• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leon Scott Kennedy for Smash (and introducing myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flaberge

Smash Rookie
Hello Smashers, my name is Flaberge and I'm new to this forum. I have been an avid lover of Smash since melee and joined because I occasionally like to make my own movesets and such for characters I want to be in Smash Bros., so I thought I'd join a forum and share what I've made with people I know love Smash as much as I do! If I am in the wrong place for this I apologize, but I would like to introduce you to the first character I have fan-made, who is one of my favourite characters of all time; Leon Scott Kennedy from the Resident Evil series. I know he is from a rated M game and a pretty gory one at that, but I believe I have come up with a moveset that is very Smash friendly.

Why I think he should be in Smash?

1. Sakurai is known to be a lover of video games, so adding a character from a series as revolutionary as Resident Evil would be a great love letter to fans of gaming in general.
  2. Leon has appeared on a Nintendo console before. His biggest game, Resident Evil 4, was originally a GameCube exclusive and a huge seller at that, so adding him in will pay homage to a great game that sold well on one of Nintendo's best consoles. Additionally, Resident Evil 4 was re-released on the Wii.
  3. Someone from a horror video game franchise would add a lot of diversity to Smash. Sure we have Simon and Richter from Castlevania, but I would say that Castlevania is more of an adventure game than a horror game.
  4. Leon could be a really unique character in Smash, which I will outline below.
So without further ado, here is my fan made information on Leon Scott Kennedy.

Leon Scott Kennedy

Leon’s weight, speed and power will be very similar to Snake’s, though Leon will be slightly lighter and weaker but faster. He is unique as a Smash Bros character as he utilizes a knife in combat, giving his attacks more reach while still having the speed of a fist fighter.

Attacks
Neutral Jab Combo: Leon takes his knife and slashes diagonally left than right in succession until he finishes with a straight stab.
Dash Attack: While running, Leon will perform a back kick (like how he does in Resident Evil 4)
Wake-up Attack: Leon gets up and slashes his knife in front of him and then behind him.
Ledge Attack: Leon gets back on the ledge with a horizontal knife slash aimed towards the ground.

Side Tilt: Leon takes his knife and performs a strong, horizontal slash. Is slower than his Neutral Jab but does more damage (resembles the knife slashing animation from Resident Evil 4).
Up Tilt: Leon takes his knife and swings it upward.
Down Tilt: While crouched, he performs a straight stab with his knife.

Neutral Air: Leon spins around with his knife drawn, slashing all around him
Forward Air: Leon takes his knife with both hands and stabs it downward. This will have a meteor effect.
Down Air: Leon kicks downward with one leg.
Backwards Air: Leon turns around and performs a reverse roundhouse kick
Up Air: Leon stabs upward with his knife.

Pummel: With while holding his opponent with one hand and his knife in the other, Leon stabs his opponent.
Up Throw: Leon puts one of his legs on his opponent for leverage and jumps, kicking his opponent in the chin and launching them upward (like how Leon escaped frontal grabs in Resident Evil 4).
Forward Throw: While gripping his knife in a reverse grip, Leon slashes his opponent horizontally.
Back Throw: Leon performs a suplex on his opponent (like what he does in Resident Evil 4).
Down Throw: Leon throws his opponent on the ground and stabs them with his knife.

Side Smash: Leon performs a powerful pivot kick (like the kick he does when he attacks an enemy struck in the head in Resident Evil 4).
Up Smash: Leon takes his knife and swings it above his head in an arch to the left and the right.
Down Smash: Leon readies two hand grenades and throws them down on either side of him, creating two explosions that hit at either side of him.

Standard Special: P.R.L 412 Laser: Leon readies his P.R.L 412 Laser and charges it up, eventually firing it in three different directions. The attack hits at three different angles and does good damage and knockback, but the weapon has to be charged completely before it is fired. If Leon is hit while it is charging, he will resume charging where he was before he was hit. This attack takes 4 seconds to charge.

Side Special: Knife Throw: Leon throws his knife at his opponent. It is not very powerful, but it is very fast and Leon can use it while running, making it good for harassment and disrupting.

Up Special: Grappling Hook: Leon throws a grappling hook and uses it to get back on a ledge. It can also be used to strike enemies and if they are in the air when grappled Leon will pull them to the ground, doing strong damage.

Down Special: Mine Thrower: Leon fires a mine dart from his mine thrower, sticking to not only opponents but to the stage and items as well. Leon can hold the button input and change the angle of trajectory with the control stick but doing so does not increase its damage or range.

Final Smash: Hasta Luego: Leon dives at the opponent and if it hits the screen will go white briefly before revealing that the character hit with the final smash has been teleported to the location of the final boss fight in Resident Evil 4. While there, the opponent will be grabbed by a mutated Osmond Saddler who will trash its neck around with them in his jaws, slamming them into the ground. Then Leon will appear perched on a higher platform with the Special Rocket Launcher from Resident Evil 4 and says “Hasta Luego” before firing it at Saddler and by extension the character in his grasp, causing a massive explosion that does massive damage.

