 3DS." HA!
Considering how he took Mewtwo's spot, I'd say Lucario. It would make Mewtwo's return in Smash 4 be that much more impactful and Lucario is similar enough in design that you could include him as an Echo or as an alternate costume. If I have to stick more to the original idea, I'd go with R.O.B. as well. He makes a lot of sense alongside some of the oddball and iconic character choices.

DogManStar

Smash Ace

It's a weird effect, not sure why this happens. Skull Kid wasn't this big before people started to think the chairs were a hint, and the leaks started to mention him. I do think Skull Kid is an interesting character, but this support seems to have come out of nowhere. He definitely hasn't always been this popular.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
You do fight him he's the final boss and if Isaac was behind k-rool we have nothing to worry about

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
The Skull Kid "fight" just has you play a certain song after doing x amount of things prior to the last day and going up the clock tower to him. I'd like to leave it spoiler free for those who might not have played it. It gets...bizarre after that though as I've beaten Majora's. And it was much harder to finish than like Ocarina or Wind Waker imo. I'm a Wind Waker fan and Majora fan the most though. Thought Ocarina was overrated.
Edit: Awful grammar.. yuck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom