• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Legend of Zelda RTS?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
After playing through Hyrule Warriors, I really got interested in the idea of a Legend of Zelda real-time strategy gane such as Command and Conquer or Age of Empires. The RTS war games are somewhat of a dying breed but it would be really fun to see Legend of Zelda version of one.

For example, there would be various forces such as:

Hyrulian: balanced and average. Strong Knights and mounted Calvary.)
Goron (Strong, powerful fighters with fire abilities)
Zora (quick and agile fighters with water abilities)
Kokiri (hit and run surprise fighters with earth abilities)
Gerudo (strong against Calvary. Trained fighters.)
Twilit (fighters that cause area effect/damage.)
Darkness (a mixed bag of sorts that consists of common enemies)

In addition, there would be Hero units such as Link and Zelda for Hyrule, Darunia and Darbius for Gorons, Ruto for Zoras, Saria for Kokiri. Etc.

Would fans like this? Would it be a good idea?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Loved Age of Empires II back in the day...

Having a Zelda themed game like this would be pretty cool...'Age of Hyrule' I guess they could call it...

I think the Zelda series could use more spin-offs in this regard. It would be a great way to look at Hyrule in a new light without changing the main series from its current formula...

Jazzhand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jazzhand
3DS FC
2767-1532-6118
I thought about it.

And I conclude that nothing in nintendo has a comprehensive enough military to get an RTS. Barring of course Bowser's faction.

Thinking about zelda? Many of Link's enemies are wild beasts. Only a fraction of what Link faces are direct minions of ganon.
Same issue with mother.

Top Bottom