• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let’s talk Trophies

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Trophies has been and always will be one of my most favorite aspect of Smash aside from the roster. It’s always fun to collect these things and see the history of Nintendo and it’s franchises on display. With the advent of 3rd party characters, it’s great to see 3rd party trophies also featured. So, in the next Smash game, what trophies do you want to see be included? What trophies do you think will be included? Let’s talk Trophies!

D

Deleted member

Let me tell you, I have not cared much about trophies but there were a few that looked good such as the Daisy trophy in Melee. The only trophies methinks will be included are Alm, Celica, Callie & Marie, Min Min, and Pauline in her Super Mario Odyssey appearance. Oh, and some of the karts from Mario Kart Double Dash such as Turbo Birdo or Parade Kart would be great. Some of the Generation 7 Pokemon appears to be a certainty like Incenaroar, Decidueye, Cutiefly, etc.

That being said, it would be nice if the possibility of getting the same trophies more than once was completely eliminated. This can explain my indifference for collecting trophies, so...

Sayonara :kirby:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That being said, it would be nice if the possibility of getting the same trophies more than once was completely eliminated. This can explain my indifference for collecting trophies, so...

Sayonara :kirby:
It would be great if we could convert extra trophies into things like gold for other uses.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It would be great if we could convert extra trophies into things like gold for other uses.
If I remember right, you could sell custom equipment for gold too. This would be nice overall to do for Trophies, as most don't get extra Trophies outside of some extra "completionist" ideal, liking having 99 of each or something.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Gimme some trophies from other companies. Like a lot of trophies from other companies.

Like let each company have a legacy trophy box.
For example:
Capcom Legacy- Dante, Viewtiful Joe, Ametarasu, Leon, Chris, Arthur, etc.

Just seeing them represented is cool to me and trophies are perfect for that.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm pretty sure that a good portion of the 7th generation Pokemon, along with Breath of the Wild's four Champions, will receive trophy cameos. And it would be nice if you could sell your duplicate trophies to earn some gold.

Need some Street Fighter and Final Fantasy trophies. Chun Li, Tifa, Sephiroth, etc

Bandana Dee too. No reason to not be a trophy yet.

Wouldn't mind more locations as trophies either. Midgar, Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser's Castle, etc. Ofcourse, that isn't logical since it's a bigger model for a tiny thing. . .

Also, having all the Kid Icarus trophies properly put together. unless i'm mistaken, Wii U version didn't have VHades, Medusa, or Viridi trophies. And Viridi is IN THE WII U VERSION!

Oh, and Arthur from FE Fates. Maybe some FE 6 characters too like Lilina.
:061:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

There will definitely be a lot of Splatoon trophies. Arms and Xenoblade 2 too if Spring Man and Rex becomes playable. Street Fighter and Final Fantasy should get lots of trophies assuming Ryu and Cloud returns or at least I hope they do.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
there's plenty of trophies id like to see, for zelda, ravio, hilda, yuga, link totem, lady maude, the four champions, sidon, yunboo, riju and i hope wed get some from hyrule warriors lana, cia, volga, wizzro and linkle

D

Deleted member

Reposting what I said about trophies in the speculation thread:

What I'd like to see is about the trophies of the playable characters.

It may be something minor, but I'd still love that the fighters' trophies go back to the style Melee had, as to know "classic" trophies representing them as they appear in the universes they come from, "regular" trophies representing them as they appear in Smash, and the ones with their Final Smashes.

And what would be even greater is that the fighters' "classic" trophies would be obtainable by regular means, like gallery, shop, collectables in solo modes, etc., including those of the hidden characters, thus, the surprise effect would be even better once you unlock them without knowing they are in the game.
For example, imagine :4greninja: is not in the base roster. You're not aware it's an hidden fighter. You got a "classic" trophy of it. Then you trigger a character-unlocking match, you see that :4greninja: is your opponent and you go like "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO--".

Staarih

Smash Master
I loved the Trophy Boxes in Smash 4 and I hope they return, hopefully all existing trophies could somehow make their way into them instead of just picking a select amount.

