• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

League of Legends Champions for Smash

Which League of Legends Champion would you want to see?

• Garen

• Katarina

• Teemo

• Ahri

• Ryze

• Annie

• Ashe

• Ezreal

• Lux

• Yasuo

• Riven

• Jinx

• Miss Fortune

• Ekko

• Other

• Vi

• Lee Sin

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Sorry if I seem repetitive here, but I wanted to ask this random question:
You know the smash community likes to give nicknames to characters they don't like(Ex. Anime swordsman). If Kindred were to get in, what nickname would the community give them?
They aren't really in the spectrum of characters, for example:
Not anime characters
Not sword users
Not the 90s platformer mascots
Not the popular shooter reps
Not from jrpg
Not cartoony
Not nostalgia picks
With these, what will the smash fanbase call them?

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Sorry if I seem repetitive here, but I wanted to ask this random question:
You know the smash community likes to give nicknames to characters they don't like(Ex. Anime swordsman). If Kindred were to get in, what nickname would the community give them?
They aren't really in the spectrum of characters, for example:
Not anime characters
Not sword users
Not the 90s platformer mascots
Not the popular shooter reps
Not from jrpg
Not cartoony
Not nostalgia picks
With these, what will the smash fanbase call them?
Probably Chinese Invaders due to Tencent’s Ownership of Riot Games, who makes League.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Oh! Wild Rift is available on NA iOS stores now! Been having a blast with it so far

I know they’ll be working on console versions, I guess we could expect a Switch version soon...
Might try it out soon! It will feel like a fresh start, in a way.

Been a day so I hope I can post again

idk why but I’m starting to think Jinx may be the LoL rep if we get one. Prefer Ahri above all else but would be fine with Jinx or anyone that isn’t Gragas

Since she’s the face on the Wild Rift app and all
Mayhaps. She was used quite a bit in WR advertising and she is one of the most recognizable champions.

It is worth noting that she's also set to appear in both Arcane and Project L.

Probably Chinese Invaders due to Tencent’s Ownership of Riot Games, who makes League.
Tbh I'm not sure if that's accurate because Riot is an american company, even if they were bought by Tencent.

Then again, these reductionisms are never accurate, so...

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
Dunno, I'm not sure he quite reaches the same level as others who are suggested. But hey, a character that changes stance once per stock sounds fun!

Also. Project L closed tests in April:

Seeing Darius kicking someone instead of using an axe still looks odd to me.
I guess that's one of his throws?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Dunno, I'm not sure he quite reaches the same level as others who are suggested. But hey, a character that changes stance once per stock sounds fun!

Also. Project L closed tests in April:

You think they could reveal Project L at E3?

...and with it, a LoL character in Smash?

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I have many friends that still play League to this day however I have no attachment to that game at all but to be honest I don’t mind getting LoL rep it’s a massive game thats still growing to this day after all. Pretty sure Ahri could cause a huge hype even though the audience target isn’t for the Nintendo fans.
is there actually some kind of risk getting a Chinese owned company to smash?

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Pretty sure Ahri could cause a huge hype even though the audience target isn’t for the Nintendo fans.
To be fair, neither was Joker, and it was a hype reveal nonetheless.

is there actually some kind of risk getting a Chinese owned company to smash?
Not really? It's not like Nintendo is being bought out by them, they're just adding a character that belongs to a chinese company.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Idk how much stock you guys put in glitches hinting at characters but

you know the “graze” glitch that affects all characters and they graze all projectiles without taking damage while they’re dashing?

some think it’s a hint for Reimu Hakurei as it resembles how Touhou games play

but... what if that’s more testing for a new type of projectile... a Gatling gun?

WHAT IF JINX???

nah this is a bit of a stretch, but wouldn’t be surprised if true, esp considering how much promo Jinx has been getting

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Idk how much stock you guys put in glitches hinting at characters but

you know the “graze” glitch that affects all characters and they graze all projectiles without taking damage while they’re dashing?

some think it’s a hint for Reimu Hakurei as it resembles how Touhou games play

but... what if that’s more testing for a new type of projectile... a Gatling gun?

WHAT IF JINX???

nah this is a bit of a stretch, but wouldn’t be surprised if true, esp considering how much promo Jinx has been getting
Not sure... I don't see how that glitch would correspond to Jinx - it's not like the bullets themselves have any properties that affects foes - except for her ult. The minigun affects Jinx herself (attack speed, specifically).

Interestingly, the change seems to affect all projectiles, so I think if it was related to a character, it would be one with a projectile that has unique properties, which would warrant a global change.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Not sure... I don't see how that glitch would correspond to Jinx - it's not like the bullets themselves have any properties that affects foes - except for her ult. The minigun affects Jinx herself (attack speed, specifically).