Up Taunt: Leon takes out his knife, tosses it into the air and catches it, sighing nonchalantly while he does.
Side Taunt: Leon cups his mouth and shouts “Ashley!”
Down Taunt: Leon raises his head and puts his hand over his eyes and says “Oh no” grimly (the same thing he does when Ashley is killed).

Idle Pose #1: Leon stands there breathing slightly, occasionally taking time to look back and then forward again.
Idle Pose #2: Leon draws his knife, holds it up to inspect it, then puts it back in its sheath.

Victory Pose #1: Leon takes out his radio and speaks into it, saying “I’ve found Ashley, heading to the extraction point”.
Victory Pose #2: Leon slashes diagonally left with his knife, then proceeds to do a stab and then tosses his knife in the air, spins around and grabs it and performs a horizontal right slash (similar to what he does in his knife fight with Krauser).
Victory Pose #3: Leon looks at the camera, turns his head to the left, crosses his arms and says sarcastically “Huh, I guess you were small time”.

Symbol: Leon’s symbol is the Umbrella logo.

Design: Leon’s Design is based on his appearance in Resident Evil 4 and as such his main design is based on the main outfit he appears in throughout most of the game, with an additional red, green, blue and white colour swaps. Additionally, Leon can also appear in his jacket as he did in the first portion of the game in the village, with colour swaps of black, dark grey, light grey and dull blue. On top of that, Leon will have two alternate costumes, which would be his RPD uniform and his mafia uniform from Resident Evil 4.

Entrance: Leon gets out of the car that drove him to the village in Resident Evil 4 which will then proceed to drive away.

Stage: The Village
Leon’s stage will be the classic village from Resident Evil 4 as it is the most recognizable section of the game. The village will be very similar to the stage “Castle Siege” as it will feature transitions to different areas in the village, but aside from starting out in the same place the other areas will be chosen by random. The four different areas of the stage are;
  • The Town: This is the main part of the village and the first part of the stage where you start out. It is simple in layout; There is a main floor, a tall house on the left that can be climbed via a ladder and a shorter house on the right that can also be accessed via a ladder. Occasionally Ganado’s will appear on the stage and attack players, but they can also be defeated.
  • The Lake: This area is just a single-platform dock with a boat on the left side surrounded by water. Like the stage “Summit” a warning will be given as to which direction Del Lago will appear (as it did in Resident Evil 4) and swallow anyone in the water, knocking them out.
  • The Arena: This area of the stage will be a fenced off area that features two wooden shacks on either end and two wooden platforms floating in the air, the one on the left being lower than the one on the right. In this part of the stage El Gigante will come out and attack the players, but once he is defeated he will drop a Maxim Tomato.
  • The Church: This area has two floors, the main floor and a top floor that can be accessed via two ladders on either side of the main floor, as well as having a chandelier hanging from the top floor. Here Cultists will appear in the background and fire flaming crossbow bolts at players which they will have to avoid. The cultists cannot be defeated.

Assist Trophy: Ada Wong

Ada Wong will act as the Assist Trophy representative for the Resident Evil franchise. When summoned, she will run and jump around the stage firing explosive bolts from her Bowgun (a weapon exclusive to her in the “Separate Ways” side story in Resident Evil 4) and will also perform her Fan Kick attack in close quarters. She is also able to be knocked out like most assist trophies.

Trailer
The trailer starts out with Link running while holding Zelda by the hand through The Village. While they are running through the Village they encounter various Ganado’s, which are dispatched by Link until they are eventually cornered by a horde of them. Link readies his sword in defense, but you can see the concern on his face as the Ganado close in. However, as they are about to strike the sound of something charging up can be heard, a sound that causes the Ganado’s to turn around. There you can partially see the silhouette of Leon as he fires his P.R.L 412 laser, causing three laser beams to erupt from the gun at different angles horizontally, destroying the Ganado horde. As Link and Zelda look baffled, you can see a close up of Leon’s face as he smirks and says “I guess that’s the locals way of breaking the ice”. Then the camera zooms out, finally revealing Leon completely before they freeze the shot of his standing there with his P.R.L 412 out with a caption that reads “Leon blasts in!”

