• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leffen Becomes a Red Bull Athlete

William "Leffen" Hjelte is one of this generation's most famous Melee players, and for good reason. Aside from being a frequent source of drama, Leffen is ranked #3 on the MIOM 2015 SSBMRank, with very solid records over the rest of the competition. Last year, Leffen made a big step in his career by joining Team SoloMid. Today, he becomes a Red Bull Athlete.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

In Leffen's announcement interview with Red Bull, he explained the benefits this new sponsorship will have. “Being a Red Bull athlete means a lot to me. It’s a form of individual support. It means that I will still be playing under Team SoloMid but I also receive increased financial and practical support. The main difference is in the execution of it. Red Bull has been very open to any suggestions I have, and they really focus on making sure that we can work together in the way that I'd like. 2016 is going to be full of great content and better play from me.” Additionally, Leffen will be changing up the way he approaches practicing, namely, having a consistent schedule and staying healthier by swimming and eating well.

Lastly, Leffen had a message for his fans. "I really appreciate all the fans that have stuck through the recent rough couple months. I don't say it often enough, but it's really thanks to all you guys that I've managed to make it this far. I'll make sure to properly thank you all by showing you all some incredible Melee throughout 2016 and beyond!"

Be sure to follow Leffen on Twitter @TSM_Leffen.

Last edited:

Comments

We are growing. Soon, one day Esports will be respected as much as any other "sport" in the world.
Sports = physical competition
Esports = mental competition
Objectively seen intelligence is way more important and is probably the second meaning of life besides survival. But since evolution made us intelligent in order to survive the meaning of life changes for us : intelligence is the most important aspect of our live. So why would we want to waste our time in competing in something we wasn't made for , why should we play a ballgame if an competitive game like smash is challenging our brain , our most important tool.
What I wanted to say with that is that Esports is superior to regular sports , not just in my opinion , but in the opinion of smart people. Sports should have been a thing for the past by now , Esports is the future .

PS. I'm not criticizing sports , but competition in sports

Sports = physical competition
Esports = mental competition
Objectively seen intelligence is way more important and is probably the second meaning of life besides survival. But since evolution made us intelligent in order to survive the meaning of life changes for us : intelligence is the most important aspect of our live. So why would we want to waste our time in competing in something we wasn't made for , why should we play a ballgame if an competitive game like smash is challenging our brain , our most important tool.
What I wanted to say with that is that Esports is superior to regular sports , not just in my opinion , but in the opinion of smart people. Sports should have been a thing for the past by now , Esports is the future .

PS. I'm not criticizing sports , but competition in sports
I think competition in general is necessary for the evolution and advancement of the human race. I like both esports and traditional sports. The body and mind are both equally important as one cannot peak without the other. Both are necessary in both styles of competition. At least that's how I see it

I think competition in general is necessary for the evolution and advancement of the human race. I like both esports and traditional sports. The body and mind are both equally important as one cannot peak without the other. Both are necessary in both styles of competition. At least that's how I see it
The robotic/bionic works on sepperating the brain from the body and fuse it with an robotic body , so in that aspect the mind is more important since the brain / your consciousness can go on without an traditional body , but not the other way around : a body without an brain is a lifeless corpse

RedBull- An over marketed drink that is extremely bad for your health being thrown at audiences under the guise of "better energy and performance" They care about the money and they don't care about your health. While this drink is wasting away your insides they're laughing their way to the bank and howling with laughter over how gullible they THINK people are.

These guys should not only not be sponsoring players. They should be put out of business. The health of a person is sacred and should not be tampered with by products like these. Shame to red bull and their greed and shame that we need sponserships like these to make any decent money playing a game as good and deserving of good pay as melee. How about for once people get the money they deserve for playing this game?

Last edited:
RedBull- An over marketed drink that is extremely bad for your health being thrown at audiences under the guise of "better energy and performance" They care about the money and they don't care about your health. While this drink is wasting away your insides they're laughing their way to the bank and howling with laughter over how gullible they THINK people are.

These guys should not only not be sponsoring players. They should be put out of business. The health of a person is sacred and should not be tampered with by products like these. Shame to red bull and their greed and shame that we need sponserships like these to make any decent money playing a game as good and deserving of good pay as melee. How about for once people get the money they deserve for playing this game?
Oh, you're a troll. Got it.

Glad to see a big eSport name like Red Bull getting involved with specific players.

Let's go: Monster| Lucky

The robotic/bionic works on sepperating the brain from the body and fuse it with an robotic body , so in that aspect the mind is more important since the brain / your consciousness can go on without an traditional body , but not the other way around : a body without an brain is a lifeless corpse
But you really just spoke on putting a brain in a different body. A brain without a body whether flesh or robotic is just another heap of flesh. Both body and mind are pivotal

But you really just spoke on putting a brain in a different body. A brain without a body whether flesh or robotic is just another heap of flesh. Both body and mind are pivotal
I wouldn't say the robotic body is really a "body" especially not a body to compete with .

William "Leffen" Hjelte is one of this generation's most famous Melee players, and for good reason. Aside from being a frequent source of drama, Leffen is ranked #3 on the MIOM 2015 SSBMRank, with very solid records over the rest of the competition. Last year, Leffen made a big step in his career by joining Team SoloMid. Today, he becomes a Red Bull Athlete.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

In Leffen's announcement interview with Red Bull, he explained the benefits this new sponsorship will have. “Being a Red Bull athlete means a lot to me. It’s a form of individual support. It means that I will still be playing under Team SoloMid but I also receive increased financial and practical support. The main difference is in the execution of it. Red Bull has been very open to any suggestions I have, and they really focus on making sure that we can work together in the way that I'd like. 2016 is going to be full of great content and better play from me.” Additionally, Leffen will be changing up the way he approaches practicing, namely, having a consistent schedule and staying healthier by swimming and eating well.

Lastly, Leffen had a message for his fans. "I really appreciate all the fans that have stuck through the recent rough couple months. I don't say it often enough, but it's really thanks to all you guys that I've managed to make it this far. I'll make sure to properly thank you all by showing you all some incredible Melee throughout 2016 and beyond!"

Be sure to follow Leffen on Twitter @TSM_Leffen.
why isn't Armada, M2K, Hbox, PPMD and Mango not an red bull athlete

Top Bottom