• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leffen's Visa Has Been Approved; Can Attened Future US Events

Credit to Redbull and associated photographers for image
In breaking news, an update on the situation pertaining to Super Smash Bros. Melee player William "Leffen" Hjelte and his permission to enter the United States on a work visa for Team SoloMid has been announced by team founder Andrew "Reginald" Dinh.

Recently Leffen had been tweeting enigmatically referring to his year long withdrawl from performing on American soil and specifically mentioning his potential attendance at The Big House 6.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

While it remains to be seen if one of Europe's finest Smash players will be participating in the prestigious US major, the possibility is there for him to attend. With Leffen having his travel troubles solved, it's only a matter of time until we can hear from the Godslayer himself on his situation and his future attendance to Melee tournaments in the United States. The discourse taken between TSM and its members will hopefully set a precedent for how other competitive gaming teams can help players from outside of the United States in performing within the US as the future of competitive gaming develops. You can directly follow Leffen on his twitter @TSM_Leffen and you can catch up on the story here and here.​

Last edited:
Frank "Hangman" DeJohn

Comments

It seems the petition worked. It is truly fortunate that it did. Can't wait to see the Godslayer partake in tournaments in the U.S.

It seems the petition worked. It is truly fortunate that it did. Can't wait to see the Godslayer partake in tournaments in the U.S.
Hahahaha do you actually think anybody in US customs has based a decision on an internet petition? "As a government professional, I need all my facts straight. Better consult a fandom."

Hahahaha do you actually think anybody in US customs has based a decision on an internet petition? "As a government professional, I need all my facts straight. Better consult a fandom."
This seemed like a troll comment at first but thinking about it for a second you're absolutely right...

The petition was made on the White House website and actually got a response from the U.S. government, so it actually did bring attention to the matter, even if it didn't affect the final decision.

Leffen is back! Just waiting for this Cinderella story. But for the future, can someone living in the US do leffen a solid and marry him so he can get citizenship??:)

Hillary had the State Department approve the visa to get the Smash vote and I still wouldn't vote for her. That says something.

Players specially Asian as having this some Visa issue. Hope he would get his Visa approve soon cause having him in the tournament is really great on the competition.

Top Bottom