• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Trapping

AndrewtheAmericanDude

Smash Cadet
Hello what's everyone's strategy for maximizing ledge pressure? So far I've primarily been holding shield and then nairing if they neutral getup/jump/attack like I saw in a December ZeRo vid, but the flaw is that i lose out to rolls. And bairing them on reaction doesn't seem to work. I can occasionally hit a roll in with a charge smash but it's not a part of the same setup. Is there any methods I can be more dynamic, up my ledge game, and have good option coverage for rolls as well?

Itd probably be good for me to learn more than one option coverage setup but I dont know too many.

Phyras

Smash Rookie
I'm more trying to read the option than punish it with pure reflex, but if you can react quickly I think you can punish everything depending of your spacing.
Staying at roll distance so I can punish :
- roll with nair to grind percent or dair as kill confirm.
- getup with fair, side smash can catch a spotdodge and kill .
- attack with fair or side smash depending on opponent character active hitbox.
- jump + attack with full hop fair or short hope Upair depending of opponent character jump and aerial options.
- jump + air dodge, if I can read it, I can nair it.
- drop ledge + jump + fair/up b/side b, with that spacing pretty clear of those, able to react and punish.

That's what I'm trying to do, it may have some flaws but i'm not consistent enough by myself to see those.
It depends a lot of the matchup : Samus for instance with a long roll is still pretty safe. Small characters are hard to fair while big ones are easy preys.

AndrewtheAmericanDude

Smash Cadet
I'm more trying to read the option than punish it with pure reflex, but if you can react quickly I think you can punish everything depending of your spacing.
Staying at roll distance so I can punish :
- roll with nair to grind percent or dair as kill confirm.
- getup with fair, side smash can catch a spotdodge and kill .
- attack with fair or side smash depending on opponent character active hitbox.
- jump + attack with full hop fair or short hope Upair depending of opponent character jump and aerial options.
- jump + air dodge, if I can read it, I can nair it.
- drop ledge + jump + fair/up b/side b, with that spacing pretty clear of those, able to react and punish.

That's what I'm trying to do, it may have some flaws but i'm not consistent enough by myself to see those.
It depends a lot of the matchup : Samus for instance with a long roll is still pretty safe. Small characters are hard to fair while big ones are easy preys.
Ah thank u that seems like smart coverage, able to nair the roll and utilize fair for further coverage, I'll practice that.

Top Bottom