Lengthy Practice Routine

CupNoodIes

Smash Cadet
NNID
CupNoodIes
Hey, fellas.

I made a killer Falco schedule that's helped me a little bit. I'd probably get more out of it if it weren't so long. If you're wanting to, you could do the whole thing for a bit and tell me what you think, but in my humble opinion it should be either shortened or split into multiple days. I purposely made it long because Cohenski and NIX (top players in my state) practiced for long hours to get to where they are.

here is the schedule:

3 Min 20XX Drill to get Started
SOLO techskill on Battlefield::
- SH Lasers
-SH FF Lasers
-SHFFLasers Mid
-SHFFLasers Low
-FH Triple Lasers
- SFFL-Cancel Aerials
- Waveshines
- Wavedashes
- Wavelands
- Shine Wavelands on platforms
- Ledge-dashes
- Ledge-stalls
*Get it all out of your system now.*

2 Minute Drills:
- Side B Shortening
- Invincible Ledge Dashing
- Shine OOS
- Shine Grab
-
- - Dash Dance w/ randomized distances
- Dash Dance Quickly

- Wavedash across FD with different distances and DD to Wavedash

- Top/Bottom Waveland + Action - all stages*

- Perfect Ledge-dash on both sides of the stage

- Perfect Wavedash back to ledge-grab

- Sheildrops
- Dash to SDrop

- SFFL Aerials on Invincible CPU
- Wavedash backwards out of Shine

- Running - Dair - Shine - Wavedash

- Jump-Cancel Shine out of Dash
- Jump-Cancel Shine Out-of-Shield
- Cactuar Dash

- SFFWL into Shine/U-tilt/Dash

- Ledge-stall on both sides of the stage

- Retreating SH Lasers High and Low

- Shine Grabs
- Reverse Shine Grabs
- Wavedash to Reverse Up-tilts
- Firebird Angles
- Side-B Sweetspots

- Wavedash Out-of-Shield into Dash/Grab/Downsmash/Shine/SHFFL Dair

Longer Exercises Using 20XX:

Power-shield Falco SH Lasers (Hard)

BREAK TIME!!
-Match-Up Research
-Video Analysis
-Melee Hell ****posting
-Water Break
-Stretch
-Breathe and Focus

5 Min Cooldown Drills:
Focusing on Fundamentals

1.) SOLO FD Wavedashes (Fast/Slow)
*Pay close attention to each WD*

2.) Perfect Waveshines on Lvl 1 Fox

3.) SH Lasers / Ledge-hop Double Lasers
-High/Mid/Low SHL's,
-SH Laser to Shine/WD

4.) SFFL'd Aerials on Invincible Fox and or Handicapped Bowser

5.) Stage Movement (All Stages)

6.) Target Test and or Motion Sensor Bomb Wall-teching

7.) 20% Freeze Fox Pillaring on FD

8.) Anything You Need to Work On!
such as:
- Match-Ups
-Consistency
-Timings
-Fundamentals
-Mentality

*Some other stuff you can practice is No Life Wavedash / Hax Dash / Shine to Aerials / Hax Dashing / Run off Ledge to Double Laser Back on *

This should take you anywhere from 3 to 4 hours.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Wow, this is really detailed. However I really don't think people are going to take 3 and a half hours of uninterrupted time to practice at a time, personally I find I play poorly after several hours of play. Thanks for the guide though, it's good you put some basic stuff like stage movement and Phantasm canceling / shortening. Thanks!

CupNoodIes

Smash Cadet
NNID
CupNoodIes
Wow, this is really detailed. However I really don't think people are going to take 3 and a half hours of uninterrupted time to practice at a time, personally I find I play poorly after several hours of play. Thanks for the guide though, it's good you put some basic stuff like stage movement and Phantasm canceling / shortening. Thanks!
All I wanted was for someone somewhere to get SOMETHING out of this. If splitting this up into segments helps you, please by all means. If you have any questions, perhaps we can work them out together. I'm always trying to learn.

bboss

Smash Journeyman
Yeah thanks! I have actually already implemented some of it into my practice routine, such as Stage Movement and stuff... And stretch, i like how you put that in cause i know a lot of good players who are going to ruin their hands because they never stretch... I have had hand pain in the past so i can personally vouch for this.
What is a cactuar dash?

CupNoodIes

Smash Cadet
NNID
CupNoodIes
Yeah thanks! I have actually already implemented some of it into my practice routine, such as Stage Movement and stuff... And stretch, i like how you put that in cause i know a lot of good players who are going to ruin their hands because they never stretch... I have had hand pain in the past so i can personally vouch for this.
What is a cactuar dash?
Sorry, I just saw this. Cactuar Dashing is basically a form of dash canceling where you crouch out of a run. If you crouch out of a run you can do actions faster. Marth players use it for running dtilt and dtilt canceling / poking. It's pretty nifty for all the characters if you get creative. PewPewU made a guide on CDashing that could probably explain it better than me, really. You can watch it here: https://youtu.be/6NraGXDMuVw

CupNoodIes

Smash Cadet
NNID
CupNoodIes
Ok I knew about dash cancelling... its just with a different name. Thanks for the link tho, and I think it carries over to Falco pretty well (down-tilt).
Yo, I actually made a better routine than this, I'm thinking. Needs testing, I'll type it up tonight

Zen100

Smash Rookie
Yeah I'll try this, I personally like to plan on what i want to practice for each day out of the week like ledge options , different laser (low, high Lasers ect), then pillar combos. Then the next day I'll practice shield pressure and some different stuff depending on what I need to work on.

ike¥

Smash Cadet
You said it was gonna be long i didnt know it would be that long. But all jokes aside this is really detailed and useful i will probably use some of this for improving.

Tollison

Smash Rookie

Hey, this is CupNoodles I just changed my gamertag to my last name!
I would not suggest following this routine strictly. It burned me out very quickly. After/when I find some success in Melee I will write about it and try to make a better guide!

Please note that most of these things still need to be practiced as a Falco player

I hope you're doing well!

bboss

Smash Journeyman
I would not suggest following this routine strictly. It burned me out very quickly. After/when I find some success in Melee I will write about it and try to make a better guide!
yeah tbh I have been using my own practice scheme lately and it's been working out fairly well.

I hope you're doing well!
I'm doing great!

GatGoat

Smash Cadet
holy **** i never thought of jump cancel shining out of dash, i assumed not being able to crouch out of dash was the end of that, i cant believe im still learning new things about this game after playing sooo long. thanks for this!

Illuminus

Smash Rookie
holy **** i never thought of jump cancel shining out of dash, i assumed not being able to crouch out of dash was the end of that, i cant believe im still learning new things about this game after playing sooo long. thanks for this!
Its really strong against shied campers, its decently fast at close range, leads to shinegrab, doubleshine, westballz shine, and really any pressure if you are good enough. Just imagine all the mix-ups you have when you SHFFL aerials, now double them cause you can start all of those just out dash.

Now imagine you were fox and could actually dash lol.