• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lengthy Practice Routine

CupNoodIes

Smash Cadet
You should practice for however long you need and shouldn't look at other people for how long YOU need to practice the game.

Last edited:

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is really detailed. However I really don't think people are going to take 3 and a half hours of uninterrupted time to practice at a time, personally I find I play poorly after several hours of play. Thanks for the guide though, it's good you put some basic stuff like stage movement and Phantasm canceling / shortening. Thanks!

CupNoodIes

Smash Cadet
Wow, this is really detailed. However I really don't think people are going to take 3 and a half hours of uninterrupted time to practice at a time, personally I find I play poorly after several hours of play. Thanks for the guide though, it's good you put some basic stuff like stage movement and Phantasm canceling / shortening. Thanks!
All I wanted was for someone somewhere to get SOMETHING out of this. If splitting this up into segments helps you, please by all means. If you have any questions, perhaps we can work them out together. I'm always trying to learn.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Yeah thanks! I have actually already implemented some of it into my practice routine, such as Stage Movement and stuff... And stretch, i like how you put that in cause i know a lot of good players who are going to ruin their hands because they never stretch... I have had hand pain in the past so i can personally vouch for this.
What is a cactuar dash?

CupNoodIes

Smash Cadet
Yeah thanks! I have actually already implemented some of it into my practice routine, such as Stage Movement and stuff... And stretch, i like how you put that in cause i know a lot of good players who are going to ruin their hands because they never stretch... I have had hand pain in the past so i can personally vouch for this.
What is a cactuar dash?
Sorry, I just saw this. Cactuar Dashing is basically a form of dash canceling where you crouch out of a run. If you crouch out of a run you can do actions faster. Marth players use it for running dtilt and dtilt canceling / poking. It's pretty nifty for all the characters if you get creative. PewPewU made a guide on CDashing that could probably explain it better than me, really. You can watch it here: https://youtu.be/6NraGXDMuVw

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Ok I knew about dash cancelling... its just with a different name. Thanks for the link tho, and I think it carries over to Falco pretty well (down-tilt).

Zen100

Smash Rookie
Yeah I'll try this, I personally like to plan on what i want to practice for each day out of the week like ledge options , different laser (low, high Lasers ect), then pillar combos. Then the next day I'll practice shield pressure and some different stuff depending on what I need to work on.

ike¥

Smash Cadet
You said it was gonna be long i didnt know it would be that long. But all jokes aside this is really detailed and useful i will probably use some of this for improving.

Tollison

Smash Rookie
uhhhhhhhh.........

Last edited:

GatGoat

Smash Cadet
holy **** i never thought of jump cancel shining out of dash, i assumed not being able to crouch out of dash was the end of that, i cant believe im still learning new things about this game after playing sooo long. thanks for this!

Illuminus

Smash Rookie
holy **** i never thought of jump cancel shining out of dash, i assumed not being able to crouch out of dash was the end of that, i cant believe im still learning new things about this game after playing sooo long. thanks for this!
Its really strong against shied campers, its decently fast at close range, leads to shinegrab, doubleshine, westballz shine, and really any pressure if you are good enough. Just imagine all the mix-ups you have when you SHFFL aerials, now double them cause you can start all of those just out dash.

Now imagine you were fox and could actually dash lol.

Top Bottom