I think Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and ARMS will have a set of trophies of all the main/playable characters much like W101 and the original Xenoblade had in Smash 4. Splatoon will probably have Callie/Marie and Pearl/Marina at least, maybe they’ll make their way into Assist Trophies even. Gen 7 of Pokémon, Odyssey and BotW will definitely be heavily featured. Here’s also hoping for more actual Yoshi-trophies to give his universe a bit more to chew on.

I like the idea of ”classic” trophies of the roster returning, they could really go all the way and have a trophy on every playable character’s first appearance, be they sprites or 3d-models. Would enlighten the history of them more and to see the classic vs regular Smash trophy side by side would be fun.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Like most other Smash games, I think this game will put a heavy focus on the titles that came out between releases.

- I'm sure all four of the Champions will receive a trophy. Here's to hoping someone is kind enough to make trophies of Kass and Sidon as well (or better yet, make amiibo out of 'em).

- Even if ARMS doesn't get a character, I can still see at least 2-4 trophies coming from the series. It deserves it.

- Copies of Splatoon and Splatoon 2 sell by the bucket in Japan. Expect trophies of almost every notable character.

- I guess it's possible to see 1-2 trophies from Hyrule/Fire Emblem Warriors. Not expecting much representation from those games.

- Odyssey is going to get a few trophies. Cappy and Pauline are a given, but I wouldn't be surprised if we also got some trophies of the kingdoms/inhabitants and Mario's transformations.

- Xenoblade 2 should be another focus. There's plenty of characters to add as trophies from that game.

- Kirby has kinda been left in the dust in terms of trophies. Not only do we need trophies from Robobot and Star Allies, but we also need something from Epic Yarn and Triple Deluxe.

And that's what I'm expecting so far. Hopefully we'll get even more trophies from Prime 4 and Pokemon Switch.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I want a lot of retro characters trophies just like in melee I want to see them in 3D and how their design would change such as Harry from teleroboxer, Muddy mole, Nester, Sukapon, Starman, Hakkun, Urban champion and many more

Also if Geno becomes playable then I want a lot of SMRPG trophies because they all have interesting designs and also square-enix and Nintendo haven't added the SMRPG models in any game and they still have them

Also I want more Wario series trophies in 3D that includes Wanda and Wario woods characters and Wario land characters it shouldn't all just be about Warioware

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
its be nice if all the arms fighters and biff got trophies i imagine therell be gair number of spaltoon trophies perhaps even one for each weapon type cappy ought to have a trophy as well

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would love to see animated trophies like before. Not sure of what but they would be appreciated. I’m also a huge fan of stage trophies and definitely would like to see more included. I also have a fun idea of maybe Legacy Trophies which depict, in higher resolution, particular events within the Nintendo franchises histories. Like Link defeating Ganondorf in OoT. Mario swirling Bowser around from his tail from SM64. The Star Fox team battling the Independence Day saucer on Katina. Red defeating Gary for the first time to become Champion. Samus meeting the Baby Metroid.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
The Rayman trophy did get mine hopes up for more third-party representation outside of the playable roster.

Personally, I'd like to see trophies from more obscure titles. I was really glad that we got a Baten Kaitos song on Shulk's stage. That said, I would absolutely love to see trophies of Kalas, Sagi, and their companions.

Since The World Ends With You is getting a Switch port, I think a trophy of Neku, Shiki, Joshua, Beat, and Rhyme would be ace. Since Square Enix is already involved in Smash, I could see it happening.

Lastly, a trophy of Gunvolt and Copen would be more than I could ever hope for.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Yeah, it was great seeing affiliated trophies like from the Fatal Frame and Rainfall games. I hope we see more trophies from the 3rd party franchises. Heck, it was even fun seeing Zero despite him being an MMX character.

