• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lego announces Super Mario 64 set

super_mario_64_lego.jpg

The newest Lego Super Mario Bros set got announced today. Lego has shown a trailer of the Super Mario 64 ? block, with iconic locations including Peach's Castle, Bob-Omb Battlefield, Cool Cool Mountain, and Lethal Lava Land.

This set does not have the same amount of detail as the previous Mario sets, but it does look pretty cool. While we do not know if more Super Mario 64 locations look, it does look cool.

The Super Mario 64 ? block will release on October 1st.

Author's Note: Okay, this does look pretty cool. And the amount of pieces look nice. Maybe I'll get this. How about you? Let us know in the comments.

Last edited:
Lucas "Thirdkoopa" Guimaraes

Comments

Horribly missed opportunity; the dioramas are simplistic to the point of being unrecognizable.

D
So much unnecessary space

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Dan
TBH I think instead of the ? block, it would have been better if they just got each of the world dioramas and made them connected somehow. It looks pretty cool though, tho.

also, obligatory is it gonna disappear on march 31st joke

everyone: Wants lego mario minifigs!
Lego: nope
everyone: Thanks i hate it

Some people think its nintendo... no it isnt doing stupid electronic gimmicks and expensive limited 18+ sets is what lego is nowadays!

There are no ? Blocks in Mario 64. this is driving me crazy looking at it. And it's obviously not like they didn't know that; this is a conscious decision to use that over a ! Box which the game does include.
It's just a dumb nitpick, I know but...weh!
I was going to say perhaps it's a Mario 64 DS block, but then again there are actually still no yellow ? blocks in that game either, only red ? blocks, so it's still inaccurate.

Some people think its nintendo... no it isnt doing stupid electronic gimmicks and expensive limited 18+ sets is what lego is nowadays!
Looney Tunes, Simpsons, SpongeBob, Sesame Street, Winnie the Pooh, Disney... these are just some of the brands off the top of my head to all get normal things, yet Nintendo mysteriously just gets sets that you need a microscope to see or they look like they're designed for babies.

I don't know who's doing what, but there's been instances before where Jakks Pacific wanted to make a navy blue-bibbed Bowser Jr. (Sunshine) figure but Nintendo wouldn't let them.

Last edited:
Looney Tunes, Simpsons, SpongeBob, Sesame Street, Winnie the Pooh, Disney... these are just some of the brands off the top of my head to all get normal things, yet Nintendo mysteriously just gets sets that you need a microscope to see or they look like they're designed for babies.

I don't know who's doing what, but there's been instances before where Jakks Pacific wanted to make a navy blue-bibbed Bowser Jr. (Sunshine) figure but Nintendo wouldn't let them.
To be fair the second example holds true for most Figures!
I mean lets look at modern sonic figs its Sonic, tails, knuckles ,shadow, metal and eggman
i assume the reason why it wasnt done is cus spoilers!

View attachment 329850
The newest Lego Super Mario Bros set got announced today. Lego has shown a trailer of the Super Mario 64 ? block, with iconic locations including Peach's Castle, Bob-Omb Battlefield, Cool Cool Mountain, and Lethal Lava Land.

This set does not have the same amount of detail as the previous Mario sets, but it does look pretty cool. While we do not know if more Super Mario 64 locations look, it does look cool.

The Super Mario 64 ? block will release on October 1st.

Author's Note: Okay, this does look pretty cool. And the amount of pieces look nice. Maybe I'll get this. How about you? Let us know in the comments.
You tend to echo words. "Does look pretty cool" is written three times in quick succession. Watch out for that.

Top Bottom