The trailer then cuts to Leon’s gameplay footage, starting out with him running towards Wario and disrupting his movement with a knife throw before Leon hits him with his dash attack and follows up with his neutral jab combo. He is then seen firing a mine dart into Chrom before performing his side smash on him, knocking him near Zero Suit Samus before the mine dart explodes, hitting them both. After that it cuts to Leon using his grappling hook to recover onto the stage, knocking Rosalina off the stage with his side tilt before meteor smashing her with his forward air before it shows him grabbing Captain Falcon, pummelling him a few times and then performing his backwards throw on him, knocking him up before hitting him with his up smash. After that it cuts to Lucario and King Dedede running towards him on opposite directions but Leon hits them both with his down smash, then it cuts to Leon on his stage The Village, showing off the various hazards before showing him on a platform charging up his P.R.L 412 laser and firing it, hitting Mario, Villager and Donkey Kong each with a different beam, causing them all to be knocked out. After all that Leon is shown to have his final smash ready and performs it on Snake before the logo for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

The trailer than cuts to a cinematic of Leon surveying the village before picking up his radio and contacts Hunnigan, saying “I’ve achieved the objective, where’s the extraction point?” but Hunnigan will reply saying “Hold on Leon, we’re picking up something huge on the radar, you better check it out before…” then the radio cuts out, causing Leon to respond with “Hunnigan? Come in, Hunnnigan?!” before the camera cuts to show Ganondorf in the village, pulsating with dark energy. The camera then cuts back to Leon, who puts his radio away and draws his knife, getting ready to fight before saying “Story of my life”. The trailer then cuts to a black screen that shows the date Smash Bros. Ultimate is coming out before the trailer ends completely.
The music that plays throughout the trailer will be a rock remix of the Resident Evil 4 save theme.

Snake Codec
Snake: Hey, Mei Ling, I’ve got a guy here who looks like a male model who’s… wait you’re not Mei Ling, who are you?!

Hunnigan: Easy Snake, my name is Ingrid Hunnigan. I’m the Field Operations Support agent for Leon Scott Kennedy. And I could ask YOU the same thing, considered you’ve jacked MY line and all.

Snake: Huh, we must be using the same frequency? Anyways, who’s this Leon character and why is he here in Smash?

Hunnigan: Leon is an agent for the U.S. government who specializes in dealing with bioterrorism threats. He’s dealt with Bio Organic Weapons that you couldn’t even fathom and managed to save the presidents daughter from an evil bioterrorist cult. With his achievements it was only a matter of time before he was invited to Smash.

Snake: You know, I’ve dealt with my fair share of giant monsters too. You ever hear of metal gears?

Hunnigan: Regardless, Leon is a master of combat and carries more than a few powerful weapons with him, including the P.R.L 412 laser and the mine thrower, but once you get past all that you still have to deal with him up close with his knife, which is where he’s the most dangerous.

Snake: Huh, dangerous from afar and close-up? I can respect a man like that. Maybe him and I can go grab a drink somewhere?

Hunnigan: He’s still on duty, Snake, and if you are also a soldier of the U.S. government, so are you. You both have jobs to do.

Snake: Story of my life.
End codec

Palutena’s Guidance
Pit: Lady Palutena, who’s this guy? He doesn’t look like much of a fighter to me?

Palutena: That’s Leon, Pit, from the Resident Evil game series. He’s a secret agent for the U.S. government who specializes in bioterrorism threats.

Pit: Bioterrorism? What’s that?

Palutena: Its when people use biological agents like viruses or parasites to hurt other people!

Pit: Oh, you mean like Viridi?

Viridi: What?! No way! My soldiers are composed of natural elements from the Earth! Bioterrorists use man-made agents to create horrific monstrosities!

Pit: Oh…. Sorry!! Heh-heh….

Palutena: Viridi’s right, Pit! Leon has faced some truly horrific Bio Organic Weapons, or B.O.W.’s for short, such as the El Gigante and Del Lago, and he defeated them all in his quest to save the President’s Daughter, which he managed to do despite the odds! Even to this day he remains one of the best bioterrorism defense agents on the planet!

Pit: Well, let’s not forget I have beaten the odds on several battles myself (*ahem Hades), and besides I have more than a few tricks up my sleeve to take him down!

Palutena: Careful Pit, Leon has a few surprises of his own! His P.R.L 412 laser can hit in three directions, his mine thrower can stick explosives to you and his grappling hook can drag you to the ground if you’re in the air! And even if you get past all that, Leon is a master of close-quarters combat where he uses his knife to deal some serious damage!

Pit: Oh geez! Well I have you by side, so there’s no way I’ll lose…. Right?

Palutena: Sure Pit, I have total faith in you… but if you lose, there’s no shame in it…

Pit: Ah thanks, Lady Palutena! (he says sarcastically).
End Guidance

That is my moveset and other important information that I think Leon should have if he joined Smash Ultimate! If you liked it let me know, as I plan to be doing more of these soon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This needs to be moved to newcomer speculation for smash ultimate

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
As you've posted on the current active thread, I have closed this. Thanks for bumping it too, as it wasn't already on the Newcomer Directory. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom