• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legacy TE 2.0 with Smash n Splash updates. Normalized reskins as well! [corrected]

fsck!

Smash Cadet
omg I'm so sorry I just now realized several days later I had the wrong Metal Caverns in the build ;~;

fsck here! I have taken to the task of applying all of the Smash n Splash updates to all of the reskins offered within LTE 2.0. I really wanted all of the LTE features and things, but was kinda bummed to see that only the stock skins were updated when copying over the stages from the SnS build. There are three specific stages that did not want to play nice, and I have commented on them in the zip file. I repackaged the whole build because I don't know what I'm doing. To the best of my ability, all of the original documentation and included goodies are with this zip file, aside from the changes I made. All credit goes to the Legacy team and their named thank yous in the credits.txt.

Cliffnotes of the build/edit:
  • All stages (including reskins, with some exceptions) that were updated for SnS have been updated in this build.
  • Updated stage select screen for the generally accepted legal stages.
  • Removed the stage info panels as they are no longer accurate for some of the stages, so all have been removed for consistency.
  • Delfino's Secret start alt, and Hyrule Castle's Z alt had a strange bug where updating the blast zones would drop the stage texture dramatically, making the players play on an invisible stage, and thus have been left vanilla Delfino's behavior. There's nothing wrong with added variety, right?
  • Metal Caverns has an updated preview icon
  • Metal Caverns L and Z alternatives are the vanilla stage. I had no real intention going into the build to re-texture stages, just fix blast zones and platform movement. They have been left vanilla.
If you want to save your replays, back up /LegacyTE/rp.

Download the corected build with correct metal caverns and updated icon:https://www.mediafire.com/file/00cikst46e7xvec/Unofficial_Legacy_TE_2_with_Smash_n_Splash_stages_%28FIXED%29.zip/file

Download wrong versoin: http://www.mediafire.com/file/3w3q3...gacy_TE_2_with_Smash_n_Splash_stages.zip/file
Thank you for all of your hard work for giving us the Legacy build

http://www.smashbroslegacy.com

Man, I hope I didn't miss anything. lol.

Last edited:

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman
I'd suggest replacing the troublesome stages with noncompetitive alternatives. It's too confusing in a tournament setting if nobody knows what reskins are legal.

What specific files correspond to the Stage Select Screen images? I'd like to add this to the netplay build.

fsck!

Smash Cadet
I'd suggest replacing the troublesome stages with noncompetitive alternatives. It's too confusing in a tournament setting if nobody knows what reskins are legal.

What specific files correspond to the Stage Select Screen images? I'd like to add this to the netplay build.
They're non-tournament legal alternatives. The only time you have to worry about it is if you random and it picks Delfino's start alt. Everything else is covered in the text file I included. It's basically just one of the Legend of Zelda remakes for delfinos and the start alt for actual Delfinos, The normal stage reskins still exist but won't be hit by the random, only the delfinos alt.

Thinking back on it I should have just swapped out one of the working stages with that. However, all of the reskins are clearly illegal when they are. It's just two Delfinos maps where the platforms kept their original movement. They also have original blast zones and camera. At first when creating the edits I figured the Cavern's base stage reskins would be an issue bit since Dreamland is on start it's not.

-[edit]-

Sorry forgot to answer about the stages. It's just like normal with /LegacyTE/pf/stage/melee and it's

.pac for normal selection
_X.pac for start mod
_Y.pac for Z mod
_Z.pac for L mod

Unless I'm mistaken I'm going by memory on that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom