• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
i have jarvan but i like shaco alot better

prob maining shaco now
Shaco is pretty darn good, jarvan is trash.

If anybody catches me online (Coolius) just hit me up and we'll have a grand ole time

I can also give advice and what not as to builds/matchups/etc.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
Shaco is pretty darn good, jarvan is trash.

If anybody catches me online (Coolius) just hit me up and we'll have a grand ole time

I can also give advice and what not as to builds/matchups/etc.

Jarvan is the new galio, and a solid jungle. I'd take a competent jarvan on my team over a shaco any day of the week.

Tag is "Rilke" if anyone wants to hit me up

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Jarvan is the new galio, and a solid jungle. I'd take a competent jarvan on my team over a shaco any day of the week.

Tag is "Rilke" if anyone wants to hit me up
The two play totally different roles. Shaco is an excellent harasser, but jarvan is just... anything he can do there's someone else that can do it better. Ranged cc? Shen has that in the bag. AOE cc? Amumu is king. He's not a viable tank considering how relatively squishy he is to the other tanks, his damage is pitiful, and his ult is just pathetic and usually screws over the melee people on your own team.

Maybe it's because I play karma (where i can escape his ult with flash and simply outrange him) and morde (where I can just kill him no matter what he does), but I've never really had any troubles with jarvan.

Now shaco... ever run into a bush with 2 fear puppets? It's not fun.

Aglow

Smash Journeyman
The two play totally different roles. Shaco is an excellent harasser, but jarvan is just... anything he can do there's someone else that can do it better. Ranged cc? Shen has that in the bag. AOE cc? Amumu is king. He's not a viable tank considering how relatively squishy he is to the other tanks, his damage is pitiful, and his ult is just pathetic and usually screws over the melee people on your own team.

Maybe it's because I play karma (where i can escape his ult with flash and simply outrange him) and morde (where I can just kill him no matter what he does), but I've never really had any troubles with jarvan.

Perspectives. How they vary. XD

I feel as if shaco is an inherently selfish character, and as elo creeps up, so does the importance of team fights. Jarvan has 3 cc options, a team aura buff, and massive and variable disruption with his ult. A severely farmed shaco, like a severely farmed leblanc, is capable of forcing the enemy team to turtle, but is unable to push base/tower without a sound initiator/well-off tank. Obviously their styles and roles differ greatly, and in no way do I consider shaco bad or weak. I just hesitate to mark any character as "trash." I was introduced to a 2000 ranked elo soraka last week, and for the longest times there were threads that soraka should be banned from ranked games for awfulness. etc. etc.

I'll add you

KOkingpin

Smash Champion

Amumu is not really viable cause he always get banned. just saying.

Jarvan is a million times better than you give him credit for.

also A He is a viable tank if you have the rune page for it.
B His damage is far from pitiful. all He needs is a few cheap items to wreck teams.
C Cancel the ult if you block in more of your team than their team.
oh and D he can push like a mad man. WW + Jarvan eat towers hella quick.

Kat + Jarvan = a few dead people on the other team if flash has been popped. Honestly you have not played against a good jarvan. I wouldn't ult you if I knew you had flash up either and Would tear Karma to shreds. Puppets suck unless its early game or you are AP (and completely useless through out the game)

GOD!

Smash Ace
amumu gets banned in elo hell, not at higher elo when people arent of afraid of tanks

completely viable and very good jungle lol

also shaco is garbage. even if you get fed early game, you cant carry a mediocre team
and if you dont get fed early, youre either useless or you have to farm 24/7
useless either way

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Perspectives. How they vary. XD

I feel as if shaco is an inherently selfish character, and as elo creeps up, so does the importance of team fights. Jarvan has 3 cc options, a team aura buff, and massive and variable disruption with his ult. A severely farmed shaco, like a severely farmed leblanc, is capable of forcing the enemy team to turtle, but is unable to push base/tower without a sound initiator/well-off tank. Obviously their styles and roles differ greatly, and in no way do I consider shaco bad or weak. I just hesitate to mark any character as "trash." I was introduced to a 2000 ranked elo soraka last week, and for the longest times there were threads that soraka should be banned from ranked games for awfulness. etc. etc.

