• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Learn Audible Tech Chasing with GimR's Latest Video

Do you think this tech is useful?

• Yes!

Votes: 25 83.3%
  • No.

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

Putting your opponent on a tech situation may be one of the most advantageous points in a match for delivering optimal punishes in Smash Wii U, but normal human visual reaction time usually isn't enough to react to a get up option. This is where Calvin "GimR" Lofton, head of popular streaming studio VGBootCamp, has you covered.

The MD/VA-based content creator recently released a video through his YouTube channel describing a new tech chasing option: Audible tech chase queues. Considering audible reaction time is 33% faster than visual reaction time, this is a marginally more viable option. Throughout the video, he also proves his hypothesis with a couple of experiments.

But, let's leave the full explanation to GimR:

So what do you think? Do you think this tech will be useful? Let us know in the poll bellow!

For more content like the one featured above, one can subscribe to GimR's YouTube channel and follow him on Twitter @VGBC_GimR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario "Diosdi" Osuna

Comments

While this is definitely useful knowledge to have, there are a couple problems with the scientific process. If a few more people run a similar experiment - preferably other high level players - that might help get rid of the confirmation bias and help prove the theory.

While this is definitely useful knowledge to have, there are a couple problems with the scientific process. If a few more people run a similar experiment - preferably other high level players - that might help get rid of the confirmation bias and help prove the theory.
Yeah it could have been a little better. Hard to do legit scientific experiments with multiple people though.

Yeah it could have been a little better. Hard to do legit scientific experiments with multiple people though.
For sure. I don't doubt that this is real, it's just nice to keep any experiment as valid as possible. It's also likely that I've taken one too many philosophy of science courses this semester and I'm unconsciously analysing every little methodological detail.

I'm not sure to be honest. I think this could be huge, but I think the sound of the normal music could drown out the sound. Like he said in the video, are tournament runners supposed to hand out a million pairs of headphone so that they could hear that? Idk. Love to see how far this goes.

This is how I tech chase with Roy. I'm a musician, and I rely heavily on audio cues. I just didn't realize what I was looking for.

Thanks GimR!!! This was awesome.

Top Bottom