Interestingly, the change seems to affect all projectiles, so I think if it was related to a character, it would be one with a projectile that has unique properties, which would warrant a global change.
Either that, or they interact projectiles in a weird way, which narrows it down by... Not much. All we can really say is that they probably needed to alter projectiles as a whole.

The more mundane suggestion I've seen is that they just needed to make sure Mythra's up special projectiles went back to her no matter what. Dunno how much water that hold, though, so don't quote me on that.

amageish

Smash Master
It’s happening y’all:
There was a problem fetching the tweet

League is definitely expanding as an IP. And no doubt a certain something could give it even more recognition...
Netflix Theory: The final 2 are a League rep and Carmen Sandiego. 10/10, confirmed, someone call PapaGenos.

(That was a joke, to be clear.)

It's cool that it's happening! Here's hoping it's a good series.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Y'know, I'm kinda getting interested in this game, actually. Though, I'm not quite sure where to start. The lore's gotten so big the wiki seems to have categories for lore relating to each individual character, there's 150+ characters to get acquainted with, etc. I suppose I could just download the game itself and figure it out as I go, but I've hard some things about the fandom, I have zero experience in MOBAs, and I also have very little experience with multiplayer team games, so who knows how well I'll do.

So uh, I guess I'll come here for some pointers. And frick it, might as well add myself to the support list too, while I'm at it.

amageish

Smash Master
Y'know, I'm kinda getting interested in this game, actually. Though, I'm not quite sure where to start. The lore's gotten so big the wiki seems to have categories for lore relating to each individual character, there's 150+ characters to get acquainted with, etc. I suppose I could just download the game itself and figure it out as I go, but I've hard some things about the fandom, I have zero experience in MOBAs, and I also have very little experience with multiplayer team games, so who knows how well I'll do.

So uh, I guess I'll come here for some pointers. And frick it, might as well add myself to the support list too, while I'm at it.
Well, uh, yeah, there's a lot of lore. If your goal is to find some lore, then the main game isn't exactly mandatory playing per say - though there is a vs bots mode if you want a softer introduction to the mechanics/world that way.

I'd say the best way to go with the lore is to just find a thread (character, region, what-have-you) you find interesting and start exploring from there. How you go about finding that first thread is up to you - there's a few comic books if you like those, there will be a RPG coming out sometime in 2021, there are extensive wiki pages and online databases that can just be read as prose, etc.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

I mean, in regards to lore, it's actually best to start with the short stories written by Rioters (you can find them on the wikia), as well as the comics and the future spinoffs. Though it's nice to play the MOBA even if it's against th CPU - should give you an idea of what the characters could bring.

That said, welcome aboard! I just realized I never added a support list for this thread, might as well do it.

Oh, speaking of spinoffs:

Looks like Project L isn't due until next year - but hey, we're getting an update in 2021! That's great news!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So I decided to browse through the LoL music video playlist again today and when I got to Giants I found something... concerning in the comments

you know Mobile Legends: Bang Bang? The company behind that decided to put out their own “virtual music group” that’s also a hip hop group like True Damage. Also lots of autotune, the lyrics are eerily similar to Giants (with a bit of POP/STARS) and the video copies a lot of common things from Giants, POP/STARS and Villain! And a bit of MORE and the Lunar Beast 2021 cinematic too! And it looks like really cheap CGI too

gee I wonder what Riot has to say about that..

In response they should do a True Damage comeback this year

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
So I decided to browse through the LoL music video playlist again today and when I got to Giants I found something... concerning in the comments

you know Mobile Legends: Bang Bang? The company behind that decided to put out their own “virtual music group” that’s also a hip hop group like True Damage. Also lots of autotune, the lyrics are eerily similar to Giants (with a bit of POP/STARS) and the video copies a lot of common things from Giants, POP/STARS and Villain! And a bit of MORE and the Lunar Beast 2021 cinematic too! And it looks like really cheap CGI too

gee I wonder what Riot has to say about that..

In response they should do a True Damage comeback this year
If the early LoL champs were clearly expys of Dota, then like half of Mobile Legends is like an expy of LoL.

I mean, it's similar to the point where Tencent actually filed a lawsuit against ML once.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, on E3 League news yesterday:

Really nice to see! Imagine this quality for every episode!

And I doubt this is the last we'll see from Riot at E3. We could get news on Conv/rgence, as well as the other unnamed spinoffs. Maybe even another gameplay trailer for Ruined King and WR/LoR on the Switch. 👀
And of course… you know.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
LoL is being rated in RTC today

also, shower thought. What if that rumor meant LoL was coming to the next Smash or even an expanded Ultimate port? It didn’t mention DLC or Ultimate explicitly

it only said, verbatim, “A League of Legends character is coming to Smash.”