Oddball

Smash Lord
Some of my favorites are from the real old school games, characters that have never had 3d representation before.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing I liked about the Rayman trophy in general is that seeing 3rd party Trophies and content in general for franchises not in Smash as playable characters was plausible. Not that it gives me any remote hope in seeing Quest 64 trophies, but still. I'm glad there isn't some silly stigma/requirement to get other 3rd party content. It'd be pointless to do so. Although to be fair, Sakurai has knowingly set specific rules for 3rd party characters(must originate in a game, must have a gaming history), so him setting rules for 3rd party content in general isn't that hard to believe.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I haven’t finished my list of trophies I want o see/I’ll think we will be seeing. However, perhaps other people here can also post lists of trophies for a particular franchise?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I haven’t finished my list of trophies I want o see/I’ll think we will be seeing. However, perhaps other people here can also post lists of trophies for a particular franchise?
Well, I'd have to do it sometime, and we all know it has a .00001% chance of happening(I may be overexaggerating the chances);

Quest 64 List
Brian
Wyvern
Were Hare
Hell Hound
Shannon Stork

...I think those are the most well known at this point? Or most popular. I know some monsters were promoted quite a bit among the various boxes/artwork. Those are some of the 3 most well known monsters. Shannon is the most known NPC, so... yeah. I guess Epona might be worth a trophy or two story spoiler characters(he who set the plot up overall, and the final boss). Brian's dad, I guess? Eh.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
If they're porting trophies over from games, I want Hyrule Warriors to be the source of most of the Zelda trophies (and Botw, obviously) it would give us high quality trophies of many classic characters

Darunia
Ruto
Twili Midna
Zant
Fi
Agitha
Young Link
Tetra
King Daphnes
Medli
Ravio
Yuga
Marin
Toon Zelda
Great Fairy

Even the enemies would be great (although their models aren't exactly great)

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m really looking forward to BoTW trophies. From the top of my head I’d like to see trophies off:

• BoTW Link
  • BoTW Zelda
  • Each of the four champions
  • Each of the four Divine Beasts
  • Sheika Slate
  • Shieka Tower and Shrine
  • The Monks
  • A group trophy of each Ganon Blight
  • Calamity Ganon
  • Epona
  • Shieka Cycle
  • Lynel
  • Guardians
  • Mini Gaurdians
  • Airborne Guardian
  • Horse stables
  • Old Man/King Roam
  • Impa
  • Yuga Clan and Boss
  • Purah
There’s obviously lots more but I’ll write those down later.

D

Deleted member

We can safely assume that the total number of trophies will get above the threshold of 1000 as well right?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
We can safely assume that the total number of trophies will get above the threshold of 1000 as well right?
I think if you combined the trophy collections in both versions you do end up with 1000+ trophies (although with some duplicates). I think we would probably get something close to that number.

I agree on the notion of third party trophies, It was nice seeing Rayman, Commander video and Fatal Frame (and that other game I don't know much about) get trophy representation at the very least despite their parent companies not having a playable representation in any form, I do hope they expand on that. If series like Layton, Shantae etc aren't allowed to have any playable characters due to reasons then at the very least they deserve to have a trophy.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I want both classic and new Fire Emblem representation (Smash 4 on Wii U had mostly rehashes of Brawl's trophies, for shame)

I would like a shower of trophies from most Switch, Wii U and 3DS games that have released since Sm4sh - so both Splatoon, ARMS, both Xenoblade games, BotW and Tri-Force Heroes, Odyssey, Star Allies, even the far-off ones like Captain Toad, Tank Troopers and Sushi Striker.

Doesn't mean they should neglect the classic games and content :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I was thinking that if this game is based off the engine of the previous game, that the might end up reusing a lot of trophies...

and if that happens they might have had time to add in a lot more new trophies. Personally I hope along with the obvious ones they add some more obscure ones. I think that's what I loved about trophies in Melee, it had a lot of obscure trophies....since Brawl the trophies have started to be a lot less surprising I think.

Where's the Doshin the Giant and Hakkun trophies? Teach us some forgotten Nintendo history!

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
It would be amazing if the trophies included anecdotes from the game developers who previously worked on their games.

Smash4's trophy descriptions were pretty great. Whoever the writer was did an amazing job.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I liked the few stage trophies we got in Melee and Brawl, what with the backstories of them. I’d like to see those in for every stage.

And I normally don’t like 3rd party stuff, but Smash Trophies is a great place for them. *Imagines Dovahkiin trophy*

Also, frequent new trophies added to the mix in free updates?

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Trophies are my jam

Personally I’d like to see trophies from the oft-forgotten IS title, Codename S.T.E.A.M. The game bombed commercially, but a lot of love was put into that title, and in my opinion, it was criminally underrated.