I'll add you
Oh no, don't get me wrong, Jarvan is by no means worthless. All of the characters have a fairly nice balance to them. Jarvan can still be used effectively and when fed, like most champs, can still wreck a team. I just think there are better options out there when you want to get down to the gritty min/max theories

Player-3

Smash Hero
AP shaco in solo queues is GREAT

put 4 boxes in a bush

get a ****** on the other team to walk in there

watch him die instantly form your boxes doing 200 damage per shot LOLOL

D

Deleted member

New discussion topic.

NOCTURNE.

Why is he so cool and awesome?

D

Deleted member

I was surprised how good Nocturne is at laning.

His Duskbringer ability is really nice for poking and the fact that he can ignore minion collisions and run faster is absolutely amazing.

His passive is also nice for regaining health and last hitting small groups of minions.

His Q,W, and E have nice synergy and can lead from a simple poke to a quick kill in certain circumstances.

D

Deleted member

Maria whatever that is in your avatar, I want as a pet.

It is mindblowingly cute

theAPExp

Smash Ace
also theapexp in LoL
only lvl 23 though, just can't stand to grind for levels in that game
actually good with singed and janna.
decentish with a handful but nothing to brag about
i've actually been working on shaco lately for ****s and giggles since most people i play with don't understand he can gank at 3 but w/e

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
ehhh Double jungle with Noct and Nunu is stupid good. Ganks are so easy its ridiculous. He is a good character but fairly easy to counter if you know what you are doing.
... double jungle is a terrible idea... and really only "works" if both of the junglers are slow (read: bad)

Nocturne has a nice balance to him. I can't run around spouting how OP he is since he's only killed me a couple times (if you play a speed champ like singed, karma, teemo, etc then he isnt a problem to deal with), but he definitely has potential, so he's certainly not UP. However, it just feels like an assassin version of fiddle when you get right down to it (just hide in bushes, fear, ult out, repeat)

I'd rather he was a tank, but sure, another assassin

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
... double jungle is a terrible idea... and really only "works" if both of the junglers are slow (read: bad)

Nocturne has a nice balance to him. I can't run around spouting how OP he is since he's only killed me a couple times (if you play a speed champ like singed, karma, teemo, etc then he isnt a problem to deal with), but he definitely has potential, so he's certainly not UP. However, it just feels like an assassin version of fiddle when you get right down to it (just hide in bushes, fear, ult out, repeat)

I'd rather he was a tank, but sure, another assassin
Nunu and Nocturne end up owning both jungles whether they have a jungle or not. I've had countless games with double jungle Noct-Nunu and our scores are him 4-0-0 me 0-0-4 in like 8 minutes. If they don't ward someone in each lane always dies cause you simply can not run away. Ice ball > Fear > Ice Ball and they are dead. If both players are good with their respected char then its easy pickins.

you really dont know what you are talking about when it comes to double jungle cause you have probably never seem a good setup of it

Comrade

Smash Journeyman
Nunu and Nocturne end up owning both jungles whether they have a jungle or not. I've had countless games with double jungle Noct-Nunu and our scores are him 4-0-0 me 0-0-4 in like 8 minutes. If they don't ward someone in each lane always dies cause you simply can not run away. Ice ball > Fear > Ice Ball and they are dead. If both players are good with their respected char then its easy pickins.

you really dont know what you are talking about when it comes to double jungle cause you have probably never seem a good setup of it
You're obviously playing in a low ELO because if the other teams is letting you camp their jungle and not setting up wards, then they are just bad.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
You're obviously playing in a low ELO because if the other teams is letting you camp their jungle and not setting up wards, then they are just bad.
I had a wall of text I was gonna put up, but I decided against it. I would rather just dream crush than talk smack. cause thats what I do.

Top Bottom