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Slightly unrelated to smash but is related to LoL

I GOT MY FIRST S RANK TODAY!!!WITH SERAPHINE NO LESS! AND I WAS TRYING TO UNLOCK HER RISING STAR SKIN!

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
you really can't go wrong with a LoL champion, they have so much to offer in terms of moveset potential and so many skins in case you want cool alts

I would prefer my gal Katarina though, she would be a dagger user which we don't currently have (Joker uses a knife)

That said, by no means would I have a LoL character as one of my MWs, mainly because of the absolute dumpster fire that is the LoL community. For reference, just yesterday I barely played 1 Draft pick match and the whole team started to flame me out of nowhere so I had to mute them all, all of this in a non-ranked match yet they refused to surrender because of their fragile egos.
It's a damn shame because the game itself is decent but good f****** luck at separating the manchilds from the good players (do they even exist though?).

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
LoL is being rated in RTC today

also, shower thought. What if that rumor meant LoL was coming to the next Smash or even an expanded Ultimate port? It didn’t mention DLC or Ultimate explicitly

it only said, verbatim, “A League of Legends character is coming to Smash.”
At this point, I think we can throw that one out. That "leaker" would have to know about a PreMiium costume and a character over a year in advance. Unless LoL somehow took a really long time to negotiate for, I don't see that post being true now.

Slightly unrelated to smash but is related to LoL

I GOT MY FIRST S RANK TODAY!!!WITH SERAPHINE NO LESS! AND I WAS TRYING TO UNLOCK HER RISING STAR SKIN!
Nice! Seems like forever ago that I got my first S rank. Maybe I am getting old lol.

you really can't go wrong with a LoL champion, they have so much to offer in terms of moveset potential and so many skins in case you want cool alts

I would prefer my gal Katarina though, she would be a dagger user which we don't currently have (Joker uses a knife)

That said, by no means would I have a LoL character as one of my MWs, mainly because of the absolute dumpster fire that is the LoL community. For reference, just yesterday I barely played 1 Draft pick match and the whole team started to flame me out of nowhere so I had to mute them all, all of this in a non-ranked match yet they refused to surrender because of their fragile egos.
It's a damn shame because the game itself is decent but good f****** luck at separating the manchilds from the good players (do they even exist though?).
LoL is actually several different game experiences depending on whether or not you're playing against the CPU, doing a Normal Match or a Ranked Match. Plus, you gotta factor your server in - they can be more or less toxic.

That said, I think people should try and separate a game from its fanbase. It's kinda something you need to learn, especially for online games.

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
The League Cinematic Universe (TM) got yet another teaser:

Looks like we'll see the next chapter of the Ruination storyline pretty soon. And we'll know what happens with Vayne, Poppy and that weird "vault" they found, presumably.
The animations look so cool. Imagine smash characters in that style.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ah ****. May need to delete and re-upload, this time rendering it in 4K as since I’m not a big YouTuber, the compression kills the quality big time

May make a few minor edits that’ll bug me if I don’t too

stay tuned

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
YO

REUPLOAD DONE, NO FUZZINESS, SOME BETTER EDITS, OH MY GOD IT'S BEAUTIFUL (AND HAS 4K) (wait a few hours from this post tho, it's still processing HD and 4K)

... and look forward to the Sephiroth montage with Villain later this year!

Last edited:

Yokta

That's Yoktastic!
So, I'm curious: which League champion do you guys feel is LEAST deserving of inclusion in Smash? Is there a specific champion who would make even the most positive LoL fan roll their eyes in disgust at the lameness of it all?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, I'm curious: which League champion do you guys feel is LEAST deserving of inclusion in Smash? Is there a specific champion who would make even the most positive LoL fan roll their eyes in disgust at the lameness of it all?
Seraphine no that’d be too easy. I’d say uhhhh
  • Karthus, the source of a lot of ARAM salt
  • Shaco, if you know you know
  • Veigar, cause of that ONE COMBO, you know the one
  • Probably Taric, who I almost never see anyone play. In that case though it’s probably more a case of they forget he exists

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
That's a difficult question. Unless the character is really unpopular or so new it hasn't had a chance to grow inside the fanbase, I'd hardly call most picks "undeserving".

For example, Teemo and Yasuo would draw salt, but the former is practically on mascot status and the latter is one of the most played and iconic champions, for better or worse. So even those would be seen as "deserving" LoL reps.

The only champions I can think of where the negatives might drown out the positives are Garen (who isn't a bad champion per se, but come on, you get to pick one out of all kits and character designs in League and you pick Garen? And keep in mind, I say this as someone who enjoys playing him) and... Seraphine, because reasons.

Veigar, cause of that ONE COMBO, you know the one
You bet I do, Rie. You bet I do.

And every time, it brings a smile to my face.

Last edited:
Top Bottom