• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Stalling?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
So I know that as M2, you can ledge drop>DJ>Teleport to ledge to instantly re-grab it for one the best ledgestalls available. My problem is, I seem to always either just Confusion, or if I do teleport, then he either lands back on stage, or goes below the ledge and falls to his death. Are there any tips you can give me on exactly when & where each input goes? Would it help if I turn tap jump on?

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
I've heard this is currently bugged and can cause you to glitch through the stage and land on it instead of grabbing the edge.

But I'm far from knowledgeable, someone confirm?

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, it's bugged to the point that it is less functional than it was in Melee. It's one of the things noted in my thread in this board (the AZ thing). You can still do it, you just have to teleport really closed to the ledge if you're doing it diagonally. If you can't get the angle down without teleporting onto the stage, then dj'ing straight up and teleporting straight down.

The trick is to let go of the stick after you input the teleport direction, but before you reach the ledge. Otherwise, holding down will just make you not automatically sweetspot the ledge, and you will have killed yourself.

Try practicing Mewtwo in Melee. :>

MetaKnight0

Smash Lord
you're just doing it too slow with your control stick and flubbing the direction

it's actually so hilariously easy in P:M now they laxed a lot of inputs and requirements regarding it

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
Really? I've never noticed any bugs and can do it nonstop or until my hands get tired. But the thing is that you're not supposed to teleport to the ledge but teleport strait down but let go and let the stick return to neutral as soon as you vanish. It is very similar to sheiks shino stall. You can do a similar technique (and I think there may be a thread for this already) by teleporting towards the ledge (diagonally-downwards) while near the ledge and being on the stage for immediate ledgegrabs/ledgehogs. (You may have to short hop I can't remember, or short hopping may just increase the angle so you can do it from farther away)

Based Gob

Smash Rookie
The easiest way to do it for me is to tap up to jump up from the edge and then immediately teleporting straight down or possibly down and slightly back since the ledge jump brings you forward past the edge a little bit.

CeLL

Smash Lord
There is a glitch that you can do where you teleport to the ledge but don't grab it. In this case your teleport is refreshed and can be used again, so just DJ and teleport just like normal.

You can do a similar technique (and I think there may be a thread for this already) by teleporting towards the ledge (diagonally-downwards) while near the ledge and being on the stage for immediate ledgegrabs/ledgehogs. (You may have to short hop I can't remember, or short hopping may just increase the angle so you can do it from farther away)
Are you talking about ledgehogging with a teleport from onstage? For that you have to be in the air.

Last edited:

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
Are you talking about ledgehogging with a teleport from onstage? For that you have to be in the air.
Oh ok ya I wasn't sure because at the time I wasn't able to yet it out before posting and just sort of forgot haha but thanks for clarifying.

Smo

Smash Journeyman
Really? I've never noticed any bugs and can do it nonstop or until my hands get tired. But the thing is that you're not supposed to teleport to the ledge but teleport strait down but let go and let the stick return to neutral as soon as you vanish. It is very similar to sheiks shino stall. You can do a similar technique (and I think there may be a thread for this already) by teleporting towards the ledge (diagonally-downwards) while near the ledge and being on the stage for immediate ledgegrabs/ledgehogs. (You may have to short hop I can't remember, or short hopping may just increase the angle so you can do it from farther away)
Dude, thank you so much! This method works every time. I've gone from failing every time to it being trivially easy! Thanks

Zimflare

Smash Apprentice
Dude, thank you so much! This method works every time. I've gone from failing every time to it being trivially easy! Thanks
You're welcome! I'm glad my comment was actually useful haha but teleporting TO the ledge is a problem I see a lot of people do. It works the same with with all characters that have directional recoveries such at fox and how he can Firefox towards the ledge and as long as it is a downwards angle and you aren't holding down when you reach the ledge it will cancel and fox instantly grab the ledge kind like how ALL recoveries did in brawl from all directions haha Zelda has the coolest uses of this IMO because you can grab the ledge from like the center of the stage.

Last edited:

CeLL

Smash Lord
Since I'm too lazy to figure it out, how do you do the ledge stall that EmuKiller was doing?

Citricide

JuneauSmashBros Tournament Organizer
Easymode Way
Press Down on C Stick, Then UP B, then aim down again. (after the up b immediately start pointing down)

Emukiller Way
Do a 270 degree motion from "away", to up, to down forward. After up-B you can be holding anywhere between slightly below horizontal to straight down and you'll grab the ledge, so spin the stick while pressing the B button at 12 o'clock.

Last edited:
Top Bottom