• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends Champions for Smash

Which League of Legends Champion would you want to see?

• Garen

• Katarina

• Teemo

• Ahri

• Ryze

• Annie

• Ashe

• Ezreal

• Lux

• Yasuo

• Riven

• Jinx

• Miss Fortune

• Ekko

• Other

• Vi

• Lee Sin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
But ugh

can I just

rant about how much I really, really, REALLY ****ING HATE being pitted against Karthus in ARAM

Veigar’s not so bad if you’re playing a ranged character and stay away from that stunning cage attack (I think it’s his W. I don’t play him)

Mordekaiser’s not so bad if you’re a tank type character trapped in his Ult (I’ve survived it with Maokai and Rakan. Poor Evelynn tho 😭) I used to hate being pitted against Mordekaiser

but THAT ASSHOLE KNOWN AS KARTHUS?! His Ult, which I like to call “the anti-Soraka” is a ***** to protect against esp since in ARAM he gets to use it more often and you’re probably not gonna be able to interrupt him. I only barely manage with Sivir’s E and I don’t always have the hourglass item in my builds depending on the character I’m using

and if he still has mana when he dies he can maintain some of his attacks until the mana’s depleted and the death animation finishes

so yeah. Karthus is my most hated champ to fight against especially in ARAM.

/rant over

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
But ugh

can I just

rant about how much I really, really, REALLY ****ING HATE being pitted against Karthus in ARAM

Veigar’s not so bad if you’re playing a ranged character and stay away from that stunning cage attack (I think it’s his W. I don’t play him)

Mordekaiser’s not so bad if you’re a tank type character trapped in his Ult (I’ve survived it with Maokai and Rakan. Poor Evelynn tho 😭) I used to hate being pitted against Mordekaiser

but THAT ASSHOLE KNOWN AS KARTHUS?! His Ult, which I like to call “the anti-Soraka” is a ***** to protect against esp since in ARAM he gets to use it more often and you’re probably not gonna be able to interrupt him. I only barely manage with Sivir’s E and I don’t always have the hourglass item in my builds depending on the character I’m using

and if he still has mana when he dies he can maintain some of his attacks until the mana’s depleted and the death animation finishes

so yeah. Karthus is my most hated champ to fight against especially in ARAM.

/rant over
It's Veigar's E actually. W is the meteor.

To be fair, everyone has "that" Champion they just don't do well against. And different game modes will yield different results, of course. I remember certain Champions being downright busted in URF or Nexus Blitz too. Which kinda makes sense, they're the "For Fun" game modes.

But yeah, Karthus can be a ***** to go against sometimes. Especially when you're going to base on low health. If you're one second too slow and his ult is up, get ready to tilt.

amageish

Smash Master
Welp. Initial reactions make the monetization of the game sound, er, intense. Buying characters/comestics and battle passes are common for MOBAs; Unite sounds like they looked at the different models and went "What if we just had a little bit of each"...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Welp. Initial reactions make the monetization of the game sound, er, intense. Buying characters/comestics and battle passes are common for MOBAs; Unite sounds like they looked at the different models and went "What if we just had a little bit of each"...
Yeah, it's definitely weird. And the menu UIs are really confusing too. But the game is a blast, and the connection has had no issues for me so far.

The game is very simple compared to other MOBAs, but it has just enough depth to keep me hooked.

amageish

Smash Master
Yeah, it's definitely weird. And the menu UIs are really confusing too. But the game is a blast, and the connection has had no issues for me so far.

The game is very simple compared to other MOBAs, but it has just enough depth to keep me hooked.
I've played it myself now and I completely agree. I wonder if the menus would be better-suited for touch screens, but I also just generally don't like it when F2P games hide different ways of obtaining free stuff in different corners - the letter free things, the quest free things, the Battle-Pass free things, etc...

The gameplay itself is a very enjoyable streamlined MOBA for sure though and the NPC trainer character designs strike a good level of quirkiness IMO. Definitely enjoying the game overall.

My biggest fear is how it'll be for new players not joining right now, as they're currently throwing a lot of Pokemon at us and I can see it being frustrating for later players who aren't getting this VIP treatment... The currency distribution really feels like it could use a boost.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I've played it myself now and I completely agree. I wonder if the menus would be better-suited for touch screens, but I also just generally don't like it when F2P games hide different ways of obtaining free stuff in different corners - the letter free things, the quest free things, the Battle-Pass free things, etc...

The gameplay itself is a very enjoyable streamlined MOBA for sure though and the NPC trainer character designs strike a good level of quirkiness IMO. Definitely enjoying the game overall.

My biggest fear is how it'll be for new players not joining right now, as they're currently throwing a lot of Pokemon at us and I can see it being frustrating for later players who aren't getting this VIP treatment... The currency distribution really feels like it could use a boost.
I'm assuming they'll just rotate the Mons to give to new players. Right now we're getting Ninetales, Greninja and Cinderace, maybe there'll be three different mons every month or so, like a Battle Pass feature.

Speaking of, I love the idea of choosing the moveset as you go. It's a nicetwiston the usual formula and fits the usual Pokémon mechanics nicely.

Last edited:

amageish

Smash Master
I'm assumingthey'll just rotate the Mons to give to new players. Right now we're getting Ninetales, Greninja and Cinderace, maybe there'll be three different mons every month or so, like a Battle Pass feature.

Speaking of, I love the idea of choosing the moveset as you go. It's a nicetwiston the usual formula and fits the usual Pokémon mechanics nicely.
I think those are the log-in bonus Pokemon, with the Battle Pass being Slowking and Venusaur? A differentiation that speaks to how confusing and weird the game's menus are; I really really wish they just had a single "Presents" box all unlocks go to...

