• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least favorite stage in Brawl?

HeavySmashGuy

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavyBrawlsGuy
3DS FC
1977-1276-9162
Personally, I never liked Hanenbow. It just looked and sounded, well... boring. If I ever start hacking Brawl, I'm replacing Hanenbow and Smashville with overall more exciting themes. Then I can have Mafio Mario vs Cloud Strife on the top of an airplane or something along those lines. And just like Super Metroid, Norfair is UNFAIR.

TigerBizNiz

Smash Apprentice
Other than Hanenbow (which is unbearable to play on in every way!), I'd go with the Mario Bros. stage. Everybody always goes after those little critters for cheap wins. It's annoying especially when they play as Wolf and spam his reflector. Both stages need to get out! :facepalm:

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
Hanenbow is painful to play on. The worst to me is 75m. Way too many hazards and almost all of the platforms are too small for more than 2 people. Rumble Falls is a close second worst.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Honestly, Rumble Falls. ...Stupid Stage... Just let me fight in peace!

Amical

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Amical
3DS FC
1306-6214-4139
I've always despised Flat Zone. Too small, so many hazards, changes so much... xP It's real mayhem to play on.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Mario Bros.

I hated the stage when it was leaked, I hated it when the game came out, I've hated when I had/have to play on it, and unless SSB4 has a worse stage, I'll continue to hate it. It turns matches into an (no offense to anyone) itemwhoring scrubfest centralized around turtles and crabs with ******** knockback. Oh, and the fact it's also another "retro" stage like 75m proves it was a lazy addition overall.

TL,DR: Mario Bros. is the worst stage in the history of Smash.

D

Deleted member

It's a tie between these two awful stages:

I never have fun here. I can with the Temple at times, but I feel as though New Pork City is too big and too spacious.

I hate this stage with a passion. The layout for 75m was never meant to be in a game like this and that's what makes it unenjoyable.

Mario Bros. can be fun if you are just playing for fun with your friends.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
It's obv that Final Destination and Smashville are the worst

The best stages are Rumble Falls and Big Blue.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Hadenbow. It just... Doesn't feel like Smash Bros. The stage looks bland (Flat Zone is a shoutout to Game and Watch, so no argument here), the "water" is nonexistent, and the music isn't very exciting. You may have an okay time with air characters like Meta Knight, but it's boring for anyone else.

SciCore

Filthy Casual
Flat zone is to small, makes metal/giant game and watch really annoying on classic mode.

Thor

Smash Champion
Mario Bros is great for practicing catching stuff. New Pork would be ******* fantastic to watch M2K in a 99 minute 3-stock crew battle to see if he's g** enough to try for the timeout. It's actually not that bad a stage given the relative lack of hazards. Mario Bros is great to wreck n00bs, and I think it's a great way to practice catching stuff - also probably makes Fox and Wolf really good. But 75 M is a piece of **** - there's nowhere that's actually very good to fight (those as Pikachu, I love b-throw to death on the right part of the stage). Hanenbow is annoying because the layout allows camping, but it's interesting to play on if someone doesn't just look to outcamp you, and there are enough places to go where camping isn't necessarily the world's biggest issue. Flatzone is small which is why I enjoy upping the stock count way up to watch matches swing in silly fashions.

Long story short: all of them (in my opinion) have at least some utility, except 75 M, although I assume Jigglypuff must love that stage to death.

And Smashville is a great stage. It's not terribly abusable and the platform allows combos without always centering around it (unless you face ICs). Although I'll admit it's not as interesting to play on in free for alls as Big Blue, not even close.

Smash Arena

Smash Cadet
NNID
THEGREATSTALIN
I don't enjoy Flat Zone 2 and Hadenbow. As for Flat Zone 2, there's too many overpowered stage hazards. Hadenbow is just weird and confusing, probably my least favorite of the two.

pershona

Smash Journeyman
Hanenbow is just for me.
New Pork City is too big to be playable.
Distant Planet is just dull for me.
And Spear Pillar because i hate the gimmick.

Rugal Cuttah

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2079-8390-5278
Personally, I never liked Hanenbow. It just looked and sounded, well... boring. If I ever start hacking Brawl, I'm replacing Hanenbow and Smashville with overall more exciting themes. Then I can have Mafio Mario vs Cloud Strife on the top of an airplane or something along those lines. And just like Super Metroid, Norfair is UNFAIR.
I dont like gerudo valley, very plain in no hazard settings. No hard feelings, Gannondorf. Even though you may warlock punch me for saying so.

Smash Arena

Smash Cadet
NNID
THEGREATSTALIN
I also am not fond of 75mm. It's too hard to fight with the lack of sizable platforms, and there's too many random hazards.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hanenbow is so boring and New Pork City is the worst. I like the rest of the other stages, mostly the stage hazard ones.

Top Bottom