Plus, who wouldn’t want to collect a Smash trophy of President Abraham Lincoln in his steam-powered mech designed to eliminate lovecraftian abominations?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, I thought it over, and you know who it'd be interesting to see a trophy of?

Reinhardt, from Thracia 776.

Before Fire Emblem Heroes he was a "Literally Who?" character even among most Fire Emblem fans, since so few people have played Thracia and he wasn't even playable in it...and then he got released for Heroes and was so broken that he continues to define the meta. I just think it'd be a neat way to acknowledge Heroes in a less obvious way.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
You know, I thought it over, and you know who it'd be interesting to see a trophy of?

Before Fire Emblem Heroes he was a "Literally Who?" character even among most Fire Emblem fans, since so few people have played Thracia and he wasn't even playable in it...and then he got released for Heroes and was so broken that he continues to define the meta. I just think it'd be a neat way to acknowledge Heroes in a less obvious way.
I just want more FE trophies in general, as the series has always kind of gotten shafted in that department.

On one hand, it makes sense, considering most of the characters are either seen as 2D art or pixel portraits. But on the other hand, there are so many unique characters that can’t be playable, but at least deserve a mention.

FE having only one trophy case in Smash 4 broke my heart

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I just want more FE trophies in general, as the series has always kind of gotten shafted in that department.

On one hand, it makes sense, considering most of the characters are either seen as 2D art or pixel portraits. But on the other hand, there are so many unique characters that can’t be playable, but at least deserve a mention.

FE having only one trophy case in Smash 4 broke my heart
Right there with you. For a series with as many characters as it has, it really doesn't get much in the way of trophies (there wasn't even a Frederick trophy on the 3DS version, come on, Sakurai).

At the very least this time we should get most of the folks from Warriors, considering they have portable 3D models already. That way we'd also get Caeda, who REALLY should have had a trophy by now, too.
Throw in some SoV, Heroes, and FE16 trophies and we'd be getting somewhere.

Morbi

Scavenger

Oh, lmfao, the second I read Reinhardt, I thought you were talking about Overwatch. I was like, "da faq?!" I would totally support Overwatch trophies, however. There is such little lore that you could easily fit the description on the screen in a large font.

In general, I prefer trophies of more obscure characters that nobody knows about as that is more or less their intended purpose. It is a little redundant to see a trophy of Blastoise, for instance. That being said, I would not shed one single tear if the feature were removed. It was nice back in the day when wikis were not readily available. Nowadays, it is just a waste of development time.

D

Deleted member

It would be amazing if the trophies included anecdotes from the game developers who previously worked on their games.

Smash4's trophy descriptions were pretty great. Whoever the writer was did an amazing job.
I believe the writer of the descriptions was Shigesato Itoi or whoever wrote the MOTHER games.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Trophies are one of my favorite elements of Smash Bros. There's something about having an abundant collectible, with its range of commonality, that doesn't affect gameplay while still rewarding the player with interesting content that greatly appeals to me. I love seeing my collection grow and reading all the little blurbs about which character/item/element each trophy has to offer.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
trophies are literally the best part of smash. it's like the ****ing pokedex of nintendo. without trophies smash is just another boring platform fighter like rivals of aether

Starlight_Lily

Stage Overflowing with Starlight
I hope we actually get characters from Mario & Luigi, this time, after the series got shafted when it came to the 3DS, since Paper Mario was on there, when they should have been on the Wii U, and not the 3DS.

Also let's get some of trophies of obscure obscure Nintendo titles from the Golden era of arcades. Plus trophies of WiiWare and DSiWare games.

Troykv

Smash Master
Right there with you. For a series with as many characters as it has, it really doesn't get much in the way of trophies (there wasn't even a Frederick trophy on the 3DS version, come on, Sakurai).

At the very least this time we should get most of the folks from Warriors, considering they have portable 3D models already. That way we'd also get Caeda, who REALLY should have had a trophy by now, too.
Throw in some SoV, Heroes, and FE16 trophies and we'd be getting somewhere.
If we would get the Fire Emblem Heroes Summoner Weapon in Smash Bros, we would get tons of new trophies for different popular Fire Emblem Characters like Nino, Caeda/Shiida, Veronica, Camilla and some lords that would feel redundant in the main roster, etc.

Top Bottom