• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Left/Right USmash input?

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
How exactly do you alter the path of Snake's USmash? I've done it on purpose a couple times, a couple different ways, but I can never do it consistently, for I don't know the precise inputs. I've tried using the C-Stick for the USmash input, and the control stick left/right to switch the direction, and that worked, but not always. I've also done the USmash with the control stick+A, then rotated the stick left/right to switch directions, but that also doesn't work consistently. Could someone give me some insight on the exact inputs to do this? Out of all the Snake tech, this seems to irritate me the most, hahah.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
It's actually an analog input: the amount you hold left/right influences how far left/right the mortar goes. Pay closer attention to where the mortars are relative to your body. Take it into debug mode as well and look at a tilt vs. smash input. There's a difference there.

Last edited:

Jacuzzi

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jaccuzi
3DS FC
0748-3832-8660
It's actually an analog input: the amount you hold left/right influences how far left/right the mortar goes. Pay closer attention to where the mortars are relative to your body. Take it into debug mode as well and look at a tilt vs. smash input. There's a difference there.
I can't go into debug mode, because I use a Fight Pad (plugs into the Wii remote, I personally prefer it more than a GC Controller. Also, on a Wii U), so I can't enter debug mode, sadly haha. What exactly are the inputs you're talking about? Is it a smash input after the USmash? Or a tilt input? Also, is it a quick, frame-dependent motion, or do I rotate the stick as the USmash comes out?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it out. I used to know this, but I forgot: you have to hold the direction as the USmash comes out. I was letting go, thinking it would keep the input registered, haha. Thank you, though!

Last edited:
Top Bottom