• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let Me Tell You About Wolf... [postponed due to computer issues]

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm thinking of starting a project of sorts if others are down to participate, since we really don't do much related to the metagame on the boards >_> The concept is simple: we'll have a bunch of us get together on Skype every week or so to discuss a specific topic and how it affects Wolf's metagame.

I'm looking for players that are knowledgeable about Wolf / have plenty of experience with him that can explain their points well in conversation, probably no more than 4-5 people to prevent things from getting too chaotic. We'd need to find a good timeslot where everyone is available, but I don't intend on starting this for another two weeks-ish. The talks will be recorded and posted in this thread, which will serve as a center for feedback on the episodes and selecting the next discussion topic.

Who's interested?

:059:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
lol JJ. Except not really. I'd have more people in on the session if it wouldn't be impossible to tell people apart and stuff :/

Edit: Kain's also down, so far so good :)

:phone:

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Put me on the substitution list, it really depends on what character we're dealing with or the topic for if I could be helpful or not.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm still on vacation and then busy with moving in to college and other nonsense, so not until August 30th or later. What time/day works best for people, and what topic do you guys want to discuss?

Also, for people that won't be participating, are you interested in seeing the recordings? I don't want to record this if nobody's going to watch :x

castorpollux

Smash Champion
i don't get where you guys get the idea that i troll. i haven't brolled anyone in a while

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Excellent. That's plenty of people.

What topic do you guys want to cover first, any suggestions? I have a few in mind but would like to see what others are interested in.

Zync

Smash Journeyman
We could start discusing about the grab release topic, or about simple mindgames/techniques that have a high rate of working, start sharing stuff we know or even discussing which secondaries work well to cover wolf worst MU´s

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Seagull suggested ICs to me before, but your idea sounds good. Kinda like a mixed bag of cool Wolf tricks that each of us knows/uses and how they help out?

Zync

Smash Journeyman
Seagull suggested ICs to me before, but your idea sounds good. Kinda like a mixed bag of cool Wolf tricks that each of us knows/uses and how they help out?

True this could be the best thing we can do, to exchange all the silly shenanigans that work most of the time, and stuff like the Side B through the tree on pokemon stadium you taught me while I was at NJ :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
I don't have skype.

Food for thought: in my Link guide I stressed 'tip-of-attack' spacing.

*Tip of attack spacing:

[...] Tip of attack spacing also is longer than most grabs. Standing shield grabs can’t immediately punish Link’s reach with the exceptions of tether grabs (minus Lucas and Yoshi who can’t standing grab good spacing), DDD and maybe Charizard, who have the best and 2nd best normal grab ranges in the game.
[...]
Tip spacing for landing canceling attacks means Link has better ground spacing to jab etc after he does land. And Link can better avoid shield grabs and rush attacks.
[...]
In every aspect this spacing makes the most of Link’s great disjointed reach and is safer. The trick is hitting the opponent or spacing so they could be hit which factors Link’s lag/reach/movements, the opponent’s, and their relative positioning etc. You don’t want to throw out too short attacks hoping the enemy will move into them.
[...]
As a general guideline, tip of attack spacing means try to connect with the farthest out hitbubble with jabs/Ftilt/Utilt/Fsmash/Usmash/Fair/Bair/Uair/Zair; many hitbubbles follow Link’s sword during the attack.
For Fsmash this is the extent of Link’s reach:

Link steps forward for Fsmash1 & 2 and his attack does not cover behind him (unlike Toon Link’s Fsmash). Ftilt steps forward but starts behind Link and is a good alternative to Fsmash1 vs opponents who roll behind Link. You can judge the tip hitbubble for all Link’s sword swings visually by hitting with the sky blue energy streak area.

Wolf has a similar spacing game with Bair/Fair/Uair/Ftilt/Dtilt/Fsmash and less-so Dsmash/forwardB. To help people prefect hitting with the tip of Wolf's attacks and know visual cues relating to the hitbubbles could make the metagame safer and more efficient.
/not new but good to refine.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
So this will probably be delayed a bit (like a month or so), since my computer is going to crap and I really need a new one to record stuff / use Skype properly... if someone else wants to run the first one that would be great though, I can still Skype from my phone for the chats.

Sorry guys :x

PMC66

Smash Journeyman
if you press a short hop B-air and at the same time you input B-air on the c-stick you press down sharply you can make a last minute adjustment on the spacing and make your B-air land faster. making it safer when used :D the other piece of advice i'd wish to add is don't aproach snake from high above.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
if you press a short hop B-air and at the same time you input B-air on the c-stick you press down sharply you can make a last minute adjustment on the spacing and make your B-air land faster. making it safer when used :D the other piece of advice i'd wish to add is don't aproach snake from high above.
Wut...

:018:

:phone:

Top Bottom