• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledgehop Nair AI

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Found a pretty darn good Aerial Interrupt for Diddy.

http://gfycat.com/SoreCalmAfricanjacana

0 - CliffWait 0
1 - Drop
2 - DoubleJumps towards stage
11 - Nair
12 - Land (autocancel)
16 - Can now move/attack
30 - Tangible

Maximum 14 intangible actionable frames

In comparison a perfect ledgedash grants 8 intangible actionable frames

There are many setups that work, here are the useful ones

DoubleJump on Frame # | Nair on Frame # | Act on Frame # | Maximum Intangible Actionable Frames

2 | 11 | 16 | 14 (gif)

FastFall
3 | 14 | 19 | 11
4 | 19 | 24 | 6

No FastFall
3 | 12 | 17 | 13
4 | 13 | 18 | 12
4 | 14 | 19 | 11
5 | 14 | 19 | 11
5 | 15 | 20 | 10
6 | 16 | 21 | 9
6 | 17 | 22 | 8
7 | 17 | 22 | 8
7 | 18 | 23 | 7
8 | 19 | 24 | 6
8 | 20 | 25 | 5

You can also use this tech to get onto platforms.
Smashville platform
1 - Jump
hold
5 - Jump (fullhop)
16 - Nair
17 - Land (autocancel)
21 - Can now move/attack
27 - (Waveland - Can now move/attack)

Timings vary on different platform heights, and some must use a DoubleJump (like battlefield) due to a Fullhop's vertical speed.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I was hoping people would be doing stuff similar to this when Debug Mode was released. Nice lab work!

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Damn good find.

I was working on this with the smashvile platform for a while, was having trouble getting consistent results.
this is very similar to a melee sheik tech being recently explored, manipulating landing detection to land during AC frames on the way up from the ledge.

Going to have to work on this a lot.

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Damn good find.

I was working on this with the smashvile platform for a while, was having trouble getting consistent results.
this is very similar to a melee sheik tech being recently explored, manipulating landing detection to land during AC frames on the way up from the ledge.

Going to have to work on this a lot.
Sheik's AI is pretty ancient. Hers and Samus' are pretty common knowledge. I have been finding other AIs for the past few months in melee, see here. I decided to look for some AIs or other ECB tech in PM last night. Holy moly there are sooo many, and no-one has mentioned them at all (except samus' for obv reasons). I've only tested the top line of the char select, and not even that in depth, and have found loads, 3 of them game changing, Diddy, Yoshi and Falcon (gunna make threads bout the last 2 soon).

The timing for the platform version is frame perfect so it'll take a while to get it consistent, but so are many techs in these games.

Top Bottom