I do really like that mechanic too! Generally, the game is very good at both feeling like a streamlined MOBA and a unique Pokemon one with the evolution and moveset morphing mechanics... They struck a really good balance there!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So with each band “comeback” they’ve added a recent champion to their lineup

K/DA got Seraphine
Pentakill got Viego

…as the resident TD stan, Yone for True Damage, anyone? please let him rap in Japanese 🥺

what if True Damage Akshan tho…

Last edited:

Mapusaurus

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I paid more attention to the worlds group draw yesterday but saw that there was a nintendo direct today right as I went to bed and when sleeping my mind conjured up this guy as the last smash character.
1632390548267.png

Funniest thing is I didn't question it in my head, I was just like, o yeah league rep and the club is unique. I cant fathom how angry the community would be if he was the last rep lol, a bit of a troll pick.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
While I'm not a fan, but if I had to pick a character... I would go with Thresh himself.
(I can picture his reveal trailer being a sequel to Simon and Ritcher's trailer where the Belmonts mistake him for a monster sent by Dracula)

MasterCheef

Smash Ace
League of Legends Worlds 2021 starts on October 5th. The same day as the Smash Direct. Would be an epic day for Ahri in Smash :D

CP11 = fighter __ = __ Ahri

Master Chief = Mii Gunner
Crash Bandicoot = Mii brawler
Hollow Knight = Mii Sword Fighter

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus if you don’t get to finish your LoL write ups by the time this subforum closes where will you post them?

also, I have a new annoyance now that I’m playing URF a lot: Yuumi. Karthus is really only an annoyance in ARAM, I almost never see him in URF (he’s often banned lmao)

Yuumi though… and her voice lines… [SCREAMS INTERNALLY]

she’s based when she’s on your team though, for better or worse. Still find her voice lines obnoxious tho

except for when she partners with you and you recall. That one is surprisingly wholesome

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll go ahead and say I have no experience with LoL or it's characters so I'll put the question to the floor?

Who's the "main character" or "mascot" of the game. You know, like Watson is to Apex or Tracer is to Overwatch? Is there one character who features on advertising and crossovers and the like over the rest of the cast?

I've heard the names Jinx and Ahri but that's all I got.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Hey 3BitSaurus 3BitSaurus if you don’t get to finish your LoL write ups by the time this subforum closes where will you post them?

also, I have a new annoyance now that I’m playing URF a lot: Yuumi. Karthus is really only an annoyance in ARAM, I almost never see him in URF (he’s often banned lmao)

Yuumi though… and her voice lines… [SCREAMS INTERNALLY]

she’s based when she’s on your team though, for better or worse. Still find her voice lines obnoxious tho

except for when she partners with you and you recall. That one is surprisingly wholesome
Not sure... I'll try to get the last three to thetop 10 by tomorrow night. After that, I dunno.

Yuumi is interesting. Haven't got to play her a whole lot, but some fun shenanigans happen with her.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I'll go ahead and say I have no experience with LoL or it's characters so I'll put the question to the floor?

Who's the "main character" or "mascot" of the game. You know, like Watson is to Apex or Tracer is to Overwatch? Is there one character who features on advertising and crossovers and the like over the rest of the cast?

Heimerdinger. Don’t look it up, just trust me on that one

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

Well, there's no main character, since even the story events differ greatly and pretty much every "country" has different arcs (for example, you could say that Lucian and Senna were the main characters of the Ruination event, with Viego as the main antagonist). When it comes to mascots, there's a few. Though some Champions are clearly more popular than others, LoL doesn't have one singular fixed mascot.

Some of the ones I've covered in the Speculation Thread writeups would fit this, such as Ahri, Jinx and Annie. There's also othersI haven't covered (yet ;) ) such as Teemo, Lux and Yasuo. Each of these guys have a number of things on their favor - some are easier to translate ability-wise, some have a good amount of skins (meaning they're pushed more by Riot), some even have confirmed spinoffs to their name.

Sure, you could reduce a "most likely" list to about a top 20 or top 15, but I doubt you'd ever arrive at one Champion's name.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Well, there's no main character, since even the story events differ greatly and pretty much every "country" has different arcs (for example, you could say that Lucian and Senna were the main characters of the Ruination event, with Viego as the main antagonist). When it comes to mascots, there's a few. Though some Champions are clearly more popular than others, LoL doesn't have one singular fixed mascot.

Some of the ones I've covered in the Speculation Thread writeups would fit this, such as Ahri, Jinx and Annie. There's also othersI haven't covered (yet ;) ) such as Teemo, Lux and Yasuo. Each of these guys have a number of things on their favor - some are easier to translate ability-wise, some have a good amount of skins (meaning they're pushed more by Riot), some even have confirmed spinoffs to their name.

Sure, you could reduce a "most likely" list to about a top 20 or top 15, but I doubt you'd ever arrive at one Champion's name.
Where can I find these write-ups?

SharkLord

Smash Hero

If I remember correctly, Ryze used to be the resident series mascot. That said, I've only done minor research, so I dunno if times have changed or anything. Though, I've at least seen enough mobile ads to know that Jinx gets to be the face on the icon for the Wild Rift mobile port.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If I remember correctly, Ryze used to be the resident series mascot. That said, I've only done minor research, so I dunno if times have changed or anything. Though, I've at least seen enough mobile ads to know that Jinx gets to be the face on the icon for the Wild Rift mobile port.
Ryze is an interesting case. I personally don't think he's as recognizable to outsiders compared to someone like Ahri, Lux or Jinx, but he's very much a veteran icon of League.

Well, that and he's been reworked so many times, it's become a meme in the LoL community.

I don’t, so this is gonna be helpful!
Glad to know!

Top Bottom